Still game returns tonight !

Better call Saul

Carl Fredrickson

A quick check on IMDB and she has been acting for many a year. From Naked Video to Trainspotting and she also writes. 

The make up on many of them is great. 

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peter_hmfc

• Maroon Sailor

• iantjambo

• AlimOzturk

Second episode was absolutely dire, so many of the jokes are just old pensioners saying "***ker" and "hawf-wit".

I genuinely don't understand what people see in it, I genuinely don't.

Doesn't look like Amy MacDonald is going to be in it at all either. The possibility of a cameo from her was the only reason I put myself through the last series.

I found it funny at parts, not so funny at others.

They should make this the last series and go back to just doing new year specials, and put it on instead of OAE. At least there would be something worth watching. Always loved the new year specials they used to make, my favourite probably being either when they went to the islands or when they were stuck in the lift.

Kennedy Bakircioglu

I can't believe how bad episode 2 was. I'm almost hoping they move to a couple episodes a year so it doesn't tarnish the first few series which were superb.

Салатные палочки
20 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

A quick check on IMDB and she has been acting for many a year. From Naked Video to Trainspotting and she also writes. 

I remember her playing a teenager in Rab C when they won the holiday to the Costa Del Sol. 

On 17/03/2018 at 02:07, peter_hmfc said:

Second episode was absolutely dire, so many of the jokes are just old pensioners saying "***ker" and "hawf-wit".

Doesn't look like Amy MacDonald is going to be in it at all either. The possibility of a cameo from her was the only reason I put myself through the last series.

Why do you keep watching the show if you think it is so bad?

31 minutes ago, Ministry said:

Why do you keep watching the show if you think it is so bad?

Would you prefer I just write-off the new series altogether instead of giving it a chance to see if it gets better?

8 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Would you prefer I just write-off the new series altogether instead of giving it a chance to see if it gets better?

Haha makes no difference to me mate. I haven't really watched the new Still Game series. 

I seem to recall you didnt like the previous series either, so yeah it might be worth just writing it off and seeing if you can find a comedy you enjoy. 

1 hour ago, Ministry said:

Haha makes no difference to me mate. I haven't really watched the new Still Game series. 

I seem to recall you didnt like the previous series either, so yeah it might be worth just writing it off and seeing if you can find a comedy you enjoy. 

Then why did you comment on it then :lol: ?

The main reason I watched the last series was because they were dropping massive hints that Amy MacDonald would make a cameo appearance, which NEVER happened :rolleyes: .

Edited by peter_hmfc

Regal Kingston
On 16/03/2018 at 22:38, Carl Fredrickson said:

If I remember correctly Tams wife is one of the three people that interview Spud for the Leisure Centre job in Trainspotting.  

On 17/03/2018 at 02:07, peter_hmfc said:

I tend to go into each episode not expecting much to be honest. It’s thanks to that approach that I’ve quite enjoyed the first couple of episodes.

chester copperpot
2 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

Then why did you comment on it then :lol: ?

The main reason I watched the last series was because they were dropping massive hints that Amy MacDonald would make a cameo appearance, which NEVER happened :rolleyes: .

We all remember both our love for Amy McDonald mate. Remember? 

Anyways I just enjoy Still Game as it still has a few laughs for me. Nothing like it was but no way as bad as some make out (methadone mick apart, he should just OD as his patter is chronic)

"What are you doing?"

"A shite, now am daeing a pish."

Rivetting television.

Shite, utter utter shite.

Better call Saul

What is the story with Methadone Micks Teath? Top set look like they have been done in towie but the bottom set look yellow 

Francis Albert

Quite like Two Doors Down despite it being weegie and its dated homophobia but Still Game is embarrsssingly bad.

2 minutes ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

**** it. I liked it. 

yep, that was a good episode, it was good they took inspiration from scott brown with their tackles

"It's like fitba, but wioot the skill or speed, or urgency" 

"What, like Partick Thistle?" 

:sweeet:

Had to chuckle at the hearts reference too. Second time the famous have been mentioned in still game 

Just now, milky_26 said:

yep, that was a good episode, it was good they took inspiration from scott brown with their tackles

Navid as a hatchet man was absolutely tremendous

Just now, Thommo414 said:

i was expecting big innes to appear not navid

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i was expecting big innes to appear not navid

Half hoped for innes with a bottle of midori but didn't think they'd do an episode without Navid. Either way, still a glorious cameo 

11 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Was expecting Mina for some reason.

