U/20s v Hibs.

willie wallace

Malcolm Tucker

FT: 2-2

According to Banderson, Brandon stood out. Seems we're sorted for RB for years if/when Paterson leaves with him, Godinho and Liam Smith.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We_are_the_Hearts

FT: 2-2

According to Banderson, Brandon stood out. Seems we're sorted for RB for years if/when Paterson leaves with him, Godinho and Liam Smith.

Brandon? He never even started

Brandon? He never even started

Got subbed on for Godhino after 25 mins so ended up playing most of the match

letsalldothebeattie

Not too bad a result to start the U20 campaign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Findlay

Decent game.2-2 was a fair result in the end. Thought Hibs bossed the first half and Hearts the second. Nowak at no 5 and no 10 and 16 were my Hearts picks as having good games. I thought the 6 and 8 for Hibs got away with persistant fouling quite a bit.

We_are_the_Hearts

Got subbed on for Godhino after 25 mins so ended up playing most of the match

Cheers, never knew that

bb34981b-20a7-4a69-a635-b2b7b114c446.jpg

Ann keeping bad company I see............

Nice to see Ann continuing to strengthen the ties between our clubs and build friendly relations.

:cornette:

Something about this photograph makes we wince TBH.

Nice to see Ann continuing to strengthen the ties between our clubs and build friendly relations.

:cornette:

I am sure we all agree that is a TOP priority for our Chairwoman............ :curtain:

Without a second of doubt that is the worst thing she has done in 2 years at the club.

Gorgie_Rules

Without a second of doubt that is the worst thing she has done in 2 years at the club.

The Gorgie Fist would say differently :seething:

Stand by!!  :builder:

It's the fans job to hate their rivals.

Ann is a public figurehead of the club and once again she takes the club above all the shite and shows her class and in doing so the class of the club.

Imagine the headlines tomorrow if she turned to the photographer and said "I'm not standing with the ginger *****."

She looks really smug in a sort of this is so much better than the farm your Diddy wee team train at...of course these are premiership facilities....way!

Ann is a public figurehead of the club and once again she takes the club above all the shite and shows her class and in doing so the class of the club.

Don't really see any other clubs going out their way to build relationships with rival clubs.

I'm not going to blow it out of proportion. It's then worst thing she has done in 2 years of utterly amazing stuff. However the constant lambasting of minor incidents or even warnings around fan behaviour, and this Hibs affection isn't on.

Footballfirst

Lennon was sent to the stand because he was sitting on the bench.  If he is not listed as a coach or physio on the team lines, he is not allowed to sit there.

In general I thought both defences were shaky throughout.  Nowak did ok in the second half and Brandon was excellent getting forward, Baur and Reid both struggled for much of the game.

The first Hibs goal came from a long punt into the box. No Hearts player attacked the ball and Gullan controlled the ball and fired it low into the corner of the net from around 12 yards.

The equaliser came from Forster being indecisive and failing to clear the ball. He passed the ball back to his keeper who got the ball stuck between his feet as Johnsen closed him down. Johnsen took the ball off him and squeezed it in at the near post as the keeper tried to recover from his error.

Hibs went ahead from a Murray corner on the left and Gullan glanced a header into the far corner.  Hearts looked to have adopted zonal marking without anyone on the post. Had someone been on the post then it would have been an easy clearance. I think Hibs only had 4 in the box at the corner and Gullan isn't the biggest, so I'd put it down to shocking defending.

Hearts second equaliser again came from a defensive error when Zanatta caught the defender in possession at the corner of the six yard box.  Zanatta squared the ball to give McLean an easy tap-in.

Zanatta, McLean and Irving all missed good chances to score in the second half and Olli Shaw had a couple of efforts palmed away by Noring in what were the best of the chances.

Given the senior players who were playing I thought it was an unconvincing display from both sides.

Best for Hearts were Johnsen and Zanatta in the first half and Brandon in the second.

Attendance 402 (with probably another 100 or so hangers on - players coaches academy staff etc.)

Imagine the headlines tomorrow if she turned to the photographer and said "I'm not standing with the ginger *****."

Feck me it will be candlelight dinners with Petrie next........

Jambof3tornado

So did somebody report Lennon or was it a sharp eyed referee?

As ever FF a very thorough match report.

Malcolm Tucker

She was asked to pose with Neil Lennon and the SRU chief guy by assorted professional photographers. What's she meant to do, say no and offer the both of them a square go?

Johnsen was a deseved booking for smashing the ball in to the ground.

But imo never a free kick.

Ref appeared to take the view that no way is someone's legs long enough to win that ball cleanly. So I'll give a free kick anyway.

Be prepared for Johnsen giving away loads of free kicks that aren't against him.

