West Ham

Five to One

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dusk_Till_Dawn

LOLzers

Small time club with some of the world's most deluded fans and now the world's most soulless stadium, replacing a ground which - despite all the over it last season - was nowt special. Getting properly found out.

:pleasing:

When else would they use it?

Little things like offices etc. Unless they are also renting a week round presence in the building by renting office suites. I'm not sure how West Ham are sorted in terms of their training centre.

Little things like offices etc. Unless they are also renting a week round presence in the building by renting office suites. I'm not sure how West Ham are sorted in terms of their training centre.

The club's offices are at the stadium according to their Contact Us page and they definitely have other full time staff based there too according to their vacancies. Looks like their training ground is at Rush Green, that's where the kit man's based

Aye did think so? Her and the dildo brothers don't seem very popular?

She wanted to rename the club West Ham Olympic

Those 3 are only in it for themselves. This move wasn't about West Ham United first and foremost.

Nelly Terraces

Those 3 are only in it for themselves. This move wasn't about West Ham United first and foremost.

Indeed. The clubs been hijacked by 3 massive egotists. It's all over for the proper fans. The old club is Donald Ducked.

If they could have built their own stadium it would have been better imo. The London stadium is not that good to watch football in. The top tier is 15 metres behind the bottom tier (which is not very steep) and that must be about 30 odd metres from the pitch.

Spurs got a lucky escape imo

Think West Ham fans have finally sussed this, been fighting amongst themselves at games etc if their main man downs tools, Payet they're stuffed! And don't think a lot of sympathy for them either?

Supposedly pre recorded crowd noise and play it at games to make an atmosphere? We could do that at tynecastle!!!!

Hibs beat them to that.

Indeed. The clubs been hijacked by 3 massive egotists. It's all over for the proper fans. The old club is Donald Ducked.

The "proper fans" as you call them were given the opportunity to vote on the move to the new stadium.

They voted in favour, in order to give the club a chance to grow.

It's been a terrible start to the season and it's clear to see there are problems on and off the park, but I'm confident they will turn things around before long.

The "proper fans" as you call them were given the opportunity to vote on the move to the new stadium.

They voted in favour, in order to give the club a chance to grow.

It's been a terrible start to the season and it's clear to see there are problems on and off the park, but I'm confident they will turn things around before long.

Wanting the club to grow is not the issue here. That Stadium is - you need binoculars to see the match.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Wanting the club to grow is not the issue here. That Stadium is - you need binoculars to see the match.

It's karma though - West Ham paying pennies for a brand new stadium (mostly paid for by other people) and then finding out that it's shite. Unfortunately they've already started blowing up Upton Park 

It's karma though - West Ham paying pennies for a brand new stadium (mostly paid for by other people) and then finding out that it's shite. Unfortunately they've already started blowing up Upton Park

You might be right.

QPR and Brentford are looking at building new stadiums. Definitely the route West Ham should have went down.

The Olympic Stadium was not their problem but the 3 opportunists, who only value money, got it on the cheap when they really should have been looking at building the club a proper football stadium.

TBF to West Ham they seen an opportunity and they went for it. There were several other teams wanting to take up the option with Spurs being one of them. 

I used to like West Ham but now like almost every single Premiership team I am done with them.  I barely even watch the EPL nowadays.  I feel sorry for all the West Ham fans who grew up going to Upton Park and now have that commercial shite to go to  (and probably not afford).  Hope they get relegated.

If they could have built their own stadium it would have been better imo. The London stadium is not that good to watch football in. The top tier is 15 metres behind the bottom tier (which is not very steep) and that must be about 30 odd metres from the pitch.

Spurs got a lucky escape imo

Spurs didn't want the stadium though. Their plan was to demolish the existing stadium and build a new one in it's place. They're now building a new stadium right next to the existing WHL.

Spurs didn't want the stadium though. Their plan was to demolish the existing stadium and build a new one in it's place. They're now building a new stadium right next to the existing WHL.

Think they are building on the same site as one of their stands is down and there is construction going on.

Tbh, there's plenty about the Spurs stadium deal which was wholly unsatisfactory

What like you have to watch Spurs in it [emoji3][emoji1008]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What like you have to watch Spurs in it [emoji3][emoji1008]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've actually just worked out your user name after all these years. 

:facepalm:

To be fair I'd never really thought much into it but I will give myself another one as I deserve it

:facepalm:

Spurs didn't want the stadium though. Their plan was to demolish the existing stadium and build a new one in it's place.

Didn't know that but certainly the right idea.

Pity West Ham didn't or couldn't do that - they could have had a cracking football stadium on that land.

I used to like West Ham but now like almost every single Premiership team I am done with them. I barely even watch the EPL nowadays. I feel sorry for all the West Ham fans who grew up going to Upton Park and now have that commercial shite to go to (and probably not afford). Hope they get relegated.

They did vote in favour of it.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy wanted the stadium,fans didn't! but they did insist on getting rid of the running track if they were to get it but were told no it had to stay so with that and the fans against it Tottenham pulled out of the running.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Such as?

Compulsory purchases of land where people had long established businesses and had no desire to sell. Withdrawing community funding but still getting the plan approved. Local council bent over for them

One business in particular was a fabrication yard who had agreed for relocation, then an hour before the deadline for objections, put in an objection! Many other businesses were re located as the proposed new stadium will re generate the area,create much needed jobs! But unlike West Ham United, Tottenham are funding this themselves not the taxpayers! Boris Johnson gave the go ahead for that reason it's a positive move for London and Tottenham.

Maroon Sailor

It's not getting any better at that stadium on the field either.

Been a bit of a disaster of a move up to now - can only get better

crichiejambos

Exactly, vile little club should have done with anti-Semitic abuse towards Tottenham season or so back but nothing happened they seem to have friends in high places?

• 4 weeks later...
Maroon Sailor

Bet West Ham fans wish more than ever they never moved now.

It's going from bad to worse with that Athletics Stadium.

The Treasurer

What a dipstick he is

Just to be clear, the "dipstick" in question has come from the section housing chelski fans.

* this isn't denying that there was blame on both sets of fans and there are clearly issues still to be addressed at the London Stadium (before anyone says anything)

The Treasurer

Sadly (as happens too often) events off the pitch have overshadowed a great result for West Ham.

Hopefully, as injured players gradually come back/get match fit, we are starting to see them get back to something like the form they showed last season.

Maroon Sailor

Just to be clear, the "dipstick" in question has come from the section housing chelski fans.

* this isn't denying that there was blame on both sets of fans and there are clearly issues still to be addressed at the London Stadium (before anyone says anything)

Don't need to be clear what section he came from. Irrelevant to my post.

Archived