Celtic declaring interest in Paterson

mr fox

We most certainly are not a provincial club as rightly pointed out we are a capital side club, same goes for Hibs. Despite having slightly larger crowds than Aberdeen and Hibs, really since the Romanov days and with the near bankruptcy of our club I don't think we can outright say we are the third best supported club in Scotland. I provided a presentation regarding the current state of Scottish Football at PWC which illustrated that Hibs have claim to a larger support compared to ourselves and that Aberdeen have a much greater catchment area than the pair of us. Aberdeen are actually a very expensive club to follow and with the lack of money in the NE, they are doing pretty well under the given circumstances. We have been in unique circumstances over the last 10-15 years which has meant required our fans to show up in order to ensure the existence of our club.

Well I hope you got a gold star and first shot of the nursery sandpit for effort in your presentation because that's all it's worth. You regularly read some real nonsense on here but Hibs claim to have a larger support is up there with the very worst.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think Paterson will go or want to go to Celtic , Rodgers is trying to cut the number of bench warmers ( so I've read ) , can see him going south .

kingantti1874

We most certainly are not a provincial club as rightly pointed out we are a capital side club, same goes for Hibs. Despite having slightly larger crowds than Aberdeen and Hibs, really since the Romanov days and with the near bankruptcy of our club I don't think we can outright say we are the third best supported club in Scotland. I provided a presentation regarding the current state of Scottish Football at PWC which illustrated that Hibs have claim to a larger support compared to ourselves and that Aberdeen have a much greater catchment area than the pair of us. Aberdeen are actually a very expensive club to follow and with the lack of money in the NE, they are doing pretty well under the given circumstances. We have been in unique circumstances over the last 10-15 years which has meant required our fans to show up in order to ensure the existence of our club.

I have been told in the past that no Hearts players will be allowed to leave this transfer window however if Celtic or any other club are willing to spend 1 million on a player entering their final year than clearly this will be an exception. The large majority of the fee would go towards the stadium development.

21 posts, claims hearts don't have a bigger support than hibs or aberdeen, despite having consistently bigger crowds than hibs than Aberdeen for all but exceptional years.. Have taken bigger crowds to all big games against hibs and aberdeen..

I'd be intersted to see your evidence, given there is absolutely no evidence.

Launch this hobo fud

If Calum goes to Celtic and I know his family I would be very surprised. However he is not getting on well

with management at the moment.  That, could be worked on. 

I got over that sort of thing a while ago. It's hard to take, but smaller teams with much less prestige than PNE can offer SKY TV customer money to attract our better players to their benches nowadays unfortunately.

Aberdeen have achieved higher status than us in Europe,  and because they dont' have some " Aberdeen Hibs" to bother about, they have great prospects

and a settled team. We wont catch them this term as I see things. 

But if he wants to more right now thats not OK he should have said so before, this is unsettling and benefits the Celtic. 

Seen Callum and Jordan McGhee(?) walking along Rose Sreet this afternoon both happily chatting away. Didn't have the balls to ask when you going to Celtic!!

Agree knicker nonsense, if these clubs have bigger supports where the hell are they?

I have been told in the past that no Hearts players will be allowed to leave this transfer window however if Celtic or any other club are willing to spend 1 million on a player entering their final year than clearly this will be an exception. The large majority of the fee would go towards the stadium development.

Go and post your drivel on .net and can i suggest for your next presentation a topic about the desperate plight of some football fans who feel the need to go on rival fans forums pretending to support that team.............

Callum won't go to Celtic he's more likely to go down south, but hearts haven't offered him a new deal yet

kingantti1874

Agree knicker nonsense, if these clubs have bigger supports where the hell are they?

No where but the spoonburners imagination

chester copperpot

To be quite frank I have never read such utter shite in ma feckin puff and on here that is saying something.

Fools and their money are easily parted and if you were paid for your presentation then you have done them up like kippers.

I have been to literally hundreds of presentations and in all honesty most of the presenters are slavering welts.

I am sure you are probably a nice chap, so don't take this personally, but I think you are full of shite.

:clap:

To be quite frank I have never read such utter shite in ma feckin puff and on here that is saying something.

Fools and their money are easily parted and if you were paid for your presentation then you have done them up like kippers.

I have been to literally hundreds of presentations and in all honesty most of the presenters are slavering welts.

I am sure you are probably a nice chap, so don't take this personally, but I think you are full of shite.

Ha ha!.The subtlety of a housebrick.

Bazzas right boot

It's very close in terms of crowds between Hearts/ Hibs and Aberdeen.

