Rangers in for Berra!!!!

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

just on real radio, Rangers are preparing a 1 million!!!! bid!!! Also we have knocked back 700k plus add ons from Burnley for Driiver.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Old Tolbooth

1 million for Berra?

It's not like one of the ugly sisters to think they can steal players on the cheap now is it?

Tell them to GTF!

Ranger continue to scrabble around unsettling other clubs players with their ridiculous bids. The same filthy tactic they and their equally vile cousins have been using for years.

So just a minute

We knock back ?1.5m from Wolves and Rangers come in with ?1m

Are they fecking stupid?

Only a Game
just on real radio, Rangers are preparing a 1 million!!!! bid!!! Also we have knocked back 700k plus add ons from Burnley for Driiver.

Surely a non starter since we just knocked back ?1.5 million from Wolves ?

Must be getting close to the right price for Driver though......... ?700k !!!!!...........Take it.

1 million for Berra?

It's not like one of the ugly sisters to think they can steal players on the cheap now is it?

Tell them to GTF!

Is it just me or does anyone else think we should cash on Berra?? He's totally overrated - no positional sense, weak in the air and about a vocal as a mute pike

Guest JamboRobbo
So just a minute

Are they fecking stupid?

Was that a rhetorical question? :P Of course they are.

So just a minute

Are they fecking stupid?

Got it in one

They are truly filth.

How much did they bid for Reynolds??

?200k?

Is it just me or does anyone else think we should cash on Berra?? He's totally overrated - no positional sense, weak in the air and about a vocal as a mute pike

There's been a big thread about this already.

I think you're being overly harsh, but do agree that he's overrated - under normal circumstances, I'd think that at ?1.5-2 million we should cash in on him. As things are, though, I'd even like to see us holding on to average players like Berra and Driver, basically because I'd be worried about who we'd replace them with.

Edit : Also wouldn't want us to sell him to Rangers for any less than ?2.5 million.

Maybe der huns have told Vlad that ?1m in Scottish pounds is worth ?1.5m English pounds?

Why would they need Berra when thay have now signed Webster from Wigan?

since when did real radio become a credible source of football reporting?

:wacko:

Only a Game

Yes we should, but not for less than ?2 million (and not to Rangers for less than ?2.5m). He's rated by a lot of people, (over rated IMO) and he''s just had his first cap.

since when did real radio become a credible source of football reporting?

:wacko:

Since when did Kickback need a decent source to go into overdrive? :P

Guest JamboRobbo
Maybe der huns have told Vlad that ?1m in Scottish pounds is worth ?1.5m English pounds?

Or maybe they are just hoping Pedro might get confused again, like when he gave a player more money that his agent had asked for.

Seymour M Hersh
Got it in one

They are truly filth.

How much did they bid for Reynolds??

?200k?

I thought they bid ?1m for Reynolds or was that just their apologists in the media.

Gigolo-Aunt

Heard yesterday that Gow was being thrown in to the deal....

Not a great source btw

marshallschunkychicken
Sounds like we have a fire sale going on :mad:

Someone else puts in a bid for our players, and that means we have a firesale going on?

How's that work then?

Only a Game
I thought they bid ?1m for Reynolds or was that just their apologists in the media.

I thought it was 700k they had knocked back and were going back in at ?1million. Dont know if they have yet. If they are going for Berra it would seem they think Reynolds is too much money.

On the pike?

Yes. Muteness counts as a disability, and it isn't fair to laugh at these things. :mad:

Edit : It can't even stick up for itself. Grrr. :mad:

The Old Tolbooth
Yes. Muteness counts as a disability, and it isn't fair to laugh at these things. :mad:

Edit : It can't even stick up for itself. Grrr. :mad:

:D

maroonlegions
There's been a big thread about this already.

I think you're being overly harsh, but do agree that he's overrated - under normal circumstances, I'd think that at ?1.5-2 million we should cash in on him. As things are, though, I'd even like to see us holding on to average players like Berra and Driver, basically because I'd be worried about who we'd replace them with.

Edit : Also wouldn't want us to sell him to Rangers for any less than ?2.5 million.

that is the BIG question in my mind and concern , what kind of replacement will we get for Berra and Driver if they go, there is no guarantees they will be rep[laced with similar ability's.:cool:

Gauranteed he will become a regular for scotland now

I hate Scottish football!

Chad Sexington

This has been a strange close season.

So many players being linked with a move away, hardly any players being linked with us.

The sooner we get a manager in, who has a list of players he wants to bring to the club, the better.

FWIW, I'd bite your hand off for ?2 million for Berra...regardless who's bidding.

Only a Game
Someone else puts in a bid for our players, and that means we have a firesale going on?

How's that work then?

Well we dont seem to be discouraging bids for ANYONE right now. Perhaps thats what he meant.

I think Romanov would sell every first team player we had last season, get the debt down to less than ?15m and see if he cant sell us before he has to finally commit to building the new stand. If not he'll go with kids for next season.

You just cant see an influx of quality players happening at all here.

Gigolo-Aunt
Gauranteed he will become a regular for scotland now

I hate Scottish football!

Just like...

Kevin Thompson

Steven Whittaker

Pretty sure they have not become Scotland regulars due to moving west.

that is the BIG question in my mind and concern , what kind of replacement will we get for Berra and Driver if they go, there is no guarantees they will be rep[laced with similar ability's.:cool:

Quite the opposite. Romanov hasnt replaced any sold player with better. I dont think we have even matched replacements by way of effective SPL performers

Its a new breed of Hearts fan now though.

Damn the football, sell everything thats worth over 50 bob

Its quite bizarre

So just a minute

Are they fecking stupid?

I'd take a million plus Boyd.

Quite the opposite. Romanov hasnt replaced any sold player with better.

That's a fact.

Interesting slant.

Boyd wouldnt come though IMO. Why would he?

Only a Game
Quite the opposite. Romanov hasnt replaced any sold player with better. I dont think we have even matched replacements by way of effective SPL performers

Its a new breed of Hearts fan now though.

Damn the football, sell everything thats worth over 50 bob

Its quite bizarre

You could argue (and we have done) that Kingston was a better player for Hartley but thats the only time we have replaced an outgoing player with at least similar quality, and even then Kingston is purely a cash investment just waiting to be cashed in upon when the time is right.

I really do sometimes wonder what planet some people live on.

marshallschunkychicken
Well we dont seem to be discouraging bids for ANYONE right now. Perhaps thats what he meant.

I think Romanov would sell every first team player we had last season, get the debt down to less than ?15m and see if he cant sell us before he has to finally commit to building the new stand. If not he'll go with kids for next season.

You just cant see an influx of quality players happening at all here.

Not to be a pedant, but the same story stated that we have knocked back a bid for Driver!

I'm not happy with the goings on at Hearts at the moment, the same as everyone else, but I don't see how Hearts can prevent other teams being interested in their players.

As it stands, we haven't got rid of anyone who we didn't expect to be leaving anyway that I can tell.

Fair play, if we ACTUALLY sell all our best players for less than their values, it's a firesale. That may happen, but right now all I can see are teams being rebuffed with their bids.

LOL

Thats going to happen.

SEVEN MILLION PLUS BOYD, CUELLAR AND MCGREGOR SHOULD BE ABOUT ENOUGH.

Only a Game
Interesting slant.

Apparently we are struggling to convince Gow to come. We have no chance whatsoever of convincing Boyd to come and we couldn't afford him even if he bled maroon and came out the closet as a life long Jambo.

Gigolo-Aunt
SEVEN MILLION PLUS BOYD, CUELLAR AND MCGREGOR SHOULD BE ABOUT ENOUGH.

;)

We could also push for a % of any potential next sale.

Interesting slant.

Of course he wouldn't, any sane professional with ambitions to do well in their career wouldn't even consider a move to MadVlads Travelling Circus.

;)

We could also push for a % of any potential next sale.

:D

Maybe an extra couple of million or so when he plays five games, I don't like to see us selling our best players but I'd reluctantly agree to see him go for that.

You could argue (and we have done) that Kingston was a better player for Hartley but thats the only time we have replaced an outgoing player with at least similar quality, and even then Kingston is purely a cash investment just waiting to be cashed in upon when the time is right.

Hartley's contribution compared to Kingston's ? Surely not, PH hands down, in fact by a country mile.

You could - although I specifically used the word effective.

Kingston hasnt been as effective as Hartley.

He had the potential to be better, but thats why the selection of players joining a club is so important, so crucial the manager is involved.

Pinilla could have been the best SPL striking signing of the decade.

He hasnt been and his track record before he was signed kind of showed he'd need to be strongly managed and would need to change his character to adapt to the SPL

Who thought about this?

Nobody I'd wager

Only a Game
Not to be a pedant, but the same story stated that we have knocked back a bid for Driver!

I'm not happy with the goings on at Hearts at the moment, the same as everyone else, but I don't see how Hearts can prevent other teams being interested in their players.

As it stands, we haven't got rid of anyone who we didn't expect to be leaving anyway that I can tell.

Fair play, if we ACTUALLY sell all our best players for less than their values, it's a firesale. That may happen, but right now all I can see are teams being rebuffed with their bids.

Quite true, but we're not even making any half hearted pretence, even for fans consumption, of wanting to keep our best players.

Its not going to be in our best interests, even if we're selling at or above market value to have a clear out on this scale whilst there is not even a whisper of a manger coming or a list of players we might be targetting ourselves.

Agreed that nothing has happened YET but the body language coming from Hearts at the moment looks seriously worrying for next season.

Chad Sexington

We should sell Berra to a club in an unfashionable league. I don't know, say Norway or something.

Then those nasty huns would never think of signing hi...oh, hang on.

:confused:

Only a Game
Hartley's contribution compared to Kingston's ? Surely not, PH hands down, in fact by a country mile.

Ive argued in the past that Hartley was a far far more effective player than Kingston so I actually agree with that point.

But it is the ONLY case in three years that you could even possibly debate about.

This story doesn't surprise me one bit though as both Rangers and Celtic need centre halfs. Rangers with Weir likely to leave and Webster constantly injured and a fair chance bids will be forthcoming for Cuellar and Celtic with Pressley and Balde likely to leave and Kennedy still struggling. The obvious SPL choice is Berra, who would absolutely jump at the chance to move to either and can be acquired for a fairly low sum and at least proven SPL capability. Makes perfect sense and a far better move for him than Championship football.

Italian Lambretta

This is symptomatic of the way HMFC are at the moment.

No stability, No Manager and No Rants from our illustrious leader.

Rangers are now exploiting our weakness. Whether or not they actually want to sign Berra, Velicka or anyone else really doesn't matter a ******.

The fact is that Murray & Co are now putting us firmly in our place.

There is no way they would have put derisory bids for any our players 12 months ago.

In fact I would go as far to say they would not have bidded at all.

Really cheesed off at the moment with our club:mad:

Well said that man.

Off topic but hey ho, not denying that Kingston has more ability than any one else we have right now but he has sorely underperformed in the vast majority of games I've seen thus far.

How much of that is due to him being a decent enough fish in a pond of **** is one for conjecture but there can be no doubting PH was far more effective and contibuted more in the maroon jersey. Regardless of wherever and whatever he's gone on to do Hartley was a fantastic player for this club for a long time. Can only hope Kingston emerges to be as good and as important to our success in time.

Archived