I dont care who we get as manager.

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

Cos he wont be good enough.

My god. This board is unreal at times.

We suffer a humiliating season, we desperately need some stability, we cry out for a manger for months, we are potentiall y on the verge of getting one..and still some people are crying out that certain candiates are not what they want?

Beggars cant be choosers.

Well we were promised a british manager?

Really? How can you PROMISE something like that, you cant, and anyone who takes that as gospel only has themselves to blame.

Thank goodness for small mercies.

We are hopefully getting a manager, and thats good enough right now.

Now im not suggesting any old Tom Dick or Clive would be good enough. But the candiates are not just names out a hat. Ok they are not Scolari, or Mourinho, but they are half decent managers, and right now thats what we need, someone with the balls to solidify and consolidate the team.

It seems some people are just never gouing to be happy - and thats to be expected. But others just seem to enjoy the sky falling and beong the one to tell everyone all about it.

I do have my own opinions on who i would prefer or like to be in charge. But I wont throw a fit if that person does not get the job. Ill be happy that any of them are put in charge with the control of the team.

its just a shame some people are so driven to be negative, or prove something to others that they are already preparing to come down on whichever manager like a ton of bricks and shout ' I told you so' before that person has been given a chance. Why? So they can get in there first, be the one who 'knew it was going to happen'. What does that win you?

What happened to the days of supporting your team and the gaffer, no matter what?

Dr. Bapswent
Boo Hoo. Don't read the forum then.

But why?

With people like you on here, the famous Nelly T, making it such a wonderful place to be!

Yawn

Why abuse the Dr?

What has he posted that's inaccurate?

Kickback is such a negative place to be, it really does p!ss me off at times.

Jam Tarts 1874
Cos he wont be good enough.

My god. This board is unreal at times.

We suffer a humiliating season, we desperately need some stability, we cry out for a manger for months, we are potentiall y on the verge of getting one..and still some people are crying out that certain candiates are not what they want?

Beggars cant be choosers.

Well we were promised a british manager?

Really? How can you PROMISE something like that, you cant, and anyone who takes that as gospel only has themselves to blame.

Thank goodness for small mercies.

We are hopefully getting a manager, and thats good enough right now.

Now im not suggesting any old Tom Dick or Clive would be good enough. But the candiates are not just names out a hat. Ok they are not Scolari, or Mourinho, but they are half decent managers, and right now thats what we need, someone with the balls to solidify and consolidate the team.

It seems some people are just never gouing to be happy - and thats to be expected. But others just seem to enjoy the sky falling and beong the one to tell everyone all about it.

I do have my own opinions on who i would prefer or like to be in charge. But I wont throw a fit if that person does not get the job. Ill be happy that any of them are put in charge with the control of the team.

its just a shame some people are so driven to be negative, or prove something to others that they are already preparing to come down on whichever manager like a ton of bricks and shout ' I told you so' before that person has been given a chance. Why? So they can get in there first, be the one who 'knew it was going to happen'. What does that win you?

What happened to the days of supporting your team and the gaffer, no matter what?

Nice comments, probably wasting your time though. God knows what some of these posters must have been like as kids (assuming they are grown up!). Throwing their toys out of the pram and having tantrums everytime something is not just so, it's down to the parents you know............:)

Guest JamboRobbo

I think it's a shame that people can't accept that others have an opinion on things, and it may well be a critical opinion if they see fit.

That doesn't make them a bad person, or a moaner, or less of a Jambo, or whatever.

To me, the general discontent illustrated on JKB is just a reflection of the poor decisions being made by those in charge of our club, that have taken us to the position we are in today.

Ladies week?

In my opinion, the good Doctor is spot on.

Why do you always have a go at people?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Concerns are being raised probably because (a) Vlad has taken a hands-on role and his past appointments have been almost all disastrous and (B) the lack of SPL experience could be disadvantageous.

However, there is no indication as yet that any of the three mentioned will be appointed.

Dr. Bapswent
I think it's a shame that people can't accept that others have an opinion on things, and it may well be a critical opinion if they see fit.

That doesn't make them a bad person, or a moaner, or less of a Jambo, or whatever.

To me, the general discontent illustrated on JKB is just a reflection of the poor decisions being made by those in charge of our club, that have taken us to the position we are in today.

JR,

the problem is, some people are screaming about a british manager....and want to suggest its the end of the world if we dont get one.

What garbage.

Yes it would be nice to get one. But who seriously thinks thats its a mandatory requirement? that anyone can guarantee that? and who would seriously place thier support of the club on that factor?

If we dont get one, weve been lied to of course?

Or maybe that we couldnt find one that the club wanted after MM.

