Scottish flag in the Dutch end

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

i see there is a saltre flag with a lion rampant in the middle of it at the Dutch end behind the goals.:P;).Cant make out what it says on it, anybody know or seen it.:o

maroonlegions
probably some **** who booked up before scotland got knocked out

:107years::107years:, could be but would never imagine the dutch to allow an English flag in amongst them , hope it annoys the English commentators eh.:P;)

Rick Grimes

quality comment... :rolleyes:

MacDonald Jardine
i see there is a saltre flag with a lion rampant in the middle of it at the Dutch end behind the goals.:P;).Cant make out what it says on it, anybody know or seen it.:o

Dalbeattie.

That's why football is the beautiful game.

Wonderful save, 10 seconds later, the other team score.

The Old Tolbooth

Best game of the tourney so far by a mile!

Italy aint been all that bad either, but it's nice to see them get shafted :D

I got Holland to win at 14/1 and Holland to win with Van Nistelrooy being top goalscorer for 66/1. Not got fortunes on it but certainly more chance than a 14 match accumulator that has France to win against Romania and a draw between Holland and Italy :)

Great game and the best team we have seen so far in this tournament. I am not surprised in the slightest to see Italy and France struggle.

As for the flag, Scotland have had a good relationship with the Dutch fans, it could have been swapped a few years back.

portobellojambo1
Dalbeattie.

Does that flag not belong to, or used to belong to, some of the guys that travel with Dumfries Hearts.

Carl Weathers

Does that flag not belong to, or used to belong to, some of the guys that travel with Dumfries Hearts.

:wacko:

I never get the anti Scotland sentiments on this board.

Particularly when a lot of Jambo's follow the national team and take great pride in doing so.

Particularly when a lot of Jambo's follow the national team and take great pride in doing so.

Politics bud, politics.

Just leave them to it. :)

MacDonald Jardine

What's anti Scottish about the second post you quoted?

What's anti Scottish about the second post you quoted?

It wasn't. I would suggest it was quoted to show that Hearts fans follow Scotland.

lost in leith

It may well belong to a poster on here who's from that neck of the woods and likes his footie travel (I met him for the first time in Braga).

jack D and coke

The money that i would normally spend on hearts now goes on scotland games. I get no satisfaction following hearts any more. But i've never understood the anti scotland stuff. I've got hobo mates that are the same though. I would much rather the scotland team was successful now than hearts.

Seymour M Hersh
:107years::107years:, could be but would never imagine the dutch to allow an English flag in amongst them , hope it annoys the English commentators eh.:P;)

There was one (flag of st george) about 10 yards to the right of it!!:rolleyes:

The money that i would normally spend on hearts now goes on scotland games. I get no satisfaction following hearts any more. But i've never understood the anti scotland stuff. I've got hobo mates that are the same though. I would much rather the scotland team was successful now than hearts.

No offence, but Hearts are well shot of fickle "fans" such as yourself. Imagine giving up on your club. It beggars belief. :eek:

The Lion Rampant is also the Coat of Arms of the Region of Holland.

Hollande_3.gif

And it was this which was in the middle of the saltire last night?

It really annoys me when people refer to the Dutch as Holland, when in fact it is the Netherlands. Bit like calling Britain England....

It can't have been Huns fans posing as Holland fans waving the Scottish flag, they would have waved the Union Jack/St Georges cross.

maroonlegions
There was one (flag of st george) about 10 yards to the right of it!!:rolleyes:

did not see that one but there goes my thought that the dutch would not willing have a English flag in their end blown right out of the water eh.:eek::eek::rolleyes::P

PresidentRomanov

Translate: I'll follow whoever's fashionable at the time :rolleyes:

Hollande_3.gif

It really annoys me when people refer to the Dutch as Holland, when in fact it is the Netherlands. Bit like calling Britain England....

You're easily annoyed then. Who gives a ? They should be grateful they're not called Germans, never mind anything else.

Something I've never understood, which I believe you may be able to shed some light on.

See The Lion Rampant? When I was a kid this was the flag of choice for Scotland fans ( don't think they were called the Tartan Army back then ). Why has it been replaced with the Saltire and what's the significance? I honestly don't know and don't mean to get in to " flag debate " territory. I just think the Lion Rampant is superior looking flag to The Saltire.

You're easily annoyed then. Who gives a ? They should be grateful they're not called Germans, never mind anything else.

Something I've never understood, which I believe you may be able to shed some light on.

See The Lion Rampant? When I was a kid this was the flag of choice for Scotland fans ( don't think they were called the Tartan Army back then ). Why has it been replaced with the Saltire and what's the significance? I honestly don't know and don't mean to get in to " flag debate " territory. I just think the Lion Rampant is superior looking flag to The Saltire.

The lion rampant is the Royal Standard i.e. the coat of arms of the royal family of Scotland, while the saltire is simply the national flag.

I agree, the Lion Rampant looked great. I'm not sure if the Royal Family got a bit narky about it being sold on the cheap by "entrepreneurs" outside the football and not getting their cut. Crown copyright and all that....

Holland is clearly the most important part of the Netherlands. So it's actually like calling Britain Scotland

Haagse Jambo

Hollande_3.gif

Bit different. The Dutch themselves are happy to call the country Holland, and all the orange hats, shirts etc. have Hup Holland Hup on them. It's even a football song. Hardly anything with Nederlands on it.

The lion rampant is the Royal Standard i.e. the coat of arms of the royal family of Scotland, while the saltire is simply the national flag.

I agree, the Lion Rampant looked great. I'm not sure if the Royal Family got a bit narky about it being sold on the cheap by "entrepreneurs" outside the football and not getting their cut. Crown copyright and all that....

Cheers.

