Nokia N95

jamboinheaven

Hearts of Vladland
i get mine delivered tomorrow,anyone got one and what do you think of it?

Sorry to say but they aren't that duriable.

Sorry.

I went through 3 of them over a period of 1 month,sent it back evey time.1st problem was it kept freezing when someone rang it.The next one had a selective memory.The last and final effort just kept crashing for no reason at all.

Was informed by Orange that they where having major problems with them.

Craig Gordons Gloves

I'm currently using the N95 8GB, and have had no problems with it at all. The music has great clarity, the camera is fantastic and overall the phone is way better than i expected. I've had nokias for 11 years now and it always amazes me how many problems people have with them - i've never had an issue. In addition - i have 14 people that work for me have the N95 too and they don't have any issues with it - aside from having to charge it every day - but thats expected when you use it alot.

Craigieboy

The N series are always crashing. Also very slow. I had an N70 for 3 months then chucked it.

Absolutely *****.

Say What Again
I'm currently using the N95 8GB, and have had no problems with it at all.

Same here. Had it for months now and not one bit of bother.

heartgarfunkel

Got the N82 which does not have the crashing problems of other N series phones, and has exactly the same spec as the N95 plus a proper flash. It is awesome, and a bit more exclusive than the N95 plus it's not a brick. Both great phones though, although I got fed up with a crashing N95 8GB & got O2 to change it for the N82.

jack D and coke

I've not had any problems with mine. Had it 3 months now. Best phone i've had.

I fancy the Samsung F480 "Tocco"

Looks nice.

The N96 is out in August apparently too.

Will the iPhone only be like ?300 on O2 again?

Looks nice.

I'd say so yes, as Apple insisted that it could never be free on contract.

Mate has an N95, battery panel has come lose and is held on with tape. I've got an E90, quality phone, mini computer in your pocket :D

I'd say so yes, as Apple insisted that it could never be free on contract.

Mate has an N95, battery panel has come lose and is held on with tape. I've got an E90, quality phone, mini computer in your pocket :D

Ah well, no harm done:p

What the E90 got on it? Like the look of it.

Not sure what the network situation is but it is $199 in the States for the 8Gb and $299 for the 16Gb. They are saying that the prices will be similiar for most markets.

Ah well, no harm done:p

What the E90 got on it? Like the look of it.

Internally it's similar to the N95 but more business orientated. Has all the bells and whistles, dual cameras (one for photos and one for video conferencing), dual screens with the internal one perfect for surfing, watching vids or playing games plus full QWERTY keyboard inside. Uses Symbian as the OS, S60 to be precise so you can download apps and install plus it comes with an Office suite, full messaging software, bluetooth, wifi, mini-USB port, infrared and the likes.

Great wee phone, does everything you need, even works with remote management software so you can set it up to run your PC from anywhere :)

Micro SD slot so you can bang in additional memory, just got myself 8GB for ?20 and a set of Sony BT headphones.

Looks great too, highly recommended. Tis a bit bigger than most but not much more than the N95 and you get lots more bang for yer buck.

Internally it's similar to the N95 but more business orientated. Has all the bells and whistles, dual cameras (one for photos and one for video conferencing), dual screens with the internal one perfect for surfing, watching vids or playing games plus full QWERTY keyboard inside. Uses Symbian as the OS, S60 to be precise so you can download apps and install plus it comes with an Office suite, full messaging software, bluetooth, wifi, mini-USB port, infrared and the likes.

Great wee phone, does everything you need, even works with remote management software so you can set it up to run your PC from anywhere :)

Micro SD slot so you can bang in additional memory, just got myself 8GB for ?20 and a set of Sony BT headphones.

Looks great too, highly recommended. Tis a bit bigger than most but not much more than the N95 and you get lots more bang for yer buck.

Can it sync with PC, and by Office do you mean Word etc? Liking the sound of this.

Not sure I'd need all the gadgets though, being only a student.:laugh:

Can it sync with PC, and by Office do you mean Word etc? Liking the sound of this.

Not sure I'd need all the gadgets though, being only a student.:laugh:

Nah, it's Quick Office, so similar. Doubtful you'd get MS Office in S60 format.

Syncs with PC via supplied USB cable (using Nokia software) or bluetooth....as long as you have that on yer PC.

You can even get a BT keyboard and link it to the E90, using that instead of the internal one, but you get used to it soon enough. Plus you can set up printers on it and print direct, either via BT (if printer can handle it) or over the network.

Really decent phone, perfect for a student I'd say as you could sit in lectures surfing JKB instead of paying attention to the old fool down the front waffling on about 'history' and pish like that ;)

Just make sure you get the internet bolt on, 02 have it as a free add on these days, then you can surf and not pay nowt for it!!

Nah, it's Quick Office, so similar. Doubtful you'd get MS Office in S60 format.

Syncs with PC via supplied USB cable (using Nokia software) or bluetooth....as long as you have that on yer PC.

You can even get a BT keyboard and link it to the E90, using that instead of the internal one, but you get used to it soon enough. Plus you can set up printers on it and print direct, either via BT (if printer can handle it) or over the network.