So they tried but didnt succeed.

But still people want to suggest the worst.

Pfft.

But what about JJ, BD etc etc....well just because some supporters mention their names does not mean that in anyway they would accept coming, or that their terms were acceptable, or that the club wanted them.

Does that again mean were being lied to? because we didnt get a British manager....ANY british manager irrespective of these other factors?

What a misguided view of any fans who thought that.

Drylaw Hearts

How about :

Graham Rix

Vladas Ivanauskas

Eduard Malofeev

Anatoli Korabocka

Angel Cerenkov

Steven Frail

How long do you continue to go down the same road ?

Would you be happy if Booby Williamson was being interviewed for the job ?

The Dr's always get the blame especially since private medical insurance become so widespread. Personally the NHS has never been the same since.

Lets lay off the Doc and protest outside BUPA HQ :confused:

To the OP

If we walk away from the British brief is it OK to walk away from the full control brief as well?

As far as I see it only GT and Butcher will stand up to any attempted interference. As such, although the short list is pesh, I can see a little merit in trying them in an attempt to bring some cahonas to the role of manager at Hearts

Sexton Hardcastle

Valid point but i dont see the need for it to be a new thread. There has been so much repetiitve nonsense on kickback over the past 3 months. Due to obvious reasons. But pople need to chill out and just let things roll on. So many - " Is Robbie Good Enough", " Is Stewart Good Enough". Then you get the countless , " Would ... Be a Decent Manager". yes itsa football forum but it just gets boring reading the same nonsese over and over again.

Everyone has an opinion, fair point. Just dont repeat other threads over and over. Its boring

Guest JamboRobbo
Nice comments, probably wasting your time though. God knows what some of these posters must have been like as kids (assuming they are grown up!). Throwing their toys out of the pram and having tantrums everytime something is not just so, it's down to the parents you know............:)

Aye, you're right. It's blatantly obvious that all is well at HMFC, and those who say otherwise are just kids throwing their toys out the pram. :rolleyes:

Dr. Bapswent
How about :

Graham Rix

Vladas Ivanauskas

Eduard Malofeev

Anatoli Korabocka

Angel Cerenkov

Steven Frail

How long do you continue to go down the same shiiity road ?

You list the maangers who have been appointed under VR without control. So really, they are a different story.

As for Blobby. There are other reasosns he is not a good candidate, but would fit some of the British Manager only brigades criteria.

So obviously there are some exceptions. You pretty much lost them all.

In the situation we are in, its a bit rich that people are battering managers who have not been appointed because they are not British or not good enough, or have a connection to vlad.

Dr. Bapswent
To the OP

If we walk away from the British brief is it OK to walk away from the full control brief as well?

As far as I see it only GT and Butcher will stand up to any attempted interference. As such, although the short list is pesh, I can see a little merit in trying them in an attempt to bring some cahonas to the role of manager at Hearts

Did i suggest that it would?

Drylaw Hearts

The other thing is....................

Dr B is makining it clear he doesn't care who the Manager is because the main thing is we are least getting one.

Will he willing to stick behind whoever it is under any circumstance ?

I suggest after a run of a few defeats and shockingly bad perfromences by the team, inculding a Derby humping, the good Dr will only be too happy to jump on the bandwagon that wants the next installment of VR's shiiit Managers out of here.

Then he'll care who the Manager is.

How about :

Graham Rix

Vladas Ivanauskas

Eduard Malofeev

Anatoli Korabocka

Angel Cerenkov

Steven Frail

How long do you continue to go down the same shiiity road ?

So, would you suggest that if its Thordarson and Butcher then they would be on your list as above?

I dont agree with the length of time it took, or should I say it is taking to get a manager in but at the end of the day we really dont know the whole McGhee saga. Personally I suspect that the Romanovs maybe just did on that occassion, do the right thing in honoring McGhees wishes and waiting until after the season ended. I also suspect that the reason we did wait was that McGhee gave his word that he would come. There was way too much "leakage" on what was happening for it not to have a load of substance. Then at the end of the day McGhee it would seem was the dishonorable one and renaged or bottled it. Now we see the scrote touting himself about again. We were lucky we didnt get him.

Now back to where we are now. Romanov is right to keep mum on whats going on, the Scottish media are all over us when they get a sniff of anything. Look around, tell me who is available then tell me who we should go for. But in the meantime give the Thordarson/Butcher ticket some more thought. I think we may get lucky with these guys, neither takes any ***** from anyone and the other has very good knowledge of our game and to be honest if they do take the job (or get it) then I will be convinced that Burley gave a good account of Romanov to TB and also that Romanov will have promised them a free reign on team matters.

