Gudjon from a Stoke fan...

Stokie

Tbh I wouldnt put it past hearts that stokie is actually CM trying to pursuade us an average manager is a legend because despite the fact hes a crap manager hes a nutter

When we getting our meeting CM?:rolleyes:

Only a Game
I thought about the 'celtic' reference as I wrote it and glad to see it was taken as intended.

Such things are more enlightened down here. Nobody gives a monkey's crutchpiece regarding religion/surnames/schools you went to/areas you live in.

I have more important things in the world to worry about- like where my next pint is coming from or what to have for tea. Always saw Sectarianism as an exhausting, endless, waste of time perpetuated through centuries of poison. (Although I know you mean Celtic the club... :) )

Stokie

Can I just say thank you very much for taking the trouble to come on and post such detailed info about Mr G

We dont have much feckin fun on here just now and your posting style and humour made me laugh ( I'm sure it did others)

I dont know how you much you know about Hearts recent history but we are in a real fecked up mess right now because of this nutter who owns us. We've got potential though, real proper potential to get in amongst the trophies and in amongst Rangers and Celtic. We havent had a proper manager for getting on for 3 years but we've got a big, loyal and passionate fan base and an intimidating stadium just waiting to be wakened up by someone like Mr G.

And dont get the wrong impression. Hearts are a non sectarian club barring a few neanderthals who are on their way out anyway.

We might not get Mr G. We might well blow it spectacularly and even if we do get him he might well not last more than few months if he's got a gob on him.

Anyway thanks again. I've gone all warm over Stoke now and hope you guys do really well next season

Cheers.

The Old Tolbooth
Listen, I'll take small consolation where I can. We hit the post after 2 minutes.... :)

It's a good thing really. We may have only angered Liverpool in that five trophy season and got a REAL knobbing. :wacko:

Heh heh, fair play to you mate.

Cheers for starting this thread too by the way, it's one of the better ones in recent gloomy times for us.

I had an old mate who was a Stoke fan, he didn't take too kindly when we were at a quiz night one time and the question come out asking who was the most relegated team in English football and the answer was Stoke City.

Not sure if they still are but in the 90's they were.

Hey, NT - I think I may be an apprentice alcoholic - does that count?

Mac.

Absolute class geezer. GET THOR IN NOW!!!! 100% LEGEND.

Recovering alcoholic? I feel a kindred spirit with the man.

A rumour followed him from Iceland to Stoke that unless his team upped their performance after half time, he'd go round their houses and shag their wives! Dunno how the game finished though....

He'd better not sub Pinilla at half time (if he ever gets fit!) or he might find the boot is on the other foot! :P

PS Ricardo Fuller is playing the football of his life for us right now!

Good to see Wily Boo is still going strong - his goal against Motherwell at Tynie was absolute quality.

Vlad clearly doesn't do plain and simple

He goes for alcoholics, womanisers, convicted sex offenders and crack jobs that think piggy back riding is gruelling training

what is Vlad's game? someone please tell me as I feel we are about to be flogged another laughing stock

Was Mcghee too clean cut?

:sad:

Hee hee, we will have a mentalist owner, a mentalist manager and hopefully a mentalist striker, nobody does mental like HMFC

Vlad clearly doesn't do plain and simple

He goes for alcoholics, womanisers, convicted sex offenders and crack jobs that think piggy back riding is gruelling training

what is Vlad's game? someone please tell me as I feel we are about to be flogged another laughing stock

Was Mcghee too clean cut?

:sad:

McGhee knocked us back remember, most probably for the celtic job eventually.

The Real Maroonblood

This thread is absolutely brilliant. I haven't laughed so much in a long time.

Thanks for the post, Stokie.

Ignore some of the posters on here who'd have you believe we're the worst club going. We're the third biggest club in Scotland and a footballing institution. No other club comes close, and just because we're in a bad patch at the moment doesn't mean we're a spent force. Hearts will be back, although you'd think you were on a manky Hibs messageboard, no doubt.

Good luck in the grossly over-financed EPL. Please don't do a Derby.

Tbh I wouldnt put it past hearts that stokie is actually CM trying to pursuade us an average manager is a legend because despite the fact hes a crap manager hes a nutter

When we getting our meeting CM?:rolleyes:

Theres cynical, and then theres you.

