What do we know about FC Krasnodar?

tartofmidlothian

Been to Russia before but not to  Kasnodar and no problem with locals if you are Scottish as they have a great affinity with Rabbie Burns and St Andrew.

Following European Championships best not to display Union Jacks.

Expensive to get there and Visa required which can take a fortnight to get a hold off  - much easier if you do it through an organised trip. 

All good info. 

If we get past Birkirkara, and you were to fancy going, it's probably best to get the visa sorted now.

If we get knocked out, you can always take a short break to Russia for a wee holiday! :thumbsup:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is quite near Sochi isn't it, sort of roughly.

yes, around four hours by train

and it would be an option for travellers wanting a short holiday.

Overnight train (6 hours) back to Sochi after the game

A total of 14 fans made the trip to Liverpool when they played Everton 2 years ago................10 hour trip

Everton fans flew Gatwick to Moscow then on to Krasnodar in many cases

Nice article below explains a bit about the city and club as well as their local rivals

http://thesefootballtimes.co/2015/06/24/a-tale-of-one-city-krasnodar/

Some of it below.....

In comparison Galitskiy becomes an even rarer example of an extremely wealthy owner with patience. His attitude to his new club has been both unexpected and refreshing for a man who had made his way by finding the most convenient and efficient route to success, but it has started to reap dividends already. Player development, and not lavish expenditure, has been the driving force behind his philosophy, which has seen him establish not just an academy for the club, but a whole network of schools around the region. He realised that to gain the upper hand in the battle against their cross-town rivals, it was necessary not only to win over the city, but the whole of Krasnodar Krai.

?I respect this man. He seems to be free from stereotypes and really does things, such as the academy, the stadium, and doesn?t just talk and get richer,? she said. ?I have visited Krasnodar?s football academy quite often and I really like the atmosphere there. Relaxed, but still goal-orientated. He not only built a simple pitch but has established a really good school with all necessary add-ons. Once we even had Pel? attending Krasnodar Academy; every single pupil was invited. That was huge.?

Understanding how to win over fans to his new project ahead of the loyal following of the city?s historical club has been crucial to building such powerful momentum. Bearing in mind the eye-watering scale of the nation, it is not only the fans that have had to be convinced, but players too: ?Until three years ago, the best young players were overwhelmingly choosing the Green and Gold [of Kuban],? says Moore. ?However Galitskiy made it his priority, using very basic business methods, to make Krasnodar not just the team of the city, but the club for Krasnodar Krai. His establishment of football schools, all tightly controlled from their home base, with great quality facilities, has now turned the tables on Kuban.?

For all this apparently philanthropic approach to running a club, money will only talk so much in Russia. Knowing how to operate is absolutely critical to surviving whatever form of business one chooses, and Galitskiy is a master.

?Nobody does business at the top-level without knowing which side of their bread is buttered, so he has been able to speak out, yet not really rock the boat. He is relatively close with Vitaliy Mutko, and thus within the Kremlin circle,? Moore concludes.

Russian football following contains a certain element intent on aping the aggressive ultras of their Italian counterparts, and in Krasnodar it is no different. Kuban?s Tribuna Yug (South Stand) group often stage marches en-masse on match days stripped to the waist to reveal their tattooed torsos, but their rival?s owner, ever the mediator, has taken unusual steps to avoid this kind of following for his own club. He offered fans of Russia?s most-supported clubs, Zenit and Spartak, free tickets on the condition that they behaved themselves while in town.

The charm offensive that the Armenian-born founder of Magnit, Russia?s largest retailer, carefully planned and executed has not been matched by his rival club. Anastasia recalls her early impressions of football in the city: ?Once I attended a match at that time and I wasn?t fascinated at all. It was mostly because of local people?s attitude and behaviour. They used to fight, do what opposing gangs do??

What is the deadline to sign players that can play in this tie?

Not that I am saying we sign players just for this game.

Can't find anything for the 16/17 season, but for the 15/16 season it was 6 days before the first leg. So I'd guess around 22nd July.

http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/23/69/59/2236959_DOWNLOAD.pdf

airdriejambo3

dont think its an impossible task, if we can get a victory over here and not lose any away goals then a defending masterclass in russia then we are in business, there is always underdogs that get taken way too lightly at this stage every year that pull of shocks, but lets get the maltesers out the way first.

Bazzas right boot

They may have internationals, and the heat won't be great, however how are they going to handle a team that play in pink and yellow , they haven't been tested against that yet!

Rudolf's Mate

If we put in a brilliant performance next week then I'll have carry a bit of optimism. If we put in more of the same then I'll fear for the worst. 

