What a shocking game this is

mr fox

I think there is a group of Hearts fans who have convinced themselves that we play poor football and need to change the manager/ DoF. They are going into games expecting to be disappointed and are looking for evidence to confirm their expectations. Yesterday was a good example of where they had seen enough evidence in the first 30minutes and nothing could change their view after that. There are another large group of fans who seem to be ready to join the massively negative squad when things aren't going our way (like the Ross County result). The result is that this place often seems to swing from 'we can win the league' to 'we are going to get relegated' with no in between. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doctor FinnBarr

We had more possession, more shots at goal, more shots on target, more corners...oh, and we scored more goals.

And they should've won you say?

I think McCrae is still a wee bit upset that Budge and Levein sent his laddie packing

I think McCrae is still a wee bit upset that Budge and Levein sent his laddie packing

Legit?

I think there is a group of Hearts fans who have convinced themselves that we play poor football and need to change the manager/ DoF. They are going into games expecting to be disappointed and are looking for evidence to confirm their expectations. Yesterday was a good example of where they had seen enough evidence in the first 30minutes and nothing could change their view after that. There are another large group of fans who seem to be ready to join the massively negative squad when things aren't going our way (like the Ross County result). The result is that this place often seems to swing from 'we can win the league' to 'we are going to get relegated' with no in between. 

Definitely seems to be true - online at least. Everyone else who follows Hearts knows that every season there will always be games we play really well in and lose - e.g. St J - and games we play relatively poorly in and win - e.g. yesterday. 

Last season we played poorly in the second half of the season and created few chances but still did enough to get third. Folk complained they wanted to see better football.

This season we've been playing much better and creating lots of chances but not always getting the breaks so far, and folk are complaining we need better results. So basically they want consistently good football AND winning football, which is asking for a lot! I'm not sure how they will ever enjoy being Hearts fans to be honest if that's their expectations.

My Motherwell supporting friends said we were excellent, thought we were one of the best sides they've played in a long time. I thought we were pretty timid first half but much much better 2nd. He thought Watt, Dijoum and Kitchen were stand outs and he thought Sam was class before his injury. Said that if we had strikers who could score it could've been another 6 nil.

I could be wrong but are we not already Seven points better off than last seasons games vs Aberdeen/Hamilton Accies/Inverness Caley?I'm positive in games 6/7/8 we lost to All Three teams might be dreaming though.

Bazzas right boot

I could be wrong but are we not already Seven points better off than last seasons games vs Aberdeen/Hamilton Accies/Inverness Caley?I'm positive in games 6/7/8 we lost to All Three teams might be dreaming though.

Depends if round of fixtures or exact fixtures.

Aberdeen, piont better off

Caley we beat at home, same

Ross county 2 worse off

Celtic same

Hamilton same

Motherwell 2 better off

Saints 1 worse off.

If we can beat Killie and Dundee then it becomes more positive, we drew with both at home first time round last year.

Bazzas right boot

My Motherwell supporting friends said we were excellent, thought we were one of the best sides they've played in a long time. I thought we were pretty timid first half but much much better 2nd. He thought Watt, Dijoum and Kitchen were stand outs and he thought Sam was class before his injury. Said that if we had strikers who could score it could've been another 6 nil.

I thought it was a very good away performance, even the first half was competent, if a little toothless.

I thought it was a very good away performance, even the first half was competent, if a little toothless.

That's exactly what it was.

Either the op is hibs or is a sky TV fan who watches multi million pound players from his armchair and then wonders why we don't play like that.

Either way, a loser in life.

Bazzas right boot

That's exactly what it was.

Either the op is hibs or is a sky TV fan who watches multi million pound players from his armchair and then wonders why we don't play like that.

Either way, a loser in life.

Or  simply, a daftie!

either way, your statement is 100% correct

Archived