Celtic declaring interest in Paterson

mr fox

Nobody in our team is irreplaceable.If the price is right sell if not dont sell.He will need to spend a hell of a lot of time on the training field crossing balls.Paterson has time on his hands though he seems to have been around for ages but hes still young.If hes no happy let him go cash in and get someone else.

It's the get someone else that's the problem going by some of the recent signings.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paterson is an excellent young player. We should push the boat or to give him the new deal he is after, then move him on.

He will not be easy to replace and Smith was utterly howling last game.

Paterson is an excellent young player. We should push the boat or to give him the new deal he is after, then move him on.

Do we know that he is after a new deal? I've not seen any whispers about him holding out for an improved contract.

Paterson has had 4 full seasons with Hearts and played well over 100 games. Now is the time to sell imo.

Paterson and the club have been good for each other. Hope the hate brigade don't turn on him if/when he leaves.

I'd be happy to sell Paterson. I don't know why, but I get the impression he's a bit of a disruptive influence and who has a stinking attitude problem.

With only 1 year to run on his existing contract, now is the time to get some dosh for him.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Captain America

Paterson is a player I do think we would miss going forward more than in defence. 7 goals last season from RB is quite impressive.

Been impressed whenever I have seen Smith but due to his age, his form may be dip at times. Souttar seems a decent shout at RB aswell.

A defence of Souttar Ozturk Rossi Rherras would be pretty solid I think.

I am more inclined to take money now rather than lose him for nothing next season but kinda depends on whether contract talks are 100% over or not. 

heartsfc_fan

We could play Rherras at right back (he is right footed after all).

Jamtarts-1874

Hopefully he signs a new deal. Would be spewing if we got Scot Allan in for him though. L. Henderson or Christie on a permanant deal wouldnt be so bad but cant see it

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If 400k is true Hearts need to instigate an auction in England soon

Paterson has been one of our best players since he broke into the team. I dont claim to be ITK or have sources or have met him, so cant speak to his attitude or influence. I am gathering that quite a few who make such claims on here are attention seeking trolls. As a footballer we have not had a better attacking full back in years. He is far from complete, but as a player who can lift the crowd at times and unsettle opponents he is one of the best in Scotland.

If as seems likely he wants to try earn more money and play for a bigger club in a better league I have no problem with that. More young Scots players should be thinking like that. I doubt our best offer would compete with one from and English Championship club, or Celtic. For folk losing their s*** with him for not signing in blood til he retires, grow up. If you could earn triple your money or more, would you not?

We need to be realistic, we are a well supported provincial club in a low income low value league. The model is to sell on players who can play at a better level, hopefully once we have taken them as far as we can. Of course only a couple of players a year if at all will make that.

Perhaps if the stars had aligned and we had improved significantly on last years sqaud and been playing Krasnodar this week (and hey maybe even a vocal minority of hearts fans not become overly critical fuds of certain players including CP) maybe he would have signed on for another year or so to see where we were this year. As it is I think he has been away with Scotlamd, looked around at training and thought yeah its time to move on up.

If he goes best of luck to him wherever it is, hopefully down south and hopefully for a healthy fee.

Paterson has been one of our best players since he broke into the team. I dont claim to be ITK or have sources or have met him, so cant speak to his attitude or influence. I am gathering that quite a few who make such claims on here are attention seeking trolls. As a footballer we have not had a better attacking full back in years. He is far from complete, but as a player who can lift the crowd at times and unsettle opponents he is one of the best in Scotland.

If as seems likely he wants to try earn more money and play for a bigger club in a better league I have no problem with that. More young Scots players should be thinking like that. I doubt our best offer would compete with one from and English Championship club, or Celtic. For folk losing their s*** with him for not signing in blood til he retires, grow up. If you could earn triple your money or more, would you not?

We need to be realistic, we are a well supported provincial club in a low income low value league. The model is to sell on players who can play at a better level, hopefully once we have taken them as far as we can. Of course only a couple of players a year if at all will make that.

Perhaps if the stars had aligned and we had improved significantly on last years sqaud and been playing Krasnodar this week (and hey maybe even a vocal minority of hearts fans not become overly critical fuds of certain players including CP) maybe he would have signed on for another year or so to see where we were this year. As it is I think he has been away with Scotlamd, looked around at training and thought yeah its time to move on up.

If he goes best of luck to him wherever it is, hopefully down south and hopefully for a healthy fee.

Sniff.

Pardon?

We played Liverpool in the Europa 4 years back. Rodgers was manager. Paterson played both legs and out performed Sterling.