OK, my head may be in the sand, But I'm gonna give it a wee go whoever it is.

Some more names for your list

Tommy Mclean

Bobby Seith

Willy Ormond

Tony Ford

Not just Romanov that has appointed the dross:dribble:

shaun.lawson

OK, let's get this straight. Five and a half months after Hearts announced their desire to at last appoint a proper manager, sixteen months after we last had any permanent figure in place, and thirty-two months (!) since we last had a truly credible, respected man at the helm, a shortlist leaks onto this messageboard from the press. Naturally, given our love and concern for the club, the three figures on this list are debated: some favour one, some favour another, others still feel depressed and disillusioned given how close we apparently were to nabbing a very popular choice familiar to us all.

Last time I checked, JKB was a football messageboard - which when it isn't concerning itself with politics, the Old Firm, celebrity hotties and how drunk Andy got last Friday night (;)), is about debating all things Hearts. So when potentially big news seems to be breaking, we're all supposed to shut up unless we join some happy clappy "three cheers for Uncle Vlad" train?!

No. If you ask me, the astonishing thing is how patient, loyal and understanding most Hearts fans have been. Many other supports would've been on the warpath by now, yet season tickets continue to hold up remarkably well in the face of two dreadful seasons, the second of which saw a rudderless rabble finish in our lowest league position in a quarter of a century. And many Kickbackers, however disappointed they might have felt at first, have plainly tried to make the best of this apparent shortlist, engage with it, and see who might be best for us: especially within a context of who they suspect would prove yet another puppet, and who would be resolutely their own man and stand up to the nonsenses of you-know-who.

Yet because we don't all just roll over and have our belly tickled, the OP slags us off? What do you want, Doc - should we start a petition thanking our dear leader for finally being on the point of getting us a manager, any manager - precisely what the fans of every other club in the entire United Kingdom take for granted? Long live the Revolution, eh?

Bizarre! :confused:

Guest JamboRobbo
JR,

the problem is, some people are screaming about a british manager....and want to suggest its the end of the world if we dont get one.

What garbage.

Yes it would be nice to get one. But who seriously thinks thats its a mandatory requirement?

Mandatory? No. Extremely desirable? Without doubt. I don't see what is unfair or overly critical of people expressing that opinion.

that anyone can guarantee that?

Which begs the question, why did HMFC say what they said on Jan 1st? Because they really meant it and felt they could guarantee it? Or to try and placate people for a wee while?

It's seems your implying they were just placating us with any bs they thought would keep people quiet for a wee while?

and who would seriously place thier support of the club on that factor?

My support of HMFC is unconditional. I reserve the right to criticise anyone at HMFC that does anything I feel is deserving of criticism though. I don't see that as unfair.

If we dont get one, weve been lied to of course?

What else would you call it? Giving people a false impression to keep people happy for a bit?

Or maybe that we couldnt find one that the club wanted after MM.

So they tried but didnt succeed.

I find it hard to believe that their ain't a single other manager out there other than MM who has similar credentials if they really wanted to.

But still people want to suggest the worst.

Pfft.

But what about JJ, BD etc etc....well just because some supporters mention their names does not mean that in anyway they would accept coming, or that their terms were acceptable, or that the club wanted them.

But the club were happy to allow supporters to form that impression, otherwise they wouldn't have said what they said on Jan 1st.

They admitted themselves that the things the fans are asking for now, are the things that HMFC need.

Does that again mean were being lied to? because we didnt get a British manager....ANY british manager irrespective of these other factors?

What a misguided view of any fans who thought that.

I'd say we were mislead.

Did i suggest that it would?

Do you think that all of the short list would have 100% control

Dont you think that that might be behind some of the whining.

A manager is one thing, a puppet is another

IMO 2/3s of the list will be puppets

Dr. Bapswent
To the OP

Mandatory? No. Extremely desirable? Without doubt. I don't see what is unfair or overly critical of people expressing that opinion.

Which begs the question, why did HMFC say what they said on Jan 1st? Because they really meant it and felt they could guarantee it? Or to try and placate people for a wee while?

It's seems your implying they were just placating us with any bs they thought would keep people quiet for a wee while?

My support of HMFC is unconditional. I reserve the right to criticise anyone at HMFC that does anything I feel is deserving of criticism though. I don't see that as unfair.

What else would you call it? Giving people a false impression to keep people happy for a bit?

I find it hard to believe that their ain't a single other manager out there other than MM who has similar credentials if they really wanted to.

But the club were happy to allow supporters to form that impression, otherwise they wouldn't have said what they said on Jan 1st.

They admitted themselves that the things the fans are asking for now, are the things that HMFC need.

I'd say we were mislead.

Alternatively you could say, they tried, but failed, so are looking elsewhere.

Therefore thats not really a lie.

To lie requires intention.

And youll never be able to know what the real intention may or may not have been.

You list the maangers who have been appointed under VR without control. So really, they are a different story.

As for Blobby. There are other reasosns he is not a good candidate, but would fit some of the British Manager only brigades criteria.

In the situation we are in, its a bit rich that people are battering managers who have not been appointed because they are not British or not good enough, or have a connection to vlad.

The bit in bold should automatically mean they cannot take the job and be considered seriously, they would be a Vlad puppet.

Drylaw Hearts

You really are naive.

Get a Manager, any Manager it doesn't matter who - just get them in !!

Employ someone, anyone - I don't care !!

:wacko:

After a few shiiity results I can assure you Dr - you will care.

Guest JamboRobbo
Alternatively you could say, they tried, but failed, so are looking elsewhere.

Therefore thats not really a lie.

To lie requires intention.

And youll never be able to know what the real intention may or may not have been.

I can read what the intent was. It's on the Website. A manager with experience of the british game.

It wasn't me that decided to say that. It was HMFC.

The current situation at Hearts is completely indefensible and unacceptable imo.

So why defend it or pretend its ok?

colinmaroon

I think it's a shame that people can't accept that others have an opinion on things, and it may well not be a critical opinion if they see fit.

That doesn't make them a Vlad sheep, or a blind optimist, or more of a Jambo, or whatever.

To me, the general discontent illustrated on JKB is just a reflection of the poor decisions being made by those in charge of our club, that have taken us to the position we are in today, magnified through a desire to blame Romanov for everything, including the Chinese earthquake and the Burmese cyclone.

Dr. Bapswent
You really are naive.

Get a Manager, any Manager it doesn't matter who - just get them in !!

Employ someone, anyone - I don't care !!

:wacko:

After a few shiiity results I can assure you Dr - you will care.

Of course I care.

To suggest otherwise is childish.

But i wont prejudge any of these appointments and pull my hair out without giving it a chance and seeing the results.

Too many posters either think too much of themselves or believe their balls are crystal.

Guest JamboRobbo
I think it's a shame that people can't accept that others have an opinion on things, and it may well not be a critical opinion if they see fit.

That doesn't make them a Vlad sheep, or a blind optimist, or more of a Jambo, or whatever.

To me, the general discontent illustrated on JKB is just a reflection of the poor decisions being made by those in charge of our club

Glad to see we're in agreement then Colin.

Only thing I'd argue with there, is that when people refuse to acknowledge blatant problems, even in the face of overwhelming evidence, then I think it's understandable that some people gets frustrated at explaining it over and over again.

How in God's name is it "a bit rich" ? It is Romanov and Romanov alone who has got us into this "situation" and the concern many Hearts fans have is that he is going down the same path YET AGAIN despite assurances that we would go back to a more traditional management structure. He simply does not care what is best for Hearts.

Drylaw Hearts

OK, my head may be in the sand, But I'm gonna give it a wee go whoever it is.

Some more names for your list

Tommy Mclean

Bobby Seith

Willy Ormond

Tony Ford

Not just Romanov that has appointed the dross:dribble:

You could probably add many more to your list.

The point is that we've had 6 flops in row within a 3 year period all appointed by the same man.

No matter where you look in the Clubs history I very much doubt you find a record as dismal as that above.

Guest JamboRobbo
The current situation at Hearts is completely indefensible and unacceptable imo.

So why defend it or pretend its ok?

Thats the bit that has gotten to me at times. Defense of the indefensible, in the face of overwhelming evidence.

The other thing is....................

Dr B is makining it clear he doesn't care who the Manager is because the main thing is we are least getting one.

Will he willing to stick behind whoever it is under any circumstance ?

I suggest after a run of a few defeats and shockingly bad perfromences by the team, inculding a Derby humping, the good Dr will only be too happy to jump on the bandwagon that wants the next installment of VR's shiiit Managers out of here.

Then he'll care who the Manager is.

I don't think anyone is saying that a puppet would be welcomed, it's just that those mentioned yesterday while uninspiring may actually do a job. To dismiss them as no use without seeing this is slightly entrenched. Who is to say that they wouldn't be successful?

I mentioned this a couple of days a few days back, after McGhee fan expectation is always going to benchmark any new appointment with him and/or Burley.

While we would all agree that we expect Hearts to be the best and go for the best available, interpretations of what is best will differ.

What this club needs in a mangerial capacity is stability and a safe pair of hands. Right now that is what i expect anyway.

