Tony Watt: "It wouldn?t be worth your while coming back to Scotland when you could play in England."

kila

He makes a valid point however, he isn't playing in England haha. He trains in England but has made an impact at any club for years. I like Tony Watt, he seems like a decent guy and is well liked amongst his team mates however, he needs to screw the nut. He is getting to old to just bounce from club to club doing nothing!

Would I be right in thinking he has been an abject failure both sides of the border though? I'm not sure he's the man to be doling out advice. :lol:

WorldChampions1902

Sadly, he has all the characteristics of someone who will end his career at H1b5 (a la Riordon, O'Connor et al) pondering what might have been.

Can see him there within the next 5 years and the remainder of the script is so predictable.

He makes a valid point however, he isn't playing in England haha. He trains in England but has made an impact at any club for years. I like Tony Watt, he seems like a decent guy and is well liked amongst his team mates however, he needs to screw the nut. He is getting to old to just bounce from club to club doing nothing!

Hes played for Charlton in their last 3 games.

Hes played for Charlton in their last 3 games.

Good to hear. Hopefully he gets fit and makes an impact, then he can come back up and tell us how he'll no be back.

Makes no sense to have him promote the Scottish cup haha! He's made 1 appearance in the Scottish cup hahaha.

Better to keep your mouth shut than to open it and remind everyone that you were kept out of the team by Conor Sammon.

The Treasurer

I have this image of him in years to come sitting pished in a pub telling anyone who will listen about the time he scored against Barca.

That being the one and only highlight of his "career"

Shame as it will be a waste of a talent who could go far with the right attitude.

His first few games for us were full of promise. Then he just reverted to his lazy ways.

He'll end up at MK Dons beside Robbie.

A_A wehatethehibs

The fact is he wasn't good enough for Celtic and he wasn't good enough for Hearts, he couldn't make it in Scottish football which is a very bad sign. He's not good enough for Charlton. He will be released from there and he would be lucky to win a deal for a league 1 side after that. He will be a non league/league 2 journeyman at best if he intends to have a career in England.

Like one of those guys who is incredible at keepie uppie ball skills but not a good footballer because he can't play in a team, he just hogs the ball - hearts were delighted to cut his loan short. He is in Celtic folklore so he will always have a profile up here but I will be extremely surprised if that lad has any sort of career of note.

Rudolf's Mate

He does speak a lot of truth however was he really brought back to promote the SC? Why?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Promoting the Scottish Cup! What has Tony Watt got to do with the Scottish Cup? Talked-up Scotland in the same tone as Peter Lawwell does ? talked it down.

Bags of talent. If anyone manages to get Tony to make effective use of it they'll have a cracking player on their hands.

Strange choice of person for promoting the Scottish cup.

That was my first thought too. What a strange choice.

Looks like it didn't exactly work out according to plan either. Whatever that plan actually was... [emoji53]

gorgie rd eh11

What a bellend. Definitely one of the 20 worst players to pull on a maroon jersey. Rat.

Not even close to the 20 worst players to pull on a maroon jersey.

Did folk read it?

Yeah

Comes across that he just came to Hearts to get his fitness and being back in England was always the plan.

Plus repeatedly thanking Hearts for the time here.

Bazzas right boot

Be great at 5 a sides.

Need to screw teh heed on and find his postion and aybe be mentored/ coached.

Great technique. only 22 he can sort himself out, but he really needs to do it soon.

I might have thought he was the type of player Cathro would love to mould, but of course he needs to have the attitude to change.

Oh and what a strange choice for the Scottish cup, another SFA brain fart, quite minor in its implications but just proves their train of thought is akin to a chimpanzee's

Thought Police

Yeah

Comes across that he just came to Hearts to get his fitness and being back in England was always the plan.

Plus repeatedly thanking Hearts for the time here.

Hardly worthy of being called a rat etc.

That was my first thought too. What a strange choice.

Looks like it didn't exactly work out according to plan either. Whatever that plan actually was... [emoji53]

About as good an idea as having Rod stewart doing a draw ha ha.

Different Class

I can't get my head around why he was there. What the actual **** :lol:

God the SFA are hopeless. 

I can't get my head around why he was there. What the actual **** :lol:

God the SFA are hopeless.

Maybe it's Hearts year

Jim Jefferies next, maybe Sergio for the semi final

What he says is all fair enough. But why the **** did he come back to play in Scotland then? Makes him seem stupid.

Tynecastlesmychurch

Some people won't like it but he's not saying anything wrong tbh at the moment only celtic can pay top dollar wages and even they are massively outgunned financially by a lot of championship clubs in England never mind the premier league! As for the style of football? I think it really depends on a lot of things in Scotland for example ourselves. Under Cathro I have no doubts that we will go on to be team that regularly plays good football because he understands to do that in this league when it's so physical and constantly going at 200mph when teams are scrapping for every point that they can get then you need to learn how to keep the ball and pass the ball around and take the ball when under pressure and not panic. A lot teams in Scotland (probably most actually) either don't believe in that way of playing or just don't know how.

Arthur Mitchell

What a bellend. Definitely one of the 20 worst players to pull on a maroon jersey. Rat.

Incorrect, and harsh.

Son Of Anarchy

Tony Watt and wee Temps both called rats today on here :facepalm:

TW had bags of ability but to me no mental ability. Needs to listen instead of thinking he already knows. He's been nothing but respectful since he left. A dud for us perhaps but certainly not a rat.

He's got a point. But he strikes me as a bit of a feckless loser. He'll be a taxi driver or postman by the time he's 35. Not linking the professions to feckless losers. :)

He's deflecting fron the real reason his career has stalled.

Came North because he was homesick but now won't come back to Scotland because of the style of play & finances.

He needs to look (if not play) closer to home.

Archived