Jeez.

the guy sounds like an absolute legend!

:laugh:

Recovering alcholic? 1st Burley now this fella!

Oh yeah! :)

Afternoon Jambos.

We hear on our forum http://oatcakefanzine.proboards27.com/index.cgi?board=Potters that Mr G is possibly on his way to Tynecastle. Let's just say you'll get 'a character'- but maybe you've had enough of them in recent years?

Our perspective and some facts:

Mr G (as he asked us to call him) had teams that occasionally played very, very good passing football but occasionally played absolute ***** too.

He had a very strange idea that 3-5-2 would work in every game, no matter what the score was. After the Stoke crowd chanted 4-4-2 at him for a couple of weeks, he changed it a bit and we looked a bit better.

We rarely looked up for a local derby with Port Vale (RIP) when he was in charge.

He brought in a couple of immense players- namely Iceland midfielder Brynjar Gunnarsson (now at Reading), Belarus captain Sergei Shtaniuk from Dynamo Minsk and Peter Hoekstra, formerly of Ajax.

When he got us promoted, (2001-2) we were by and large lucky that season and pretty unconvincing for the most part- but we beat Cardiff away in the play off semi's which is fondly remembered as one of our best performances in recent years.

He has a history of falling out with Chairmen- he was sacked from us for reasons which have not become fully clear yet, the rumour was though that he HAD to go.

After his sacking he held an impromptu address to his fans in the car park of the stadium. On a loud hailer he declared 'the chairman is an arsehole'

He is a recovering alcoholic.

Apparently he has 9 kids by 3 different wives and three boys are pro football players, Bjarni Gudjonsson (Stoke, Bochum, Genk, Plymouth Coventry), Toddy Gudjonsson (Bochum, Genk, Stoke) and Joey (Leicester, Burnley, Wolves)

A rumour followed him from Iceland to Stoke that unless his team upped their performance after half time, he'd go round their houses and shag their wives! Dunno how the game finished though....

He won us our first trophy since 1972, the Auto Windscreens Shield (wow!) by beating Bristol City 2-1 at Wembley in front of 75,000.

His Stoke team also lost 8-0 at home to Liverpool in the Carling Cup. We did have something like 19 goal attempts though...(groan)

I personally like him and hope he does well for you. Very funny character and very down to Earth- but beware speaking his mind- mad Vlad doesn't seem the forgiving type.

Yours in Fitba'

Stokie

Never knew anything about him until now, thanks for that bud, best of luck in the EPL, whats Stokes stadium like to get to from the train station? Probably head to watch the Stoke V Arsenal game there in the forthcoming season.

Hope yas stay up and get them mugs Wigan sent down!

:)

Never knew anything about him until now, thanks for that bud, best of luck in the EPL, whats Stokes stadium like to get to from the train station? Probably head to watch the Stoke V Arsenal game there in the forthcoming season.

Do you have to get your Arsenal mentions into everything?

:laugh: The fictional Arse'nal fan returns.

Do you have to get your Arsenal mentions into everything?

Well they are playing Stoke in the new season so asking a question, that ok with you?

I want Fulham down - bleedin hate em. Despise Al Fayed too.

Every year for the past 7 seasons or so i have been hoping they go down

Well they are playing Stoke in the new season so asking a question, that ok with you?

Not really, but don't let it bother you.

Not really, but don't let it bother you.

Bit of a crap response by myself to you Tazio, apoligies.

Bit of a crap response by myself to you Tazio, apoligies.

Are you silly? Seriously.

I totally don't get you. Can't work out whether this is all a pretence or not!?

...... IJ?

Are you silly? Seriously.

I totally don't get you. Can't work out whether this is all a pretence or not!?

...... IJ?

WTF are you on about?

I made a quick snppy post at Tazio and apoligised for it

WTF are you on about?

I made a quick snppy post at Tazio and apoligised for it

You made a snippy comment, then he effectively shat on you, and you proceeded to apologise.

Whatever floats your boat, darlin'.

You made a snippy comment, then he effectively shat on you, and you proceeded to apologise.

No he never "shat" on me, I responded and he said a comment back so i apoligised for my comment I made.

And as for your little comment at the end, oh how mature "hunny"

Not going to go into it with you, as it appears you have the mindset of a 4 month old bairn, but you've misunderstood.

