***Official Stirling Albion v Hearts U20 Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Does tend to make you question the value of the academy, but maybe it is the way to go.

Could it be that the academy is still in the process of being revamped post CL appointment, especially the age group approaching U20s level?

Short term measures to fill gaps?, however if the European intake are a success, I'm sure they will be welcome additions to the 1st team squad.

Pleasing result for U20s last night recovering from 2 down. Hope this gives them a boost in confidence to enjoy a more fruitful season in Development League & cup competitions.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambof3tornado

The academy is very much a work in progress. The players that have stood out recently for me have been the 2 Canadian lads so I have no issues scouting from overseas.

Still plenty good young scottish talent involved too, young morrison being a good example.

Bright future. Impossible to gauge success but if we can get 2 or 3 a season that show potential to play 1st team matches thats good enough for me. Not sure how often we will bring through a million pound player!

alicante jambo

The academy is very much a work in progress. The players that have stood out recently for me have been the 2 Canadian lads so I have no issues scouting from overseas.

Still plenty good young scottish talent involved too, young morrison being a good example.

Bright future. Impossible to gauge success but if we can get 2 or 3 a season that show potential to play 1st team matches thats good enough for me. Not sure how often we will bring through a million pound player!

Cheers for the match alerts mate.Nice wee win for the boys too.

We don't exactly scout overseas.....we are working with an agency that makes recomendations to the club based on the players they have on their books.

This agency has  offices in Canada hence a number of players coming to us not only to sign but also to trial in the hope of that being done

The same is true in Bulgaria and you can see that we also bring in a few from that region

The head of our footballing operations is in touch with a number of agencies and this will be a major part of his job to source players and bring them in to sign or for a closer look but it is not often we will send scouts abroad to look at players in the flesh unless we are closing in on a deal or may have spotted or been recommended to us a player of talent who is considered 'too good' for a trial.

jamboinglasgow

The U20s don't have a game scheduled before the next round, so are likely to organise a bounce game before then.  I understand that we have plans to take a number of youngsters on trial next week so that would be a chance to assess them.

Sounds interesting. I wonder if we are thinking of putting some Under 20s away on loan so want to take on a couple more on 1 year contracts to keep the U20 squad full for games and a chance to take a potential talent on.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Drawn Elgin away in the next round. Should be interesting to see how they get on!

They will win that Shapes. Chance of Hibs then in Round 3. How embarrassing for Hibs, in the same competition as our bairns!!

:pleasing:

Jambof3tornado

Cheers for the match alerts mate.Nice wee win for the boys too.

Glad to post updates if I'm there.

Archived