Tv coverage of the replay

Juanjo

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heartsmad1874

Not a chance.

Uefa Broadcasting rules dictate no other live matches can be broadcast between 7.45pm and 9.30pm.

The English FA did this last year with Hull v Arsenal that kicked off at 7.15pm sure they got a hefty fine for that though.

Best you'll get is radio or someone periscoping it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Probably not. UEFA not likely to pander to Scotland as they did England. If Sky even bother to pursue

SFA already set kick off for 7:45pm so definitely no TV coverage because of Champions League football.

Had the SFA set it for 7:15pm (as the English FA did last year for a televised game that clashed with UEFA's shite) it would've been possible but then they'd need a broadcaster to pick it up.

letsalldothebeattie

SFA already in enough bother with UEFA after the poppy incident against England can't see them pushing for the replay to be on tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will people get it in their heads!! This game will not be televised!!!!!

Yeah But there will be 15 threads on the subject

Just laugh

There was none last year. Will this be carried by any channels this time?

MODS: meant to say "replay".

Having been at last year's replay (and I'm still a bit traumatised) you should be thankful it wasn't on TV. SFA should be aware of fixture clashes with uefa games though. i'm normally opposed to tv games as they muck up ko times but for a midweek cup replay where demand will outstrip supply its another example of SFA incompetence. Who wants to watch Dynamo Kiev, Seville or Leicester etc rather than us v them?

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

Tynecastlesmychurch

Ohh brilliant unable to go as I don't finish work till 7:30 that day. So yet again I'm stuck listening to ******* sportsound!

A_A wehatethehibs

Unfortunately both hearts and hibs served up pish for the neutral, and we have done for the best part of 10 years, so no demand for it to be televised even if it were possible.

There has been some drama in games like hibs turnaround last year, ozturks screamer the year before, relegation party the year before that. But in general these games have been typically packed with poor fouls going unpunished, dives (aka "winning fouls in dangerous areas") and players failing to maintain composure in passing and in front of goal.

They have been absolutely brutal to watch for years.

Whatever happens I hope our team comes out ER and put our feet on the ball and get the passing engine going. The last time we saw 2 teams with cool heads and players wanting to play football was probably 2007 that 3-2 miko game. Ever since then it's basically been 2 teams of hammer throwers bar the 2012 final when we stroked the ball about.

1 genuinely good footballing performance from either team (irrespective of results) in 10 years of derbies, sad when you think about it. Virtually every game is 0-0, 1-0 or 1-1. Dross.

Heartsmad1874

Will it be on Hibs TV for those of us with Kodi?

Hibs tweeted yesterday that its not going to be available on Hibs TV. Only way to see this game is going to Easter Road.

Gutting, cant believe the majority will miss Bikey scoring the winner now he's not cup tied any more :( 

Heartsmad1874

its crazy after last years replay this wasnt sorted.

SFA's bad planning is stopping Hibs & Hearts making TV cash.

There is no another suitable option.

The SFA can't plan for a game that might not happen. The next two midweeks are Champions League weeks and the week after is a league match at home to Ross County.

SFA already in enough bother with UEFA after the poppy incident against England can't see them pushing for the replay to be on tv

Think it's FIFA

Gutting, cant believe the majority will miss Bikey scoring the winner now he's not cup tied any more :(

He's cup tied. How many times to people need to say it?

letsalldothebeattie

You realise that you are Cup tied for the entire campaign not just one game. He is unavailable for however long we remain in the Scottish Cup

:D

It's a shame we haven't filled in the corners at Tynecastle yet. We could have packed the ground out and had a beam back.

...a bit disco

He's cup tied. How many times to people need to say it?

Beware!

Low flying......WOOOOOSH!

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

The SFA could and should have planned for this much better, particularly given the same issue happened last year!

It is not a completely unrealistic chance that a cup tie might end up a draw, needing a replay!

Next Monday night would have been ideal.

There is one FA cup match on, so between three potential broadcasters with multiple channels, it would have been picked up.

Heartsmad1874

The SFA could and should have planned for this much better, particularly given the same issue happened last year!

It is not a completely unrealistic chance that a cup tie might end up a draw, needing a replay!

There is one FA cup match on, so between three potential broadcasters with multiple channels, it would have been picked up.

With us playing on Saturday against Inverness is it fair to expect the players to be ready with just one days rest ahead of a huge cup tie?

Stephen Muddie

:D

It's a shame we haven't filled in the corners at Tynecastle yet. We could have packed the ground out and had a beam back.

A beam back would be awesome said it for years. Wonder if it's Gorgie live able

How's that - is it not on telly?

mahgrassyshoes

:lol: Good fishing.

Ohh brilliant unable to go as I don't finish work till 7:30 that day. So yet again I'm stuck listening to ******* sportsound!

They will still be talking about sevco!

Psychedelicropcircle

Where's that gadgie with the drone (any hobos looking in we're talking a flying object & not some concoction cooked up in yer kitchen / lab)

letsalldothebeattie

Think it's FIFA

Was forgetting it was a World Cup qualifier and not a Euro qualifier

Re planning for it, the issue is the winter break.

Really, the 5th round ties should have been played on the weekend of the 4th Feb this year (so that the replay would be this coming midweek - no clash) but that would have left 2 weekends in 3 being set aside for cup games as the 22nd Jan was too.

The only other ways around that would have been:

1. Play the 4th round of the cup before Christmas, as was done for a few years from 2012/13 (it was pish); or

2. Play the 4th round on the 7th Jan & push the winter break back a week, but then you have a long wait for any 4th round replays.

No good solution. Personally I think the winter break's shite but looks like we're stuck with it.

The replay would sell out anyway, so not having it on TV seems unhelpful to everyone (and costs both clubs money) but I think this will happen every year as long as we have the current schedule.

Re planning for it, the issue is the winter break.

Really, the 5th round ties should have been played on the weekend of the 4th Feb this year (so that the replay would be this coming midweek - no clash) but that would have left 2 weekends in 3 being set aside for cup games as the 22nd Jan was too.

The only other ways around that would have been:

1. Play the 4th round of the cup before Christmas, as was done for a few years from 2012/13 (it was pish); or

2. Play the 4th round on the 7th Jan & push the winter break back a week, but then you have a long wait for any 4th round replays.

No good solution. Personally I think the winter break's shite but looks like we're stuck with it.

The replay would sell out anyway, so not having it on TV seems unhelpful to everyone (and costs both clubs money) but I think this will happen every year as long as we have the current schedule.

champions league is on this week also

champions league is on this week also

So it is. I hate it & don't really pay it much attention, so I missed that.

In which case (unless you have a round before Christmas) cup games would have had to be weekends of 7 Jan and 28 Jan, like the FA Cup. Wouldn't work with a winter break at all.

I hated cup games before Christmas but I think this winds me up more.

Genuine question - had been Rangers v Celtic in the cup and it went to a replay who genuinely thinks the SFA wouldn't have found a way to show the game on TV

Sometimes the simple mistakes that are repeated allow us to identify how really incompetent our football administrators really are.

Edit - although your Monday night option is not a solution.

Bringing the kick off back 30 minutes is all that is required.

The FA even showed us how to do it last year.

Lucille's Thirsty

Genuine question - had been Rangers v Celtic in the cup and it went to a replay who genuinely thinks the SFA wouldn't have found a way to show the game on TV

Those twats would've openly said they'd take a fine to put it on TV.

Expert on the subject

The English FA were successful on this last year ,  I think you just need an association that represents its members best interests to put this forward  

Perhaps take the same time writing the post to lobby the SFA ?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/25/arsenal-hull-fa-cup-replay-8-march

[email protected] twitter @StewartMRegan  @NDoncasterSFA).

I'd guess the powers that be would allow them on this occasion to replay the game on a Saturday or Sunday citing the need for a 12:30 kick off for 'safety' reasons. 

Hearts and Hibs could both have played league games this Friday evening leaving Monday for the replay. No TV money next Wed is a loss to both clubs.

The English FA were successful on this last year ,  I think you just need an association that represents its members best interests to put this forward  

Perhaps take the same time writing the post to lobby the SFA ?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/25/arsenal-hull-fa-cup-replay-8-march

[email protected] twitter @StewartMRegan  @NDoncasterSFA).

/* <![CDATA[ */(function(d,s,a,i,j,r,l,m,t){try{l=d.getElementsByTagName('a');t=d.createElement('textarea');for(i=0;l.length-i;i++){try{a=l.href;s=a.indexOf('/cdn-cgi/l/email-protection');m=a.length;if(a&&s>-1&&m>28){j=28+s;s='';if(j<m){r='0x'+a.substr(j,2)|0;for(j+=2;j<m&&a.charAt(j)!='X';j+=2)s+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(j,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);j++;s=decodeURIComponent(s)+a.substr(j,m-j)}t.innerHTML=s.replace(/</g,'<').replace(/\>/g,'>');l.href='mailto:'+t.value}}catch(e){}}}catch(e){}})(document);/* ]]> */Think the Fa picked up a fine from UEFA for sanctioning it.

The SFA are adamant they have no other choice re dates.

But as we know you can pretty much do anything.

Hearts and Hibs could both have played league games this Friday evening leaving Monday for the replay. No TV money next Wed is a loss to both clubs.

Please tell me you're not being serious.

I think Hearts and Hibs should be extremely disappointed with the SFA. Scheduling the replay when the champions league is on deprives fans of a potentially exciting fixture (Knock out derby whats not to love?) whilst also depriving the clubs of much needed cash and exposure.

I couldn't help wondering if the OF had a replay if there would have been a reaction from the SFA.

So tinpot its embarrassing. 

But hey, we get to watch 4 plastic clubs play in a plastic competition followed by plastic fans. Fantastic.

Archived