Still game returns tonight !

Better call Saul

Absolutely dreadful :lol: .

I know I said I wouldn't watch it but I knew I'd resort to it eventually. Fans will have waited so many years for that :rofl: .

Better than Father Ted aye :rofl: ? Strange people.

Watched it so he could come on here and slate it :lol:

Strange person

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peter_hmfc

• Maroon Sailor

• iantjambo

• AlimOzturk

Have always loved still game and was worried about wisdom of bringing it back in case they ruined legacy. Dont think they have done yet but I hope it improves

Better call Saul

The money thing at the end with Winston and his brother confused me a bit !!

unless there is an add-on to it next few episodes .

Maroon Sailor

The money thing at the end with Winston and his brother confused me a bit !!

unless there is an add-on to it next few episodes .

Winston and his brother didn't work - desperate springs to mind

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Winston and his brother didn't work - desperate springs to mind

Have to agree, unless it's getting followed on later in the the series then it seemed a bit pointless.

letsalldothebeattie

Overall I enjoyed it laughed a few times but to me it was quite a slow to get going. I hope that over the coming weeks it gets back to its brilliance again

Had a few half decent moments, but the endings of both main storylines - Jack in the bath and Winston's brother - were both anti-climactic, or, in the latter case, non-existent. Reminded me of writing stories myself in primary school and never getting round to finishing them.

Have I Got News For You immediately before it, on the other hand, was rather good.

Edited by Thaw

It's a good show and a despicable little country. If you don't like that, vote No.

It's a thread about a TV show.

Get the hell over yourself !

Салатные палочки

Had a few half decent moments, but the endings of both main storylines - Jack in the bath and Winston's brother - were both anti-climactic, or, in the latter case, non-existent. Reminded me of writing stories myself in primary school and never getting round to finishing them.

Have I Got News For You immediately before it, on the other hand, was rather good.

HIGNFY is consistently good and even when it's not, it's usually down to the guests or host.

As for Still Game, I laughed a couple of times but overall I thought it was pretty poor. I really hope it improves but I have a feeling that by the end of the series you could condense the best bits into a half hour show. Hope I'm wrong though.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I thought it was good, not a patch on previous shows though. Personally, I think they should go back to making a hogmanay special every year instead of making a new series.

Chuckled at a few bits but pretty disappointed.

The show introduced a new word into my vocabulary though.

Clackerbag :lol:

I'm sure it's been used before I'm Still Game. But, yes, it is a great word.

Watched it so he could come on here and slate it :lol:

Strange person

Watched it as knew everyone else in the country would be watching it, and that I'd eventually end up watching it at some point.

Nice try though :rofl: .

Carl Fredrickson

Having recently watched (again) the previous 6 series, I was concerned that they wouldnt reach these heights again. 

Whilst last night wasnt side splitting funny, I did laugh at Victor on the pan, the "arm and a leg" line from Eric and Victor getting the stone to keep his keys in. 

I think their is still enough laughs to keep me watching but does anyone know what was different about the production? Was it filmed in higher def than previous series? I found it a bit off putting for a while. 

O and HIGNFY was extremely funny with Kevin Bridges comment about doing something to a pig leaving me in tears. 

Having recently watched (again) the previous 6 series, I was concerned that they wouldnt reach these heights again.

Whilst last night wasnt side splitting funny, I did laugh at Victor on the pan, the "arm and a leg" line from Eric and Victor getting the stone to keep his keys in.

I think their is still enough laughs to keep me watching but does anyone know what was different about the production? Was it filmed in higher def than previous series? I found it a bit off putting for a while.

O and HIGNFY was extremely funny with Kevin Bridges comment about doing something to a pig leaving me in tears.

I think it was higher def. It's been 8 or 9 years since the last series was aired.

Imagine making a point of telling strangers that you thought something was shite and wasn't going to watch it, only to watch it to come and tell the same strangers that he thought that it was shite.

:laugh:

Was pretty average, but not too bad. I think there was a bit too much build up the last couple of weeks. Maybe suffered a wee bit from that

Imagine making a point of telling strangers that you thought something was shite and wasn't going to watch it, only to watch it to come and tell the same strangers that he thought that it was shite.

:laugh:

Imagine thinking a TV show about pensioners swearing and calling each other ******s is shite and that you're not going to watch it, then deciding to give it another chance due to the lengthy and excessive hype and reviews of the preceding stage show and run-up to the series debut, only to watch it and be disappointed they've stuck to the same tired routine since the last series 9 years ago.

