Arsehole Neighbours

Solid Snake

4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

I feel very lucky having great neighbours on both sides, i certainly dont take it for granted.

I've not got two excellent at either side of me now and it is bliss after two anti social idiots.   

The back garden that is a sun trap with privacy is also excellent. 

Shite coming home to bad neighbours.  

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Салатные палочки

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• ri Alban

My tenement days I used to get what sounded like tapping through the wall behind the bed quite regularly at night, just about had a war with the boy next door who swore it wasn't him. It used to go right over the wall and back and drive me nuts. Sold that flat in 03 and wondered if the issue continued. The fact it kept happening after a couple of heated exchanges on the matter with the neighbour made it a bit weird. Had students under me that used to come in at 3am midweek and party also. Nothing like getting woke up at 3am with music thumping through the floor. 

Finally sold our flat and move over the water to dunfermline in November, slight reservation over the new neighbour to the right, spied garden gnomes with the UJ painted on them so no doubt he'll be a full on rangers man that goes to marches! 

Least the house is an offset semi detached so only half the house is wall to wall with him!

3 hours ago, buzz said:

Maybe they didn’t get a missed delivery card. That happened to me, the next door neighbour brought round a parcel they took in for us, we had no idea as no card was left to say they had tried to deliver, or where it was.

Different postie today so hopefully if that's the case then today's one will have stuck a note through. 👍

Here's a tip if you want to avoid potential bad neighbours when buying a new build. 

Every new development must have 25% social housing, that comes under social rent, mid market rent or shared equity.

So if you are planning on buying a new build, make sure that you ask to see the site plan and find out where the social housing is on the site. 

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Here's a tip if you want to avoid potential bad neighbours when buying a new build. 

Every new development must have 25% social housing, that comes under social rent, mid market rent or shared equity.

So if you are planning on buying a new build, make sure that you ask to see the site plan and find out where the social housing is on the site. 

Separate the wheat from the chaff.

:rofl:

9 hours ago, Taffin said:

My neighbours are all really nice so this isn't exactly the right place for this question but it's probably most suitable without starting a new thread:

I took a parcel in for my neighbour on Tuesday and they've not come and got it. I've just taken another one which appears to be the exact same thing (BT badged and the same box so I'm guessing a router or TV box etc).

I worked on the assumption that the neighbour who missed the package will read their missed delivery card and come and get it from me rather than me knocking on their door multiple times trying to catch them while they're at home but now I'm thinking I've maybe got this all wrong. Am I the arsehole neighbour in this instance?

Why don’t u knock on their door and tell them u have a parcel ? 

7 hours ago, buzz said:

Maybe they didn’t get a missed delivery card. That happened to me, the next door neighbour brought round a parcel they took in for us, we had no idea as no card was left to say they had tried to deliver, or where it was.

Yes 

15 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That’s rather judgmental ! Owner occupier can be nuisance neighbours too and even worse your decked if they Continue with noise as they can’t be evicted unlike council or housing association tenants . My place is relatively quiet with decent neighbours . There were couple lads upstairs who were noisy but I live and let live as we have had some noisy nights too ! Esp coming back late from the pub 

34 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We will find you .

We will rob you.

Where ever you are.

8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

That’s rather judgmental ! Owner occupier can be nuisance neighbours too and even worse your decked if they Continue with noise as they can’t be evicted unlike council or housing association tenants . My place is relatively quiet with decent neighbours . There were couple lads upstairs who were noisy but I live and let live as we have had some noisy nights too ! Esp coming back late from the pub 

I'm not being judgemental James.

I'm just giving folk a heads up that may be judgemental themselves that if they are buying a new build for £300k-400k plus, that they should be aware that they might be living next door to social rents and, if they wish to avoid that, they should ask to see a site plan. 👍 Of course you get arseholes in every walk of life. 

8 minutes ago, Ked said:

The badness in me is hoping for future juicy posts .

One eviction in the stair that turned into a siege involving armed cops and attack dogs is plenty for me, ta

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'm not being judgemental James.

I'm just giving folk a heads up that may be judgemental themselves that if they are buying a new build for £300k-400k plus, that they should be aware that they might be living next door to social rents and, if they wish to avoid that, they should ask to see a site plan. 👍 Of course you get arseholes in every walk of life. 

Fair enough . But there’s is akwats the risk when h buy those next to u may sell their house or rent it out to nuisance neighbours too . So you can never be 💯 sure of who will live next door to You . 

1 minute ago, Cade said:

One eviction in the stair that turned into a siege involving armed cops and attack dogs is plenty for me, ta

Eviction is a long and costly process by the council and is used As a last option 

The worse thing about bad neighbours is that no one wants to deal with them.  Housing associations staff just can't be bothered doing anything.   