I honestly believe that in a league without the OF, Aberdeen and Hearts could average 20-25k as they would have a chance of being champions  every year.

Hibs, also would get bigger crowds near this, however they would need to get promoted first!

Aberdeen, imo haven't done well with crowds in recent years, they have  been within touching distance.

of Celtic past two season, however their crowds have averaged around 13k, pretty disappointing given their actual fan base and potential.

The club have also stated that playing budget will not be affected by the stadium.

Jambo 4 Ever

Callum won't go to Celtic he's more likely to go down south, but hearts haven't offered him a new deal yet

How sure ate you of this?

Hopefully he signs a new contract - do you think he would extend if offered?

How sure ate you of this?

Hopefully he signs a new contract - do you think he would extend if offered?

I think he might sign a contract, he knows the importance of playing regularly , unfortunately I don't think he has a great relationship with neilson

I've nothing new to say on this but I noticed that my post count was sitting at 1888 and I'm not having it.

Jambo 4 Ever

I think he might sign a contract, he knows the importance of playing regularly , unfortunately I don't think he has a great relationship with neilson

Hopefully neilson can sort that relationship out!

And hopefully he will be offered a new contract!!

The Old Tolbooth

I've nothing new to say on this but I noticed that my post count was sitting at 1888 and I'm not having it.

Brilliant [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not having a go at any one but it's funny when these things happen at clubs. If it's a good player the manager gets stick when it's a shit player they've got an attitude problem and the the club needs to get shot of them. Add in if they're not from these shores and stropy foreigner gets thrown in.

In this case I think looking in both parties have to share the blame. Under previous managers Patterson has been allowed to run about daft doing what he wants. This management team are trying to discipline his play and work on his defending but by doing so his natural instinct to run about daft are being subdued and he probably doesn't like it much.

I think there's a middle ground but it's looking increasingly likely he'll progress elsewhere in the near future. Unless he does as he's told or robbie loosens the reins a bit.

personally I'd make him captain and let him take on more responsibility for the team performance it might calm him down. He's as mad as a box of frogs off the pitch and I think we forget how young he is.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Still not heard anything regarding PNE making a bid, think this interest has come from Callum Woods getting injured in a friendly during the week and is out for the rest of the season.

I think they only have Chris Humphrey available at right back.

i wish jj was my dad

I love guys like CP that feel it as much as we do and I forgave last year's tantrums for that reason but this is a defining season for him.  Another year of regular football might be the difference between a good move and a proper big money move for him. 

This regime has a good record on helping players move on so I'd like to think he'll sign a contract and we'll let him go for a fee that makes everyone happy.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

I love guys like CP that feel it as much as we do and I forgave last year's tantrums for that reason but this is a defining season for him. Another year of regular football might be the difference between a good move and a proper big money move for him.

This regime has a good record on helping players move on so I'd like to think he'll sign a contract and we'll let him go for a fee that makes everyone happy.

Not being a **** but what players have moved on that makes this regime as having a good record?

Genuinely can only think of Sow!

:D

I did the same when I noticed I was on 1875 posts. Infantile and ridiculous but I just couldn't help myself.

Captain Canada

Not being a **** but what players have moved on that makes this regime as having a good record?

Agreed. For a club that wants to develop players, our record so far is poor. Sow improved and got a big money move but most other players have gone stagnant or backwards in the last two seasons.

Nicholson and King are two prime examples of this. Oshinawa has gone from poor to abysmal and Juanma has regressed from half decent to woeful.

Agreed. For a club that wants to develop players, our record so far is poor. Sow improved and got a big money move but most other players have gone stagnant or backwards in the last two seasons.

Nicholson and King are two prime examples of this. Oshinawa has gone from poor to abysmal and Juanma has regressed from half decent to woeful.

Yes 2 years should be more than enough time to identify, develop and sell on those 'developed' players  !!

We were told this is not a short term plan but we are very quick to forget this when it does not fit the aspirations of some in such a short timescale.

Players are not machines and there is no g'tee they will kick on and take that next step even if they were with the worlds best coaches during that time........there are hundreds who have not developed at clubs like Barcelona or Real Madrid or Manchester United etc etc. In most cases the players are simply not good enough not because of the poor structure they are working within.

I'm afraid perfection in the transfer market is again not realistic. Players will be signed with good intentions and in the hope they may kick on but at our level it is harder to find those gems at prices we can afford. We will get some right and some wrong and those behind the scenes know this, I'm just surprised fans don't realise this as well.

We've all seen players even at extortionate prices fail to succeed.

