Tziolis (jolene)

lauriesrank

Irrespective of martin thinking that holywood is the way to win a game, we lost the midfield cause jolene had a mare!

Not matter, everyone is allowed an off day, still is a stroller :)

Beat em in the replay :) No negatives!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just shows the difference in what people watch???

I thought He was the best player on the park by a mile. The only one that could get the ball under pressure and stay calm and keep it.

Walter Bishop

Nightmare? Hardly. Caught on the ball once and misplaced a pass because of the pitch. 

The most composed player on the pitch. Should be named our captain for rest of the season. Sadly we wont see the best of him due to our pitch and there`s no way we will keep hold of him for next season.

Just shows the difference in what people watch

I thought He was the best player on the park by a mile. The only one that could get the ball under pressure and stay calm and keep it.

Had a good first half hour, extremely composed in possession and always very well positioned. After that got dragged down into the eye bleeding awfulness of a truly forgettable derby. I believe the team will be much better balanced for the replay and we will see a more thorough and complete performance from the likes of Tziolis. We need to quickly put today behind us, remember and be grateful that we did not lose despite playing very poorly, learn from it and put it right a week on Wednesday.

I said it before today on umpteen occasions: Its all about what Hearts do. We failed badly today but live to fight another day. Its still all about what we do. We have by far the better players IF we perform.

Toxteth O'Grady

Just goes to show people see the game differently he was my man of the match.

you have to be kidding he was robbed of the ball by Keatings among others. Too casual and wanted too much time. John McGlynn pestered him and he hated it

Felt he had a mare today as well, nowhere near as good on the ball as previous meeting. Left and right back had a mare as well, must've been under orders not to go to the byline, turned back every attack. Hopefully just a bad day at the office on a very poor park.

We had no midfield. He was all we had. As Hendricks says we had him for about 30 minutes then he jumped into the shit-malaise head on.

Caught in possession a few times. I felt the pace of the game caught a lot of the foreign player's by surprise.

We had no midfield. He was all we had. As Hendricks says we had him for about 30 minutes then he jumped into the shit-malaise head on.

IC got the balance wrong bud, he really did. No way should we have gone with Nicholson AND Martin. I personally don't think either should have started but definitely not both. Kitchen should have been in midfield at a minimum but possibly Johnsen up front too. I don't expect him to get that wrong again. 

I think he made 2/3 very stupid mistakes/passes, but the rest of the time he strolled it.

Well, not to any obvious advantage to us.

Don't make a myth out of nothing mate.

IC got the balance wrong bud, he really did. No way should we have gone with Nicholson AND Martin. I personally don't think either should have started but definitely not both. Kitchen should have been in midfield at a minimum but possibly Johnsen up front too. I don't expect him to get that wrong again.

I happen to agree

Other than he had the chance to get control at half time by making those changes but didn't....

What's with the Jolene shite?

See other threads, was tongue in cheek and have a day off mate.

A_A wehatethehibs

He is a class player but i felt he was isolated at times at CM, Cowie and Martin were far too far away from him.

kitchen tziolis djoum is the selection for ER

Had a good first half hour, extremely composed in possession and always very well positioned. After that got dragged down into the eye bleeding awfulness of a truly forgettable derby. I believe the team will be much better balanced for the replay and we will see a more thorough and complete performance from the likes of Tziolis. We need to quickly put today behind us, remember and be grateful that we did not lose despite playing very poorly, learn from it and put it right a week on Wednesday.

I said it before today on umpteen occasions: Its all about what Hearts do. We failed badly today but live to fight another day. Its still all about what we do. We have by far the better players IF we perform.

This. And Tziolis was far from bad today. He was the only player on either team who managed to pass the ball consistently (and even then he only managed for the first half hour or so

This too.

). The big inquest should be about how the pitch has got so bad and how we can make sure it doesn't ever get like this in the future.

Can't believe some of you think this guy was good. He was absolutely terrible. As bad a performance as you will see in a Derby. Stunned he wasn't hooked at HT.

It doesn't look like Martin and Tziolis can play deep next to each other, they're both pretty slow to cover ground 

He was murder today, got worse the longer the game went on. Definitely strolls it but was far too deep for my liking today and didn't get to grips with the game the way I expected he would. A more up & at 'em approach was definitely needed.

It was a wake up call for him if he needed it, Scottish footballs not great but if you don't get stuck in your going to struggle. Hope he & others have learned you need to win your individual battles.

It doesn't look like Martin and Tziolis can play deep next to each other, they're both pretty slow to cover ground

Pace doesn't matter with the right quality in midfield...

Bazzas right boot

Played well.

Dunno what folk are watching.

Walker, sam, Martin were poor today.

I think he made 2/3 very stupid mistakes/passes, but the rest of the time he strolled it.

This is today's verdict. Albiet the couple of mistakes were in bad areas and could have been costly.

The state of the pitch doesn't help his game and I think rhe game played at ER will benefit him /us

Dispossessed by Kheatings once and a couple of misplaced passes but strolled it otherwise. The disappointment for me today was the wide players tbh

Seemed to be surprised at the pace of the game. Did nobody tell him what a derby is like before the match? Expecting a much better performance by the whole team in the replay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plays in a very casual manner

When he get's things right it all look effortless, like he belongs at a higher level

When he looses it, it looks like he's making a half hearted effort

Think this guy mught polarise opinions as he goes. If he really is good and has far more good games than bad then no worries.

But I suspect his bad games will stick out like a sore thumb.

Today he did as much well as he did badly. But today perhaps wasn't a day for strolling in midfield. Between him playing in his relaxed fashion and luxury players like Martin and Nicholson, it's easy to see, with hindsight, that we maybe got it wrong in there.

Plays in a very casual manner

When he get's things right it all look effortless, like he belongs at a higher level

When he looses it, it looks like he's making a half hearted effort

Think this guy mught polarise opinions as he goes. If he really is good and has far more good games than bad then no worries.

But I suspect his bad games will stick out like a sore thumb.

Today he did as much well as he did badly. But today perhaps wasn't a day for strolling in midfield. Between him playing in his relaxed fashion and luxury players like Martin and Nicholson, it's easy to see, with hindsight, that we maybe got it wrong in there.

Pace doesn't matter with the right quality in midfield...

True, but you need at least one guy in there who can track back effectively, you wouldn't see any of our midfielders chasing down an opposition player running at pace like McGinn did to Isma 

Lost the game due to playing walker and nicholson. One or the other for me. Both vanish in a battle.

How many times have we seen Walker & Nicholson disappoint against hibs - far too many. Yet again today we failed to dominate the midfield and add in Martin they are far too lightweight.

He was by far the best player on the park.

Absolutely head and shoulders above both sides, as was Djoum when he came on.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Calling a spade a spade here- he played crap but was actually one of our better players today which tells you something. He connected a lot of passes. He also gave the ball away a shedload. 5/10. The rest of midfield/attack got 3/4 out of 10.

This. And Tziolis was far from bad today. He was the only player on either team who managed to pass the ball consistently (and even then he only managed for the first half hour or so

This too.

). The big inquest should be about how the pitch has got so bad and how we can make sure it doesn't ever get like this in the future.

It was stated at the AGM in December that it would be replaced in the summer, and that this hadn't been done in nearly 20 years and was long overdue. Now, given that it was relaid with new turf last summer, I'm assuming this means it will be completely redone, right down to the base layer(s). Whether a fully grass pitch or hybrid pitch will be installed, I've no idea.

I suspect it's got so bad due to simple lack of investment over the years. Last year's turf replacement may well have been a stopgap measure, and probably expected to last somewhat longer than it has!

Archived