Seymour M Hersh

Provincial club you say. A club from the capital city a provincial club you say? 

Sniff.

Major smell about that one. Either he is thick and doesn't know what provincial means or he's a mhanky ******. 

We are NOT a provincial club.

We are NOT a provincial club.

Correct, in fact, we ARE the establishment club in Scotland as has been proven in the past.

Or both. But yeah the stench is obvious.

My point was in the context of British football. Apologies for the obvious apoplexy caused.

Sell paterson for money get GMS or Allan on season loan and buy Greg Stewart that's what I'd dae

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sell paterson for money get GMS or Allan on season loan and buy Greg Stewart that's what I'd dae

Greg Stewart won't be going anywhere for less than 7/800k. If you want a player from Celtic aswell there's no danger we.ll get anywhere near that in cash.

My point was in the context of British football. Apologies for the obvious apoplexy caused.

We're not a provincial team in any sense of the word.

So, in summary, Paterson hasn't signed a new deal, still has around a year left, and Celtic haven't actually declared an interest.  Zattit?

Our club hasn't said anything one way or the other. It's common knowledge he only has a year left on his contract, so no surprise this rubbish is in the paper a week before we play the Timsville Shamrocks..

Jambo 4 Ever

So, in summary, Paterson hasn't signed a new deal yet, still has around a year left, and Celtic haven't actually declared an interest.  Zattit?

FTFY

alicante jambo

Realistically what should we be looking at for paterson?Still young but got loads to learn cant even cross a ball.I ass ume we would want more from an english team as theres more money down there.Some people saying 300k some 1mill what genuinly should we accept.Cash only no loans.

Anything less than a million we would be better keeping Patterson and have what he offers IMO.

The mere fact Preston North End, a shithole may I add, could sign one of our better players is everything that is wrong with football.

heartsfc_fan

Realistically what should we be looking at for paterson?Still young but got loads to learn cant even cross a ball.I ass ume we would want more from an english team as theres more money down there.Some people saying 300k some 1mill what genuinly should we accept.Cash only no loans.

?1 million minimum

We played Liverpool in the Europa 4 years back. Rodgers was manager. Paterson played both legs and out performed Sterling.

Ok so was there any requirement for the abuse? I was simply asking a question based on an early post stating Rodgers rates him highly. After 180 mins of football Patterson must have impressed. I was somewhat delirious in Liverpool to notice how well Patterson played.

Speaking of which Templeton what a complete waste of talent right there. Where is he now?

BrellierBoy

Meanwhile, back on planet earth.........we will replace with cheap unknown foreigner.

Bazzas right boot

Capital city team.

3 bigest supportted in Country

3rd/ 4th most cups won/ highest position's  in league ( very tight with Aberdeen )

If we are provincial, what does that make the other 38/39 teams ?

You sound like Andy Walker, and he's a tit, actually he's a massive bell end.

Ok so was there any requirement for the abuse? I was simply asking a question based on an early post stating Rodgers rates him highly. After 180 mins of football Patterson must have impressed. I was somewhat delirious in Liverpool to notice how well Patterson played.

Speaking of which Templeton what a complete waste of talent right there. Where is he now?

There wasn't.

I apologise.

Paterson played remarkably well both games.

How bad is it when we're talking about Preston taking one of or best players

I got over that sort of thing a while ago. It's hard to take, but smaller teams with much less prestige than PNE can offer SKY TV customer money to attract our better players to their benches nowadays unfortunately.

Wouldn't be bothered if any of our players left. None are exactly world beaters and all our 'golden generation' have stagnated.

I think the build Callum is now hinders him more than it helps him. Looking back at the Liverpool game, he was a lot sharper and quicker over a few yards. If he continues bulking him at the rate he is he is going to become the Scottish Michah Richards.

A Man Named Jambo

Capital city team.

3 bigest supportted in Country

3rd/ 4th most cups won/ highest position's  in league ( very tight with Aberdeen )

If we are provincial, what does that make the other 38/39 teams ?

You sound like Andy Walker, and he's a tit, actually he's a massive bell end.

We most certainly are not a provincial club as rightly pointed out we are a capital side club, same goes for Hibs. Despite having slightly larger crowds than Aberdeen and Hibs, really since the Romanov days and with the near bankruptcy of our club I don't think we can outright say we are the third best supported club in Scotland. I provided a presentation regarding the current state of Scottish Football at PWC which illustrated that Hibs have claim to a larger support compared to ourselves and that Aberdeen have a much greater catchment area than the pair of us. Aberdeen are actually a very expensive club to follow and with the lack of money in the NE, they are doing pretty well under the given circumstances. We have been in unique circumstances over the last 10-15 years which has meant required our fans to show up in order to ensure the existence of our club.

