Museum and Memorial Garden Opening

Footballfirst

alex young hero

Visited the museum today with my 16 year old grandson who said on leaving "If that dosn`t make you proud to be a Hearts supporter nothing will " I think he was spot on ,fantastic job well done to all who were involved in this venture.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts Heritage

• davemclaren

• scott herbertson

• Jambo 4 Ever

Hearts Heritage

Genuine question I've been asked by a non poster....

What's the story behind the Rudi Skacel boot ?

It is a signed boot by Rudi from c2012. A visitor who knows Rudi was hopeful we could get one from the Final.

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the museum,and will be back.

One thing that I did notice was a lack of signage making it clear the museum was open and where to go.

If the museum is only aimed at Hearts fanatics than this will not be a problem as they will probably already know the hours and where to go. But some simple retro pavement A-Frame signage could possibly help raise awareness and increase visitor numbers.

Or hijack a couple of of those golf sale guys to stand on Gorgie Road holding massive signs.

Hearts Heritage

The Museum and Memorial Garden are now on Trip Advisor. So please give us a review.

Open today from 10-4.

Still a few numbered certificates to be handed out to the first 1874 unique visitors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a signed boot by Rudi from c2012. A visitor who knows Rudi was hopeful we could get one from the Final.

It is possibly the only strange item on display in the museum , as neither owned or worn but merely signed by Rudi ?

Hearts Heritage

It is possibly the only strange item on display in the museum , as neither owned or worn but merely signed by Rudi ?

I think it was worn by him and signed but not in the Cup Final.

Enjoyed my visit to the museum today,cleary a lot of hard work has went in to the preparation.a nice touch with the memorial garden very emotional.

I was in around 11 today with my 6 year old son. We were visitors 1654 and 1655.

Great wee museum. Didn't quite have the time to look around as much as I would have liked due to the wee man not really understanding the concept of going round in a certain way, and him banging his napper off most of the glass display cabinets!

Staff were superb.

150 since I was in yesterday lunchtime Edited by Gambo

Hearts Heritage

Open today from 10-4

We should pass 1874 visitors[emoji2]

Hearts Heritage

We have just reached visitor 1874 

Congratulations to Ross Stuart aged 12 who being a polite lad let his Dad in before him!

I was in this morning with my daughter and a mate, I was no 1811, very impressed, some cracking memorabilia and nicely laid out, well worth a visit.

I was in this morning with my daughter and a mate, I was no 1811, very impressed, some cracking memorabilia and nicely laid out, well worth a visit.

Just behind myself haha

Cue someone coming on here moaning they never got a certificate.

Amazing figures so far

Ps)

Got my certificate

Hearts Heritage

There are a few places left on the Stadium tour on Friday so you could combine the tour with a museum visit.

Dagger Is Back

Had a very enjoyable visit last week and will go again when less pressed for time.

Guys who were there were very approachable and knowledgeable.

Only thing I'd say is that thought you'd be able to get access from MacLeod Street. Had been in getting tickets but the steps in the Roseburn were blocked off and it was a walk back round. Same with the certificates. Not a huge deal but in this day and age you've got to make it easy for folks.

Interesting too that of you look at places like Disney, they lead you from an attraction into a retail outlet, generally any way.

The location just now means guest do the tour and then have to go somewhere else to buy merchandise or even enquiry about tickets.

Should all three not have been located together?

Realise we couldn't do that pre new stand of course but I don't think it's planned for the future?

Had a very enjoyable visit last week and will go again when less pressed for time.

Guys who were there were very approachable and knowledgeable.

Only thing I'd say is that thought you'd be able to get access from MacLeod Street. Had been in getting tickets but the steps in the Roseburn were blocked off and it was a walk back round. Same with the certificates. Not a huge deal but in this day and age you've got to make it easy for folks.

Interesting too that of you look at places like Disney, they lead you from an attraction into a retail outlet, generally any way.

The location just now means guest do the tour and then have to go somewhere else to buy merchandise or even enquiry about tickets.

Should all three not have been located together?

Realise we couldn't do that pre new stand of course but I don't think it's planned for the future?

All pertinent points mate. All of this crossed my mind.

I note that the new club shop, located in the new main stand will be positioned at the Gorgie Rd end of the stand (if you get what I mean). I wonder if there'll be a cut through from the museum underneath or at the side of the Gorgie stand?

You can't really expect tourists to be walking from the current location, along Gorgie Rd to get to the retail outlet.

I'm hoping this has been considered as I really like the current location of the museum and feel it'd be crazy to uproot all the work that's been done to reposition it, after only a year or so.

Edited by Craigieboy

Dagger Is Back

All pertinent points mate. All of this crossed my mind.

I note that the new club shop, located in the new main stand will be positioned at the Gorgie Rd end of the stand (if you get what I mean). I wonder if there'll be a cut through from the museum underneath or at the side of the Gorgie stand?

You can't really expect tourists to be walking from the current location, along Gorgie Rd to get to the retail outlet.

I'm hoping this has been considered as I really like the current location of the museum and feel it'd be crazy to uproot all the work that's been done to reposition it, after only a year or so.

I'd hope so CB. Not wanting to come over as picky because it really is a well put together experience with I'm sure more exhibits to come

Hearts Heritage

Question for 12August1893:

Approximately how many tourist visitors has there been?

We've not been specifically asking or counting but based on the days I've been in and extrapolating I'd say between 30 and 50.

We've not been specifically asking or counting but based on the days I've been in and extrapolating I'd say between 30 and 50.

Thanks for the reply.

Just wondering if there is any update on the dining options?

thanks

Why don't you phone the club direct and ask. You like asking questions. It's all you do on here.

Cue someone coming on here moaning they never got a certificate.

Amazing figures so far

Ps)

Got my certificate

I wonder who got number 1690?

...a bit disco

I wonder who got number 1690?

Thinking of putting in a bid?

:biggrin:

Is the museum open on matchdays. I'm home from Germany for the Killie game on 27th December, which is a night game and wanted to visit before the game?

Is the museum open on matchdays. I'm home from Germany for the Killie game on 27th December, which is a night game and wanted to visit before the game?

If I'm remembering right the 27th is a Tuesday so probably not

It's open Thursday-Sunday 10-4 (10-12 if a 3pm match day)

Hope that helps

Why don't you phone the club direct and ask. You like asking questions. It's all you do on here.

Nothing wrong with asking questions!

Hearts Heritage

Not normally open on a Tuesday but we may do something as a lot of 'exiles' will be home for Xmas.

Not normally open on a Tuesday but we may do something as a lot of 'exiles' will be home for Xmas.

Apologies, someone rudely responded to my last post.

Just wondering if you had any further update on the dining options?

thanks

Carl Fredrickson

Good to see this thread is kept active. 

Planning on visiting on Sunday minus the wife and young bairns as i dont want any distractions. 

Went up this afternoon. Really, really good. Some amazing pieces in there and brilliantly put together. Came out feeling even more proud to support the Hearts than I already did.

Well done to everyone involved in putting this together. The museum is a really credit to the club.

Hearts Heritage

thanks

Last I heard there will be something on the website shortly.

If I'm remembering right the 27th is a Tuesday so probably not

It's open Thursday-Sunday 10-4 (10-12 if a 3pm match day)

Hope that helps

Great help. Thank you

Thank you!

Hearts Heritage

thanks

To find out more about dining in the museum please contact Carla on 0131 200 7240 or email [email protected]