I had two dodgy neighbours in my last place that had done the same shite to the previous tenant.  They moved me due to their shite and said if they do it to someone else they'll take action.  So a third tenant has to suffer before action is taken.  

Nothing more frustrating than people interfering with someone's home life and no one doing anything.  

50 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Good shout...

This happened in the flats on my estate :cornette:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/6896921/edinburgh-man-trial-soldier-abducted-torture-attempted-murder/

3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I have a large detached house in a leafy suburb. Sorry can't relate 

Same 😎

7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Aye cause only Renters are Arseholes.

I often hear my neighbours having loud sex.

I don't mind but she's clearly faking her orgasms.

They probably hear us too, but my Mrs doesn't need to pretend

:verysmug:

she assures me......

2 hours ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

I often hear my neighbours having loud sex.

I don't mind but she's clearly faking her orgasms.

They probably hear us too, but my Mrs doesn't need to pretend

:verysmug:

she assures me......

If you want to be certain, listen to her when she's at the neighbours and see if there is any difference in her noises!

11 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Why don’t u knock on their door and tell them u have a parcel ? 

As I reckon that's what the postie tried and they didn't answer, hence why they then knocked on my door 😂

11 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes 

That’s rather judgmental ! Owner occupier can be nuisance neighbours too and even worse your decked if they Continue with noise as they can’t be evicted unlike council or housing association tenants . My place is relatively quiet with decent neighbours . There were couple lads upstairs who were noisy but I live and let live as we have had some noisy nights too ! Esp coming back late from the pu

Ainsley Harriott
8 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Same 😎

Love a grossly overpriced house that's gone up 30% in value last few years. Rolling in equity 😎

11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

We moved home a couple of months ago. Lovely wee bungalow type council house in a cul-de-sac they are all special amenities social housing beside us. The neighbours in the cul-de-sac are lovely and friendly. Along the street from our houses are privately owned semi detached houses mostly young people. 

Every night during the good weather they are outside in their gardens having noisy parties. Their gardens are more or less bars and I suppose they feel because they own their houses they can do as they please. 

I'm not complaining BTW, I'm just pointing out that noisy neighbours are not exclusive to social housing. 

I felt your post was a bit discriminatory just wanted to address the balance. 🤔

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

We moved home a couple of months ago. Lovely wee bungalow type council house in a cul-de-sac they are all special amenities social housing beside us. The neighbours in the cul-de-sac are lovely and friendly. Along the street from our houses are privately owned semi detached houses mostly young people. 

Every night during the good weather they are outside in their gardens having noisy parties. Their gardens are more or less bars and I suppose they feel because they own their houses they can do as they please. 

I'm not complaining BTW, I'm just pointing out that noisy neighbours are not exclusive to social housing. 

👍👍👍

14 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I have a large detached house in a leafy suburb. Sorry can't relate 

Those effing squirrels can be a bit anti-social though...

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Aye cause only Renters are Arseholes.

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Not like folk on kickback to completely misunderstand a post but congratulations to you pair. 

:vrface:

23 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Not like folk on kickback to completely misunderstand a post but congratulations to you pair. 

Ask yourself why it was misunderstood  😏

30 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

TBF, there is only one way your post can be taken. It's probably partially accurate too though so 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sooperstar

11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Ask yourself why it was misunderstood  😏

Because you assumed that I was having a go at social renters when I wasn't. 

5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

TBF, there is only one way your post can be taken. It's probably partially accurate too though so 🤷‍♂️

As explained to James, it was a heads up about new developments for those people thinking about splashing out hundreds of thousands on a new build property thinking they were paying for a lovely new Cala Homes/David Wilson homes house in Cammo for example. 

I think you and others would agree that the type of people that can afford to live in such a development would have to earn a fair swedge, perhaps consider themselves as middle class and may themselves believe that they would be living in an upmarket area with people from a similar background and not next to social housing. The fact is, those people buying new builds do not understand that these new developments must include 25% of units for affordable housing which includes, social housing, mid market rentals and shared equity housing, as pointed out. 

I think it is fair to suggest that you are more likely to encounter problems with neighbours in the social sector than you are in a plush development where houses cost £400k a pop. That isn't to say that everyone living in social housing is a scumbag, as those attacking my post have clearly assumed I must have meant. That's clearly not what I meant. On the otherhand, it doesn't make an assumption that those who live in plush housing developments aren't arseholes either, as suggested in my original response to James.

As someone that has written a paper on how to reduce carbon emissions within the built environment by moving people from old leaky damp social housing, into better insulated airtight new builds which improve living conditions and thus reducing fuel poverty and with that, a reduction in carbon emissions, I am a proponent of this affordable housing policy. On the other side of that, as someone that has experience of  developments for social housing, I also understand the potential problems that go with it for those buying new builds and the assumptions they believed when purchasing a property. 