PS. When you hit the penalties on the pitch, i cringed. :unsure:

The Vulture
I mind that game too - November 1987 if my memory serves me right - the day before the Eniskilling bombing in Ireland.

I mind it as I was in hospital and watched the highlights on TV. It was in the days when we only got a Scottish game but due to the scoreline Scotsport showed it.

Man City indeed wore a honking black and red checked shirt - which my bro had a replica of!

Back on topic - I think Mr G & Tel could work for us - I am a glass half full kind of person.

City played in blue in that game

The Real Maroonblood
Thanks for the post, Stokie.

Ignore some of the posters on here who'd have you believe we're the worst club going. We're the third biggest club in Scotland and a footballing institution. No other club comes close, and just because we're in a bad patch at the moment doesn't mean we're a spent force. Hearts will be back, although you'd think you were on a manky Hibs messageboard, no doubt.

Good luck in the grossly over-financed EPL. Please don't do a Derby.

Probably just the worst run club going.

:rofl:

Thanks for the warm responses guys, coming over all teary here!

Answers and questions:

1- Never saw much of Gudjon at Notts County or Barnsley but I always heard he was popular at Barnsley but yet again had a run in with the Chairman! At Notts County, trust me they've been floundering for a few years and are in real danger of dropping out of the league altogether. They only ever seem one or two players/results away from a club ending crisis. Shame as they're the oldest league club (then us) and I like my tradition.

2- Im certain Notts County are the most relegated club in England! And anyone who says it's us is a liar and a *******.

3- We won't do well in the Prem as I said, 4th bottom will do now, thank you very much. It is indeed all about money. Our chairman is worth ?35 m on his own (he owns Bet 365) but is a virtual pauper in Premier League terms. We really overachieved last season, as did Hull, but we both had the guts to go for it although Hull really came up on the rails towards the end. We worked our way out- hard. We didnt have West Brazilwich Albion's or Charltontina's Premier wage structure. Pair of arrogant clubs. West Brom played some nice footy but lost two more games than us. Charlton's **** of a manager, Pardew, effectively said this:

he was confident of promotion once the weather picked up because these teams at the top (Stoke/Watford) play long ball hoofing and we'll pass them to death on a nicer pitches in the spring! (Are you sure it's not him you're chasing- sounds right up HMFC's street with that lunacy?)

4- I in no way represent Hearts (I'm sane) - but am well aware of Romanov. Which is why I couldn't understand him trying to appoint Thordarson. Mr G is more likely to stick one on him or fiddle his wife while he's away trying to buy another Submarine. Make her 'Come Dancing' perhaps? :)

5- I don't think we will do a Derby. Pulis is a very shrewd man and he loves his defenders- thats where 90% of his funds will go I'm sure. Bolton are our role model for now. Derby went up and immediately signed loads of players from the division below who werent good enough. TP is shopping around and I think we can hold our own. Wach out for the awesome Ryan Shawcross at centre half- great young talent.

6- Stoke's ground is heck of a walk from the station, but if youre determined to do it, turn right out of the station, right again under the railway bridge, look on your left for the canal tow path and follow it right to the ground. Forever. You'll see the ground in the distance, but it will have buggered off like Brigadoon by the time you get there. Get a taxi from the station for 5 or 6 quid.

7- Arsenal fans need not bother.

8- But if you are determined to watch us as, avoid Stoke town centre on a matchday and on no account just walk into any old boozer with opposition colours/badges etc. You'll probably be welcome as no threat with a Scots accent, but a pre-emptive punch in the chops may make this too late to explain that you aren't a cockney/scouse/manc/geordie ****** in the first place.

9- I agree that Ferguson, Weir, McCulloch et al should be dropped by Scotland. Why were alll the Celtic players able to play? Was it Walter boring them senseless at Rangers and them not being able to wake up in time for the game? Jesus, they were rotten this season!

10- Hope you enjoyed the Rangers fans behaviour in Manchester. Are they still blaming it all on 6 Millwall fans? ;)

11- Hearts bottom 6 finish was shocking for an established top 4-5 team, albeit Motherwell have been excellent this year. What was Vlad's motivation in sabotaging the breaking of the Old Firm duopoly? There was never a better chance of a non OF win....?

