Rangers in for Berra!!!!

Walter Bishop

This is symptomatic of the way HMFC are at the moment.

No stability, No Manager and No Rants from our illustrious leader.

Rangers are now exploiting our weakness. Whether or not they actually want to sign Berra, Velicka or anyone else really doesn't matter a ******.

The fact is that Murray & Co are now putting us firmly in our place.

There is no way they would have put derisory bids for any our players 12 months ago.

In fact I would go as far to say they would not have bidded at all.

Really cheesed off at the moment with our club:mad:

Aye, good shout. I reckon that they're spending millions of pounds just to prove a point to us.

You really have to wonder about some people.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surrey Jambo

Real Radio really are muppets, when they can actually quote on their site that we have already turned down ?1.5 million. This has to be a non-story. Even Rangers aren't stupid enough to underbid in an auction, are they?

"Gers Move For Hearts Skipper Real Sport understands Rangers are set to make a ?1Million bid for Christophe Berra. The move comes after they had an offer for Mark Reynolds knocked back last week. The Ibrox side may face competition for the Jambos skipper. Wolves have already made their interest known in the Scotland international offering one and a half million."

Even Rangers aren't stupid enough to underbid in an auction, are they?

In a word, yes. They like to rely on players putting pressure on the club to let them go.

Italian Lambretta

You actually believe they will bid for Berra?

I don't!

Aye, good shout. I reckon that they're spending millions of pounds just to prove a point to us.

You really have to wonder about some people.

Walter Payton
SEVEN MILLION PLUS BOYD, CUELLAR AND MCGREGOR SHOULD BE ABOUT ENOUGH.

Its like the old days on Championship Manager when you were about 10 and thought cheating at the game was fun- adding yourself as manager of Man U and Hearts then spending 20m on Jim Hamilton and including the young striking sensation Erik Nevland to sweeten the deal...

You actually believe they will bid for Berra?

I don't!

If they're not bidding for him then how are they putting us in our place? :confused: I can just see David Murray sitting on his throne in his mountain hideout, stroking a purring Ian Durrant and cackling :

"I know, ve'll pretend to be interested, thereby creating the illusion that he's much sought after and probably raising the asking price a bit! That'll teach them, mwahahahaha! Vorld domination vill be ours!"

Only a Game
Can only hope Kingston emerges to be as good and as important to our success in time.

Ive already accepted that Hartley is/was/still is the more effective player. But if you think that Laryea Kingston is here with the intention that the playing side of Heart of Midlothian FC is improved in the long term, your seriously having a laugh. Kingston was bought purely as a cash investment. He'll be sold the minute his value is reached by any club that bids for him (and Kingston wants to go to of course)

That wont be long now and I wouldnt be surprised if it happened in this transfer window.

We are nothing more than a player staging post at the moment. The priority for everything we are doing from first team level right down to under 19 and lower is to rear players for sale at a profit.

What I dont understand is why they dont get that players from a successful club would raise far more money than the same player at the club in the state we are in now.

Gigolo-Aunt

Rangers I think are in for him.

Rangers are testing the water, making the player aware of the interest.

They will be backin with an improved offer in the near future (maybe another player thrown in.;))

Could be good for us. IMO he will be off soon, more teams in the mix means the potential to play them against each other.

Step forward Russell Anderson, the price is right!

(Dont know why Rangers are not in for Anderson)

marshallschunkychicken
Quite true, but we're not even making any half hearted pretence, even for fans consumption, of wanting to keep our best players.

Its not going to be in our best interests, even if we're selling at or above market value to have a clear out on this scale whilst there is not even a whisper of a manger coming or a list of players we might be targetting ourselves.

Agreed that nothing has happened YET but the body language coming from Hearts at the moment looks seriously worrying for next season.

My point though is that the evidence so far points to there NOT being a clearout - Hearts are actively knocking back these bids. That to me is more than a half-hearted pretence of wanting to keep our best players.

People on here profess to having no clue what goes on in vlad's mind, but then come on here and seem to be privy to his transfer strategy.

This COULD well be a cynical move by vlad to maximise the profit potential from all of the saleable assets. However, until they start actually selling these assets, its an entirely moot point, and untimately, they can't stop people linking the palyers with other clubs.

I don't really understand your body language point - If they had sold Driver at the first offer, likewise Berra, I'd be s******g it.

End of the day, time will tell, but there's no point panicking over potentials.

Step forward Russell Anderson, the price is right!

(Dont know why Rangers are not in for Anderson)

He fit's their profile perfectly. Injury prone.

Dont know why Rangers are not in for Anderson

I'd wager it's because they know he is utterly, horribly, gash.

Gigolo-Aunt
I'd wager it's because they know he is utterly, horribly, gash.

I disagree.

Way better than Berra is, and IMO will ever be.

CornhillHearts

Unbelievable bull from some K***backers Berra is 23, Anderson always injured and about 30, as for Mo Berthe dear oh dear.

Only a Game
My point though is that the evidence so far points to there NOT being a clearout - Hearts are actively knocking back these bids. That to me is more than a half-hearted pretence of wanting to keep our best players.

Can you name one player we ending up keeping for any length of time after interest had been shown in him. Are we knocking back these bids to get more money or because we want to keep the players ? Did i seriously need to ask that question ?

We sell players, we've BEEN selling players we should have kept if we had any ambition. I can list them if you want.

marshallschunkychicken
Can you name one player we ending up keeping for any length of time after interest had been shown in him. Are we knocking back these bids to get more money or because we want to keep the players ? Did i seriously need to ask that question ?

We sell players, we've BEEN selling players we should have kept if we had any ambition. I can list them if you want.

By the same token, can we really look to any time in Hearts history when we have kept a player for any real length of time after interest has been shown? Even Hartley went eventually.

If they do go, and en mass, as I've stated, I will start to be very concerned.

It's going to be a very long summer however if we start hand-wringing every time one of our players is linked with a move away.

Only a Game

It's going to be a very long summer however if we start hand-wringing every time one of our players is linked with a move away.

To be fair they are not just being linked. These are serious bids and our recent track history suggests we sell when that happens (although we do tend to hold out and get decent money for them), and no we shouldnt be surprised because we've been selling players since time began.

So its hardly hand wringing to be concerned that so many appear to be the subject of serious interest, except the dross that no-one else wants and at the same time we're managerless and dont appear to be going in for anyone ourselves, certainly not with actual bids for anyone.

The concern is NOT that we're selling. Thats what we do. The concern is that we're not even looking like buying or replacing, we're in a hell of a poor state squad wise, and time is moving swiftly on towards the start of pre-season training (16 or so days away till the players report back for fitness screening I believe it is now)

Jimmy McNulty
So just a minute

We knock back ?1.5m from Wolves and Rangers come in with ?1m

Are they fecking stupid?

No. They just hope that Berra will push for the transfer (a la Webster, pre-season a few years ago).

No. They just hope that Berra will push for the transfer (a la Webster, pre-season a few years ago).

Berra and his family are Celtic minded are they not? So its not "boyhood hero" stuff presumably?

Drylaw Hearts

I posted last week that John Brown had compiled a dossier on Berra for Walter Smith before he took the Clyde job.

Boab Mugabe

?1m is not enough.

However, I'd sell at ?1.5m to whoever. Especially Rangers as he would weaken their defence.

Jam Tarts 1874

Even Rangers are not stupid enough to bid ?1m for Berra after Hearts have already turned down ?1.5m from Wolves. Maybe Rangers would want him, but they are going to have to go above Wolves' offer.

Pinilla (if fit)/Nade (if fit and not at Palace)/Glen versus Webster/Berra, I'd fancy our chances to be honest!

scott herbertson

Goncalves

:mad:

Real Radio really are muppets, when they can actually quote on their site that we have already turned down ?1.5 million. This has to be a non-story. Even Rangers aren't stupid enough to underbid in an auction, are they?

"Gers Move For Hearts Skipper Real Sport understands Rangers are set to make a ?1Million bid for Christophe Berra. The move comes after they had an offer for Mark Reynolds knocked back last week. The Ibrox side may face competition for the Jambos skipper. Wolves have already made their interest known in the Scotland international offering one and a half million."

Real Radio might just have half of the story. It could be ?1m + plus a player eg Gow or Boyd or ?

Alan Johnson
I'd take a million plus Boyd.

id take boyd for a million plus berra

Hearts of Vladland

Rangers are trying to copy Celtic because the have Hibs. (don't know if it has already been posted)

Tokyo Drifter
Is it just me or does anyone else think we should cash on Berra?? He's totally overrated - no positional sense, weak in the air and about a vocal as a mute pike

fair enough but who would replace him as captain and who would replace him in defence? have we got someone who's better for both roles? don't think so.

Jam Tarts 1874
fair enough but who would replace him as captain and who would replace him in defence? have we got someone who's better for both roles? don't think so.

McGowan & Rapnik are both very promising. I am sure that either could do a better job than Berra - whom I never rated anyway and certainly don't think Berra should ever have been made captain.

How depressing is this thread?

I don't think I can remember a time where so many Hearts fans are so keen to see our 'better' players being sold especially to one of the OF.

If anyone thinks that Berra is over rated how are you going to feel at the return of Zaliukas?

Or maybe we will put Goncalves and his octagon shaped head into the centre of our defence.

Drylaw Hearts
McGowan & Rapnik are both very promising. I am sure that either could do a better job than Berra - whom I never rated anyway and certainly don't think Berra should ever have been made captain.

McGowan and Rapnik are promising players but neither are able replacements for Berra.

Our results without Berra last Season is an indication of how much worse off we are without him.

Also, it could only have been between Berra and Robbie for the Captaincy and that would not have gone done well with the fans.

Who would you have chosen ?

How much of those two have you seen?

colinmaroon
So just a minute

We knock back ?1.5m from Wolves and Rangers come in with ?1m

Are they fecking stupid?

No!!!

But they are the biggest hypocrites and the most poisonous institution in world football - bar none!!!

Wouldnt surprise me if all the players wanted to leave,our club has been a shambles for two years now.

Who in their right mind would sign for us just now when no manager is in place and there is a scary possibility of mad vlad appointing wheelbarrow man or some other goat to carry on the shambles.

colinmaroon
Wouldnt surprise me if all the players wanted to leave,our club has been a shambles for two years now.

Who in their right mind would sign for us just now when no manager is in place and there is a scary possibility of mad vlad appointing wheelbarrow man or some other goat to carry on the shambles.

Really!!!

Wow!!!!

Haven't heard that before -

again and again and again and again!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if someone else posts this original thought tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the next day!!!

Only a Game
No!!!

But they are the biggest hypocrites and the most poisonous institution in world football - bar none!!!

Geoff Kilpatrick

So, to conclude: -

Rangers allegedly bid less than another team whose bid, apparently, we rejected and we assume that Berra will make his way along the M8. :confused:

Honestly, I know things are drifting at HMFC at present but do some of our fans wallow in all things negative?

For all those who are posting "fire sale" type comments, here's a thought....

PLAYER -----> AGENT -----> CLUB

Geddit?

UNHAPPY PLAYER ---speaks to--> AGENT ---to seek move to another--> CLUB

Edit: Multiply this situation by however many depressed and disillusioned footballers (I use the term loosely) we have and bingo!

IMO.

Blackdog35
just on real radio, Rangers are preparing a 1 million!!!! bid!!! Also we have knocked back 700k plus add ons from Burnley for Driiver.

It's a straight swap, Berra for Webster. :P

Really!!!

Wow!!!!

Haven't heard that before -

again and again and again and again!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if someone else posts this original thought tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the next day!!!

Jog on son,isnt ten oclock on a school night a bit late for you to still be up

WeeToonJambo

Since Colin clearly isn't around to comment, I think you'll find his school days ended circa 1965!

:hobofish:

Seymour M Hersh

Own goal there my man! :107years:

No!!!

I think Thelick are worse. :eek:

Real Radio might just have half of the story. It could be ?1m + plus a player eg Gow or Boyd or ?

Gave RR the benefit of the doubt but I'm beginning to think they are bidding a straight million and trying to take the p"ss.

The answer is quite simple - we put in a bid of ?500k for McGregor.

Archived