It is not a judgement or discrimination of those living in social housing, if anything it is more a judgement of people who may want to buy a new build, who may themselves look down their nose at social renters and, if they wish to avoid the potential of living next to social rents, they should look at the site plan. 

👍

On 03/09/2021 at 12:23, Taffin said:

My neighbours are all really nice so this isn't exactly the right place for this question but it's probably most suitable without starting a new thread:

I took a parcel in for my neighbour on Tuesday and they've not come and got it. I've just taken another one which appears to be the exact same thing (BT badged and the same box so I'm guessing a router or TV box etc).

I worked on the assumption that the neighbour who missed the package will read their missed delivery card and come and get it from me rather than me knocking on their door multiple times trying to catch them while they're at home but now I'm thinking I've maybe got this all wrong. Am I the arsehole neighbour in this instance?

If I took in a neighbours parcel and they hadn't collected it within 24 hours then I'd be going to their door. Sounds like they've complained their router hasn't arrived and been sent a 2nd.

I'd say that although it is their responsibility to collect it there's also a chance they never got the missed delivery note. If my neighbour held onto my parcel for nearly a week I'd be a bit miffed.

16 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Solid advice.

16 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Fair enough . But there’s is akwats the risk when h buy those next to u may sell their house or rent it out to nuisance neighbours too . So you can never be 💯 sure of who will live next door to You . 

Yes but you are lowering the chances of having to deal with riff raff significantly. Also, reduces the likelihood that your neighbours will constantly be changing.

16 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

The worse thing about bad neighbours is that no one wants to deal with them.  Housing associations staff just can't be bothered doing anything.   

I had two dodgy neighbours in my last place that had done the same shite to the previous tenant.  They moved me due to their shite and said if they do it to someone else they'll take action.  So a third tenant has to suffer before action is taken.  

Nothing more frustrating than people interfering with someone's home life and no one doing anything.  

It's quite difficult to fully evict someone. A lot if hoops to jump through and boxes to be ticked. 

4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

If I took in a neighbours parcel and they hadn't collected it within 24 hours then I'd be going to their door. Sounds like they've complained their router hasn't arrived and been sent a 2nd.

I'd say that although it is their responsibility to collect it there's also a chance they never got the missed delivery note. If my neighbour held onto my parcel for nearly a week I'd be a bit miffed.

Solid advice.

Yes but you are lowering the chances of having to deal with riff raff significantly. Also, reduces the likelihood that your neighbours will constantly be changing.

It's quite difficult to fully evict someone. A lot if hoops to jump through and boxes to be ticked. 

One of the psycho neighbours I had has been evicted 3 times costing people fortunes to get her out for wrecking the places and the housing association are currently going through the process to evict her.

My gripe is that they know who they wee putting me next to and weren't bothered. 

Some people are beyond help.  

45 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I wouldn't be miffed with my neighbour as it's quite literally not their issue to resolve (given they're not a delivery man 😂), though I tend not to order things and then not stay home to receive them but when I do, I'm off to collect it from neighbours asap after the failed delivery

I'd be miffed with the post office if they didn't leave a missed delivery card. I've never experienced that though from the first postie, he leaves me them quite a lot saying where my parcel is. The second postie may not have as I've never seen her before in fairness. Just seems odd that I've always received a missed delivery note and so have my other neighbours who've collected multiple parcels from me before.

Solid advice.

Edited by Taffin

Ainsley Harriott
3 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Those effing squirrels can be a bit anti-social though...

Aye those early morning wood pigeons need asbos 

Ainsley Harriott
3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

In fairness I wouldn't want to live near social renters. 

2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

In fairness I wouldn't want to live near social renters. 

Ever?  It's only a small percentage of people that are arsehole neighbours.   Most are just working families who are just getting on with it.  

Luck of the draw with who you get and it's not that many that are arseholes.  Though the ones that are can have a huge impact on your life

Sweeping statement that is wrong. 

Self confessed snob..? 

11pm.
Very loud drunken singing in the street. Bunch of arseholes pushing a shopping trolley full of booze down the street. Stopped outside my stair. Downstairs are having another house party. :lenny:

Midnight.

White BMW pulls up outside, blaring its horn. One partygoer runs out, buys some drugs from the driver, runs back inside. BMW fecks off on his rounds.
:muggy:

1am.
Proclaimers singalong in full swing. Hibs junky bassas.
::seething:

2am.

All goes quiet. All partygoers totally munted into unconsciousness.

:olly:

Lunchtime today.
Shopping trolley still on its side on the pavement. Has also been joined by a chair with a ripped seat. Broken glass all over the back green.
:getout:

8 minutes ago, Cade said:

11pm.
Very loud drunken singing in the street. Bunch of arseholes pushing a shopping trolley full of booze down the street. Stopped outside my stair. Downstairs are having another house party. :lenny:

Midnight.

