Pre-season friendlies this summer?

tartofmidlothian

Very tall centre back was one trialist.

I wasn't paying much attention as was with a friend that I hadn't seen for a while. Brechin took goals well (left before hearts late goal)

Seamed a good run out for the guys

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Footballfirst

Lol it was a question for anyone but enjoy Portugal!!!

I can't seem to get any of the local bar staff interested in Brechin v Hearts on a Tuesday night or even Infonet v Hearts tomorrow. I'm told that they have a more important game tomorrow. I just can't understand it.:o

tartofmidlothian

Very tall centre back was one trialist.

Ibby's brother? :whistling:

Who scored our goal?

Ibby's brother? :whistling:

Who scored our goal?

Not sure who scored the goal.

He's more chance of being Ibby's brother than Jordan McGhee anyway!

jamboinglasgow

Not sure who scored the goal.

He's more chance of being Ibby's brother than Jordan McGhee anyway!

any hearts players that impressed you?

Jambof3tornado

I can't seem to get any of the local bar staff interested in Brechin v Hearts on a Tuesday night or even Infonet v Hearts tomorrow. I'm told that they have a more important game tomorrow. I just can't understand it.:o

They'll be interested after wales win!!!

If we go out tomorrow we may organise a friendly or two.

Newcastle were keen on us earlier - at St James I believe

Just a bump for saturday and our 3pm away ko v dunfermline.

It's working out okay

first choice team getting games in Europe and first reserves getting games too - Dunfermline should be better pitch than Cowdenbeath too

Futurejambo1

Can't beat a wee day out in Dunfermline, a few beers and walk to East End. Should see a decent mix of first team and 20s hopefully.

Turkishcap

In all seriousness you cant beat Europe for a pre season, not as much flaffing about proper games and the fans get pre season moaning stated in June.....whats not to like :)

Futurejambo1

About a 10min walk from town centre pubs to ground. 10 min walk from train station to town centre.

Footballfirst

hearing that we are playing Sunderland today at noon, any word on this? Sunderland's reserves??

I heard a couple of weeks ago that the U20s were looking to play Sunderland at some point but it had all gone quiet.  IIRC our U20s played their U21 side at Riccarton about three years ago in an entertaining game that finished 4-4.  We also played them down there at U18 and U16 before that.

The connection was through John Currie, who was formerly our sports scientist, before he joined Sunderland in the same role. 

I have nothing planned for today so I might head out to Riccarton for 12 and see if there is anything going on. If there is a game going on, then I'd expect that it will be an U20/U21 side that plays, in what would be described as a "closed door" game.

The U20s next scheduled game is against Kelty Hearts on Tuesday evening, although it may be bolstered with some fringe first team players.

Footballfirst

I believe there is "Closed door" game v Formartine tomorrow. Won't be first team though, although they could do with more action after last night.

Jambof3tornado

When was Elvis meant to be bringing his team along? Seriously hope they dont try to charge an entry fee for it!!!

When was Elvis meant to be bringing his team along? Seriously hope they dont try to charge an entry fee for it!!!

Was that rumoured to be the 30th?

Do you think we'll maybe try and arrange a game with Hibs? They must be in the same boat as us...unless they had other fixtures arranged?

We_are_the_Hearts

Do you think we'll maybe try and arrange a game with Hibs? They must be in the same boat as us...unless they had other fixtures arranged?

Would be the only friendly that would get me parting with more cash. Well apart from a trip to England

Harvey Specter

Robbie said on the radio last night that we have a couple of friendlies lined up.

We were meant to be playing Fleetwood town on the 30th according to their website but not anymore as they are playing Wigan on the 29th

Tony watt has said on Twitter that he's playing for hearts today. Anyone know where and what time?

Archived