Orlando mass shooting incident

Norm

Apparently some ****stain has shot 20 people in a gay night club in Orlando and is now holding hostages. Hopefully SWAT have him dancing like a puppet by the end. Let's see some of that police brutality that the US cops seem so fond of.

Orlando Pulse Club shooting: Attacker storms gay nightclub 'and shoots 20 people before taking hostages'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/orlando-pulse-club-shooting-attacker-8171514

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Daydream Believer

Looks horrific and there are still people inside, with reports the suspect may have a bomb.

I assume it's some kind of suspected homophobic attack because everyone is describing it as a gay nightclub in the headlines rather than just a nightclub.

Early reports say 20 dead.

Police and other authorities are treating it as Domestic Terrorism, so that points to this being an anti-LGBT issue.

Shocking.

Early reports say 20 dead.

Police and other authorities are treating it as Domestic Terrorism, so that points to this being an anti-LGBT issue.

Shocking.

Yes, by the biggest anti lgbt bunch on planet. RoP attempting to remodel world in their image yet again. Yet Feminists and other hard left travelers still sympathies and align themselves with them though. Check goldsmiths Maryam namadzie outrage.

Hope milo yaniopolis is all over this like a rash

Sick of this apologism culture despite every poll and theocracy hammering the issue home

William H. Bonney

The daily mail website says it's an act by an Islamic extremist.

Then again they probably churn out that line for most atrocities nowadays.

Salon.com , guardian and fellow bed wetting left goons gonna have trouble articulating their moral gymnastics on this one when silence after cologne didn't quite work

The daily mail website says it's an act by an Islamic extremist.

Then again they probably churn out that line for most atrocities nowadays.

Police are saying so.

Honestly, if I hear 'we are like the Jews' in thirties one more time I might become a full paid up member of the trump clown show. Why is he the only one talking honestly about this? Check Hilary's tweet after Paris.

Riddley Walker

Yes, by the biggest anti lgbt bunch on planet. RoP attempting to remodel world in their image yet again. Yet Feminists and other hard left travelers still sympathies and align themselves with them though. Check goldsmiths Maryam namadzie outrage.

Hope milo yaniopolis is all over this like a rash

Sick of this apologism culture despite every poll and theocracy hammering the issue home

Who are you talking to? Who has been an apologist in this case?

In this specific case, give it 24 hours. More specifically and predictably the liberalencia.

Obama, Kerry and Clinton treat people like morons on this issue.

I invite you to sample the average lbgt or feminist community on campuses on this issue. devoured by identity politics.

Just a couple of wks ago we were informed sidique khan and his gay marriage vote was representative of mainstream attitudes of the ideology and people lapped it up in their Kumbya mindset.

A 2011 poll in uk showed 0% approval for it in Britain as as a valid lifestyle choice. You don't get 0% on any question, not even sample test Qs!

I await pew having the nous to ask about approval for death penalty for it as a choice. People would be stunned by the numbers.

Harry Potter

Very sad news, horrible world we live in, said this before, seems a lot worse since i was a kid , then again never watched the news then.

I wouldnt like to be a homophobe in a US prison.

You wouldn't like to be an islamophobe (word coined by facists, used by cowards to manipulate morons) if you were in a UK jail at the moment. Belmarsh has pretty much been taken over for example.

ToadKiller Dog

Police now revised death figures up to 50 with 52 injured .horrible

Calling it a domestic terror incident

A 29 year old male from a possible Afghan/american background has been named by some media but it is not confirmed

jamboinglasgow

I'll stop posting now. This one has me livid.

Many people are killed and you are livid about who initially people may blame? Think your priorities are messed up.

Many people are killed and you are livid about who initially people may blame? Think your priorities are messed up.

Of ffs you are deluded. But platitudes of sad bad world is of course the way to respond best. Or even imagine pianos tunes etc. and I am unashamedly livid about people's inability to name or recognize the issue when people are so woefully ignorant about this.

Of ffs you are deluded. But platitudes of sad bad world is of course the way to respond best. Or even imagine pianos tunes etc. and I am unashamedly livid about people's inability to name or recognize the issue when people are so woefully ignorant about this.

We literally only know the shooters name. How can you draw any conclusions from that?

Your initial suspensions may well be right, but until we know the facts, that's all they are, suspicions.

niblick1874

I invite you to sample the average lbgt or feminist community on campuses on this issue. devoured by identity politics.

