What a shocking game this is

mr fox

Best part of the first half, until the goal, was my pie. Second half was excellent. We controlled it brilliantly and knocked the ball about really well. Watt's skill and run was outstanding.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It can be 2 opinions

1 look at the bigger picture good result but from my point of view the game was poor

2 people only look at the result

sorry if certain pond dwellers only focus on the result I want to see better football it was drivel

why pretend you support Hearts? I just don't get it unless you are 12 years old

Brutal beyond belief

Absolute shocker all right.  Budge and the rest should be booted right out the door.

I can't believe how they've reduced us from near oblivion to 2nd in the Premier League.

Some people are happy as long as we win some people like to watch decent football

I am the later

:rofl:

It can be 2 opinions

1 look at the bigger picture good result but from my point of view the game was poor

2 people only look at the result

sorry if certain pond dwellers only focus on the result I want to see better football it was drivel

:rofl:

I'd much rather play poorly, score goals and pick up 3 points than the opposite..

Unknown user

Speechless at the responses

Maybe I should start taking magic mushrooms

Well this is the right time of year, and we're still before the first frost. Get up early tomorrow and get down to Vogrie :thumbsup:

Harry Potter

never understood this play well dont care if we win mentality.

What a load o pants.

Its about 3points, winning, bet hes the type that sits like a mouse in tyne.

alicante jambo

Think this is a prime example of why we should realise a game lasts 90 minutes.The first half was dire but we still went in 1 up.Very good 2nd half though.

Bazzas right boot

I agree with you but all my thread said was what a shocking GAME this is !!

Did you actually enjoy it ?

Give it up, lots of folk did.

No where near a shocking game, seen far, far worse.

I actually thought the game was decent !

Maybe not a classic, the quality in the final third is not fantastic, but both teams tried to pass and play football. Hearts in particular.

Bartoline Saddletree

I enjoyed it!

Even first half, we dominated the ball and I thought Sutton in particular was ott in his criticism.

2nd half 3 great goals were scored, other chances created.

If the OP thinks that's poor, I very much doubt he's seen Hearts this season.

To play poorly, win and score 3 goals away from home is pleasing but the result just papered over our obvious cracks.

Thank the heavens for Sam and Callum's goals this year.

Gorgie_Rules

Some people are happy as long as we win some people like to watch decent football

I am the later

Proper Hibs mentality that.

In spells we controlled the game, they sat in compact which was hard to break down but overall it was a job well done.

For the record there is the odd big EPL game you watch, say Arsenal v Chelsea and it is utter dross and that is at the highest level.

We have played better than last night in recent weeks and not won, some games we are good to watch sometimes not, just like all clubs, but its a win at a tough place to go which matters most

I enjoyed it!

Even first half, we dominated the ball and I thought Sutton in particular was ott in his criticism.

2nd half 3 great goals were scored, other chances created.

If the OP thinks that's poor, I very much doubt he's seen Hearts this season.

How often do you watch a dross epl game and the commentators still giving it best league in the world stuff.

We have Sutton rippin the pish out of our game every week. So much negativity surrounding our game from those who work in or connected to I. And the thing is, I love Scottish football. That was ok last night.

If it had been the exact same game but with Epl coverage, the mouth breathing OP and his FIFA Sky, how football should be played pals would have been quite content. All about packaging.

Brick Tamland

This in no way shape or form was a shocking game.

I was there, the atmosphere was decent, and we scored 2 absolutely magnificent goals in the second half.

You seem to be typical of a certain type of poster who have either never played football at any level or just watch it on TV or just play FIFA or a combination of all 3.

Whenever we had possession motherwell had 10 men behind the ball every single time and from a tactic point of view we did really well to be patient in our build up to try and break them down. If you break the game down to that it was very good watching how we tried to do it, it meant that it wasn't free flowing and dynamic which is what the plastic fans want to see but it can never be that against a team with a bank of 10 and often 11 men behind the ball, but watching it for what it was, was very good, we were very good.

We also had 17 shots at goal, numerous blocked shots some flashes of exceptional skill, some great defending and the referee was shite too but we came away with a solid performance and 3 points.

If you thought this game was a shocker then football isn't for you, you should head back to h1b5.

I was there, the atmosphere was decent, and we scored 2 absolutely magnificent goals in the second half.

You seem to be typical of a certain type of poster who have either never played football at any level or just watch it on TV or just play FIFA or a combination of all 3.

Whenever we had possession motherwell had 10 men behind the ball every single time and from a tactic point of view we did really well to be patient in our build up to try and break them down. If you break the game down to that it was very good watching how we tried to do it, it meant that it wasn't free flowing and dynamic which is what the plastic fans want to see but it can never be that against a team with a bank of 10 and often 11 men behind the ball, but watching it for what it was, was very good, we were very good.

We also had 17 shots at goal, numerous blocked shots some flashes of exceptional skill, some great defending and the referee was shite too but we came away with a solid performance and 3 points.

