Tziolis (jolene)

lauriesrank

Rudolf's Mate

Lost the game due to playing walker and nicholson. One or the other for me. Both vanish in a battle.

Agreed. They'll work in some games however in battles such as this it's clear it won't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the main problems I thought was Martin and Tsiolis and even Sowah have this want to take 1,2 or 3 touches before moving the ball on. We just dont move it quick enough.

Kitchen is the same, I just wish some of the players would just play a simple ball, but the amount of times we lost the ball by taking too many touches bugged the pants of me.

I think Sowah is promising, but why does he constantly turn back on himself. Lets be honest, Cathro will see this too. Once we start moving the ball faster, we will improve. Couldnt believe how slow we play at times.

Tziolis was absolutely pants yesterday along with the rest of the midfield. Walker and Nicholson were apparently playing but yet again were posted missing when it matters. We let Bartley and McGinn run the midfield, out muscled, out played and out fought for the whole game. Vast improvement for the replay is needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

loveofthegame

He made a few errors in very bad places that could have cost us.

Ultimately though, they didn't. I have no doubt he will be a huge player for us in the coming weeks and months.

It's almost alien to the Scottish public to see a player determined to play football in the worst possible conditions\circumstances.   I admired his refusal to just lump it.  Class act.

It's almost alien to the Scottish public to see a player determined to play football in the worst possible conditions\circumstances. I admired his refusal to just lump it. Class act.

Intelligent players adapt to their surroundings, not give them ball away on the edge of their own box.

portobellojambo1

The difference between the fans is that we left that game on Sunday knowing the team, as a whole, had played poorly. Their fans stayed and celebrated as if they had just won the World Cup, when they were as poor as us, but to them that result was massive. I just cannot see us playing as poorly as that again ever, never mind down there, and I don't think the coaches will allow them to do so. From small elements of the game they will also have determined when and how we looked better, and place the emphasis on that for the replay. It was undoubtedly a poor display yesterday, the game itself overall was typical of how poor derby games are in general and I really cannot understand why some people want to sit and watch that 4 times a season. The longer that lot rot a division down, the better.

Song about Tsiolis (jolene) ...

https://youtu.be/qGEubdH8m0s

Is he really "jolene" or hearts tv commentator is joking? By me he is "Colis", like circle.

"It's daaaby day!"

Tziolis a bit like "jollies" as we would say it. Might prefer his first name Alexandros or even Alekos.

Toxteth O'Grady

It's almost alien to the Scottish public to see a player determined to play football in the worst possible conditions\circumstances.   I admired his refusal to just lump it.  Class act.

i didn't think he looked up for it with the poor weather and rubbish pitch, i sincerely hope that is his worst performance for us as he he is obviously so much better than that.

The difference between the fans is that we left that game on Sunday knowing the team, as a whole, had played poorly. Their fans stayed and celebrated as if they had just won the World Cup, when they were as poor as us, but to them that result was massive. I just cannot see us playing as poorly as that again ever, never mind down there, and I don't think the coaches will allow them to do so. From small elements of the game they will also have determined when and how we looked better, and place the emphasis on that for the replay. It was undoubtedly a poor display yesterday, the game itself overall was typical of how poor derby games are in general and I really cannot understand why some people want to sit and watch that 4 times a season. The longer that lot rot a division down, the better.

What worries me is we all are saying we can't play that poorly again when there is a chance we might cause I thought that last year after the first game

maroonlegions

What worries me is we all are saying we can't play that poorly again when there is a chance we might cause I thought that last year after the first game.

We have better players than last year. FTH.

Tziolis was one of our better performers on Sunday. Always looking to get on the ball and wasn't helped by lack of movement from his midfield and shite pitch.

Thought he battled well and won his share of aerial balls.

Classy player who we will rely heavily on for the rest of this season (and also Goncalves)

He seems to be a big favourite already so I am putting on my tin hat here.

After only 2 and a bit games we can see he is a gifted player: of that there is no doubt but looking at the 'Well and the Scum games, I am coming to the conclusion that he may not be the ideal man when you want to get hold of a game.  Too easy oasy and not enough industry.

However

when we have control of a game he is superb and, as we saw with his Sevco cameo, he had them running around like blue ar**d flies.  I hope I am wrong but time will tell.

He seems to be a big favourite already so I am putting on my tin hat here.

After only 2 and a bit games we can see he is a gifted player: of that there is no doubt but looking at the 'Well and the Scum games, I am coming to the conclusion that he may not be the ideal man when you want to get hold of a game.  Too easy oasy and not enough industry.

However

when we have control of a game he is superb and, as we saw with his Sevco cameo, he had them running around like blue ar**d flies.  I hope I am wrong but time will tell.

So you have come to that conclusion on the back of a short cameo against Rangers, an away game at Motherwell and a derby on a horrendous pitch. Lmao. Even if you are right about Tziolis as a player (i.e. that he only plays when the going is easy) which I very much doubt given his pedigree there is an obvious way to counteract such an eventuality. Put the correct players in the midfield beside him! I expect IC to play a much more competitive midfield next Wednesday at Easter Road so others like perhaps Kitchen can do some of the dirty work and Tziolis can show his class. 

Tziolis didn't play badly on Sunday, but was completely betrayed by a pitch that was disgracefully bad.

It's hard to be silky and composed when attempting the simplest of passes takes a giant divot out of the pitch.

I also think he complements Kitchen really well as he has the creativity to allow Kitchen to disrupt and play the easy pass.

Playing both Nicholson and Walker was certainly an error by Cathro but it's one I'm sure he'll rectify next week.

So you have come to that conclusion on the back of a short cameo against Rangers, an away game at Motherwell and a derby on a horrendous pitch. Lmao. Even if you are right about Tziolis as a player (i.e. that he only plays when the going is easy) which I very much doubt given his pedigree there is an obvious way to counteract such an eventuality. Put the correct players in the midfield beside him! I expect IC to play a much more competitive midfield next Wednesday at Easter Road so others like perhaps Kitchen can do some of the dirty work and Tziolis can show his class. 

I didn't say I had come to that conclusion.  I said "I am coming" to that conclusion and readily acknowledged it was only after 2 and a bit games where I might be wrong.

You are correct that if we put the right players in beside him his class will show but unlike you IC did not have the benefit of hindsight when he picked the team. 

This. And Tziolis was far from bad today. He was the only player on either team who managed to pass the ball consistently (and even then he only managed for the first half hour or so

This too.

). The big inquest should be about how the pitch has got so bad and how we can make sure it doesn't ever get like this in the future.

Apparently we took away the camber/slope when the pitch was re-seeded hence the mess it is in now as the water is not draining away as well as it used to. No idea why we did this or who's bright idea it was but it has been a costly mistake.

Bazzas right boot

I think in the games we have seen both in together one thing looks certain him and Kitchen compliment each other.

Yip, and Djoum for Martin should see a very well balanced and powerful midfield.

Not sure anyone could really look good on the pitch. The one where he sliced the ball out of play took a huge bobble on the pitch. We are shooting ourselves in the foot with that pitch when cathro is clearly trying to get us moving it about quickly on the deck that pitch makes that near impossible.

I've played on better pitches at the old meggetland when I was at school in the winter months than we have just now. Thank god they are doing something about it at the end of the season.

He is still 32 at the end of the day, unless he can get a gig playing in asia for mega bucks he'd be as well staying here and potentially capping off his career with a cup win 

Intelligent players adapt to their surroundings, not give them ball away on the edge of their own box.

:facepalm:

Does your definition of an intelligent player also include them having eyes in the back of their head?

Archived