Well played for seeing it for what it is and not letting the ill informed, blinkered and kneejerk reacting bullies sway you from pointing this out. Free speech was cherished and fearlessly defended by the likes of those that are now acting like thought police to stifle open debate. It's been turned upside down and most can't see it.     

jamboinglasgow

All I am saying is that at the moment 50 people are killed, the US has just had the worst mass shooting in its history. Yes some may say its one thing or another to back up their world view, but I find its best to ignore them and move on.

Though your posts seem to be a stream of unfiltered consciousness so your points are being lost badly in it. I think you are angry that anyone is calling this a homophobic attack, am I right? 

Reports stating 50 dead.......this truly is a terrible incident

Yet the pro gun lobby will once more avoid responsibility and tell the world all is well

I just cannot understand why a country allows it's citizens to own not only hand guns but far greater weapons because some group of people who lived over 200 years ago wrote something down with no understanding of what the future would bring.............I'd bet they are looking down at events such as this and shaking their heads 

Even if this turned out to be a terrorist incident with no local input in terms of how the guns were purchased/supplied it still does not stop my feelings expressed above

We all know it's likely to be another religious nutjob - most likely a Muslim nutjob.

If you allow your country to become flooded by guns, every nutjob with an agenda has the chance of doing something like this.

America won't ever face up to their gun problem and as a species, we've really no idea how to tackle the ideology of militant Islam. 

Not really a great combination. Who knows how many lives will be lost here and in similar attacks?

The sad thing is that there's pretty much **** all we can do other than play whack a mole every time some nutter strikes and harass members of the public with outrageous security measures, invasions of privacy and restrictions of personal liberty. Depressing and no logical conclusion in sight. 

Reports stating 50 dead.......this truly is a terrible incident

Yet the pro gun lobby will once more avoid responsibility and tell the world all is well

I just cannot understand why a country allows it's citizens to own not only hand guns but far greater weapons because some group of people who lived over 200 years ago wrote something down with no understanding of what the future would bring.............I'd bet they are looking down at events such as this and shaking their heads

Of course, the constitutional argument isn't the only thing that strenghtens the support for the current gun laws. Sadly, incidents like this also strengthen the support among large portions of the population, despite how bafflingly illogical the rest of the world, and many other Americans, find that.

Absolutely horrible incident. For many reasons, these things will just continue to happen, both in the US and elsewhere.

jamboinglasgow

Of course, the constitutional argument isn't the only thing that strenghtens the support for the current gun laws. Sadly, incidents like this also strengthen the support among large portions of the population, despite how bafflingly illogical the rest of the world, and many other Americans, find that.

Absolutely horrible incident. For many reasons, these things will just continue to happen, both in the US and elsewhere.

Yup

The gun lobby has played its defense against gun controls after mass shootings that people need more guns based on the mantra "only a good guy with a gun, can stop a bad guy with a gun." School shootings? We should arm the teachers. Cinema shootings? If people in the audience had guns then they could quickly taken out the shooter. After this incident, the gun lobby will say had some of the nightclub patrons had guns then the death toll would be much lower. They said the same about the Paris attack last year, saying it proof of the need for more people to carry guns. Its a simple idea which appeals to ordinary Americans, but in practice is much more complicated (requires someone fully trained to handle a situation like that, police when enter see the "good guy" with the gun would just shoot them as they only know someone has a gun.)

See if the nightclub had armed guards?

They'd be first to die then the gunman would have MORE guns and MORE ammo and kill MORE people.

This is exactly what happened in Colorado Springs.

Jambo-Jimbo

Gun sales usually increase everytime there is a mass shooting, only adding to more guns in circulation and thus leading to a higher chance of having another mass shooting.

Jambo-Jimbo

See if the nightclub had armed guards?

They'd be first to die then the gunman would have MORE guns and MORE ammo and kill MORE people.

This is exactly what happened in Colorado Springs.

They did.

One Police officer or security officer who exchanged fire with the gunman.

Bindy Badgy

RIP to those that have passed away.

Over the nest few days we'll hear a bunch of people telling us that their "thoughts are prayers" are with those affected, the gun lobby will either tell us that the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun or that now isn't the time to have this conversation. Then everything will go back to normal until the next time it happens.

I'd guess there could have been armed bouncers (normally off duty cops) - that was certainly the case in most nightclubs I've been in the US (albeit in different states).

Gun sales usually increase everytime there is a mass shooting, only adding to more guns in circulation and thus leading to a higher chance of having another mass shooting.

Indeed. But those going out and buying the new guns do so because they believe they are protecting themselves and their families, and arent thinking about the extra weapon out in circulation.

