Tv coverage of the replay

Juanjo

Heartsmad1874

Hearts and Hibs could both have played league games this Friday evening leaving Monday for the replay. No TV money next Wed is a loss to both clubs.

So your suggesting we cause Inverness and their fans a massive inconveniece by making them come up for a 7.45pm kick off even though some may have booked travel/tickets already for the Saturday?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
luckyBatistuta

I think Hearts and Hibs should be extremely disappointed with the SFA. Scheduling the replay when the champions league is on deprives fans of a potentially exciting fixture (Knock out derby whats not to love?) whilst also depriving the clubs of much needed cash and exposure.

I couldn't help wondering if the OF had a replay if there would have been a reaction from the SFA.

So tinpot its embarrassing. 

But hey, we get to watch 4 plastic clubs play in a plastic competition followed by plastic fans. Fantastic.

There's no way in hell, that if the game was between those two scum, it wouldn't end up live on tv.

So your suggesting we cause Inverness and their fans a massive inconveniece by making them come up for a 7.45pm kick off even though some may have booked travel/tickets already for the Saturday?

Happens to all fans at some point. We have had a number of games in Inverness, Aberdeen etc moved at short notice for TV. Why should ICT fans be any different. We have already played Aberdeen on a Friday night this season. Still going to Killie on a Friday night. We were up in Inverness Friday night recently if I remember correctly. Aberdeen at 12.15 on a Saturday coming up as well. Try getting a train or bus to Aberdeen for that one. Inconvenient to say the least. Inverness is only 2.5 hours away, it's not the ends of the earth. That's a short trip for most English clubs fans.

I was just trying to come up with a solution to a problem that tens of thousands will have versus a small inconvenience for a few hundred ICT fans.

Happens to all fans at some point. We have had a number of games in Inverness, Aberdeen etc moved at short notice for TV. Why should ICT fans be any different. We have already played Aberdeen on a Friday night this season. Still going to Killie on a Friday night. We were up in Inverness Friday night recently if I remember correctly. Aberdeen at 12.15 on a Saturday coming up as well. Try getting a train or bus to Aberdeen for that one. Inconvenient to say the least. Inverness is only 2.5 hours away, it's not the ends of the earth. That's a short trip for most English clubs fans.

I was just trying to come up with a solution to a problem that tens of thousands will have versus a small inconvenience for a few hundred ICT fans.

I don't think it's viable to change a game at 6 days' notice when fans on both sides will have bought tickets & made plans, but I see where you're coming from.

Short notice aside, though, I don't think we should be arguing it's not a big deal because ICT have a small fanbase. People are rightly pointing out that this scenario would never happen if the OF were involved. That's because the SFA think they can get away with shafting us because we're not that big a deal. To the SFA, us and Hibs are just slightly bigger non-OF clubs. Who cares if we get shafted?

I know you probably didn't mean it that way, but the whole reason this thing has even happened is because big, powerful clubs assume smaller ones don't matter.

He seems to be! He's also suggesting that Raith Rovers be forced to move a home game from a Saturday afternoon to a Friday night, with less than a week's notice.

And he's suggesting Hearts should move a home game to a Friday night with less than a week's notice.

So he wants all of the fans of four different clubs to have matches moved to a Friday night with less than a week's notice, regardless of the inconvenience to what will be over 20,000 people that have made plans around the games being on the Saturday, including many fans that have booked into hospitality for the day, and regardless of the effect on staff of all the clubs, caterers, stewards, police, etc. Just so a different match, which two of the four clubs aren't even involved in anyway, can be shown on tv!

It beggars belief!

Remind me of a time when we've had one of our games moved from a Saturday to a Friday at less than a week's notice so that another game that doesn't even involve us can be shown on tv.

It's funny how every time a league fixture is scheduled for tv, loads of folk are moaning on jkb about how it's all about tv, no consideration is given to fans that go to games, then as soon as there's a game that folk want to see on tv, we're being shafted by the sfa, it's a disgrace that it isn't being scheduled for a Monday or a late afternoon so it can be shown on tv, and to hell with anyone that actually goes to games!