Don't blame him especially with levein in the background and the tactics we play under neilson and the drivel that comes out his mouth

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

i wish jj was my dad

We didn't ask for fees for the likes of McHattie, Keatings, Brad etc and we let Holt go for a nominal fee and we seem to be doing the same with Jordan. We haven't stood in anyone's way. 

gorgie rd eh11

I don't think you're to wrong there. Unfortonately for hibs most of their support are chavvy ****wits who only associate themselves with the club to pretend they are hard men.

Hearts fans on the other hand go to the games.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

We didn't ask for fees for the likes of McHattie, Keatings, Brad etc and we let Holt go for a nominal fee and we seem to be doing the same with Jordan. We haven't stood in anyone's way.

Get where you're coming from, but surely success can only be measured against the income we bring in from the sales of our "home-grown" players or players brought in from overseas?

Get where you're coming from, but surely success can only be measured against the income we bring in from the sales of our "home-grown" players or players brought in from overseas?

If those players perform well on the park for a couple off seasons but don't gain us any money from their transfer, that would still be a success.

If that's true then it's shocking administrative mis-management. To let one of your supposed prize assets run down to within 6 months of talking to other clubs. Nah. Not having it.

Why would he not go to Celtic. They are the biggest club by a distance that he would even have a hope of getting a game for.

If that's true then it's shocking administrative mis-management. To let one of your supposed prize assets run down to within 6 months of talking to other clubs. Nah. Not having it.

Why would he not go to Celtic. They are the biggest club by a distance that he would even have a hope of getting a game for.

Regular football , won't be a guarantee of regular football at Celtic

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

If that's true then it's shocking administrative mis-management. To let one of your supposed prize assets run down to within 6 months of talking to other clubs. Nah. }b]Not having it.[/b]

:rofl:

What you going to do? Citizens arrest Craig Levein at Riccarton for crimes against HMFC?

Seymour M Hersh

Cunningly disguised as green and red seats?

Regular football , won't be a guarantee of regular football at Celtic

You could say that about Paterson going to any club above Hearts level. If regular football is at the top of his wish list he should sign with us for another couple of years. I think he'll be looking for a bigger challenge and bigger money though.

You could say that about Paterson going to any club above Hearts level. If regular football is at the top of his wish list he should sign with us for another couple of years. I think he'll be looking for a bigger challenge and bigger money though.

I'd love to see him sign another contract and I'm sure he will consider that when Hearts get round to offering him one

Thats a cracker, laughed at that

Gigolo-Aunt

Patterson will be punted before the transfer window closes. 

That a guess or have you heard something mate?

Patterson will be punted before the transfer window closes.

The smart thing to do if he won't sign extension

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'd love to see him sign another contract and I'm sure he will consider that when Hearts get round to offering him one

You seriously think we haven't????

He refused it.

the big show

You seriously think we haven't????

He refused it.

Correct it has been on going for months . it tells it;s own story though and along with a few others that will do the exact same it's not a coincidence .

Absolutely. Whatever strategy we believe we are adopting, we've failed. Now obviously from the outside of things we aren't party to the machinations of agents or know whether some of these players have nowt but sawdust between their ears but even so, I don't have faith in CL/Neilson - at this point in time - to  manage young talent through to a point they are a highly valuable asset.

Maybe time will tell and prove me spectacularly wrong - and it's just that the best talent hasn't yet come through the academy - but I wouldn't bet on that.

Absolutely. Whatever strategy we believe we are adopting, we've failed. Now obviously from the outside of things we aren't party to the machinations of agents or know whether some of these players have nowt but sawdust between their ears but even so, I don't have faith in CL/Neilson - at this point in time - to manage young talent through to a point they are a highly valuable asset.

Maybe time will tell and prove me spectacularly wrong - and it's just that the best talent hasn't yet come through the academy - but I wouldn't bet on that.

Failed in developing players after two years?

You at the wind up?

stirlingshirejambo

Correct it has been on going for months . it tells it;s own story though and along with a few others that will do the exact same it's not a coincidence .

And pray tell us oh wise one what does it tell us

They think they can get more elsewhere

They think they are better than they are

Hearts offer doesn't match the fantasist offer their agents are whispering in their ear

Hearts don't want to upset wage system for someone in the hope of cashing in

They don't like neilson

They don't like Levein

They don't like training double or triple shifts

Could be any of the above or a combination but as usual you drop in an assumption that you have made up expecting us to believe you have the ear of the inner ring of first traders.....unless you have hard facts to back it up of course

Plays for the jersey does Paterson. We should offer to pay him in Next vouchers.

Archived