Guest JamboRobbo

What this club needs in a mangerial capacity is stability and a safe pair of hands. Right now that is what i expect anyway.

So someone who's never managed in the SPL (and especially if they've never managed in britain) would be quite a gamble to take, given that stability and a safe pair of hands is actually what we need?

hearts_crazy

If our shortlist was Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho and Arsene Wenger you'd still get posters saying

Ferguson - too old

Mourinho - too sexy

Wenger - too foreign

I'm not saying that because McGhee turned us down we should be happy with second best, but we haven't even got a new Manager in the door yet and we are slagging them off already. Just because we don't know them doesn't mean they are crap.

Maybe it's an 'I don't want Johnny Foreigner coming across here and tinkering with my team' mentality or something, but I say lets get a Manager in and then judge him on what he does HERE, not on his past mistakes. Why is it BTW that everyone seems to focus on past mistakes and not past successes?Is everyone just waiting for the first game of the season just so that they can boo the new Manager because he lost a game once back in the 90s? FFS get a grip.

Nelly Terraces
But why?

With people like you on here, the famous Nelly T, making it such a wonderful place to be!

Yawn

Cheers. Glad to be of service.;)

So someone who's never managed in the SPL (and especially if they've never managed in britain) would be quite a gamble to take, given that stability and a safe pair of hands is actually what we need?

Mmmm...I'm not sure if I buy into the whole "must have managed in the SPL" argument.

Burley hadn't.

Experience of the British game? Yes, I think that is more important. But SPL? Nah.

But I don't think that it is the be all and end all.

Drylaw Hearts
Of course I care.

To suggest otherwise is childish.

But i wont prejudge any of these appointments and pull my hair out without giving it a chance and seeing the results.

Too many posters either think too much of themselves or believe their balls are crystal.

The choice of title was then a poor one Dr.

If you care, really care, then I'm sure you wouldn't be happy with another FBK Kaunas cast-off.

Yet again you suggest you will give them a chance.

Even though history is telling that employing Ex-Kaunas Managers is a complete disaster.

But it wouldn't matter because at least we'll have a Manager.

It's like we should be thankful or something.

Guest JamboRobbo
Mmmm...I'm not sure if I buy into the whole "must have managed in the SPL" argument.

Burley hadn't.

Experience of the British game? Yes, I think that is more important. But SPL? Nah.

IMO, some sort of experience of the british game, and at the very least "good knowledge" of the scottish game is vital. Burley had both.

Only thorardson comes close out of our supposed shortlist. The way he talks, and his apparent understanding of the necessity of local expert knowledge, means he is growing on me.

Dr. Bapswent
The choice of title was then a poor one Dr.

If you care, really care, then I'm sure you wouldn't be happy with another FBK Kaunas cast-off.

Yet again you suggest you will give them a chance.

Even though history is telling that employing Ex-Kaunas Managers is a complete disaster.

But it wouldn't matter because at least we'll have a Manager.

It's like we should be thankful or something.

An FB Kaunas cast off would be ok, IF he could do the job.

Thats the important criteria, not his nationality or previous employers.

I would suggest that another Ex kaunaus cast off would not be as qualified.

But some of the names mentioned, and subsequently shot down are not ex Kaunas, yet still not given any respect.

Drylaw Hearts
I don't think anyone is saying that a puppet would be welcomed, it's just that those mentioned yesterday while uninspiring may actually do a job. To dismiss them as no use without seeing this is slightly entrenched. Who is to say that they wouldn't be successful?

I mentioned this a couple of days a few days back, after McGhee fan expectation is always going to benchmark any new appointment with him and/or Burley.

While we would all agree that we expect Hearts to be the best and go for the best available, interpretations of what is best will differ.

Would you say that any of the 3 would give us stability ?

Thor has had 5 clubs since leaving Stoke 6 years ago.

Butcher is in his 4th position since leaving 'Well only 2 years ago.

Weiss is completely unknown to us and as I've said before Scottish Football will probably be relatively unknown to him.

The other guy would be a puppet. No doubt about that.

The record of Foriegn Managers in Scotland is terrible.

Much like South American players...................

It is just not a good combination.

We need stablity and we need a safe pair of hand, as you quite rightly say, I just don't see any of these guys fitting that profile.

Do you ?

IMO, some sort of experience of the british game, and at the very least "good knowledge" of the scottish game is vital. Burley had both.

Only thorardson comes close out of our supposed shortlist. The way he talks, and his apparent understanding of the necessity of local expert knowledge, means he is growing on me.

I agree re Thorardson. I'm not convinced any of the three mentioned yesterday will get the gig though.

Archived