12- Did Graham Rix cast his eye over the youth set up? ;)

Bye for now!

winston churchill

Answers and questions:

1- Never saw much of Gudjon at Notts County or Barnsley but I always heard he was popular at Barnsley but yet again had a run in with the Chairman! At Notts County, trust me they've been floundering for a few years and are in real danger of dropping out of the league altogether. They only ever seem one or two players/results away from a club ending crisis. Shame as they're the oldest league club (then us) and I like my tradition.

2- Im certain Notts County are the most relegated club in England! And anyone who says it's us is a liar and a *******.

3- We won't do well in the Prem as I said, 4th bottom will do now, thank you very much. It is indeed all about money. Our chairman is worth ?35 m on his own (he owns Bet 365) but is a virtual pauper in Premier League terms. We really overachieved last season, as did Hull, but we both had the guts to go for it although Hull really came up on the rails towards the end. We worked our way out- hard. We didnt have West Brazilwich Albion's or Charltontina's Premier wage structure. Pair of arrogant clubs. West Brom played some nice footy but lost two more games than us. Charlton's **** of a manager, Pardew, effectively said this:

he was confident of promotion once the weather picked up because these teams at the top (Stoke/Watford) play long ball hoofing and we'll pass them to death on a nicer pitches in the spring! (Are you sure it's not him you're chasing- sounds right up HMFC's street with that lunacy?)

4- I in no way represent Hearts (I'm sane) - but am well aware of Romanov. Which is why I couldn't understand him trying to appoint Thordarson. Mr G is more likely to stick one on him or fiddle his wife while he's away trying to buy another Submarine. Make her 'Come Dancing' perhaps? :)

5- I don't think we will do a Derby. Pulis is a very shrewd man and he loves his defenders- thats where 90% of his funds will go I'm sure. Bolton are our role model for now. Derby went up and immediately signed loads of players from the division below who werent good enough. TP is shopping around and I think we can hold our own. Wach out for the awesome Ryan Shawcross at centre half- great young talent.

6- Stoke's ground is heck of a walk from the station, but if youre determined to do it, turn right out of the station, right again under the railway bridge, look on your left for the canal tow path and follow it right to the ground. Forever. You'll see the ground in the distance, but it will have buggered off like Brigadoon by the time you get there. Get a taxi from the station for 5 or 6 quid.

8- But if you are determined to watch us as, avoid Stoke town centre on a matchday and on no account just walk into any old boozer with opposition colours/badges etc. You'll probably be welcome as no threat with a Scots accent, but a pre-emptive punch in the chops may make this too late to explain that you aren't a cockney/scouse/manc/geordie ****** in the first place.

9- I agree that Ferguson, Weir, McCulloch et al should be dropped by Scotland. Why were alll the Celtic players able to play? Was it Walter boring them senseless at Rangers and them not being able to wake up in time for the game? Jesus, they were rotten this season!

10- Hope you enjoyed the Rangers fans behaviour in Manchester. Are they still blaming it all on 6 Millwall fans? ;)

11- Hearts bottom 6 finish was shocking for an established top 4-5 team, albeit Motherwell have been excellent this year. What was Vlad's motivation in sabotaging the breaking of the Old Firm duopoly? There was never a better chance of a non OF win....?

Bye for now!

here you go stokie.

enjoy your time with the big boys.

ps

i hope pompey wipe the floor with you:)

Swear filters missed the past participle then...

:biggrin:

Must commit that to memory.

Stewart MacD

According to the Daily ******, the Mighty Thor will leave Iceland under a cloud, following a fine and a one game suspension for calling respected ref Olafur Ragnarsson a cheat, liar and fat.

One of us then. Perfect. Sounds like he's been reading the Vlad book of diplomacy.

According to the Daily ******, the Mighty Thor will leave Iceland under a cloud, following a fine and a one game suspension for calling respected ref Olafur Ragnarsson a cheat, liar and fat.

One of us then. Perfect. Sounds like he's been reading the Vlad book of diplomacy.

The question is, did the ref deserve it though? God knows our lot could do with being told a few home truths. If only it wouldn't mean us having nobody in the dugout....Knowing our luck, any manager of ours would be suspended for a minimum period of a year or something.

I like this man a lot. Probably for all the wrong reasons though. Ack.

Afternoon Jambos.

