Trainspotting 2

Solid Snake

Going to see it tonight in Bathgate after a trip to Gianni's for some scran.

Weird. That's my plan for this Saturday as well. Gianni's is a great wee place. He's a lovely guy.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to see this tonight with a mate at Kinnaird park where 20years earlier we worked in the cinema on the original film premier.

Was great, nice blend of humour and nostalgia.

fabienleclerq

Tin hat on, it was really average film that I wouldn't watch again.

The best bits were when it jumped back to the first one. Obviously it's nice to see Edinburgh and places you know but it wasn't nearly as good as the first one. It was more of a comedy and a nostalgia trip. Acting not particularly great although the boy playing spud was pretty good. The lodge scene was funny, 6/10.

Kennedy Bakircioglu

Thought it was brilliant. I'll be going to see it again at the cinema. I do love a bit of nostalgia but this has way more than that. 9/10.

Prince Buaben

I enjoyed the film. 

thought Ewen Bremner was really good as Spud. They could have replaced Brad Welsh with bit wood. 

Just watched it tonight and I thought it was brilliant. People say it's a bit too nostalgic but I didn't think that was the case. There are definitely several references to the previous film but I thought it had a good storyline on its own. A good mix of comedy and drama and it was great to see lots of Edinburgh in a major film. Not sure how much of the humour will translate abroad or even down south, especially the bits filmed in the orange lodge (or whatever it was). I'd give it an 8/10.

Saw it during the day, before the Sevco pumping.  Really enjoyed it.  There was so much potential for the flashbacks to the first film to be lazy but instead, their integration into the scenes of the new film were brilliant.  1690--absolutely classic.  Begbie as a character actually having depth, if only briefly.  Mark and "Simon" are still scumbags and therefore made for each other as best friends, even though the youthful exuberance and innocence is gone.

This could've turned out where you end up disappointed they ever even made it because it's ruined the first film.  Not in my view, not one bit.

Just in from seeing it. Thought it was decent. With sequels like this I feel you have to take your time and think through the whole thing. Maybe a second watch will do that.

Of course, the book was a country mile better so nice to see some more references...and a couple of funny moments....one particularly...no spoilers from me !

Thought it was very average.

Some humorous moments, however, don't really feel the story was all that good. In many ways nothing happens and it is almost an aside to the characters. However, there is no real depth to the characters or their relationships.

I also found it difficult there was so little growth/change with the characters after 20 years

jamboinglasgow

Wasn't as good as the first one and lost it's way at times, but still decent.

Some real laugh out moments. The Rangers fans scene, with the made up anti catholic song and 1690 PINs was (sadly) hilarious.

Thought Spud and Begbie were the stars of the film. Miller said on The Norton Show he had taken lessons this time for the accent, but I only think he mastered it in the one scene when he meets Rents for the first time.

Watched it at The Dominion and when we walked back in to town the flat the used in Montpellier Park was the one in the block with it's light on.

For anyone that has seen it, do you know where Rents family home is, Sickboys pub and the private school? (1951 on the plaque outside)

The private school was Glasgow University.

Thought it was very average.

Some humorous moments, however, don't really feel the story was all that good. In many ways nothing happens and it is almost an aside to the characters. However, there is no real depth to the characters or their relationships.

I also found it difficult there was so little growth/change with the characters after 20 years

Pretty much this for me. I went to see it last night. It's decent, but it does trade heavily on the original's success. If you'd never seen the original and watched this, I imagine you'd be far more critical of the lack of any real plot. I enjoyed Spud's story most.

I'm sure there are phone numbers you can call, maybe Andy from the midnight phone in on Forth AM 8.10 could help you?

Is he still doing that show?

Wow if he is.

Thought it was pretty average really, as others said very little plot. It really did just mimic the original. And the music was nowhere near as good as the original.

Might have been better to remake original rather than sequel!

Worth a watch, but nowt special!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody watched this on kodi yet?

I see it listed in SPECTRO but no souce found?

THANKS

I enjoyed the film. 

thought Ewen Bremner was really good as Spud. They could have replaced Brad Welsh with bit wood.

Woah woah woah sweet child of mine!!!

Brad Welsh is in Trainspotting 2??????

Feck that. Rather watch back to back episodes of Loose Woman than anything with that attention seeking punchbag in it.

Anyone know where they filmed spuds flat? I thought it was in muirhouse but my mate thinks glasgow?

Evening news article last month said they used the high rise flats at Craigmillar

Boss says there is a very funny scene about Rangers, she found it was very funny but Rangers supporters wont appreciate it.

Anyone know where they filmed spuds flat? I thought it was in muirhouse but my mate thinks glasgow?

My Mrs was saying Greendykes High Flats...which is fair enough I suppose when the lassie gets off a 14 near the end. Also Spud's Mrs' bit was along the road near Niddrie/Craigmillar area

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Not as rough and ready as the first film which is maybe why people preferred the original.

This one was more relevant to today and brought out a bit more in the characters.

I had read the book years ago and although the film was roughly based about it, still enjoyed the story.