Are we definitely at home first? This is very important to me. :lol:

Looks like it but maybe it can still change.  Nightmare because I'm on holiday for the second leg of the second qualifying round and the first leg of the third qualifying round meaning I'll be missing both the home games assuming we get through.  At least I got to see the 2-1 win against Infonet...

John mcCartney

that jim carey thing very funny

reckon we will get smashed at football and also the loyalists who go over with their union jacks

pettigrewsstylist

They will beast us.

Agreed , barring a couple of massive performances , of the likes we havn't seen in a long time :(

Watt-Zeefuik

We'll be the underdog, but we can't bump on about a title challenge in the SPFL some day and yet go into this afraid.

Need to make sure we dispatch the Maltese first, but just reading about the club, it's clear that if we take care of business, the Jambos will be back to playing true European challenges and that is f----ing fantastic.

Think we should bring in Paul Nicholls as a guest trainer as soon as possible  - looks like we could get well and truly horsed by this lot! 

alwaysthereinspirit

Over their short history they've started all games with a goalie and 10 outfield players.

Not much but that's all I have. I'll do more digging.

Over their short history they've started all games with a goalie and 10 outfield players.

Not much but that's all I have. I'll do more digging.

Had a look on the map to see where it is and it's on the Eastern side of the Black Sea so it will be hot and a long way to travel.

They have about three giants in their defence and some smaller stocky looking indivduals who look as if they will be able to look after themselves.

So they will no doubt be knocking players like Nicholson and Walker off the ball easily I would imagine.

Can't imagine that we will have much hope of coming through as winners aginst this lot.

John Findlay

I bet russian birds are filthy.

Yes I have heard they are reluctant to shower or take a bath. They have no concept on the use of soap. They have a penchant for visiting Glasgow :-)

alicante jambo

I still fancy our chances. **** the negativity I'm all for progression.

This this this

alicante jambo

No mate 1st august.Thats what im saying 4 games under our belts hammerthem at tynie sh up shop in russia.Simple

Phil Dunphy

Better teams have lost to worse teams.

We've nothing to lose, let's just go at them.

They finished last season ahead of 3 out of the big 4 Moscow clubs and just behind Zenit St Petersburg.

They are clearly a quality side and we will need two outstanding performances to compete with them.

If we get through, it will be tough, definitely.

If we believe in ourselves, and have a go, especially in a packed Tynecastle for the first leg, then I believe we could do it.

We beat the mighty Bayern at Tynie and were very unlucky to go out over there

Just saying

And that was when big clubs took the UEFA Cup seriously, and Bayern, as now, were a big club.

Ibrahim Tall

On paper they should bugger us to be honest, virtually every player is a senior international and has played Europa/CL football regularly. Football isn't played on football though, just look at Celtic on Tuesday.

Dusk_Till_Dawn, on 15 Jul 2016 - 3:29 PM, said:Dusk_Till_Dawn, on 15 Jul 2016 - 3:29 PM, said:

I bet russian birds are filthy.

Some will hope so :tiny:

Well, it would be some achievement indeed if we were to get past them. Though I don't doubt we'd get little credit for doing so as they aren't a 'big name' team.

Well, it would be some achievement indeed if we were to get past them. Though I don't doubt we'd get little credit for doing so as they aren't a 'big name' team.

Pish.

I fancy our chances of catching them off guard at tynecastle. We will have 4 competitive games under our belts.

Apart from Tottenham at home our European record is pretty good.

Pish.

What is pish about it? If we do beat them, they are not a fashionable name, so we probably wouldn't get the credit it would deserve (without getting ahead of ourselves).

What is pish about it? If we do beat them, they are not a fashionable name, so we probably wouldn't get the credit it would deserve (without getting ahead of ourselves).

We will get the credit we deserve from anyone who knows football and is worth listening to.

wheatfield to sheffield

Disappointed that no one is jumping the gun and booking their flights yet like at this stage in the first round

alicante jambo

Be carefull with the flights anyway youll need a visa and this could take up.to 10 days maybe more as its busy time.

Let's win the game on thursday then set our sights on beating this Russian team.

colinmaroon

Aren't comedians meant to be funny?

That's why he's called Comedian, so we'll know!

Been to Russia before but not to  Kasnodar and no problem with locals if you are Scottish as they have a great affinity with Rabbie Burns and St Andrew.

Following European Championships best not to display Union Jacks.

Expensive to get there and Visa required which can take a fortnight to get a hold off  - much easier if you do it through an organised trip. 

St Andrew is the patron saint of Russia, as well as Scotland, hence the affinity they have with us.  I agree with you, no Union Jacks, but the Saltire should go down well.

Absolutely right.

Now I've had time to think about it we should probably just sack trying to beat them as it wouldn't be worth it without that sweet credit from **** knows who.

Archived