Edited by peter_hmfc

Imagine thinking a TV show about pensioners swearing and calling each other ******s is shite and that you're not going to watch it, then deciding to give it another chance due to the lengthy and excessive hype and reviews of the preceding stage show and run-up to the series debut, only to watch it and be disappointed they've stuck to the same tired routine since the last series 9 years ago.

You're very upset about something you decried as shite before it even aired.

Why is that?

You're very upset about something you decried as shite before it even aired.

Why is that?

If by "upset" you mean "expected more from", then yes, let's pretend I was "upset".

I "upset" from Still Game after it was so talked about. I "upset" it after it was so long in the making.

If by "upset" you mean "expected more from", then yes, let's pretend I was "upset".

I "upset" from Still Game after it was so talked about. I "upset" it after it was so long in the making.

Sounds like you were looking forward to the new series and feel let down that it wasn't as good as you hoped it would be.

Which makes telling us all that it's 'shite' that little bit stranger.

Sounds like you were looking forward to the new series and feel let down that it wasn't as good as you hoped it would be.

Which makes telling us all that it's 'shite' that little bit stranger.

I think you need to reread my posts again if that's what you think.

I'll wait... .

MacDonald Jardine

I loved Still Game when it was in its pomp.

But that last night was dire.

It wasn't the best.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

:sob:

Don't know if I want to watch it now, loved Still Game but I'm wondering whether to just leave it to save any disappointment???????

Thing about still game is it wasn't ever roar out funny. It was about the characters. Last night was funny but not enough tam, Bobby or navid. It will get better and I will be at the live show in Feb.

Maroon Sailor

It was disappointing. Hopefully the series will get better but it smacked of running out of ideas.

Half the episode was about Jack being stuck in a bath - absolutely chronic

Harry Potter

Thought it was very funny, key in the stone was well thought out, and the introduction

of Winstons brother was an added laugh.

Bobby looking a bit bigger behind the bar.

Regal Kingston

I laughed a lot!

Brilliant to have it back.

I think a few people on here were watching wanting it to fail. I would hate to be like that.

It had its moments.

The HD format and the camera angles makes it feel different though, the actors as well seem out of touch and not so relaxed in their roles, trying to hard to get in the funniest moments from the last series (The boaby put down, isa gabbing and navid & mina)

Hopefully it will get better as it goes, but there was enough laughs for me to give it pass marks.

Maroon Sailor

It had its moments.

The HD format and the camera angles makes it feel different though, the actors as well seem out of touch and not so relaxed in their roles, trying to hard to get in the funniest moments from the last series (The boaby put down, isa gabbing and navid & mina)

Hopefully it will get better as it goes, but there was enough laughs for me to give it pass marks.

I think that sums it up pretty well

It had its moments.

That's a pretty accurate assessment.

chester copperpot

It's like supporting Hearts.

Some seasons are barry, some are shite.

This series so far scrapes into the top 6

Laughed more last week than I did tnite but there was still some good bits

Edited by chester copperpot

Never actually found the Irish funny.

I also haven't watched a lot of Still Game over the years it was aired , the odd episode now and again. Watched Chewin the Fat.

Us Scots are far funnier. Even if Still Game isn't as good as expected it's still funnier listening to two old farts swearing and handing out some abuse than puting up with even more hyped Irish humour....

I didn't watch any of the old still game but found myself watching last week, which I found mildly funny. Tuned in tonight and didn't laugh once. Doubt I'll watch next week

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I found this week's one much better. There were more characters involved so the show didn't get bogged down.

The thing with comedy though is it's all about your own sense of humour and the things in life you can relate to.

For instance if you are a self loathing Scotsman who hates Scotland you probably have made your mind up already that it's pish. After all everything about Scotland is pish in your eyes.

Placid Casual

Never actually found the Irish funny.

I also haven't watched a lot of Still Game over the years it was aired , the odd episode now and again. Watched Chewin the Fat.

Us Scots are far funnier. Even if Still Game isn't as good as expected it's still funnier listening to two old farts swearing and handing out some abuse than puting up with even more hyped Irish humour....

Honestly don't know what the **** you're talking about??

Honestly don't know what the **** you're talking about??

Sounds like he's saying Mrs Browns boys and Father Ted are pish. He's right. Edited by aussieh

Seymour M Hersh

I have never watched the show but interestingly it appears to be getting the same sort of reaction that the two national BBC re-boots got recently (Are You Being Served and Porridge).  Message to the beeb. Stop wasting our money on trying to bring back shows from a previous era that doesn't work now. Get some decent writers and start anew. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh