Tziolis (jolene)

lauriesrank

Caught out to easily. Great player but poor today. Djoum on other hand played well for short time available. My opinion. Appreciate others disagree.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We struggled to play football against their pressing game. Most of the game was bogged down in midfield. They didn't really have many clear cut chances. Disappointed that we didn't rag-doll them, but we go again.

Replay:

Djoum

Choulay

Nowak

Should start.

We struggled to play football against their pressing game. Most of the game was bogged down in midfield. They didn't really have many clear cut chances. Disappointed that we didn't rag-doll them, but we go again.

Replay:

Djoum

Choulay

Nowak

Should start.

Is Buaben still injured?

Replay:

Djoum

Choulay

Nowak

Should start.

IN:

Kitchen

Djoum

Johnsen

OUT:

Cowie

Martin

Nicholson

Hamilton

Struna  Hughes  Avolinitis  Sowah

Kitchen  Tziolis  Djoum

Walker

Johnsen  Goncalves

John Gentleman

IN:

Kitchen

Djoum

Johnsen

OUT:

Cowie

Martin

Nicholson

Hamilton

Struna  Hughes  Avolinitis  Sowah

Kitchen  Tziolis  Djoum

Walker

Johnsen  Goncalves

Can't argue with that as a starting lineup for the replay.

Can't argue with that as a starting lineup for the replay.

We need to go hard and solid in the middle of the park, adding Kitchen and Djoum and give them something to worry about up front with Johnsen beside Goncalves. Forget about what ****ing Hibs are going. Set us up to WIN the game and be aggressive and take initiative from the off. 

IN:

Kitchen

Djoum

Johnsen

OUT:

Cowie

Martin

Nicholson

Hamilton

Struna Hughes Avolinitis Sowah

Kitchen Tziolis Djoum

Walker

Johnsen Goncalves[/quote)

This!!

People though he was our best player??? Funny old game.

I thought he was good for much of the first half, then had an absolute nightmare for the rest of the game.

Overall looks a great signing, but poor today.

Replay:

Djoum

Choulay

Nowak

Should start.

Shit! Forgot to say:

Noring needs a chance, as Hamilton ****ing terrified me just now.

Bazzas right boot

People though he was our best player??? Funny old game.

I thought he was good for much of the first half, then had an absolute nightmare for the rest of the game.

Overall looks a great signing, but poor today.

He wasn't great, but players such as walker, martin and Sam were much worse.

He done most of our good work.

Bazzas right boot

Shit! Forgot to say:

Noring needs a chance, as Hamilton ******* terrified me just now.

Maybe, but imo his first game shouldn't be V hibs at ER.

If we are doing that, start him V ICT at the weekend.

He wasn't great, but players such as walker, martin and Sam were much worse.

He done most of our good work.

Perhaps, but there was little good work done overall!

Walker and Martin also shit today. Martin the worst. I thought Sam did OK, at times.

Because he makes a couple of slips people are saying he was generally poor?

He had the better of McGinn in the first half, still got about the park and made passes. But the problem with his role is if what ahead of him aren't pulling their weight he then has to go simple every time with the ball.

I'm not saying he was great today but I certainly don't think he was poor.

he seemed a bit too casual today and was caught in possession a few times.

Some of it seemed to stem from a lack of movement or poor performances from others in midfield.

IN:

Kitchen
Djoum
Johnsen

OUT:

Cowie
Martin
Nicholson

Hamilton

Struna Hughes Avolinitis Sowah

Kitchen Tziolis Djoum

Walker

Johnsen Goncalves[/quote)

This!!

i would be tempted to play nowak instead of kitchen but that is pretty much the team i would play

Martin is becoming a bit of a disappointment. Really thought his passing would be better and he has far too much a lackadaisical style.

The chance he had to put Nicholson through wide in the first half was sloppy. It looked a straight forward ball for a half decent player.

Plenty room behind the full back and he just had to be thorough.

Johnny Two Pies

He seemed to be getting very frustrated with what was on offer from a few teammates - notably Martin, but also Walker and Nicholson. At times, with McGinn and co. snapping away at him just seemed to wonder what was going on. And he was clearly annoyed at the lack of movement on offer from the front players. Nicholson and Walker was a mistake, Goncalvez offered more himself than those two combined. And Martin was huckled out of the game far too easily.

kevbo-selecta

Clearly a decent player after Rangers/Well games but he was honking today (as were the majority!!). Thought he was out for a Sunday stroll during a derby which never let him! Too casual, too deep and never controlled our midfield. Here's hoping the experience of today will help him in the replay!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Replay:

Djoum

Choulay

Nowak

Should start.

Choulay will not handle it I'm afraid. More blood and thunder. Surprised how timid Johnsen was.

lost in space

Pitch didn't help him but he was not able to adapt to pitch or faster game pace.

Potentially.one of the best players I have ever seen in Hearts jersey though.

Dudes the classiest midfielder we have had in years. Didnt have a great game today but who did?

Agree. Has real quality. Even in the face of aggressive physicality from Hibs, he wanted to get the ball down and pass it. That's what we need and more to the point that's what Cathro wants all his players to do! He's the best midfielder at the club since I played! 

Just goes to show people see the game differently he was my man of the match.

A stand out. Totallly agree. Composed and generally tidy.

...andFulton'sBaggio

Lost the game due to playing walker and nicholson. One or the other for me. Both vanish in a battle.

This

Choulay will not handle it I'm afraid. More blood and thunder. Surprised how timid Johnsen was.

Choulay will handle it fine. We needed pace on the flank today, we didn't have it.

Diadora Van Basten

Choulay will handle it fine. We needed pace on the flank today, we didn't have it.

Three assists last week and didn't even get a sniff today.

I thought Tziolis was sheer class today. He was caught out by the worst pitch he will ever have played on, and on some occasions by team mates with poor positional awareness. He was continually coaxing and encouraging them to make a run or show for a pass.

My biggest regret is we probably won't be able to enjoy the best midfielder weve had in modern times because the surface is so poor. And by the time the surface is fixed he'll be gone.

Btw, what is it with Hearts and throw ins. Every ones a drama.

He's one of those players that if he does get caught out a few times, then it seems like he's having an absolute 'mare.

He did get caught out a few times, but he also completed a lot of other passes which will now go un-noticed because of his other errors.

On the plus side, I expect him to play much better on the Easter Road surface because that will suit his game much better.

Our pitch was an absolute state today.

maroonlegions

This thread is full of FIFA 16 football managers.

He was good , not great but he did controlled things when he had possession of the ball, cool head and a class act. FTH.

We will beat them at fester.. FTH.

Thought he was fine. Didn't have much quality around him though. None of our players were finding space. Everything was too rushed, partly because of how Hibs approached the game with no intention of allowing a football match to break out.

I thought he started really well and his class and ability were pretty much head and shoulders above everybody else, unfortunately none of our midfield started at that level so he kind of dropped down to their level.

Sorry, I thought both Martin and Cowie were far worse today. I would have that pair on the bench for the replay and have Kitchen and Djoun on from the start at Easter Road.

Only plus today. Too laid back at times. Still awesome. Think he didnt realise how fast paced a derby can be. Seemed only player who wanted the ball. Caught out a few times with the pace of the game. Only 1 that looks like he wants to lead

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Watch it back on Sky. He won numerous headers and interceptions. 4 misplaced passes or interceptions - 2 due to the pitch. At FR he will be crucial.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

didn't stroll it the way some folk thought he would but did well overall

the encouraging part was that he did well in a lot of the dirtier work required. He won plenty of headers and won possession either in the tackle or by anticipation. it was good to see he can get mucked-in even when things not going exactly to plan

i think martin might turn out to be a good player but he couldn't get into the game. not sure him and tz can play in these games together.

can't afford many passengers in midfield and martin, sam and to a lesser extent walker struggled.

yet we still took the game to them albeit without much coming off 

didn't stroll it the way some folk thought he would but did well overall

the encouraging part was that he did well in a lot of the dirtier work required. He won plenty of headers and won possession either in the tackle or by anticipation. it was good to see he can get mucked-in even when things not going exactly to plan

i think martin might turn out to be a good player but he couldn't get into the game. not sure him and tz can play in these games together.

can't afford many passengers in midfield and martin, sam and to a lesser extent walker struggled.

yet we still took the game to them albeit without much coming off

He's an example of a good all round midfielder and the sort of quality that passes through our door very rarely.

Makes tackles, closes down, wins headers but amongst the stramash he instantly finds quality and composure on the ball. That's why Scottish football doesn't get these guys at 21 and instead 31. They cost too much in their prime.

But we used to breed players like that in this country and its that quality combined that will only take us forward at Hearts. Not one dimensional players.

He's an example of a good all round midfielder and the sort of quality that passes through our door very rarely.

Makes tackles, closes down, wins headers but amongst the stramash he instantly finds quality and composure on the ball. That's why Scottish football doesn't get these guys at 21 and instead 31. They cost too much in their prime.

But we used to breed players like that in this country and its that quality combined that will only take us forward at Hearts. Not one dimensional players.

No we didn't but agree with the rest

No we didn't but agree with the rest

MacKay, Souness? Other players who played down South back in the day and made up the Anglo Scots?

Archived