It's funny how every time a league fixture is scheduled for tv, loads of folk are moaning on jkb about how it's all about tv, no consideration is given to fans that go to games, then as soon as there's a game that folk want to see on tv, it's suddenly a disgrace that it isn't being scheduled for a Monday or a late afternoon so it can be shown on tv, and to hell with anyone that actually goes to games!

But what people actually resent is the extent to which power has been taken away from fans.

Televised games suit me so I tend not to complain about it, but if people are upset about kick off times being moved just so Sky or BT can fulfil their quotas then that's fair enough. And it's equally shit knowing that you can't watch your team because someone somewhere was bullied into signing a nonsensical Memorandum of Understanding so that the big teams can make more money and keep the vast majority of it for themselves.

Honestly, if you think about it, it's mad. UEFA know that their sponsorship with Heineken or whoever is worth more if they can guarantee they've fixed the TV market in their favour, and as a consequence of that, I can't watch my team in a massive game? Am I meant to give a shit about Sevilla or Wolfsburg or Spartak Moscow or whoever instead? Loads of people will feel the same way, and then some of those people will be irritated that a home game with Aberdeen or whoever gets shifted at relatively short notice, because it messes up their plans. Seems fine to me.  

We're just pawns being used by people with vested interests who don't give a shit about us. It's OK to be frustrated with that.

The Old Tolbooth

It's funny how every time a league fixture is scheduled for tv, loads of folk are moaning on jkb about how it's all about tv, no consideration is given to fans that go to games, then as soon as there's a game that folk want to see on tv, we're being shafted by the sfa, it's a disgrace that it isn't being scheduled for a Monday or a late afternoon so it can be shown on tv, and to hell with anyone that actually goes to games!

I tend to agree with your reasoning mate, however the utterly crazy rule of not allowing other games to be televised just so their darling comp can be shown live on telly without any other games being shown at the same time, is just draconian, it beggars belief in itself. UEFA are dictators, and we must all obey these scumbags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lord Beni of Gorgie

There's a precedent, it is not the SFA you need to lobby, it's Sky. If they really want to show it, they will apply the pressure but I suspect they won't be too bothered

Bazzas right boot

If I was hibs, in play at it 1500 on the wed.

Means we would struggle to get to the game, but Thier own crowd would probably be boosted, nae job, day after giro day, middle of the day so that it still leaves time to get melted on meth after the game, perfect for them.

The SFA could and should have planned for this much better, particularly given the same issue happened last year!

It is not a completely unrealistic chance that a cup tie might end up a draw, needing a replay!

Next Monday night would have been ideal.

There is one FA cup match on, so between three potential broadcasters with multiple channels, it would have been picked up.

That's what I said on the other thread.

No reason at all why the replay can't be on the Monday night. Assuming neither club is playing on the Sunday.

So stuff the many thousands who WOULD go to the game but can't get a ticket!

Stuff the ever-growing international fan base; all those many, many Hearts fans who cannot be at the game for health, age, work reasons.

RustyRightPeg

Just noticed that Dunfermline v Hamilton went to a reply too and they're playing tomorrow night.

Why is our replay another week away? Surely a bit of initiative could've been used to think oh "what if this does end a draw" and have plans in place to have a replay televised?

But what people actually resent is the extent to which power has been taken away from fans.

Televised games suit me so I tend not to complain about it, but if people are upset about kick off times being moved just so Sky or BT can fulfil their quotas then that's fair enough. And it's equally shit knowing that you can't watch your team because someone somewhere was bullied into signing a nonsensical Memorandum of Understanding so that the big teams can make more money and keep the vast majority of it for themselves.

Honestly, if you think about it, it's mad. UEFA know that their sponsorship with Heineken or whoever is worth more if they can guarantee they've fixed the TV market in their favour, and as a consequence of that, I can't watch my team in a massive game? Am I meant to give a shit about Sevilla or Wolfsburg or Spartak Moscow or whoever instead? Loads of people will feel the same way, and then some of those people will be irritated that a home game with Aberdeen or whoever gets shifted at relatively short notice, because it messes up their plans. Seems fine to me.

We're just pawns being used by people with vested interests who don't give a shit about us. It's OK to be frustrated with that.

Spot on - massive sponsorship deals are there because they're paying for a monopoly, a captive audience that has no other football to watch.