If you thought this game was a shocker then football isn't for you, you should head back to h1b5.

Excellent summary of it mate

Excellent summary of it mate. Some people totally disregard the opposition.

agree....i think some supporters run down their team too easy and fail to recognise they are actually quite good!

A Motherwell team sitting in says it all considering it's not been a happy hunting ground of late.

You have lost the plot my man

My point is the game was shocking not hearts there could be many reasons for this, could have been motherwells tactics etc etc.

As for your comment I haven't played football I can assure you I have and at a decent level

How you come to that because I suggest that this was a poor game is complete bollocks

Look no more from me here I am hearts daft but last night that game was crap

Why don't you just admit you started this thread too early ?

The first half was poor but if you are not happy about the second half you need another hobby as football's clearly not your thing.

Both teams opened up in the second half and made for a good game. After Callum 's

screamer Hearts played some great stuff. It's amazing what confidence can do.

Even Chris Sutton says we could be a force to be reckoned with if we can be more consistent.

We played better v Ross county and never won so a wee bit of luck 2 belters , I'll take it knowing we can do so much better

Three of the best goals you will see all season yet the OP says what a shocking game this is. What a shocking thread this is more like. Instead of admitting he started the thread too soon he digs his heels in and keeps digging.

Great result.... but this was far from a fantastic performance. We scored two great individual goals, but as a team we didn't do that well.

Motherwell had far too many chances and we could easily have lost that game. Our strikers are not doing well and look isolated.

Bartoline Saddletree

Great result.... but this was far from a fantastic performance. We scored two great individual goals, but as a team we didn't do that well.

Motherwell had far too many chances and we could easily have lost that game. Our strikers are not doing well and look isolated.

At no point did I feel we were going to lose that game.

Funny how we all see things differently....

Motherwell sat in and their only tactic going forward was to get crosses in early, 99% of which we dealt with.

They were hard to break down and we needed luck and a great strike to do it (plus another for measure). We did all the pressing and may have done better with more guile from our CF. It wasn't samba style stuff but it was an honest, professional performance and there were flashes of brilliance.

Far from tosh. I genuinely find Barca boring though so there ye go.

Look no more from me here I am hearts daft but last night that game was crap

Ha ha. What a hoot of a thread. :) Here, fixed your comment for you.

I really  don't know what level of quality some folk are expecting from a league whose teams are mostly made up of emerging youngsters and journeyman.

The Motherwell finishing was awful..... they had more than enough chances to win that game. A better team would have punished us.

Bazzas right boot

Three of the best goals you will see all season yet the OP says what a shocking game this is. What a shocking thread this is more like. Instead of admitting he started the thread too soon he digs his heels in and keeps digging.

even if started early, it was no where near a "shocking" game.

Bazzas right boot

The Motherwell finishing was awful..... they had more than enough chances to win that game. A better team would have punished us.

We had more chances....

Teams will create against us. What you expecting?

Teams to sit back and bend over for us. They're a decent side.

I really don't know what level of quality some folk are expecting from a league whose teams are mostly made up of emerging youngsters and journeyman.

Spot on.

They didn't have any more chances than you would expect a decent side to have at home.

We won comfortably imo.

Bazzas right boot

This game is much poorer, both sides are playing poor, Dundee have barely strung two pass's together.

They didn't have any more chances than you would expect a decent side to have at home.

We won comfortably imo.

1 good chance the header they missed first half

Nothing more

Our defence can look vulnerable but fairly comfortable last night

1 good chance the header they missed first half

Nothing more

Our defence can look vulnerable but fairly comfortable last night

Agreed. He is probably counting Scott McDonalds snap shot which went high and wide as well as Jack's save. Seems our opponents are not supposed to have any chances though.

What about Mcdonalds bitching about the offside though ? The ref should have booked him for stupidity lol

Football is about entertainment. The only exception to this is with Hearts and Scotland play, then it's about the 3 points.

Football is about entertainment. The only exception to this is with Hearts and Scotland play, then it's about the 3 points.

Correct. But it also comes down to what you call entertainment.

Barca and Real's primadonnas turning out for the Spanish Auld Firm or the overhyped nonsense down south, or the closed shop billionaires playground of the CL. Not for me.

All about packaging. No substance.

We had more chances than them so what is your point? Stop trying to have a pop at Hearts and look at the actual stats.

We had more chances than them so what is your point? Stop trying to have a pop at Hearts and look at the actual stats.

Totally agree But here's a surprise the BBC highlights on their website make it look much more a Motherwell game than Hearts . They choose to omit Walker clean through and the various other chances we created first half , don't get BBC's agenda / approach to highlights . We completely dominated the first half yet that's not the opinion your left with !!

We had more possession, more shots at goal, more shots on target, more corners...oh, and we scored more goals.

And they should've won you say?

Archived