Museum and Memorial Garden Opening

Footballfirst

Was in on Thursday, historians were a bit busy at the time,so couldn't  ask a question,

so maybe get an answer here,

looking at the cabinet with all the presentations from other teams and countries we visit,

What do we give as a presentation to other teams and is there photos

Tried to look on the Liverpool virtual tour but couldn't see anything, but did notice they have an old roseberry jersey

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts Heritage

• davemclaren

• scott herbertson

• Jambo 4 Ever

Hearts Heritage

Was in on Thursday, historians were a bit busy at the time,so couldn't  ask a question,

so maybe get an answer here,

looking at the cabinet with all the presentations from other teams and countries we visit,

What do we give as a presentation to other teams and is there photos

Tried to look on the Liverpool virtual tour but couldn't see anything, but did notice they have an old roseberry jersey

I know we have given teams in the past a set of engraved Edinburgh crystal glasses. I'll see if I can find out what we give them now.

Hearts Heritage

"A Quaich and a bottle of whisky which is opened and the Quaich is filled for a toast."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthew Le Tissier

Visited today with the auld boy who's in a wheelchair. What a fantastic set up we have and he people in there were brilliant with my dad aswell. Highly recommend it to everyone

Visited today with the auld boy who's in a wheelchair. What a fantastic set up we have and he people in there were brilliant with my dad aswell. Highly recommend it to everyone

If you used the wheelchair lift to get down the stairs at the front, I hope you pointed out to the "the auld boy" that you helped pay for that.  :thumbsup:

Matthew Le Tissier

If you used the wheelchair lift to get down the stairs at the front, I hope you pointed out to the "the auld boy" that you helped pay for that. :thumbsup:

:verysmug: Edited by Matthew Le Tissier

Hearts Heritage

Open today from 10-4. Should be busy as there are two stadium Tours this afternoon.

Open 10-12 tomorrow NB Memorial Garden not open on match days.

Now on Twitter @HeartsMuseum

letsalldothebeattie

On 2 weeks holiday from tonight and definitely going to be making the journey up to go around the museum

The Apprentice

I went along last Saturday and was thoroughly impressed with both the museum and the memorial garden. Lots of interesting memorabilia and a great tribute to the history of our club. I believe there are plans to change the items on display regularly too which is great. I'd really recommend to anyone who hasn't been yet to get along if they can.

letsalldothebeattie

I went along last Saturday and was thoroughly impressed with both the museum and the memorial garden. Lots of interesting memorabilia and a great tribute to the history of our club. I believe there are plans to change the items on display regularly too which is great. I'd really recommend to anyone who hasn't been yet to get along if they can.

Saw that somewhere before about changing items. Just means fans will have to keep visiting every so often to see new stuff which is a good idea from the club to keep us going back

Hearts Heritage

Open today from 10 to Noon.

NB as it is a matchday the Memorial Garden is closed.

Visited on Thursday and was really impressed. Bigger than I thought it would and very well laid out with really interesting exhibits. Had a tear in my eye a couple of times watching the video. Well done to all involved.

I went there on Saturday. Firstly, the room itself is better than what I thought it would be. Although it's situated in the former club shop, they space is much bigger than how I remembered and it's quite roomy. The second thing I would add is how smart it is. It's all very well having the exhibits, but the fixtures and fittings need to set the scene and that they have. It's really plush.

Due to trouble with the trains, I got there a bit later than I wanted so I need to go back and have a proper look around but I reckon a full hour would do it. There is more than enough on display, but it's set out in a way that isn't overwhelming; each of the big glass cabinets tells a piece of the story; the early years, WWI, 1950s glory era, foreign travels and even one for some quirky gifts etc; as well as some nice wall mounts charting some of the key recent successes such as the cup wins, and the FoH etc. The video lasts for about 10 mins and is really nicely done.

Over all, a fantastic facility and a huge thanks to Davy Allan for his warm welcome.

10/10

Edited by Buffalo Bill

Hearts Heritage

Due to the building work taking place The Memorial Garden is shut until Thursday 17th November.

