Tony Watt: "It wouldn?t be worth your while coming back to Scotland when you could play in England."

kila

He's deflecting fron the real reason his career has stalled.

Came North because he was homesick but now won't come back to Scotland because of the style of play & finances.

He needs to look (if not play) closer to home.

A lot closer to home !

Heard stuff from hooped demon acquaintances about his terrible attitude and general unprofessionalism.

Wasn't in the least surprised at the way his tenure with us ended. It will continue wherever he is.

Shame as the lad has talent.

On reflection, 'rat' is harsh and the wrong way to describe him. He was gash though. Just a very frustrating player who clearly farts way higher than his arse.

To be fair ge has probably said it because its what his current manager wants to hear and hes now actually getting some game time at Charlton.

I was disappointed with his time here but only because based on the early signs I thought he was going to be tremendous. If he had found the net we would have all been delighted with him, unfortunately he just didn't seem to be able to score. No-one can day he didn't try though.

Son Of Anarchy

On reflection, 'rat' is harsh and the wrong way to describe him. He was gash though. Just a very frustrating player who clearly farts way higher than his arse.

Ratus gashticus? ;)

FenderJaguar7

SFA gets well known arrogant brat to "promote" the Scottish Cup.

You just can't make this s*** up!!! Hahahahahaha

Elias Henry Furst

It wouldn't surprise me if the SFA had invited Tony Watt to do the photo shoot ahead of this weekends games believing he was still at Hearts.

Nor would it surprise me if Tony Watt, whilst accepting the invitation, had also forgotten he was no longer still at Hearts.

Glamorgan Jambo

I'll bet whoever invited him was hoping he'd dish a bit of dirt on Hearts and Ian Cathro.

Well despite Tony's obvious limits he didn't give them what they hoped for.

He looks a very restless and tormented personality.

Jamtarts-1874

He talks a lot of crap IMO. He's abseloutly pish and would struggle to get a game for a top 6 SPL club. Surely once his contract is up he won't get another one even near the wages he's been on.

Plus trying to say he was only at hearts to get his fitness up despite being crap is pathetic

I'll bet whoever invited him was hoping he'd dish a bit of dirt on Hearts and Ian Cathro.

Well despite Tony's obvious limits he didn't give them what they hoped for.

He looks a very restless and tormented personality.

I thought the same thing to be honest. He is 23 but looks like he's almost 40.

Tony only had positives to say about Hearts and was being honest with his views on wanting to stay in England. 

Sadly as much as he wants that I dont think it will happen for him. He just isnt good enough. He will accept an offer from a mid table Scottish team when all else fails and the above interview will just be a bad memory. 

He was in Edinburgh to promote the Scottish Cup.

What an arse.

WTAF...why was he chosen to promote the Scottish Cup when all he's done is slate the football here? SFA, William Hill what are they thinking about!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingantti1874

It didn't work out. It hard to despute the point made other than to say he needs to be better than he was with us otherwise it won't be his choice

what is the point in him promoting a cup he doesnt play in 

Truly bizarre. But then this is the SFA.

Next thing they'll be getting a drunk, over the hill rock star to do the draw or something.

They literally coulda picked hundreds upon hundreds of players past and present who would be more appropriate to promote this competition.

Truly bizarre.

Shooter McGavin

Blinder from the SFA, whats the point in trying to promote your game and enhance it's image eh?

As for Tony, he clearly wasn't good enough for scottish football and he should feel very, very lucky he's at a club the size of Charlton.

Blinder from the SFA, whats the point in trying to promote your game and enhance it's image eh?

As for Tony, he clearly wasn't good enough for scottish football and he should feel very, very lucky he's at a club the size of Charlton.

should put more money in to training our refs. As for Tony whats he done to a few on here, oh wait they are all superstars.

Good he speaks well of Hearts but who cares about him? Seriously, has he mentioned the cup in any interview yet or are the press just not putting any of that in their pieces?

The Treasurer

It seems obvious that Cathro expects/demands total professionalism and focus from his squad.

The fact that Watt was binned almost immediately speaks volumes.

One other thing to remember is that Goncalves has been here a week and has already scored double the amount of goals that Watt did in 6 months.

The lad has talent, no doubt about that, but he seems uninterested or unwilling in putting in the work required to make full use of that talent.

