Scottish flag in the Dutch end

maroonlegions

Interesting twist on the thread.

So, would you rather Hearts won the Champions League or Scotland won the World Cup?

I'd probably plump for Scotland tbh.

EDIT: Actually I dunno. It's a hard one... going to have to think about it more.

I think all that shows is that you care more about international football than "your" club. I disagree with you 100%, Hearts winning the Champions League would be much, much more important to me as Hearts are my team.

In fact, I would rather that Hearts won the Scottish League than Scotland won the World Cup.

davemclaren

I prefer to remember the Hearts cup winning t-shirt spotted on the telly at the Ecuador v. Poland game at the 2006 world cup. It was apparently worn by an intelligent good looking guy.

Boruc shipped 2 that night. ;)

lost in leith
Go by the name of Calum by any chance (sure I bumped into the wee man in Braga as well) ?

I know they are from that neck of the woods, and also travel to watch Scotland regularly (and assume that is how the flag is now in the possession of Dutch fans (hopefully he got a stack of videos as part of the swap deal !!!!).

That's who I was thinking of.

I'd rather Hearts won a corner kick than Scotland won the World Cup. This is coming from someone who goes to some of the Scotland games.

jack D and coke
No disrespect mate.......but that is an absolute shocker.

Now this aint an "Im a better Jambo than you" rant, not at all. The thing is tho, if HMFC means as much to you as it does to me, your comment above could simply never be the case.

I suppose HMFC means different things to us both, which is cool. My mindset means that I could NEVER "rather" anyone was more successful than the Jambos.

OK that was maybe a poor choice of wordage there but i could never support any other club so the national team is the only team i can really throw my full support behind.

I've been all over the place watching Hearts but in the last year or so my emotions have been raggied all over the place with this buffoon that i can't fully support this pish any more.

Thig Ar Latha
Interesting twist on the thread.

So, would you rather Hearts won the Champions League or Scotland won the World Cup?

I'd probably plump for Scotland tbh.

EDIT: Actually I dunno. It's a hard one... going to have to think about it more.

I've never had a problem hoping for both, trouble is we've never been close to either! :sad:

lost in leith
Cheers.

Is that all there was to it though? The Scotland games at Hampden and Wembley in 70's seemed to be exclusively Lion Rampants and then changed not sure exactly when to exclusively Slatires.

The Lion Rampant is the flag of the monarch in Scotland. I think some Scotland fans who are either against the monarchy or had no strong views either way might have felt that the saltire wasa more neutral flag? I've never travelled with Scotland and have been to very few home games in recent years so I may be talking mince. Perhaps resident members of the TA could enlighten us?

scott herbertson

When i met my wife-o-be she asked me to list ten things I'd like to do before i die

Other than a couple which I didn't tell her about ;) there's just one left

Scotland to get through the group stages of the WC

The second last to get ticked off was hearts winning a major trophy

I don't think i coudl say I want one more than the other - it would be like asking me if I liked blackcurrants better than beer or cheese

Commander Harris
How do you manage an "accidental" post?

:confused:

as in, I posted something by accident. :)

Archived