**** UEFA, they're there to make money for the big boys and screw the rest

Just noticed that Dunfermline v Hamilton went to a reply too and they're playing tomorrow night.

Why is our replay another week away? Surely a bit of initiative could've been used to think oh "what if this does end a draw" and have plans in place to have a replay televised?

There's are champions league games tomorrow and Wednesday as well

Mind you after that poor excuse for a football match yesterday there is no garauntee that any of the TV companies would be interested in showing the match.

RustyRightPeg

There's are champions league games tomorrow and Wednesday as well

Just noticed this after I posted.

Rather stupid though when a Portugese & French team are playing with no UK involvement this week.

Just noticed this after I posted.

Rather stupid though when a Portugese & French team are playing with no UK involvement this week.

Absolutely. They could easily have all the champions league first legs this week or next but instead they spread it over weeks maximising the obstruction to everyone else

The Old Tolbooth

Just noticed that Dunfermline v Hamilton went to a reply too and they're playing tomorrow night.

I think the logistics of organising something at such short notice would've been a nightmare mate, around 20,000 fans would've been a horrendous thing to organise so quickly, you'll be lucky if there's 1500 at the Hamilton game.

Bungalow Bill

Sportsmania ? Got most stuff on that but no idea about this one.

There has to be cameras at the game in the first place for it to be on Sportsmania.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shame they can't just record it with camera's and stream it on Peroscope :D

If UEFA are going to be ***** with shitey rules designed to promote their shite competition for plastic fans in the developing world then surely we can find a loophole to screen it anyway?

PeterintheRain

Not with the average speed cameras on the A9. Unless you don't like having a driving licence.

I don't think it's viable to change a game at 6 days' notice when fans on both sides will have bought tickets & made plans, but I see where you're coming from.

Short notice aside, though, I don't think we should be arguing it's not a big deal because ICT have a small fanbase. People are rightly pointing out that this scenario would never happen if the OF were involved. That's because the SFA think they can get away with shafting us because we're not that big a deal. To the SFA, us and Hibs are just slightly bigger non-OF clubs. Who cares if we get shafted?

I know you probably didn't mean it that way, but the whole reason this thing has even happened is because big, powerful clubs assume smaller ones don't matter.

If we were at home to Celtic or The Rangers next Wednesday do you think the SFA would find a way for it to be televised either by earlier ko or date change? I do. Similarly if it was Celtic v The Rangers replay next week. Other fixtures would be rescheduled.

Not with the average speed cameras on the A9. Unless you don't like having a driving licence.

The clue is in the prior sentence ?

He seems to be! He's also suggesting that Raith Rovers be forced to move a home game from a Saturday afternoon to a Friday night, with less than a week's notice.

And he's suggesting Hearts should move a home game to a Friday night with less than a week's notice.

So he wants all of the fans of four different clubs to have matches moved to a Friday night with less than a week's notice, regardless of the inconvenience to what will be over 20,000 people that have made plans around the games being on the Saturday, including many fans that have booked into hospitality for the day, and regardless of the effect on staff of all the clubs, caterers, stewards, police, etc. Just so a different match, which two of the four clubs aren't even involved in anyway, can be shown on tv!

It beggars belief!

No, I was suggesting that these were options if someone had just given some prior thought to the scheduling of any potential replay. It happened last year. One mistake is excusable. To make the same mistake a second time is inexcusable. Cost two Scottish clubs ?100k plus in tv income.

If you are trying to promote Scottish football to the tv companies then you would want a Hibs v Hearts cup replay broadcast before many of the meaningless, poorly attended games that are regularly broadcast. It's all about managing your product. Something the SFA/SPFL do particularly badly in my opinion

I tend to agree with your reasoning mate, however the utterly crazy rule of not allowing other games to be televised just so their darling comp can be shown live on telly without any other games being shown at the same time, is just draconian, it beggars belief in itself. UEFA are dictators, and we must all obey these scumbags.

Oh yes, the block on domestic games being televised when UEFA's precious tournaments are on is ridiculous. And I'm as disappointed as most people that the game won't be televised because of it. But I don't think rearranging games left, right and centre to fit one game in around the block would be equally ridiculous in my opinion.