White BMW pulls up outside, blaring its horn. One partygoer runs out, buys some drugs from the driver, runs back inside. BMW fecks off on his rounds.

1am.

2am.

Lunchtime today.
Shopping trolley still on its side on the pavement. Has also been joined by a chair with a ripped seat. Broken glass all over the back green.

Sounds great ! Can I get an invite 😂

1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

Ever?  It's only a small percentage of people that are arsehole neighbours.   Most are just working families who are just getting on with it.  

Luck of the draw with who you get and it's not that many that are arseholes.  Though the ones that are can have a huge impact on your life

Sweeping statement that is wrong. 

Self confessed snob..? 

Awful really 

Say What Again

My neighbours on Friday night weren't particularly loud, but had a wee party going on. About 5 of them.

Only real complaint would be they kept coming outside for a smoke and blethering under my bedroom window. One lassie had a 15 minute drunken phone call about 4.30am.

It went on till about 6am. Nothing too drastic noise-wise, but I was still delighted to hear the chatting sounds replaced by about an hours worth of proper gut-wrenching spewing noises coming from the bathroom about 8am 😁

On 04/09/2021 at 18:46, Cade said:

11pm.

Midnight.

1am.

2am.

Lunchtime today.

A quiet party then.

Captain Lithuania

I live in a block of flats. 8 in a block, two on each floor. One of my neighbours is a junkie, he lives on the top floor. One day recently while I was working in my room I saw him go flying past the window on the way down. Honestly could not believe it. The ***** was snoring when I opened the window to see if he was all right. **** all wrong with him except a cut above his eye. Made of rubber. 

That’s just once incident. I have a record of about 20+ incidents, times and dates, I complained and complained about him to the council and he’s only on a first warning. 

There’s loads more but that’s the most unbelievable. Not far away from evicting the ***** myself. 

On 03/09/2021 at 16:18, JackLadd said:

My tenement days I used to get what sounded like tapping through the wall behind the bed quite regularly at night, just about had a war with the boy next door who swore it wasn't him. It used to go right over the wall and back and drive me nuts. Sold that flat in 03 and wondered if the issue continued. The fact it kept happening after a couple of heated exchanges on the matter with the neighbour made it a bit weird. Had students under me that used to come in at 3am midweek and party also. Nothing like getting woke up at 3am with music thumping through the floor. 

Had to complain to the students in my stair. I don't mind too much about loud music at the weekend. However they had mainstream crap on. Told them, if they want to have their music turned up they can at least play something decent such as Joy Division or The Prodigy.

On 04/09/2021 at 12:05, Cruyff said:

The facepalm is on you. Snob. :)

Silent s, btw. :whistling: Only joking C. 

Edited by ri Alban

• 1 year later...

Going to bump this as I'm :seething: at the moment.

Moved into a house at the start of September that me and my girlfriend are renting. Fairly new builds, been standing about 3-4 years I think. Now, there's us 2, her 2 young children (3 and 1), my 9 year old daughter comes to stay sometimes, and we have a baby on the way. Yes, it's a bit hectic, but I'm sure many of you have been down that road.

Few weeks ago, my wee girl accidentally kicked a wee ball over into the next door neighbours garden one early evening, so I chapped the door to politely request we get it back. Boy in the house then sheepishly 'pulled me up' about the noise coming from the house. Not noise as in screaming, shouting or loud music or the likes. Merely the banging of footsteps through the non-carpeted floors and the banging of doors, including the front and back doors. The guy felt the need to tell me his good lady is pregnant and we need to keep it down, to which I promptly pointed out, so is mine. Best part is, he pointed out that this wasn't just us, but the previous tenants caused the same problems too. In a new build property? Yeah, that's really our fault I guess.

Anyway, as a new resident to the street, I kept polite and assured him we would try to keep the noise down etc. My girlfriend has just this morning, received an email from the letting agent, saying they've been contacted by a neighbour complaining of 'extreme' noise levels. Now, it could only be them, or our neighbours on the other side. I doubt the latter, as like us they are a young family with 2 small children, and we hear plenty noise from them.

Genuinely ****ing fuming. I concede that with 2 young children in the house, it's not exactly peaceful at times. But what do they want us to do? Strap the kids into a chair 24/7 so they can't move around? They're ****ing children mate. ****s going to get a fright when his expected baby turns into a riotous toddler who loves banging doors and playing with everything it shouldn't be.

I'm going to go through to their door later and confront them. Respectfully of course. I'm a reasonable man, I'd have respect for them if they came and confronted me about noise face to face, but emailing my landlord is scummy. What's the end game? To get us evicted from our home with young children? Also, the letting agents emailed us a couple of weeks ago to complain about my girlfriends parking, of which there's **** all wrong with. I don't know for sure, but can only assume it was them too. Clearly a couple of busy bodies who are never happier than when they're complaining. ****s.

Rant over. For now.