Really decent phone, perfect for a student I'd say as you could sit in lectures surfing JKB instead of paying attention to the old fool down the front waffling on about 'history' and pish like that ;)

Just make sure you get the internet bolt on, 02 have it as a free add on these days, then you can surf and not pay nowt for it!!

I've looked into it.

Very nice piece of kit, but seems to be a "Ill buy it when I get a real job" phone. :laugh:

Back to the drawing board.

Everybody loves Baz

Looks nice.

I got the Tocco on Saturday sent back Monday morning,

It's a great phone but i had a problem with the screen freezing and as it's all drag and drop with no actual buttons to press so i had a problem straight away,getting sent a replacement today and if this one has any problems i'll opt for the Samsung soul instead.

I've had my N95 for about 6-7 months and i've had no big problems with it.

Good phone overall, I like my Nokia's, most user friendly phone by a mile.

It has crashed a few times, but not very often.

Better call Saul

I think the N95 is A good phone have heard storys alike above but mine has done me proud even installed Tom Tom onto it as the pre isntalled GPS is costly .

Prince Buaben

Had mine about 4 months now no problems at all with it apart from the battery goes down quickly but i suppose its maybe casue i use the mp3 on it quite a bit!

I got the Tocco on Saturday sent back Monday morning,

It's a great phone but i had a problem with the screen freezing and as it's all drag and drop with no actual buttons to press so i had a problem straight away,getting sent a replacement today and if this one has any problems i'll opt for the Samsung soul instead.

Give me a shout with how it goes with it. PM or whatever.

Like the look of it but I'm not getting stuck with a dud for 18 months.:P

Everybody loves Baz
Give me a shout with how it goes with it. PM or whatever.

Like the look of it but I'm not getting stuck with a dud for 18 months.:P

can you not get it on a 12 mth contract? are you with O2 ?

When it was working it was pretty nifty, drag & drop widget sidebar great camera, and easy to download stuff via the file manager software.

Plus what i really liked about it was the size of it i reckon it would be thinner than the N95 & it's definately smaller than the Samsung soul.

Will pm next week as i should get a new one by Friday hopefully.

If you're with O2 what about the New LG secret?

can you not get it on a 12 mth contract? are you with O2 ?

When it was working it was pretty nifty, drag & drop widget sidebar great camera, and easy to download stuff via the file manager software.

Plus what i really liked about it was the size of it i reckon it would be thinner than the N95 & it's definately smaller than the Samsung soul.

Will pm next week as i should get a new one by Friday hopefully.

If you're with O2 what about the New LG secret?

Im with Orange.

Willing to change though assuming I can get a similar deal.

Looks a nice phone and my mate who works for T mobile recommended it straight off.

Looked at the Secret too. Seems not to bad either.

As posted b4 work as an engineer installing /maintaining and testing O2s network .We use Nokias with engineering mode to test the network and the N95 has been brilliant.O2 use Nokias as preferred manufacture.Hope this helps

Everybody loves Baz
Im with Orange.

Willing to change though assuming I can get a similar deal.

Looks a nice phone and my mate who works for T mobile recommended it straight off.

Looked at the Secret too. Seems not to bad either.

i'm on ?35, 12 month contract 400 mins 1000 txts with O2

And i got the Tocco for nowt if that helps change your mind

Meant to say earlier a lot of people are comparing this to the i-phone but not as fancy if you know what i mean?

i'm on ?35, 12 month contract 400 mins 1000 txts with O2

And i got the Tocco for nowt if that helps change your mind

Meant to say earlier a lot of people are comparing this to the i-phone but not as fancy if you know what i mean?

Yeah been told that too.

I'm on ?35 18 month with 600mins and unlimited texts, which is kinda what I need.

Might see if I can blag a 9 month renewal in store. Just in case.

The People's Chimp

I;'ve got the n95 8GB. It is both a good phone and a totally annoying phone at the same time.

I've not had it long - say 3 months and have a software problem already which wont let me send texts. Also there is really annoying problem in that only a small percentage of my contacts - despite being saved into the memory, show when i receive a text or a call, leaving me to guess who the text is from or who is calling, by checking the number. It is very annoying. Other similar problems include music i have uploaded onto the phone from my pc not showing in the music player, thus they need to be found using the search facility.

I'd also say that the user interface is nowhere near as good or as intuitive as sony ericsson's.

But, the main bonus is the camera, which really is excellent, the quality of video is great as well. Throw in the 8Gb of memory and it's not too bad. But the software issues are a real drag.

jamboinheaven
I think the N95 is A good phone have heard storys alike above but mine has done me proud even installed Tom Tom onto it as the pre isntalled GPS is costly .

hi how would i go about installing tom tom on my phone?

I;'ve got the n95 8GB. It is both a good phone and a totally annoying phone at the same time.

I've not had it long - say 3 months and have a software problem already which wont let me send texts. Also there is really annoying problem in that only a small percentage of my contacts - despite being saved into the memory, show when i receive a text or a call, leaving me to guess who the text is from or who is calling, by checking the number. It is very annoying. Other similar problems include music i have uploaded onto the phone from my pc not showing in the music player, thus they need to be found using the search facility.