Is that all there was to it though? The Scotland games at Hampden and Wembley in 70's seemed to be exclusively Lion Rampants and then changed not sure exactly when to exclusively Slatires.

jack D and coke
No offence, but Hearts are well shot of fickle "fans" such as yourself. Imagine giving up on your club. It beggars belief. :eek:

I haven't gave up on my club i've gave up on the romanov's. I've been watching hearts since the middle eighties but i'm not in the slightest interested in watching that erse picking a team from 2000 miles away and forcing that pish on me. Hearts will always be my team. I just cant stomach the romanov's any more.

More chance of seeing a Scottish Flag at a Holland vs Italy game, in Switzerland, than there is at a match at Ibrox or Parkhead.

Awesome.

I haven't gave up on my club i've gave up on the romanov's. I've been watching hearts since the middle eighties but i'm not in the slightest interested in watching that erse picking a team from 2000 miles away and forcing that pish on me. Hearts will always be my team. I just cant stomach the romanov's any more.

Wee tip JD and C don't bother with the bum boy three,the're just trying very hard to be wind up merchants,the very fact PB used to support RFC should tell you a thing or two and another should be ,how thick can someone be to have their name a s therapist,tell you quite a lot about these cretins IMO.

jack D and coke

Do you know me or something?

jack D and coke

Do you know me or something?

it did indeed say dalbeattie on it as it was the brothers flag.has another one with dumfries on it that hangs up in section n.awesome yesterday with the sight of everything oranje.papers this morning reporting 100,000 dutch in bern but i think they were using the seville calculator.spotted a few jambos.drink was 3 pound a pint in the fanzones which was good.flying back in a few hours.auf wiedersien

No disrespect mate.......but that is an absolute shocker.

Now this aint an "Im a better Jambo than you" rant, not at all. The thing is tho, if HMFC means as much to you as it does to me, your comment above could simply never be the case.

I suppose HMFC means different things to us both, which is cool. My mindset means that I could NEVER "rather" anyone was more successful than the Jambos.

CornhillHearts

Agreed Mr Sifter one of the poorests comments ever on K***back, must like putting feathers in his heid and wearing a skirt and daft boots.

Commander Harris

you are technically correct, of course. More accurately, It would be like if there was a United Kingdom international football team but everyone in the world referred to that team as "England". Having said that, the Dutch supporters don't seem to mind and in a footballing context actually seem to prefer using "Holland".

Miller Jambo 60

Now this aint an "Im a better Jambo than you" rant, not at all. The thing is tho, if HMFC means as much to you as it does to me, your comment above could simply never be the case.

I suppose HMFC means different things to us both, which is cool. My mindset means that I could NEVER "rather" anyone was more successful than the Jambos.

Wow Ms behind you what a muppet.

There is no Scotland only Britian

some poster like to back me up here :P

Surely regardless of ones views on the most desirable constitutional arrangements for it even the most blinkered and willfully obtuse unionist would concede that Scotland exists. Even if they hold it to exist only in a simmilar manner to Yorkshire.

Your post suggests that you are either on the wind up, a dolt or both.

Surely regardless of ones views on the most desirable constitutional arrangements for it even the most blinkered and willfully obtuse unionist would concede that Scotland exists. Even if they hold it to exist only in a simmilar manner to Yorkshire.

Your post suggests that you are either on the wind up, a dolt or both.

Topcat I am being sarcastic

Sooner this whole British debacle breaks up for me.

The English dont want us, and we dont want them, thats just my opinion.

I am a feather,skirt, big boot wearer you see.

But I would like to see both Hearts and scotland do equally well.

I think you can chose your club, but you cant chose your country.

crazy_jambo_2006

My country is far more important to me than any club. Been a jambo (s ticket) for years, but my country is far more important. No contest. Have to say my interest in hmfc has waned a little bit since the muppet circusmaster has turned hmfc into a farce +brought in mediocre clowns

dutch_jambo
you are technically correct, of course. More accurately, It would be like if there was a United Kingdom international football team but everyone in the world referred to that team as "England". Having said that, the Dutch supporters don't seem to mind and in a footballing context actually seem to prefer using "Holland".

Indeed , Most Dutch don't care whether people call there country The Netherlands or Holland . But some people outside the South/North Holland provinces do care like Friesland but they are strange anyway

Plus the thing that bugs me the most about the Dutch (even if i'm part Dutch myself) is our national anthem..i mean in it we say we are from German blood and that we shall always honour the king of Spain pfff

portobellojambo1
It may well belong to a poster on here who's from that neck of the woods and likes his footie travel (I met him for the first time in Braga).

Go by the name of Calum by any chance (sure I bumped into the wee man in Braga as well) ?

I know they are from that neck of the woods, and also travel to watch Scotland regularly (and assume that is how the flag is now in the possession of Dutch fans (hopefully he got a stack of videos as part of the swap deal !!!!).

My country is far more important to me than any club. Been a jambo (s ticket) for years, but my country is far more important. No contest. Have to say my interest in hmfc has waned a little bit since the muppet circusmaster has turned hmfc into a farce +brought in mediocre clowns

I'd have to agree my country is far more important to me than my club.

If I had the choice between gloating that a team full of my country men had won the world cup and euro cup, I'd be far more happy than if my club had bought a bunch of players from all over the world and won the champs league.

Interesting twist on the thread.

So, would you rather Hearts won the Champions League or Scotland won the World Cup?

I'd probably plump for Scotland tbh.

EDIT: Actually I dunno. It's a hard one... going to have to think about it more.

Interesting twist on the thread.

So, would you rather Hearts won the Champions League or Scotland won the World Cup?

I'd probably plump for Scotland tbh.

EDIT: Actually I dunno. It's a hard one... going to have to think about it more.

Keep going and you'll end up as my new signature.

Archived