If we were at home to Celtic or The Rangers next Wednesday do you think the SFA would find a way for it to be televised either by earlier ko or date change? I do. Similarly if it was Celtic v The Rangers replay next week. Other fixtures would be rescheduled.

Yeah, course I do. Definitely if it was an OF derby. They'd do anything necessary to get it televised.

That's kind of the point I was making though - the powers that be will look after the big sides and who cares about anyone else. If we were to say "who cares about ICT and their 300 fans, they're just a wee club", we'd be no better, and we'd be accepting that it's OK to shaft smaller clubs.

The game should be on TV IMO, but not at the expense of existing fixtures for which tickets have been bought & arrangements made.

RustyRightPeg

Is it the same rule with the Europa League?

Not unheard of to delay a fixture till a Thursday night surely.

Yeah, course I do. Definitely if it was an OF derby. They'd do anything necessary to get it televised.

That's kind of the point I was making though - the powers that be will look after the big sides and who cares about anyone else. If we were to say "who cares about ICT and their 300 fans, they're just a wee club", we'd be no better, and we'd be accepting that it's OK to shaft smaller clubs.

The game should be on TV IMO, but not at the expense of existing fixtures for which tickets have been bought & arrangements made.

I agree. What I was saying was that a contingency should have been in place based on last years bad experience.

I agree. What I was saying was that a contingency should have been in place based on last years bad experience.

Yeah, definitely. But like I said earlier, unless we revert to playing the 4th round before Christmas, this will be an issue every year as long as we have a break in January (until there's an OF replay, obviously).

the sub goalie

Personally I think that's it's just bad planning by the SFA. The rules regarding domestic matches being televised during UEFA competitions are clear as day, I and many more may disagree with the ruling but it stands.

Now, regardless whether a replay is the Edinburgh Derby, Old Firm or whatever other Scottish Cup replay then the SFA have an obligation to promote A. The tournament and B. The clubs involved. Now if a broadcaster, BBC or Sky in the Scottish Cups case choose not to take up the option, then what can you do. However, for the replay to have absolutely zero chance of even having the option to be shown is just wrong IMO. The rounds for the Scottish Cup need to be planned far better and give the Scottish game as much exposure as possible, that starts with the potential replays coinciding with the Champions League.

The Old Tolbooth

Oh yes, the block on domestic games being televised when UEFA's precious tournaments are on is ridiculous. And I'm as disappointed as most people that the game won't be televised because of it. But I don't think rearranging games left, right and centre to fit one game in around the block would be equally ridiculous in my opinion.

Totally agree, and I think the only thing they could do if they could get away with it, is to bring the kick off forward to something like 6:45pm, although it would be a nightmare for folk getting to the game for the time during a rush hour etc.

The Old Tolbooth

Is it the same rule with the Europa League?

Not unheard of to delay a fixture till a Thursday night surely.

If you move it to a Thursday, you then have the problem that the following weekend games have to be moved to the Sunday, and with hospitality already sold for the Saturday games and travel arrangements made etc, it's not possible at such short notice and would be extremely unfair to fans.

Is there not a loophole where the game could be streamed online rather than on TV? I'm sure I read somewhere that the UEFA blanket ban only prevented games that clashed being shown on TV.

WhenTheHeartsWentUp

Should be on Hibs TV for those who have Sportsmania.

IIRC Hibs TV aren't even allowed to show it, such is the strictness of UEFA's blackout. Real pisser. Maybe somebody could be very kind and Periscope it again?

Last year they thought they were able to broadcast online outside UK. Both hibs and hearts advertised it iirc. They then found out they couldn't and had to do a quick u turn. Unless the ko time or day is changed it won't be available in any form, other than radio, live. Not sure why folk are thinking otherwise.

FenderJaguar7

Unbelievable you can watch an u-17 game streamed live from Cambodia but not a Hearts Hibs Scottish Cup replay.

Embarrassing and the fans being punished once again. Fans get treated like absolute mugs in this backwater country.

Unbelievable you can watch an u-17 game streamed live from Cambodia but not a Hearts Hibs Scottish Cup replay.

Embarrassing and the fans being punished once again. Fans get treated like absolute mugs in this backwater country.

I live in North Carolina and get high school diving... And half of them can barely swim never mind dive!

Archived