What do we know about FC Krasnodar?

tartofmidlothian

Two stops is bizarre. One is unlikely but possible if the management want to limit the time that the players are sitting on the plane. Could it be that there would be one stop but it hasn't been decided if it would be in Milan or Kiev?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In europe?I genuinly thought we were the first.Ah well cheers for that anyway.

Wallace Mercer's quote stated that no Scottish team had won at that stadium before, IIRC.

alicante jambo

Cheers im sure i was right.Was it called the arnold shwatsneiger or something like that?

132goals1958

Why would it need to stop even once ? It's less flying distance than Cyprus. A 6 hour flight at most.

Milan to Kiev is a ridiculous departure from the straight route.

Nut. This isnae happening. Makes no sense whatever.

I don,t think it is straight as I am sure you have to take a left at Tranent.!!!!!!!

Flankengott

Cheers im sure i was right.Was it called the arnold shwatsneiger or something like that?

We played Austria Vienna in the Prater Stadion,which is now known as the Ernst Happel Stadion.The Arnold Schwarzenegger Stadion was in Graz and was the home of Sturm Graz and Grazer A K. I think city council renamed the stadium in reaction to something Arnie did as California governer. 

alicante jambo

We played Austria Vienna in the Prater Stadion,which is now known as the Ernst Happel Stadion.The Arnold Schwarzenegger Stadion was in Graz and was the home of Sturm Graz and Grazer A K. I think city council renamed the stadium in reaction to something Arnie did as California governer.

Thanks for that.

If we were to beat Krasnodar, even in just one game, it would be up there with our clubs greatest results ever.

That is the size of this potential tie.

I for one am well up for it.

If we were to beat Krasnodar, even in just one game, it would be up there with our clubs greatest results ever.

That is the size of this potential tie.

I for one am well up for it.

This is the attitude we need to have going into this.

In a year where Leicester won the Premier League, Iceland knocked England out of the Euro quarter-finals, and Gibralter's Red Imps beat Celtic I'd be willing to say the chances of us beating this mob are much better in comparison.

By The Light..

They are 9th favourites at 30/1 to win the Europa League, ahead of West Ham, Hertha Berlin and Braga. We are 500/1.

Bring it on.

Stephen Muddie

They are 9th favourites at 30/1 to win the Europa League, ahead of West Ham, Hertha Berlin and Braga. We are 500/1.

Bring it on.

West Ham won't care about winning it. They get more TV money for a couple of Prem games than Europa prize money if they won every game on the way to winning the thing.

Anyone brave enough to back us for the cup?

pettigrewsstylist

Two stops is bizarre. One is unlikely but possible if the management want to limit the time that the players are sitting on the plane. Could it be that there would be one stop but it hasn't been decided if it would be in Milan or Kiev?

Cheaper fuel,,,nap!

Cheaper fuel,,,nap!

No worth it if you have to take off and climb again

There might be a case for a leg stretch stop for an hour I suppose. Depends what the science says is best. Not convinced it will stop.

portobellojambo1

No worth it if you have to take off and climb again

There might be a case for a leg stretch stop for an hour I suppose. Depends what the science says is best. Not convinced it will stop.

While I'm waiting for confirmation the fact is that a chartered flight, if it can fly direct and over Ukraine air space will be in Krasnodar in around 4 Hours 35 minutes, which is only 30 minutes longer than a flight to Athens, for example and less time than it takes to get to Turkey. I can understand if the club are raising certain questions but if they can fly the route they want to fly I cannot see why any stops would be necessary. They could even bypass Eastern Ukraine airspace by flying East across the Black Sea.

Jambo 4 Ever

Do we know for sure that the home game will be next Thursday - 28th?  Is there any chance it could be a different day?

Jambo 4 Ever

This is the attitude we need to have going into this.

In a year where Leicester won the Premier League, Iceland knocked England out of the Euro quarter-finals, and Gibralter's Red Imps beat Celtic I'd be willing to say the chances of us beating this mob are much better in comparison.

True - but what are our chances really?

Bring it on.

Where are you seeing them at 30/1? Oddschecker has them ranging from 66/1 - 100/1.

True - but what are our chances really?

I'm not saying our chances are all that great. Given it's likely we'll lose in QR3, I'd rather live in hope until that point - the eternal optimist in me is still holding out for the group stages

. They could even bypass Eastern Ukraine airspace by flying East across the Black Sea.

Not that Im a pilot or anything but the way to go would be down as far as Bucharest and turn west, over the Black Sea and into Krasnodar. As you say, its about the same as a Turkey flight (which also route themselves over Bucharest) so less than 5 hours. I wonder if perhaps they want to go a day early to get used to the heat ? Hope not as I am on the list for one of 2 seats our work usually get offered and I cant go if its Tuesday

Rocco_Jambo

West Ham won't care about winning it. They get more TV money for a couple of Prem games than Europa prize money if they won every game on the way to winning the thing.

Anyone brave enough to back us for the cup?

They will care because they will qualify for the champions league the following season.

Obviously we would be underdogs. Still, we have won as underdogs in the past. The problem with this tournament nowadays is that with coefficient and seeding, if we did play out of our skins and sneak by them, we would still have a play off game to manoeuvre afterwards against a team possibly a step up in class again. When we overcame Braga despite being underdogs, we were in to the group stage. It's just so much more difficult now, and the dearth of money in our game means we cannot attract the standard of player needed to go the distance required.

Had a look on the map to see where it is and it's on the Eastern side of the Black Sea so it will be hot and a long way to travel.

They have about three giants in their defence and some smaller stocky looking indivduals who look as if they will be able to look after themselves.

So they will no doubt be knocking players like Nicholson and Walker off the ball easily I would imagine.