Doctor FinnBarr
19 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

How would they hide her face on a fitba pitch?

19 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

That would've been something else entirely. Probably a complete jump the shark moment if ever there was one, however 

gashauskis9

I must admit, that was a good episode tonight.  One thing I’ll always say for Hemphill and Kiernan, their writing is always topical, walking football is all the rage at the mo.

Hope Mick wears that dug suit for the rest of the series.  Any excuse not to look at his glaikit puss.

William H. Bonney
14 minutes ago, bikerjambo said:

John Sutton managed it. 

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

John Sutton managed it. 

Only with us, scored goals for fun everyplace else

29 minutes ago, bikerjambo said:

Not sure, probably by using the same sort of tactics they've used for seven series plus a live show.

Really was a superb episode tonight. 

Navids slide tackle :rofl:kicking Winston's leg off :rofl:

Wish they would ditch methadone mick. He isn't funny at all.  

Shooter McGavin

“2 pints ya gasbag f**** b******”

“Methadone Mick” cutting about in a dog costume.

Woeful viewing I’m afraid. Had hope for this episode when I heard it was football related. 

Edited by Shooter McGavin

Looks like they’ve resorted to ripping ideas from Father Ted as well. Original running of the series was good but these last two seasons have been shite. 

8 hours ago, bikerjambo said:

I've been asking the same question about John mcginn.

Harry Potter
33 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Sadly the magic has gone. Embarrassingly unfunny last night. 

i thought it was ok, but i have got a soft spot for the programme.

jambos are go!

Boaby collapsing having 18 stents in his Heart  and up and  about in a few days was a bit ludicrous  but they are creating  some funny comic  moments  in each show so far . IMO.

13 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

"What are you doing?"

"A shite, now am daeing a pish."

Rivetting television.

Shite, utter utter shite.

Still watching aye?

3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

i thought it was ok, but i have got a soft spot for the programme.

So do I which just makes it even more sad personally that it's way way past its best. 

I enjoyed it had a few laughs.

It's not nearly as funny as it used to be though.

I have been watching old episodes on you tube and still find them hilarious even after several watches.

I don't think this series or the last one will stand the test of time though. I can't imagine watching them multiple times like the old ones.

A show that used to have at least 2 roll about laughing bits an episode, spent the new series smiling rather than laughing, odd moments are amusing but it's certainly not as good as early series.

Better than the shite before it and other sitcoms but not as good as it was as it seems rushed.

Not terrible and not great, which is unfortunate as still game was constantly great.

Mick needs to go as he's just annoying.

Bunny Munro
23 hours ago, benny said:

Great in parts tonight.

Spoiled by methadone Mick.

No point to his character or storyline tonight.

This is where I am.

The best thing about the Auld still game was it’s free flowing patter, believable storylines and general Scottish oap life. It’s lost everything that made it great. Honestly breaks my heart

chester copperpot
21 hours ago, EreWeG0.. said:

A show that used to have at least 2 roll about laughing bits an episode, spent the new series smiling rather than laughing, odd moments are amusing but it's certainly not as good as early series.

Better than the shite before it and other sitcoms but not as good as it was as it seems rushed.

Not terrible and not great, which is unfortunate as still game was constantly great.

Mick needs to go as he's just annoying.

This is exactly how I feel too.

Still have a few laughs here and there but not the proper crying with laughter moments it used to have.

If they continue with methadone Mick though I can me stopping watching it.

gashauskis9

I’ve got a bit too sentimental with the core characters and the concept, but to be fair that’s what it’s all about.  The storylines will naturally get weaker and new characters won’t land very well, but it’s Still Game and i’ll always love it regardless.

On the methadone Mick debate, what annoys me most about that character is that he comes across as more of a childish/neddish annoyance than a junkie.  Pete the jakey was a good jakey so therefore made the character his own.  My only hope is that they force Mick to wear that dug costume for the rest of the series.

I thought it was absolutely hilarious. I was in tears at Navid. 

We got a wee mention (kind of) with Heart Attack Midlothian.

Best episode of the seasons so far.
I missed the last seaosn but thought Meth Mick was alright. Can see why he would be annoying if he was in every episode but I think the actor playing him does a decent job.