...a bit disco

So did somebody report Lennon or was it a sharp eyed referee?

As ever FF a very thorough match report.

The lino came over and had a word in Lennons ear just before the second half kicked off.

Feck me it will be candlelight dinners with Petrie next........

It's a horrible, disgusting and vile thought to even consider but if we're going to break the glaswegian hold over scottish football it won't be hearts on our own. Ann is on the board now but she's going to need the backing of the other clubs in order to make things happen.

She was asked to pose with Neil Lennon and the SRU chief guy by assorted professional photographers. What's she meant to do, say no and offer the both of them a square go?

Not making a big deal about this, but at a time when a good many are a bit sore over their perception that Ann is targeting Hearts fans, this photo was never going to go down well with some of our support. 

With regards to your point - all she had no say to the photographers was "sorry gents, not posing for photos today, thank you" - it happens all the time.

Don't really see any other clubs going out their way to build relationships with rival clubs.

I'm not going to blow it out of proportion. It's then worst thing she has done in 2 years of utterly amazing stuff. However the constant lambasting of minor incidents or even warnings around fan behaviour, and this Hibs affection isn't on.

Why would she not? In order to lambast fans of other clubs we have to be seen to be squeaky clean or the MSM etc will pillory us for hypocrits and more to the point what objective evidence do you have that other clubs don't try and foster good relationships or are you trying to be ironic and forgetting to so indicate with emoji?

It's a horrible, disgusting and vile thought to even consider but if we're going to break the glaswegian hold over scottish football it won't be hearts on our own. Ann is on the board now but she's going to need the backing of the other clubs in order to make things happen.

Hopefully she is smart enough to know if there's one guy not to be trusted it's Petrie!

Malcolm Tucker

Not making a big deal about this, but at a time when a good many are a bit sore over their perception that Ann is targeting Hearts fans, this photo was never going to go down well with some of our support.

With regards to your point - all she had no say to the photographers was "sorry gents, not posing for photos today, thank you" - it happens all the time.

"Good many" is pushing it in the extreme. "Select few" would work a lot better.

It was the first official match played at a complex to be used by Hearts, SRU and Hibs. I think people are being a bit too precious here.

"Good many" is pushing it in the extreme. "Select few" would work a lot better.

It was the first official match played at a complex to be used by Hearts, SRU and Hibs. I think people are being a bit too precious here.

Where's the SRU guy in the photograph?

Oh shit.

People are actually seriously angry about that photo?

**** me, I genuinely thought the roasters had lightened up a bit since they got shafted with Neilsons length at the weekend.

Jesus Christ - get a life you sad ****ing sacks. You ve embarrassed yourselves enough already with your relentless campaign against Levein and Neilson.

Spot on with that! Jesus some of the stuff on here makes me think the average age on here is 12. Will be glad when they go back to school. Ann is indeed a class act. Sad days indeed when shes slagged off for being in a photo with Lennon (even though like most on here I think hes a ****)

Media smart to see a photo opportunity

Lennon posing for pic with Chairman of club where he got assaulted by 'fan' on pitch isn't a bad thing.

Funny what people get upset about.

Not making a big deal about this, but at a time when a good many are a bit sore over their perception that Ann is targeting Hearts fans, this photo was never going to go down well with some of our support.

With regards to your point - all she had no say to the photographers was "sorry gents, not posing for photos today, thank you" - it happens all the time.

Only an extremely unstable person would be in anyway upset about this photo.

Malcolm Tucker

Where's the SRU guy in the photograph?

Ann was photoed with the 2 of them, and then with them individually. It's up to the press which ones they use.

Jammy T has put it nicely in the post above. If you're offended or annoyed by that picture, you need to get a grip.

Bang on the money.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I don't care how friendly we are with Hibs off the pitch as long as we can quickly get back to ragdolling them on it. Expecting club officials to behave like angry, immature fans is ridiculous imo.

Oh shit.

**** me, I genuinely thought the roasters had lightened up a bit since they got shafted with Neilsons length at the weekend.

Jesus Christ - get a life you sad ******* sacks. You ve embarrassed yourselves enough already with your relentless campaign against Levein and Neilson.

You can count me out of the "seriously angry" ones. Just making an observation thank you.

As for your other comment with respect you seem to be the one seriously angry JT.

Maybe they are - but this photo will not go down well with some Hearts fans - fact I am afraid. 

Oh shit.

Jesus Christ - get a life you sad ******* sacks. You ve embarrassed yourselves enough already with your relentless campaign against Levein and Neilson.

exactly!

Footballfirst

In today's other afternoon game, Hamilton surprisingly lost 2-1 at home to Ross County.  Sean McKirdy started for Accies.

Archived