Museum open as normal.

Fri 10-4

Sat 10-4

Sun 12-4

Hearts Heritage

Hopefully taking delivery today of a very special object for the Museum.

Hearts Heritage

If you haven't collected your certificate they are now available from the Museum.

Just bring along you letter.

Hearts Heritage

Between Xmas and New Year

The Museum will be open the following days

Sun 25th Closed

Mon 26th Closed

Tue 27th 12-4

Wed 28th 12-4

Thu 29th 12-4

Fri 30th 12-4 

Sat 31st Closed

Sun 1st Closed

Back to normal hours on Thu 5th Jan

Hearts Heritage

Open today Noon to 4.

Come along after the Haymarket Service.

Some of the WWI and WWII related objects we have on display

. 96dc1ba10efafcd6abcca3088e6faf30.jpg

d33ace0826373d1acabb9cab718dfe6f.jpg

49768710989b1f0078b516ee7a8564e7.jpg

ba65add6d860128a7dd3633c860d36b6.jpg

8cc79b54e0bd638ddde032e7984c85e9.jpg

Hearts Heritage

As development works continue under the Wheatfield Stand, the Memorial Garden will remain closed on Thursday and Friday of this week, reopening as normal on Saturday 19th November.

The museum will not be effected and will open as normal this Thursday and Friday. Full opening times are available here: http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/pages/museum

We appreciate your continued patience during this period of development.

Hearts Heritage

The Museum is open today from 10-4.

Memorial Garden still closed due to the building work taking place.

It will reopen tomorrow.

scott herbertson

Open today 10-4

Tomorrow 10-12

Sunday 12-4

Come in and see the Basel 'Lady' who is 12 years old today.

Will be in tomorrow Davy - probably around 11

Hearts Heritage

George Hogg was born 147 years ago today.

Winner of 2 League Titles and 2 Scottish Cups.

You can see him in the 1897 League winners photo in the Museum.

Open today from 10-4.

Edited by 12august1893

Jambo Up North

Travel down from Aberdeen for games & decided to stay over after Wed game to visit Museum & Memorial Garden on Thurs. Very impressed by the whole set up and the staff were first class. My Mum who isn't a football fan came along and also found it to be impressive and emotional. 10/10 to all those involved   

I was at Tynecastle on a bit of business yesterday and took the opportunity of popping into the Memorial Garden to check in on my old Dad's plaque.

I took a bit of time reading other plaques, and have to say it is quite a warming and emotional experience.

One to another Dad really made me smile. It said -

"Still supporting Hearts - just from a different hospitality suite"

Hearts Heritage

Will it be open before the AGM do you know?

Not normally open on a Tuesday.

But we can possibly open it for access via the Gorgie Suite door rather than through the 'Front Doors'.

I'll need to check on other logistics and get back to you.

Not normally open on a Tuesday.

But we can possibly open it for access via the Gorgie Suite door rather than through the 'Front Doors'.

I'll need to check on other logistics and get back to you.

Great, thanks!  I think it may be quite popular the hour before the meeting perhaps

Hearts Heritage

One of the joys of working in the Museum.

Paul Garden (lifelong Jambo) across from USA says "Are you interested in this photo?"

Paul (aged 4) with 'The King' in his Gorgie Road Newsagent Shop in (opposite Newton Street). c1974

CzPAPf4WEAA0ukB.jpg

One of the joys of working in the Museum.

Paul Garden (lifelong Jambo) across from USA says "Are you interested in this photo?"

Paul (aged 4) with 'The King' in his Gorgie Road Newsagent Shop in (opposite Newton Street). c1974

CzPAPf4WEAA0ukB.jpg

Great photo. Remember visiting the shop with my dad when I was a kid.

Hearts Heritage

A wonderful photo of 'Commando Training'.

Pre season 1966 in Perthshire.

Taken from Neil Strevens' superb scrapbooks.

CzY1cdBXAAAP4Y_.jpg