Can't imagine that we will have much hope of coming through as winners aginst this lot.

Well what's the point of beating Birkirkara.....let them have the tie and save ourselves an embarrassment. ......it's 11 v 11.... anything can happen ffs ...

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Watt-Zeefuik

Obviously we would be underdogs. Still, we have won as underdogs in the past. The problem with this tournament nowadays is that with coefficient and seeding, if we did play out of our skins and sneak by them, we would still have a play off game to manoeuvre afterwards against a team possibly a step up in class again. When we overcame Braga despite being underdogs, we were in to the group stage. It's just so much more difficult now, and the dearth of money in our game means we cannot attract the standard of player needed to go the distance required.

Have to take the long view here -- if we beat them, we've done very good work on our own coefficient and maybe helped recover Scotland's a bit.  We also get a chance at a big game -- yes, I want to get a draw where we avoid another Liverpool or Spurs, but if we do get another whale, well, it's a fun European night out and a moneyspinner.

Qualify again next season and maybe we get to skip the first round.  Do it again the following season and maybe we get seeded in the third round and get a Hibs-class team to beat up on and another crack at the playoff draws.

Have to take the long view here -- if we beat them, we've done very good work on our own coefficient and maybe helped recover Scotland's a bit. We also get a chance at a big game -- yes, I want to get a draw where we avoid another Liverpool or Spurs, but if we do get another whale, well, it's a fun European night out and a moneyspinner.

Qualify again next season and maybe we get to skip the first round. Do it again the following season and maybe we get seeded in the third round and get a Hibs-class team to beat up on and another crack at the playoff draws.

Yeah, I understand all of that and agree. I even think the experience of playing Infotel and Birkirkara is invaluable. Playing European and international football tests our players in such a way that playing the same 11 teams plus a couple of cup ties against other opposition does not. That is even taking in to account the lower ranking of the two European opponents we have played so far. We have such a small repetitive set up here, that players can sometimes fail to improve due to not having to adjust their game as they tend to be up against the same players every week for years, occasionally those players are in a different top, but invariably they know how they play and what is required to beat them. Playing different players in different competitions at a decent level is massive for a player's development.

Watt-Zeefuik

Yeah, I understand all of that and agree. I even think the experience of playing Infotel and Birkirkara is invaluable. Playing European and international football tests our players in such a way that playing the same 11 teams plus a couple of cup ties against other opposition does not. That is even taking in to account the lower ranking of the two European opponents we have played so far. We have such a small repetitive set up here, that players can sometimes fail to improve due to not having to adjust their game as they tend to be up against the same players every week for years, occasionally those players are in a different top, but invariably they know how they play and what is required to beat them. Playing different players in different competitions at a decent level is massive for a player's development.

Agreed with all of that.  

portobellojambo1

Not that Im a pilot or anything but the way to go would be down as far as Bucharest and turn west, over the Black Sea and into Krasnodar. As you say, its about the same as a Turkey flight (which also route themselves over Bucharest) so less than 5 hours. I wonder if perhaps they want to go a day early to get used to the heat ? Hope not as I am on the list for one of 2 seats our work usually get offered and I cant go if its Tuesday

Similar, I ain't no pilot, it was just a quick glance at a map and it looked like a means of getting from A to B. Realise it is a way more complicated than that in determining getting from A to B so the way you suggest may be more sensible (I don't even know if the Russians allow flights over the Black Sea, is it not somewhere where a lot of their naval power is both holed up and carries out tests). I was originally told I would be unable to get any holidays June to August, inclusive, but put in a request today, for referral to management for 2 August to 5 August, although said might only need three days. Not sure I'll get any but think I'll have more chance of them saying yes to 3 days if they going to say yes at all. I'm guessing everything will become clear on Friday if we win Thursday night, including departure date and price, which I suspect could be 4 figures. You might also be right with trying to get used to the heat, temperature has been as high as 38C recently, and it don't look as if it is going to get much cooler in the near future

Similar, I ain't no pilot, it was just a quick glance at a map and it looked like a means of getting from A to B. Realise it is a way more complicated than that in determining getting from A to B so the way you suggest may be more sensible (I don't even know if the Russians allow flights over the Black Sea, is it not somewhere where a lot of their naval power is both holed up and carries out tests). I was originally told I would be unable to get any holidays June to August, inclusive, but put in a request today, for referral to management for 2 August to 5 August, although said might only need three days. Not sure I'll get any but think I'll have more chance of them saying yes to 3 days if they going to say yes at all. I'm guessing everything will become clear on Friday if we win Thursday night, including departure date and price, which I suspect could be 4 figures. You might also be right with trying to get used to the heat, temperature has been as high as 38C recently, and it don't look as if it is going to get much cooler in the near future

Just go on the panel.

Self cert.

Job's a guid un

By The Light..

Where are you seeing them at 30/1? Oddschecker has them ranging from 66/1 - 100/1.

Thanks for the response, i saw this on 888 sport which is a crap site tbf. I agree up to 100 available.

Note to self use oddschecker more often!

...andFulton'sBaggio

I suspect we won't be making it past them if we get through.

That's the spirit!

To be fair if they are 9th best in the comp we'd be pretty unlucky to get a tougher team.

To be fair if they are 9th best in the comp we'd be pretty unlucky to get a tougher team.

I'm definitely not understating how tough they will be man. Do CL drop outs not join the play off stage though?

boy_in_maroon

I know that they'll now be playing Birkirkara in the next qualifying stage of the europa cup!

tartofmidlothian

I know that they'll now be playing Birkirkara in the next qualifying stage of the europa cup!

And they'll pump them like they would have pumped us.

Archived