Like others, I can't understand why Willie Hill or the gFA thought it would be a good idea to get a Charlton Athletic player to "promote" the Scottish Cup  :conf11:

He talks a lot of crap IMO. He's abseloutly pish and would struggle to get a game for a top 6 SPL club. Surely once his contract is up he won't get another one even near the wages he's been on.

Plus trying to say he was only at hearts to get his fitness up despite being crap is pathetic

Yep - speaks crap....

?I think Ian Cathro will go on to have a top job in football. I was watching BT Sport and I saw people slagging him but I saw people standing up for him and I found that refreshing. ?Look at where he has been. You don?t get that experience if you don?t have a clue. Rafa Benitez [Newcastle manager] could have sacked him straight away but he didn?t. He will have a good career. ?It?s about how you come in and command a room. If he had come in and acted like a little boy you would say, ?come on,? but he came in and he?s done it right. ?It?s not about age. In two or three good years he will be worth a lot more than a 50-year-old or 60-year-old manager is worth. He is the right appointment.

Read more at: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ian-cathro-will-coach-at-the-top-level-says-tony-watt-1-4361712

Bit of a rubbish interview, tbh. 1:53 of saying the exact same thing over and over.

And I agree, why the hell is he promoting our national cup??

He was magnificent for Charlton last week according to Tony Cottee on SSN.

Very talented player. He just needs to settle somewhere and get his career back on track.

We_are_the_Hearts

Very talented player. He just needs to settle somewhere and get his career back on track.

Not got the desire or fire in his belly to be on it every week and to improve steadily. Undoubted talent but money is his motivator.

i'd love an explanation from the SFA why they have a no mark doing PR for the national cup? Christ, could have picked almost anyone. David Grey and Perry Kitchen would have been good. If not that then Stanton & Robertson.

Our FA are so bloody tinpot its embarrassing

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Agreed. I think his problem's in his head though. He doesn't seem to have the application to match his ability.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

So we get a "tanked up" Rodney Stewart to do the draw and then a washed out "hero" to promote the cup, does the SFA seriously consider these things. Inept and embarrassing set of individuals. Sack em all.

What a bellend. Definitely one of the 20 worst players to pull on a maroon jersey. Rat.

This is one of the most ridiculous things ever to be written on Kickback.

I despair. It didn't work out for a number of reasons, lack of talent certainly not being one of them. 

Interesting he didn't play in preferred position further up front.

Not saying it would have been any better.

I always said that his best role was playing up top as the main striker..........tinkerman Neilson knew better...... :curtain:

They literally coulda picked hundreds upon hundreds of players past and present who would be more appropriate to promote this competition.

Truly bizarre.

WTAF...why was he chosen to promote the Scottish Cup when all he's done is slate the football here? SFA, William Hill what are they thinking about!!!

These!!

What a strange player to choose

Sexton Hardcastle

Hilarious how quickly those who bummed him up and reckoned he would be a diamond for us then wrote him off and now quote him as one of the worst to play for us.

Classic hearts fans.

Son Of Anarchy

Hilarious how quickly those who bummed him up and reckoned he would be a diamond for us then wrote him off and now quote him as one of the worst to play for us.

Classic hearts fans.

Who did?

Personally I thought/wished he'd be awesome. He wasn't. Shit happens. Classy Hearts fan ;)

This is one of the most ridiculous things ever to be written on Kickback.

I despair. It didn't work out for a number of reasons, lack of talent certainly not being one of them.

Don't get yer panties in a bunch. I refer you to my comment thereafter.

A player with bags of potential, great touch and control but complete lack of a football intelligence. He always dropped far to deep to pick up the ball, wanted to beat 1 man too many and didn't lift his head. TW plays for TW and wants to be the centre of attention. Listening to his interview on STV he is obviously money orientated. Not a positive role for model upcoming players. It was an exciting loan signing which didn't pan out. Personally I'm happy he's away.

Diadora Van Basten

I hope he gets his career back on track.

He was brilliant when he first started playing for us and a joy to watch.

No idea how he got so awful so quick.

It was a real shame that he wasn't able to perform to the standard we hoped he would but his comments are very complimentary to Hearts and there's nothing actually controversial in his statement.

• 3 weeks later...

He's shite ...the end!

You know he's not, don't you?

You are so antagonistic it's untrue.

Get taller.

Archived