• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peter_hmfc

• Maroon Sailor

• iantjambo

• AlimOzturk

I have never watched the show but interestingly it appears to be getting the same sort of reaction that the two national BBC re-boots got recently (Are You Being Served and Porridge).  Message to the beeb. Stop wasting our money on trying to bring back shows from a previous era that doesn't work now. Get some decent writers and start anew. 

The problem with that is many go 'these new comedies arent as good as the old ones. We really need the old ones again!'.

As for last night, I thought it was pretty decent. I had very low expectations of this new series, as I'm usually of the opinion you should never go back, but last night's I felt was fairly funny.

Sounds like he's saying Mrs Browns boys and Father Ted are pish. He's right.

Murder TV .But then to follow that with 'Us Scots are far funnier'. Eh, naw. Think Gary The Tank Commander. Diabolical stuff.

Placid Casual

sorry, dipping my nose in on the Father Ted debate. Alright now pal?

Aye mate. I shouldn't really post when I get in from the pub...

Enjoyed the second episode, a vast improvement on the first.

Obviously not as good as it used to be but if the standard for the rest of the series is at least as good as EP2 then it'll be an enjoyable watch.

Friday's wasn't as funny I don't think, but it was a bit more like the old episodes. Actors seemed more comfortable and what not.

I'm not liking these new characters pointlessly coming into it though. The Irish neighbour from the first episode and this junkie that lived with Pete, who seems to play a big part in episode 3.

I don't think Still Game falls under the same category as the other old shows that have been remade. Still Game never really ended, it just kinda stopped. Carrying on was always on the cards.

I agree though that the classics shouldn't really be tampered with. Look at Only Fools for example. They've not made an episode for 15 years yet it's still brilliant. My heart wants to see Nicholas Lyndhurst and David Jason reunite for a sort of final send off, but my head says don't bother.

Friday's wasn't as funny I don't think, but it was a bit more like the old episodes. Actors seemed more comfortable and what not.

I'm not liking these new characters pointlessly coming into it though. The Irish neighbour from the first episode and this junkie that lived with Pete, who seems to play a big part in episode 3.

I don't think Still Game falls under the same category as the other old shows that have been remade. Still Game never really ended, it just kinda stopped. Carrying on was always on the cards.

I agree though that the classics shouldn't really be tampered with. Look at Only Fools for example. They've not made an episode for 15 years yet it's still brilliant. My heart wants to see Nicholas Lyndhurst and David Jason reunite for a sort of final send off, but my head says don't bother.

Still game has been not bad imo

People will greet about anything.

Better call Saul

Still game has been not bad imo

People will greet about anything.

Agreed

plus if there are changes with the odd neW character i am happy with that !

Christ it happens in every series

CHANGE IS THE WAY FORWARD.

I P Knightley

2007 series on Netflix.

Having missed Still Game until it came onto Netflix, I caught up with that series a couple of weeks ago. It was not as strong as the earlier stuff and closer in feel to what's been in the last two episodes. It's still better than many sitcoms you'll see and I wouldn't expect it to be side-splitting every minute of the show. 

I found it interesting to see the auld guys now that the actors are actually getting auld. Made it better for me.

With all these shows, though, you get a new series and it reminds you of John Cleese and Connie Booth's wisdom in stopping Fawlty Towers after 12 episodes.

Watched both, liked both.

It'll probably take a few episodes to get back into the swing of things, but it's been enjoyable so far.

Say What Again

Watched both, liked both.

It'll probably take a few episodes to get back into the swing of things, but it's been enjoyable so far.

That's where I'm at too.

I've enjoyed both and I've laughed out at a couple of bits in each episode.

Better call Saul

Enjoying it tonighti.........special guest stars....the drug boy is funny

neville has got bloody old ..nevet knew he was a dentist as well as a bricklayer

Салатные палочки

neville has got bloody old ..nevet knew he was a dentist as well as a bricklayer

Wonder if Brenda looks as old. She was a tidy boiler back in the day.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

She appeared in an omd video, maid of orleans.

Edited by Dutchmul

Maroon Sailor

She appeared in an omd video, maid of orleans.

You learn something every day

Always liked Neville and Brenda in this clip

2:44

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Methadone Mick is the funniest character I've seen on the telly since Chris Moltisanti.

Didn't enjoy that one on first viewing

Will watch again because, whilst it had funny moments (the penguin and riddler scene for example) I don't know, methadone Mick is not my cup of tea.

For example.

Episode 2 showed him meeting Winston and Boabby but he knew jack and victor or more oddly, they knew him?

May have missed something but will watch it again and hope it's better

letsalldothebeattie

Last 2 episodes have been more like it from the Craiglang gang. As I said before the first episode was fine but I knew they would get better and they have. Loving Methadone Mick since hes come in, losing Pete The Jackey was always going to be a loss to the show as when hes in episodes he is hilarious. Methadone Mick is a perfect replacement

chester copperpot

Re watched after not enjoying it last night (I had a few sherries)

Was much better this morning and actually quite enjoyed it.

Better call Saul

For an 80s bird she wasn't a bad bit of crumpet even better when I seen her in that nurses uniform in the second series

Loved all series and specials before but I am so so with the last 3, all have had their moments but maybe I am expecting too much.

jambos are go!

Given the torn faced disasters who inhabit this board the mixed reviews seem a clear indication that the new series is a success. IMO.

ToadKiller Dog

Back in the 90s in Dundee there was a struck off dentist who worked from his house in hilltown .

Last nights episode was getting nearer their best stuff .

queensferryjambo

I love Still Game but have been struggling to get into the new series.

I have to say though I thought the last series before it stopped was starting to run out of ideas. I also thought it stopped at the right time but for all the wrong reasons. 

Methadone Mick and other such Ned / Junkie / Weegie characters have been tried again and again by multiple Scottish TV programmes and IMO Mick doesn't work or fit into the Still Game set up.

It hasn't been great but it has been far from awful. Hopefully it will get better as it goes.