The strap on looked sore and the 1690 episode although still different from the book had me in tears.

Finally got to see it today. I actually preferred it to the original. That's maybe an age thing as I was in my 30's when the first one came out. It didn't define MY generation really. Whereas I can identify with the getting older thing. Thought Ewen Bremner was tremendous and Edinburgh looked as beautiful as it is.

Can anyone confirm where Begbies house is or Rentons parents house.

Good film. Will never top the first though. 8/10.

Can anyone confirm where Begbies house is or Rentons parents house.

Good film. Will never top the first though. 8/10.

Rentons house is in Blackburn, the same street as subo infact, 2 of my friends live in the same street ( both houses were in the film, one next door to the caravan) as does a prominent poster on here who lives opposite the house

My Mrs was saying Greendykes High Flats...which is fair enough I suppose when the lassie gets off a 14 near the end. Also Spud's Mrs' bit was along the road near Niddrie/Craigmillar area

THIS. I live in .Wauchope House, the block they used for Spud's flat, have to put on record they are not as bad as the film makes them out to be lol

I haven't seen it yet but what sticks out for me is I haven't had many folk rushing to tell me it was great and a must watch.

Went and saw it a second time and it was even better. First time round I thought they had overdone the comedy a bit but the second time round I think they really got the balance right.

Went and saw it a second time and it was even better. First time round I thought they had overdone the comedy a bit but the second time round I think they really got the balance right.

I'd quite like to see the scene with spud spewing again.

Was in stitches. 

THIS. I live in .Wauchope House, the block they used for Spud's flat, have to put on record they are not as bad as the film makes them out to be lol

Wauchope? I thought that'd been turned into nurse accommodation years ago- my cousin certainly had to move out

I thought is was great, not up with the original, Just burst out laughing at Spud's suicide attempt scene again. Strange thing to admit to, unless you have seen the film, I suppose.

The original is brilliant and the only thing about T2 that comes near the bedsheet scene is all of I8's comments on this thread. 

Naw, Spud's suicide attempt is better than that.

Wauchope? I thought that'd been turned into nurse accommodation years ago- my cousin certainly had to move out

No,Wauchope House and Greendykes House still standing, had millions spent on them the last few years, everything else is gone and currently being replaced.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Went to see it tonight and I thought it was brilliant. I preferred it to the original to be honest. As mentioned the scene in the Rangers pub is fantastic :lol: proper laugh out loud moment.

Irvine Welsh looked so uncomfortable in front of the camera :lol: no wonder it was a fleeting appearance. My screening had subtitles but you got used to them reasonably quickly. Only scene you actually needed them for was Welsh's!

I only watched the original for the first time a few weeks ago so it was still fresh in the mind and I was glad I did. Not the sort of sequel you can see without having seen the first film.

Maroon Sailor

Watched it tonight in a Plymouth cinema and heard a couple of janners saying it was the best film they have seen in years. I really enjoyed it, Bremner was excellent. Welsh kicked the arse out of the Hibs pish and Boyle should have made sure his scene ended up on the cutting room floor.

Watched it tonight in a Plymouth cinema and heard a couple of janners saying it was the best film they have seen in years. I really enjoyed it, Bremner was excellent. Welsh kicked the arse out of the Hibs pish and Boyle should have made sure his scene ended up on the cutting room floor.

My take on it too. That scene in the woods :cornette: McGregor and Miller were like :wtf:

I'm assuming this film is supposed to be set in the 00's? Reason I say this is that the original was supposed to have been set in the 80s and they refer to the 20 year gap.

Another thing I didn't get with the sequel is the fact that the police don't actively seek out Begbie. You'd think his bird and boy's house would be the first place they would check out? He seems to wander about freely even though he's escaped from Saughton, whilst in the original he wouldn't leave a bed sit in East London for fear of the Scottish police finding him!

I'm still a bit 'meh' about the film tbh. Probably enjoy it more 2nd time round.

Sexton Hardcastle

Caught it last night. Very enjoyable and better than I was expecting. I would say I felt the whole Bradley Welsh character was completely irrelevant and added nothing to the film. Not to mention his mumbling voice being difficult to hear. Felt like Irvine Welsh had tried to copy Bricktop from Snatch. Really didn't get the point in that character.

Going with someone who has never seen the first Trainspotting - will they be able to follow the story line and understand it?  Or is it recommended that they watch the first one beforehand?

Shanks said no

Going with someone who has never seen the first Trainspotting - will they be able to follow the story line and understand it?  Or is it recommended that they watch the first one beforehand?

Would suggest you watch the first one prior to the sequel Although there are flashbacks you don't get the full depth of the characters, for example quite how mental Begbie is.

Going with someone who has never seen the first Trainspotting - will they be able to follow the story line and understand it? Or is it recommended that they watch the first one beforehand?

Did you watch the original?

Who was your favourite character?

Who was your least favourite character?

Which scene did you enjoy most?

Which scene did you enjoy least?

What would you give the original out of 10?

What improvements would you like to see I T2?

Haha I don't think any locations are as bad as Trainspotting would make them out to be

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Archived