U/20s v Hibs.

willie wallace

I could see hibs selling the barn. It's in a poor location for attracting youths. It's no exactly producing players. It costs a lot to maintain. They'd be better off closing it, making some cash and renting elsewhere.

Seems odd that they would choose to pay to rent somewhere for games rather than use a facility they own for free. Is that an admission that East Mains isn't good enough? And will it really feel like a home game for their young players?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems odd that they would choose to pay to rent somewhere for games rather than use a facility they own for free. Is that an admission that East Mains isn't good enough? And will it really feel like a home game for their young players?

Na mate, for the 20z games you need a ground with a stand and it has to be enclosed, so east mains doesn't comply.

East mains is really just for the youth academy and 1st team training and its location means it isn't ideal for attracting youths. Players from Fife, the west etc have a long commute compared to Riccarton for instance. Added to that, I think it East Mains costs more to run than Hearts renting Riccarton, a better facility in an ideal location.

Na mate, for the 20z games you need a ground with a stand and it has to be enclosed, so east mains doesn't comply.

East mains is really just for the youth academy and 1st team training and its location means it isn't ideal for attracting youths. Players from Fife, the west etc have a long commute compared to Riccarton for instance. Added to that, I think it East Mains costs more to run than Hearts renting Riccarton, a better facility in an ideal location.

I'd love to see this laid bare on .net :D

He was a very good player for us in the youth ranks, but blotted his copybook and was released for disciplinary reasons three years ago.

He's now with Dunfermline U20s... Played against Saints on Tuesday night & looked not bad...

'Blotted his copybook' is an understatement...

Just wonder how long he'll last there before 'disciplinary reasons' force him to move on... again...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived