Homeless Monkey

Stuart Lyon

I P Knightley

There's a "Vacancies" ad in the window - he's maybe just keen to get an interview.

Either way, good luck to him.

Ivan Drago

I know this monkey - he actually went to university but spent all his student loan on bananas and had to withdraw from his course, and eventually ended up selling himself on the street to get his next banana fix. Apparently he used to inject Mcdonalds banana milkshake straight into his veins.

I hope he finds the help he needs. Puts it all into perspective.

hughesie27

Through his hazy sight he probably thinks it says ''We have vacines here''

Such a terribly waste of life.

Spitonastranger

i heard he was the illegitimate child of a former hobo manager after a tryst with maggie frae pilton:107years:

UnworthyPapaLazaru

Bad news guys. He died at lunch time. A sorry waste of a life. I'd be grateful if the OP could start a condolences thread and we all do our RIP, thoughts go to the family etc etc.

Bad news guys. He died at lunch time. A sorry waste of a life. I'd be grateful if the OP could start a condolences thread and we all do our RIP, thoughts go to the family etc etc.

A delayed start to next season in Glesga as he was one of "ra sellik faamly" and they obviously want some games postponed.

EDIT.

Damn you Hughesie and your quick typing fingers......

I P Knightley

Jeez, that's tragic.

No sooner had his star begun to ascend, he has been cruelly taken from us. He had so much to offer.

I am utterly devastated. The whole of our country, all of us, will be in a state of shock and mourning. The unnamed monkey was a wonderful, warm and compassionate monkey who people, not just in Britain, but throughout the world, loved and will mourn as a friend. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family, and with all of the families bereaved in this quite appalling tragedy.

I feel like everyone else in this country today - utterly devastated. We are today a nation, in Britain, in a state of shock, in mourning, in grief that is so deeply painful for us.

He was a wonderful and warm ape. Though his own life was often sadly touched by tragedy, he touched the lives of so many others in Britain - throughout the world - with joy and with comfort. How many times shall we remember him, in how many different ways, with the sick, the dying, with children, with the needy, when, with just a look or a gesture that spoke so much more than words, she would reveal to all of us the depth of her compassion and her humanity. How difficult things were for him from time to time, surely we can only guess at - but the people everywhere, not just here in Britain but everywhere, they kept faith with unnamed monkey, they liked him, they loved him, they regarded him as one of the people. He was the peoples stuffed ape and thats how he will stay, how he will remain in our hearts and in our memories forever.

:rose:

I P Knightley
Ivan - do you want some counselling? It is a tragedy after all! :sad:

I'm going to take the afternoon off, pop up to St Paul's cathedral to sign the book of condolence and lay a wreath at the gates of the ape-house in London zoo.

Ivan Drago
Jeez, that's tragic.

No sooner had his star begun to ascend, he has been cruelly taken from us. He had so much to offer.

I am utterly devastated. The whole of our country, all of us, will be in a state of shock and mourning. The unnamed monkey was a wonderful, warm and compassionate monkey who people, not just in Britain, but throughout the world, loved and will mourn as a friend. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family, and with all of the families bereaved in this quite appalling tragedy.

I feel like everyone else in this country today - utterly devastated. We are today a nation, in Britain, in a state of shock, in mourning, in grief that is so deeply painful for us.

He was a wonderful and warm ape. Though his own life was often sadly touched by tragedy, he touched the lives of so many others in Britain - throughout the world - with joy and with comfort. How many times shall we remember him, in how many different ways, with the sick, the dying, with children, with the needy, when, with just a look or a gesture that spoke so much more than words, she would reveal to all of us the depth of her compassion and her humanity. How difficult things were for him from time to time, surely we can only guess at - but the people everywhere, not just here in Britain but everywhere, they kept faith with unnamed monkey, they liked him, they loved him, they regarded him as one of the people. He was the peoples stuffed ape and thats how he will stay, how he will remain in our hearts and in our memories forever.

:rose:

His name was Brian.

RIP Brian :sad:

Stuart Lyon

Better have a stiff drink on Ludgate Hill so your emotions don't get the better of you Ivan.

:cheers:

UnworthyPapaLazaru
I'm going to take the afternoon off, pop up to St Paul's cathedral to sign the book of condolence and lay a wreath at the gates of the ape-house in London zoo.

Light a candle for me. Cheers.

I P Knightley
Light a candle for me. Cheers.

Now you've died too?

What's going on?

I am utterly devastated. The whole of our country, all of us, will...etc.

coppercrutch

Sad sad day.

Puts it all into perspective. Up until today I didn't know monkeys died.

Now I do I am devastated. My thoughts are with his family, friends, keepers, ape friends and bananas.

Truly sad news.

RIP Monkey boy.

UnworthyPapaLazaru
Now you've died too?

What's going on?

I am utterly devastated. The whole of our country, all of us, will...etc.

Im still alive. It was a medical error/oversight. Could you light a candle on my behalf?

Remember and switch off your phone. There will be other mourners there, and you dont want to further upset them. Its bad enough as it is.

His name was Brian.

RIP Brian :sad:

Brian is in my thoughts and the the thoughts of all I know on this tragic day :(

Walter Payton

FFS. Not Brian- he was one of the best. Taken far too early- why do the good always die young? You'll never walk alone Brian- we'll always remember you.

Today puts football into perspective.

RIP.

Just had last seasons strip printed

BRIAN

EVA

heading to Nicolson Street now to start a memorial (there's your answer Stuart)

RIP Brian

P.S.

Just on the BBC Website, The Monkees are going to do a Charity gig in his memory

Will there be scarves and tops there tomorrow?

We should make sure.:laugh:

The shop would get pretty confused, and wouldnt move them just in case.

Stuart Lyon

Rumour on the streets is that he was so poor he didn't have 2 ape knees to rub together.

The Old Tolbooth
Rumour on the streets is that he was so poor he didn't have 2 ape knees to rub together.

It's one of those days where you remember what you were doing and where you were when you heard the news, like when Diana died, or the twin towers came down :(

Walter Payton
It's one of those days where you remember what you were doing and where you were when you heard the news, like when Diana died, or the twin towers came down :(

At least the Daily Mail will now have a deserving story to dominate it's front page headlines for the next 10 years.

The world misses you already Brian.

I P Knightley

It says a lot about me that I have laughed out loud at that one.

At least the Daily Mail will now have a deserving story to dominate it's front page headlines for the next 10 years.

The world misses you already Brian.

They'll be chimping at the bit to publish this.

Stuart Lyon

Where are all the footie tops and scarves at Brian's shrine? Passed by earlier today and not a tribute in sight! Its a disgrace I tell you. What short memories people have.

Stuart Lyon

Yesterday's monkey! No love out there for the big man Brian! I bet you are all watching BB shame on you!

Just a thought could we get Brain on BB?

I thought his name was Brian ? :rolleyes:

RIP Brian. He was a good ape...

Archived