I'd also say that the user interface is nowhere near as good or as intuitive as sony ericsson's.

But, the main bonus is the camera, which really is excellent, the quality of video is great as well. Throw in the 8Gb of memory and it's not too bad. But the software issues are a real drag.

S'funny, I've had my N95 8gb for about the same amount of time and so far so good.

The camera is excellent.

The People's Chimp
S'funny, I've had my N95 8gb for about the same amount of time and so far so good.

The camera is excellent.

I'd say that not being able to send texts is the main annoyance. It seems to be a relatively common problem if my internet searches are anything to go by. Hopefully you avoid it!

• 4 weeks later...
Jed The Jedi
i get mine delivered tomorrow,anyone got one and what do you think of it?

Had mine 3 weeks now, flipping magic:)

I have a friend who works for the o2 call centre in glasgow and he advised against me getting one- said they have no end of complaint calls about them. I got a 6300 instead 7months ago and its just packed in - freezing up, cutting out during calls. I just went and bought another one today though cos its a great phone. Just going to be more careful not to drop this one!

Jamboelite

Had the N95 for about 8months now i think its a poor phone and i've had one since Dell Boy was using those giant ones in only fools and horses.

Problems i've had on and off

Text names dont appear when sent message even tho name is in contact

Phone freeze completely and needs a reboot

Battery life is poor but ok appreciate why that is

For some reason there will be a memory problem and you will lose any data requiring you to take the memory card out and put it back in to reboot the memory.

All in all cant wait to get to around 12-14 months and then trade out of it.

Say What Again
Had the N95 for about 8months now i think its a poor phone and i've had one since Dell Boy was using those giant ones in only fools and horses.

For some reason there will be a memory problem and you will lose any data requiring you to take the memory card out and put it back in to reboot the memory.

I must have just been lucky going by all the problems listed on this thread. I got mine 8 months ago in December and haven't had 1 problem with it.

:wacko:

Jed The Jedi

I take it your using the MK1 N95 with your referrence to the memory card, mine is the 8Gig MK2, i know about half a dozen folk with them and nobody seems to have had any problems.

Hasselhoff

I got an N95 8Gb through Orange the other week on a decent deal

Originally they said the phone would cost ?149 to upgrade, then ?99, then they said free. They then said ?30 instead of ?35 for raccoon unlimited landline calls + 100 texts + 750 anytime minutes x-network, then they reduced that to ?25 a month

So free N95 8Gb with unlimited calls basically for ?25 a month - decent deal I reckoned even if it is for 18 months

is there anyway that i can download a movie from a torrent site and transfer it from my pc to my N95

jamboinheaven
is there anyway that i can download a movie from a torrent site and transfer it from my pc to my N95

yes download the movie and covert it with total video converter into mp4

The Old Tolbooth

Baz, how you getting on with your Tocco mate? Or did you change it for the Soul?

Let me know as I'm thinking of getting the Tocco as my next phone in 2 months time when my contract is up, although there could be something else launched by then :wacko:

Everybody loves Baz
Baz, how you getting on with your Tocco mate? Or did you change it for the Soul?

Let me know as I'm thinking of getting the Tocco as my next phone in 2 months time when my contract is up, although there could be something else launched by then :wacko:

John, i think it's great as i've had no problems so far with this phone( as in the screen freezing) good camera and camcorder, a bit fidgity when it come to texting on the touch screen and this is where i think you'll have trouble with your big muckle shovels.

I'm going to Andys book launch in August i'll let you hava look at it then if you want?

The Old Tolbooth
John, i think it's great as i've had no problems so far with this phone( as in the screen freezing) good camera and camcorder, a bit fidgity when it come to texting on the touch screen and this is where i think you'll have trouble with your big muckle shovels.

I'm going to Andys book launch in August i'll let you hava look at it then if you want?

I cant make the book launch mate, Linda's sister is getting married the inconsiderate cow! :sad:

Anyway, problem solved with the muckle shovels, I'll use my boaby instead, it's small enough apparently :confused:

Everybody loves Baz
I cant make the book launch mate, Linda's sister is getting married the inconsiderate cow! :sad:

Anyway, problem solved with the muckle shovels, I'll use my boaby instead, it's small enough apparently :confused:

So Linda has said ;)

Had mine a week its easily the best mobile i have had , had a Tocco for a week never liked it so got rid of it !

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody else with hints for new phones.

I have 4 weeks left on an O2 contract. Had been paying ?35 a month, but have moved back home from a job in London and am luck to use 200 texts and 60 minutes talk time.

What I would like is fast cheap internet access through the mobile.

Jed The Jedi
Anybody else with hints for new phones.

I have 4 weeks left on an O2 contract. Had been paying ?35 a month, but have moved back home from a job in London and am luck to use 200 texts and 60 minutes talk time.

What I would like is fast cheap internet access through the mobile.

Fire over to the 3 website Deek, you should be able to get a call and text package near to what you quoted for about ?15 a month then add X series silver for a fiver that will take care of the internet access.

Archived