Connor Sammon spotted at academy

jamboveg

hmfc_liam06

Where's this 20+ a season striker?? Oh aye, that's right, playing for a top side somewhere.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id never heard of Sow, Djoum, Pallardo etc so Id give him a chance.

Do you live under a rock?

BobbyJenkins

Surely worth checking out? Did well at Kilmarnock if I recall, moved up a level. Might still have something to offer.

BobbyJenkins

Do you live under a rock?

No Im just not that interested in other leagues outwith Scotland. Sorry about that...

EDIT.. Ive heard of Sammon

julienbrellier

Spotted at the academy today. Would be happy with that signing

why are you trolling?  I have just spoken to a current player and know this is 100% bullshit

grumpyespana

I think the biggest problem for our strikers is the service they received last season as for Sammon who can say if he would be a success or not but the key here is he knows the league so should be up to scratch straight away.

Wonder if we'll have a Kris Boyd or Goodwillie thread this window. Wouldn't be the same without them TBH.

SM Sheffield

No harm in having a look but he has been anonymous in a dreadful team at the Lane this year. I don't know a single Blade that rates Sammon and League 1 is a poor standard.

Spitonastranger

Fits the template for a Hearts striker - scores very few goals

sow or zeefuick

Clark Griswold

I will believe this rumour once it's been heard in Greggs.

Was totally baffled this guy got a move to the EPL.

If he'd ripped it up here and got a move south, failed and we were interested it would be fair enough.

But as I see it he was average up here and never deserved the move south in the first place.

The Future's Maroon

Maybe if we were linked with Rashford some folk would be positive on this forum.

Again I'll ask....WTF are folk expecting from the club...we can't afford to spend decent money on a striker, we play in shitty Scottish football so this is the market we are in.

Maybe if we were linked with Rashford some folk would be positive on this forum.

Again I'll ask....WTF are folk expecting from the club...we can't afford to spend decent money on a striker, we play in shitty Scottish football so this is the market we are in.

That's always my question.

Everytime a player is mentioned it's the same negative shite but they can't ever come up with a name themselves.

Bowmans_Boot

So lets settle for proven average, then, yes? Brilliant :) 

Done deal?! Decent signing if we are also bringing a Sow type player in

decent signing ? He's pish if this is the level of our ambition then thats worrying

Captain Canada

The Sheffield United fans couldn't wait to see the back of him.

However, if he does sign for us I'll give him my backing. I thought he was good at Killie.

The Sheffield United fans couldn't wait to see the back of him.

However, if he does sign for us I'll give him my backing. I thought he was good at Killie.

couldn't wait to see the back of him and you would take him ?

Bowmans_Boot

That's always my question.

Everytime a player is mentioned it's the same negative shite but they can't ever come up with a name themselves.

When average or uninspiring names are mentioned then yes, the reaction is less than positive. Should it be the fans role to find/suggest signing targets? Isnt that what people are paid to do? 

Greedy_Jambo

I wanted him at Hearts before he left Kilmarnock but English clubs came in for him. He went for ?600,000 then ?1.2m to derby. He hasn't done too well down there but if I rekon he could score goals up here again.

King prawn

Team Apps (Gls)

U.C.D. 69 (13)

Derry City 16 (3)

Kilmarnock 65 (17)

Wigan Athletic 32 (1)

Derby County 83 (10)

Ipswich Town 19 (1)

Rotherham 15 (3)

Sheffield U 25 (5)

So crap then?

The Future's Maroon

So lets settle for proven average, then, yes? Brilliant :)

Sorry mate but I am pretty sure neither you, I or most people on this forum are actually qualified to judge players in a realistic viewpoint.....yes Champ Manager/Football Manager I would claim to be a bit of an expert, but real life....lets leave it to the professionals with the qualifications to do the buying/signing for the club.

Over the last couple of years we have signed a lot more 'better' ones than 'shitty' ones...I hope you get my meaning as not trying to have a go at you personally.

When average or uninspiring names are mentioned then yes, the reaction is less than positive. Should it be the fans role to find/suggest signing targets? Isnt that what people are paid to do?

any suggestions the fans have made in terms of strikers seem to be getting ignored there's good players out there like Schalke, Moult , Rooney , Hemmings , Magennis, etc but we don't want to spend on these types of player so we look in the bargain basement bucket

The Future's Maroon

any suggestions the fans have made in terms of strikers seem to be getting ignored there's good players out there like Schalke, Moult , Rooney , Hemmings , Magennis, etc but we don't want to spend on these types of player so we look in the bargain basement bucket

I get what your saying, but the term bargain bucket basement.....mmmmmm, interesting?

Joe Hearts

How many forwards do they want?

One more than the hobo's I think!

The argument that just because a player went south and made little impression is not one that means they wouldn't for us especially given the standard of our league and the fact we are a big fish in it. Players fail at a certain club for many reasons. Probably the two biggest Hearts legends of the last 30 years, Robbo and Rudi had very unconvincing and largely disappointing spells down south.

With regard someone like Salmon there is little to lose and plenty to gain IF he is being seen as an addition to the squad rather than a first team starter from day 1. We need a number of players, as some have said at least 2 new strikers. He is free and won't want a lot so if he's the 2nd of those and we have a main striker signing to come then who knows it could work out well. From what I know he has a good attitude so let's not write him off immediately.

Bowmans_Boot

Sorry mate but I am pretty sure neither you, I or most people on this forum are actually qualified to judge players in a realistic viewpoint.....yes Champ Manager/Football Manager I would claim to be a bit of an expert, but real life....lets leave it to the professionals with the qualifications to do the buying/signing for the club.

Over the last couple of years we have signed a lot more 'better' ones than 'shitty' ones...I hope you get my meaning as not trying to have a go at you personally.

I agree that we are not experts at selecting signing targets. Don't we pay people to do that?

Joe Hearts

The argument that just because a player went south and made little impression is not one that means they wouldn't for us especially given the standard of our league and the fact we are a big fish in it. Players fail at a certain club for many reasons. Probably the two biggest Hearts legends of the last 30 years, Robbo and Rudi had very unconvincing and largely disappointing spells down south.

With regard someone like Salmon there is little to lose and plenty to gain IF he is being seen as an addition to the squad rather than a first team starter from day 1. We need a number of players, as some have said at least 2 new strikers. He is free and won't want a lot so if he's the 2nd of those and we have a main striker signing to come then who knows it could work out well. From what I know he has a good attitude so let's not write him off immediately.

Hemmings went south and was back up the road after 6 months!

got to say dont agree with you statement basically your saying fans know nothing in terms of who we should sign thats rubbish imo any Tom dick or Harry can go on the coaching course's that managers, coaches get there qualifications on having badges doesn't make you an expert all they do is allow you to be able to work in football after that its about someone give you the chance to prove you have what it takes

The Future's Maroon

I agree that we are not experts at selecting signing targets. Don't we pay people to do that?

We obviously do, and it seems (IF this rumour was true) he has been recommended).

I hate to harp back to older players.....was Paul Hartley greeted with fireworks when we signed him, turned out alright...and there are many many more too.

I personally have no input in who comes to the club like 99.9% folk on here, so with that we just have to support anyone who joins surely - its the way I will always be as a supporter of Hearts!

Raymond Reddington

He played well for the killie side that played from the back (under mixu) he can play in the 1 striker role. Seems an intelligent player (with the runs he makes) a goal that stands out for me was the 1 nil killie win at parkhead.

CollyWolly

I am pretty positive Rooney's record at Inverness was quite a bit better than Sammon's at Kilmarnock.

It was. Much better.

Uncle Buck

Always liked him. A good centre forward.

Hope this is true.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It was. Much better.

Not in the Premier. Prolific in the First Division as it was for Caledonian . Sammon has probably been at a higher level in England but seems to lack confidence

The Future's Maroon

got to say dont agree with you statement basically your saying fans know nothing in terms of who we should sign thats rubbish imo any Tom dick or Harry can go on the coaching course's that managers, coaches get there qualifications on having badges doesn't make you an expert all they do is allow you to be able to work in football after that its about someone give you the chance to prove you have what it takes

Fair enough, I will assume you have won many titles on Football Manager then?! ;-)

I wasn't saying fans know nothing, but we have to trust and support players who wear the club colours....some of the shite I have seen from fans in the last couple of years towards players is wrong - in my opinion.

When he first went to Wigan it looked as if he might have something; the sort of player that might well come good if he had somebody to help him develop. That didn't happen at Wigan or anywhere else he's been. It's difficult to call on this one. He may find the net easier to find but it's not a signing that is going to set the pulse racing.

The Future's Maroon

When he first went to Wigan it looked as if he might have something; the sort of player that might well come good if he had somebody to help him develop. That didn't happen at Wigan or anywhere else he's been. It's difficult to call on this one. He may find the net easier to find but it's not a signing that is going to set the pulse racing.

Unless, he scores 9 or 10 goals in his first dozen games...then me just MIGHT get accepted on here!

Harvey Specter

It was. Much better.

In the SPL it really wasn't.

Adam Rooney played 68 SPL games for Inverness and scored 20 goals. Conor Sammon played 65 SPL games for Kilmarnock and scored 17 goals. Almost identical records.

Rooney's highest scoring season came in the first division and those goals give him the edge stats wise over Sammon but within the same division there's nothing in it.

I really hope we are aiming for better players than Sammon.

Completely uninspiring if true.

Phil D. Corners

Not a fashionable signing but he has played at a higher level then our current strikers, so he will improve the squad.

If he comes in I hope he won't be the only striker we sign.

Shanghai Hearts

Think he would be a good addition to our squad... But agree with previous post about the quality of service..

Gigolo-Aunt

When at Killie he seemed to grown in to the roll and earned a move down South to a very decent level.  Never quite happened in England but again he has been given game time in a division (without a great return) at Derby.  You would think Sheffield United would have been a good place to get a few goals and build his name up a bit as League One is not the best of standards.   Never worked out though.

If there is something in this, a concern would be its a few years since his best form but if the wages are right its certainly an improvement on Reilly and there is nothing to say that we would stop art bringing in another striker (we need 2 at least)

Captain Bubblebeard

Not sure if anyone remembers his fairwell game for Killie against us where he came on as a sub, tried to act like a billy big baws and swaggered about the pitch, but generally looking utterly shite. I seem to remember him attempting a couple of fancy flicks/turns and him falling over the ball in one of them. He never particularly impressed me in the (admittedly very few) other games I saw him play. I remember having a chuckle and being quite shocked at him getting a move to a then EPL side.

Spotted at the academy today. Would be happy with that signing

Who spotted him? 2 page thread without someone asking for proof or a source is very unusual on here

Pish

Robbie and craig dont do attacking players

Craig signed Mark de Vries no?

Archived