Jambo-Jimbo

Yup

The gun lobby has played its defense against gun controls after mass shootings that people need more guns based on the mantra "only a good guy with a gun, can stop a bad guy with a gun." School shootings? We should arm the teachers. Cinema shootings? If people in the audience had guns then they could quickly taken out the shooter. After this incident, the gun lobby will say had some of the nightclub patrons had guns then the death toll would be much lower. They said the same about the Paris attack last year, saying it proof of the need for more people to carry guns. Its a simple idea which appeals to ordinary Americans, but in practice is much more complicated (requires someone fully trained to handle a situation like that, police when enter see the "good guy" with the gun would just shoot them as they only know someone has a gun.)

Exactly, how do you tell a 'Good Guy' and 'Bad Guy' apart in the darkness of a cinema. when all you will see is muzzle flashes.

Has anyone in America actually saved themselves or others in any of these mass shooting incidents due to the fact they have their own gun.

Delusional arseholes.

Has anyone in America actually saved themselves or others in any of these mass shooting incidents due to the fact they have their own gun.

Delusional arseholes.

Probably, yes.

I'd guess there could have been armed bouncers (normally off duty cops) - that was certainly the case in most nightclubs I've been in the US (albeit in different states).

All the reports I have read have made mention of there being an armed police officer in the club when the gunman turned up and them exchanging shots.

Which begs the question of a trained police officer couldn't stop one armed man how were primary school teachers at Sandy Hook supposed to do any better?

Probably, yes.

Getting more guns isn't the answer. You know that, I know that, we all know that.

Like I said, delusional arseholes.

Bindy Badgy

Delusional arseholes.

Here's a former soldier's take on that situation

http://deadstate.org/combat-veterans-shoot-down-the-nra-good-guy-with-a-gun-is-based-on-a-fantasy-world/

Good guys would have to overcome tunnel vision, identify the bad guys, and know when to shoot. Even with training, the good guys would have to deal with the immense shock of suddenly being thrown into combat with no warning. When the police arrive, there?s a good chance they won?t be able to tell the good guys from the bad guys and will likely open fire on anyone with a gun.

Combat veteran John Parker didn?t attack the gunman at Oregon?s Umpqua Community College i early 2015. Although Parker was armed and held a concealed carry permit, he stayed hiding in a classroom. Parker?s years of training alerted him to the fact that opening fire on the gunman could likely do more harm than good.

?We could have opened ourselves up to be potential targets ourselves, and not knowing where SWAT was, their response time, they wouldn?t know who we were, and if we had our guns ready to shoot, they could think that we were bad guys,? said Parker,

?The notion that you have a seal of approval just because you?re not a criminal ? that you walk into a gun store and you?re ready for game day ? is ridiculous,? said David Chipman, a former SWAT team member with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

It?s widely accepted in law enforcement that improperly trained civilians often do more harm than good when trying to help at crime scenes. Armed citizens can often overreact, like when a Michigan woman opened fire on suspected shoplifters while they fled the scene. In Texas, a ?good guy? tried to help a carjacking victim, but because he was improperly trained, he accidentally shot the victim in the head while the carjackers escaped. The Texas ?good guy? even fled the scene with the carjackers.

They did.

One Police officer or security officer who exchanged fire with the gunman.

i think it was an off duty police officer who was working security there

Heres Rixxy

The parents of the suspect essentially pointing the motive towards homophobia as opposed to radical Islamism.

NBC news say they have spoken to the father of the suspected gunman by phone.

The man said: "We are saying we are apologising for the whole incident. We weren't aware of any action he is taking. We are in shock like the whole country.

"This had nothing to do with religion."

He added his son "got very angry when he saw two men kissing" months before in Miami.

The parents of the suspect essentially pointing the motive towards homophobia as opposed to radical Islamism.

This is almost the definition of cognitive dissonance. But is very common in numerous cases when the parents don't understand how core tenants can be internalized and manifested to this degree. The initial shock is miles away from reflection stage which normally ferments in denial anyway. But he's right one thing, there is nothing radical about immense hostility to homosexuality in the ideology.

Jambof3tornado

The only surprise in all of this is that it doesnt occur even more often given the ease of access to firearms and the large number of apparent nutters willing to use them.

RIP the dead, their numbers will surely rise given the numbers injured.

willie wallace

This is almost the definition of cognitive dissonance. But is very common in numerous cases when the parents don't understand how core tenants can be internalized and manifested to this degree. The initial shock is miles away from reflection stage which normally ferments in denial anyway. But he's right one thing, there is nothing radical about immense hostility to homosexuality in the ideology.

In simpler terms please.

Basically if it is being claimed by his parents that this has been done because of their sons homophobic views, then that was installed in him by his islamic views, is what I think the poster means.

Archived