We hear on our forum http://oatcakefanzine.proboards27.com/index.cgi?board=Potters that Mr G is possibly on his way to Tynecastle. Let's just say you'll get 'a character'- but maybe you've had enough of them in recent years?

Our perspective and some facts:

Mr G (as he asked us to call him) had teams that occasionally played very, very good passing football but occasionally played absolute ***** too.

He had a very strange idea that 3-5-2 would work in every game, no matter what the score was. After the Stoke crowd chanted 4-4-2 at him for a couple of weeks, he changed it a bit and we looked a bit better.

We rarely looked up for a local derby with Port Vale (RIP) when he was in charge.

He brought in a couple of immense players- namely Iceland midfielder Brynjar Gunnarsson (now at Reading), Belarus captain Sergei Shtaniuk from Dynamo Minsk and Peter Hoekstra, formerly of Ajax.

When he got us promoted, (2001-2) we were by and large lucky that season and pretty unconvincing for the most part- but we beat Cardiff away in the play off semi's which is fondly remembered as one of our best performances in recent years.

He has a history of falling out with Chairmen- he was sacked from us for reasons which have not become fully clear yet, the rumour was though that he HAD to go.

After his sacking he held an impromptu address to his fans in the car park of the stadium. On a loud hailer he declared 'the chairman is an arsehole'

He is a recovering alcoholic.

Apparently he has 9 kids by 3 different wives and three boys are pro football players, Bjarni Gudjonsson (Stoke, Bochum, Genk, Plymouth Coventry), Toddy Gudjonsson (Bochum, Genk, Stoke) and Joey (Leicester, Burnley, Wolves)

He won us our first trophy since 1972, the Auto Windscreens Shield (wow!) by beating Bristol City 2-1 at Wembley in front of 75,000.

His Stoke team also lost 8-0 at home to Liverpool in the Carling Cup. We did have something like 19 goal attempts though...(groan)

I personally like him and hope he does well for you. Very funny character and very down to Earth- but beware speaking his mind- mad Vlad doesn't seem the forgiving type.

Yours in Fitba'

Stokie

THIS guy sounds the boy for me .......

A rumour followed him from Iceland to Stoke that unless his team upped their performance after half time, he'd go round their houses and shag their wives! :rofl:

Him and Pinnilla in the same Club .... would love to hear the chants from the Stands on that one!

Denny Crane

If he's threatening to shag the players' wives, my money is on Miko winning player of the year!

Answers and questions:

Bye for now!

Just googled that - it's one of those good trivia questions to ask yer mates when you are bevvied.

Promoted 11 times and relegated 14 times !!!

bleedin eck that's almost as much as the hobos

Answers and questions:

10- Hope you enjoyed the Rangers fans behaviour in Manchester. Are they still blaming it all on 6 Millwall fans? ;)11- Hearts bottom 6 finish was shocking for an established top 4-5 team, albeit Motherwell have been excellent this year. What was Vlad's motivation in sabotaging the breaking of the Old Firm duopoly? There was never a better chance of a non OF win....?

Bye for now!

Rangers are a disgrace. I associate myself more to tha Taliban than I do that shower. I hate them, the club and more so I hate Glasgow. Please don't hold them against us

Hugh Phamism
Fuller? Shame we didn't get a fee for him :(

Owned by a Jamaican club called 'Tivoli Gardens' IIRC.

;)

THIS guy sounds the boy for me .......

A rumour followed him from Iceland to Stoke that unless his team upped their performance after half time, he'd go round their houses and shag their wives! :rofl:

Him and Pinnilla in the same Club .... would love to hear the chants from the Stands on that one!

Greetings from Moscow and thanks Stokie,

You've managed to light up the boards with a post that makes the pain of being a Jambo feel all-the-while-worthwhile.

Colin Sked, I laughed so much when I read your above post, the wee began trickling down my leg. This man sounds a legend and I'm inclined to take a reality check - we aint gonna dominate European football, and we aint gonna get relegated, hence we might as well have a bit of a laugh. If thats rational thinking, then this dude is mos defo our new manager.

Guys - we could sell footage of our AGM to the Paramount Comedy Chanel.

Best thread in a long time, big thanks Stokie.

Deodato

Jimmy McNulty
Owned by a Jamaican club called 'Tivoli Gardens' IIRC.

;)

Yup, that was my point....

Archived