I have been told in the past that no Hearts players will be allowed to leave this transfer window however if Celtic or any other club are willing to spend 1 million on a player entering their final year than clearly this will be an exception. The large majority of the fee would go towards the stadium development.

Francis Albert

We most certainly are not a provincial club as rightly pointed out we are a capital side club, same goes for Hibs. Despite having slightly larger crowds than Aberdeen and Hibs, really since the Romanov days and with the near bankruptcy of our club I don't think we can outright say we are the third best supported club in Scotland. I provided a presentation regarding the current state of Scottish Football at PWC which illustrated that Hibs have claim to a larger support compared to ourselves and that Aberdeen have a much greater catchment area than the pair of us. Aberdeen are actually a very expensive club to follow and with the lack of money in the NE, they are doing pretty well under the given circumstances. We have been in unique circumstances over the last 10-15 years which has meant required our fans to show up in order to ensure the existence of our club.

I have been told in the past that no Hearts players will be allowed to leave this transfer window however if Celtic or any other club are willing to spend 1 million on a player entering their final year than clearly this will be an exception. The large majority of the fee would go towards the stadium development.

I'd be fascinated to see the evidence that Hibs have a larger support (or "claim to a larger support") than Hearts or that Aberdeen have a "much greater catchment area" than Hearts and Hibs.

Also how much if anything you got paid for this analysis.

Randle P McMurphy

Your erse

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

We average 7 thousand more than Hibs and 4 thousand more than Aberdeen. We have had the 3rd highest attendance since 2004 when folk were boycotting against Pieman and even then we were only just pipped by one of them if I remember. Correct me if I'm wrong. Our average would be a couple of thousand higher if we had the stadium capacity as well. Folk aren't still turning up to keep us in existence and during the early Vlad years none of the Hearts fans I know ever thought we would go out of business. That was until the shit hit the fan and everyone obviously rallied round.

The Aberdeen catchment area debate is pointless as a lot of the towns around Aberdeen seem to hate the city and mainly support Rangers. The population of Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire is about 400k, the Lothians is 800k so I'd say we have a similar catchment area.

Compared to Hibs, we have constantly a higher attendance, we have more season ticket holders. We had more fans subscribe to our share scheme (pre admin), and have more members to our fan ownership scheme.

I would be interested to hear how you concluded Hibs could claim to be more supported.

It's a pity you used the word provincial incorrectly, which has been pounced upon (not without justification) as if you had omitted that one word I agree pretty much with your whole post, except wishing him all the best if he goes to Celtic.

So far according to A Man Named Jambo, today:

Pre-Romanov, Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen were comfortably the the three dominant clubs in Scottish football.

Hearts support has rallied recently after we nearly went bust, but we should not think we can compete with Aberdeen long term who have 13-14k average crowds that we will slip behind going forwards.

Hibs and Aberdeen have larger supports than Hearts.

Far be it from me to suggest someone is at it, but... :rofl:

Compared to Hibs, we have constantly a higher attendance, we have more season ticket holders. We had more fans subscribe to our share scheme (pre admin), and have more members to our fan ownership scheme.

I would be interested to hear how you concluded Hibs could claim to be more supported.

*Awaits a head count estimate about size of crowds who came to watch cup parades*

We are not a provincial club.We are The Heart of Midlothian.In my opinion we are the best supported team in the country.Not the biggest obviously but not full of glory hunters .If Paterson wishes to leave its up to him and I would wish him well.

Fxxx the SPFL

To be quite frank I have never read such utter shite in ma feckin puff and on here that is saying something.

Fools and their money are easily parted and if you were paid for your presentation then you have done them up like kippers.

I have been to literally hundreds of presentations and in all honesty most of the presenters are slavering welts.

I am sure you are probably a nice chap, so don't take this personally, but I think you are full of shite.

hear hear biggest lot of utter keech I have read on kickback (today)

To be quite frank I have never read such utter shite in ma feckin puff and on here that is saying something.

Fools and their money are easily parted and if you were paid for your presentation then you have done them up like kippers.

I have been to literally hundreds of presentations and in all honesty most of the presenters are slavering welts.

I am sure you are probably a nice chap, so don't take this personally, but I think you are full of shite.

Grudging praise

Archived