Connor Sammon spotted at academy

jamboveg

Does he like chasing aimlessly punted balls up from defenders and midfielders? If so he should sign.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sow or zeefuick

My comment was a bit tongue in cheek mate. But I think there is an element of truth to it. We do quite often sign strikers who don't have a history of scoring a lot of goals. Obviously Sow was a great signing. Zeefuik did the business as well.

Oldham fans weren't too hot on Rooney yet he's done cracking job for Dons.

If Tache had supported Butcher when he was after Rooney they probably wouldn't have gone down

Is sammon better than Reilly that is the question?

Christ I'm better than Reilly and I get my pension in a couple of months.

Does he like chasing aimlessly punted balls up from defenders and midfielders? If so he should sign.

Exactly right.

ford donald

I really hope potential signings don't look at Kickback before deciding to agree a move, the negativity from some posters is frightening at times...who are some expecting we sign?

I would be very happy if he joined us, proved he can score goals in this league so why can't he do it again?

Not be long before the word "underwhelming" is used in this thread (not including my use of it)!

Well he is better than reilly...

JamboJoker98

The thing is though, someone that puts in the effort like Reilly, they are always going to improve. 

Wasters like Kingston who have talent, but do absolutely nothing with it annoy me far more.

I know nothing about him since leaving Killie, he completely fell off my radar. Is he a big target man? If so maybe he "could do a job" as sub to come on when we are up against it, if not then his goal to game ratio isn't very good.  

Carrick1874

Do you live under a rock?

And your saying you'd heard of any of them before they'd signed?porkies

i'm now worried if this report is true. Is this really the standard of player Neilson is looking at.

Has no one thought that with Riccarton having good facilities that he could just be taking advantage of them to get fit or something.  Wouldn't be the first time players have done this in different scenarios. 

LarrysRightFoot

Apart from Gilks and Rherras nobody outwith the club knows (apart from maybe JayJay) who we are after.

If there is something in the Sammon rumour we shall see. And if there is I'd like us to get behind him. And if he there is interest and he does sign we will be after at least one other striker.

For me Greg Stewart would be a good singing. Also the Aussie striker in Holland sounds like a CL/RN style signing with their contacts in that market.

Thought he looked very good at the end of his spell with Killie.

Haven't heard much since though, I'd say he was worth a punt tbh.

Half time pie

We need a forward with the instincts of a border collie.

My mate's a Derby fan and describes him as The worst forward in front of goal that he's ever seen'.

Winston Ingram

Might be adding 2+2 and coming up with 576 here but there was an Aussie bloke called Phil who worked on the club's medical staff for a while, who was an absolute dead ringer for Sammon. Complicated further by the fact the pair of them were at Kilmarnock.

Could well be that Phil was back in Edinburgh and went to visit some old colleagues. No inside knowledge at all and maybe we are chasing Sammon but this is probably an equal possibility. 

We need a forward with the instincts of a border collie.

A striker who can round up sheep?

Joe Hearts

Christ I'm better than Reilly and I get my pension in a couple of months.

Hello Richard.

Might be adding 2+2 and coming up with 576 here but there was an Aussie bloke called Phil who worked on the club's medical staff for a while, who was an absolute dead ringer for Sammon. Complicated further by the fact the pair of them were at Kilmarnock.

Could well be that Phil was back in Edinburgh and went to visit some old colleagues. No inside knowledge at all and maybe we are chasing Sammon but this is probably an equal possibility.

So Phil is our new striker you mean??? ;)

I am not being flippant here.

Where is the report that says Robbie is looking at Salmon ?

Or are you simply referring to the initial OP ?

I just worry about signing players that just aren't good enough. Robbie has signed some duds which i believe shows a weakness in the club. Sure there have been good signings but too many have been bad.

I just worry about signing players that just aren't good enough. Robbie has signed some duds which i believe shows a weakness in the club. Sure there have been good signings but too many have been bad.

Every club signs duds

Every club is weak?

Right?

Maybe my expectations are a bit too high, but IF this story is true about Sammon, I must say i'm also a bit underwhelmed.

kingantti1874

There are virtually no strikers (good ones) anywhere near our price range who at getable.. At least none that I've heard of.. Oh for another sow or Craig Beattie

Tommy Brown

Does anybody know for sure, what the signing policy is at Hearts.

I am more inclined to say the Craig Lsvein identifies the players, I could be massively wrong tho'.

If I am wrong, what is the roles of DoF?

I am more inclined to say the Craig Lsvein identifies the players, I could be massively wrong tho'.

I believe on transfers he and whoever helps him identify targets and Robbie gets final say.

The Future's Maroon

I just worry about signing players that just aren't good enough. Robbie has signed soume duds which i believe shows a weakness in the club. Sure there have been good signings but too many have been bad.

I may have read your post wrong.

Not every signing works out at ANY club, I'd say we have signed more good than bad.

Even Alex Ferguson got some wrong, And many other of the biggest managers in the game.

kingantti1874

So what your saying is we've signed good players and bad ones? Well duh!! Name me a club who haven't signed good and bad players..

We are in a market financially where we are taking risks to find gems... Proven players who are the real deal are going to clubs with bigger budgets.. Not exactly sure what people expect..

A_A wehatethehibs

A not very inspiring striker, but good athlete and powerful in the air. I would be massively disappointed if he was the only striker we brought in, but if he was one of 3 strikers we sign I'd think OK we've got a good number of options here.

I just want a team on the park that shows no fear at all

Water will finds it level

Great to see an attacking team Re of the opposistion

Robbie frustrate me to **** at times with his tinkering

We have everything in place to challenge this season hopefully our new signings take Hearts to a new level

Livvyjambo

We have everything in place to challenge this season hopefully our new signings take Hearts to a new level

Robbie doesn't tinker , his gaffer does though

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

There's collaboration but CL has final say on the make up of the squad. No doubt about it.

The Future's Maroon

Wow, time to find a new forum cos this place has went to shit the last couple of months.

Future's Maroon signing out.

Jamboelite

And what club signs 100% successful transfers....not to mention what kind of money do people think we have in terms of players coming in ??

Wow, time to find a new forum cos this place has went to shit the last couple of months.

Bye

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

:rofl:

ford donald

My mate's a Derby fan and describes him as The worst forward in front of goal that he's ever seen'.

He hasn't seen reilly then.

Joe Hearts

Aye, sadly yer no wrong.

J.T.F.Robertson

We will challenge no-one with the likes of Connor Sammon. (probably won't challenge anyway)

We need to be really clever AND exceptionally lucky.

The Future's Maroon

Bye

ta ta!!

He isnt wrong about this board though.

Thanks, thought it was just me!!

Archived