Poor start

Bazzas right boot

siegementality

Part of the reason they are the bottom two sides is because we beat them.

Yeah I know that. The person who made the original point seemed to think it was all down to us though. Now, if you feel the need to correct anyone run along and correct him. Bye!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
siegementality

Partick have played 3 games.

So they have. I stand corrected. Point still stands thought that the only game they have won is against the bottom side ICT.

Bazzas right boot

So they have. I stand corrected. Point still stands thought that the only game they have won is against the bottom side ICT.

We are in a fantastic place, in fact we are in our best state ever, or at least in living memory.

Time to get behind the club and drive us to the next level.

Folk who cannot see this are , imo absolute rockets.

Yeah I know that. The person who made the original point seemed to think it was all down to us though. Now, if you feel the need to correct anyone run along and correct him. Bye!

You're a bit snarky. :mellow:

Read post 1, he thinks it is the people who sat back and said nothing who have produced the start to the season we have had. We have changed the way we are playing, do you genuinely think that is because some people, like the original poster were happy to sit back happily clapping or because a growing number of fans were disappointed and expressing that disappointment. To me it isn't hugely difficult to work out who is most liable to cause change in approach to happen, but there again I ain't fussed, I'm only glad it did happen and if losing to a pile of pish from Malta was the catalyst then so be it. We played very well in the opening game, playing more offensively, something those opposed to change said we shouldn't do, i.e. go more offensive. We were as good as, probably better than, Aberdeen at Pittodrie and could have won that game late on, again playing more offensive. We destroyed ICT at Tynecastle, again playing more offensive. Yesterday, we were controlling the game totally, Callum Paterson put us ahead and the players rightly wanted to play the same way and kill the game off. They were stopped from doing so, from the touchline, you could see players, Paterson in the main who was having a stormer of a game on the offensive, was constantly being stopped from going forward and hand signals were aimed at others to sit back. This wasn't 10 minutes into the 2nd half, this was after about 25 minutes of the 1st half, we allowed them more into the game for no reason at all.

2nd half, as I said on the match thread last night, I don't actually think was tactical, it was more a case of too many passes not reaching the intended targets which was allowing them to come at us more often, although even when doing so they looked absolutely no danger to us. The brightest thing for me is that the team, the players on the park, kept going and won us that game despite the comments by some on here, and a post relating to Neilson, referring to a draw would be OK (even worse only considering a win because of how other teams were playing, that has to rank as bat shit mental). Why would anyone want to draw against a team we were clearly much better than and never looked like losing against.

In terms of the point scoring, was it us or was it them, the only point scoring I want to see is on the park. We have already played the two teams who finished above us last season, although we should have finished above at least one of them if we had approached the full season correctly. This season is like last, there is no team we will be competing against that we have to sit off and fear. The only points scoring I want to witness is on the park, by HMFC, with a team being sent out to win football games not fear what isn't there to fear.

Or its early in the season and players are now upto speed including our transfers.

Seriously all the above could be wrapped up with just that.

You give way too much credit to the club listenting to anyone.

And i already disagree with you re last season on where we ended up.

Yes they did and the other game they lost was to Aberdeen. So they've lost to the teams that finished 2nd and 3rd last season and beat ICT. Don't really get your point.

John Findlay

Are you saying they are at the same level as us? We get 4 times as many fans through the gate for home games.. they sign players like Swanson and Brad McKay from us after they are deemed not good enough..

It's pish from posters like you bigging them up into a much better team to allow for your excuses..

But don't worry we got a last minute goal against Partick so everything is now rosey..

Cup football is full of Davids defeating Goliath. Are Accrington Stanley on the same level as Burnley?

siegementality

Cup football is full of Davids defeating Goliath. Are Accrington Stanley on the same level as Burnley?

In fairness we have done more than our fair share of being Goliath over the years.

Watt-Zeefuik

I'm with the general sentiment on this thread except on assuming we'll be 2nd.  Hamilton have been a banana skin for us repeatedly and they've had a very good start to the season, including getting a point at Ibrox.

I want to ragdoll them, particularly for the first game last season, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I'm with the general sentiment on this thread except on assuming we'll be 2nd.  Hamilton have been a banana skin for us repeatedly and they've had a very good start to the season, including getting a point at Ibrox.

I want to ragdoll them, particularly for the first game last season, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Exactly my view of things. A pumping would be nice but they will be no picnic.

Bazzas right boot

Exactly my view of things. A pumping would be nice but they will be no picnic.

Hamilton are getting pumped.

They don't often give us bother at Home, pumped I tell ya!

Whatever happens the folk slavering about or quality of  signing's and wanting the manager sacked are not looking too bright.

Big Slim Stylee

You didn't give your opinion.. At least I always give mine with a reason..

Maybe try that instead of just putting others down..

I debate with people whose opinions I find interesting.  I don't find yours interesting.

Hope that clarifies.

Whatever happens the folk slavering about or quality of  signing's and wanting the manager sacked are not looking too bright.

I would have said a lot of it was trolling. 

I'm confident we can take care of Hamilton if we play as we can.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Whatever happens the folk slavering about or quality of signing's and wanting the manager sacked are not looking too bright.

Desperate for a bite.

I told you, your trolling was poor. Try harder.

Archived