Joey Barton

GarryJ-o-s

jack D and coke

Quite pleased to see a big mouth/name join our game. Its been pretty dull this season and he's definitely bringing something.

I'm a bit meh about Barton as a player I think some are giving him too much respect personally but we'll see.

Agree on a couple of other posters views that 4th/5th is what we're looking at this season too. I'd love to be wrong...

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You personally claimed that if Hibs wont the cup it would be good for us as it would prevent any big name signings for The Rangers.

You talked about the fact next season is our best chance to challenge for the title due to the fact The Rangers wouldn't be able to attract big names without European football.

I told you that the signings would come with or without Europe.

Now you've changed your tune to suggest that its still good cos, even though the big names are still coming (as I predicted), they are digging a hole for themselves again.

And you're calling ME a bit silly?!?

Excuse me if I am being silly but what other signings if note have The Rangers made ?

I left on holiday before the Cup final and deliberately left phone and tablet switched off. So I may have missed something.

Quite pleased to see a big mouth/name join our game. Its been pretty dull this season and he's definitely bringing something.

I'm a bit meh about Barton as a player I think some are giving him too much respect personally but we'll see.

Agree on a couple of other posters views that 4th/5th is what we're looking at this season too. I'd love to be wrong...

One thing is certain - Barton WILL cause bother!

This is where I am.

A name that adds profile to our game.

One that costs Rangers a load of cash.

Not one that you can say 'well they've won the league then' by any stretch.

Rangers have a lot of the rest of their team to sort out before they can be confident of getting anywhere above 4th.

Rudolf's Mate

I watched The Championship on C5 regularly last season, and although only a highlights show it summed up Barton nicely - played some good football when his team had possession, but when hunting for the ball his tackling was something to behold.

The comparison with Brown is apt, but a better passer.

If he gets the cloak of invisibility that Brown does then he will do well, if hes a marked man by the refs from the start then hell be picking up his cash sitting in the stand

That's the problem with highlights. They don't show the full picture. 

Barton didn't get into TOTY just because he can spray passes around. Again it's only highlights and it's Burnley's however he brought a lot more to their team than just passing:

As has been said. If this is there best signing though I expect them to be fighting for 4th place if that!

I should add that there has been far better players come to Scotland and failed miserably. Barton could be brilliant but if the rest or a lot of his team are mince it will make little difference. 

Remains to be seen how much of an impact he'll make on the playing side but one thing we're all guaranteed is plenty of windbaggery. He's the master of cheap and empty platitudes and loves playing to the crowd.

I'm still getting over the fact he said this:

963e1846dab47381830b720f69c45d07.jpg

Oh shut up, what a plum. :laugh:

Bowmans_Boot

You personally claimed that if Hibs wont the cup it would be good for us as it would prevent any big name signings for The Rangers.

You talked about the fact next season is our best chance to challenge for the title due to the fact The Rangers wouldn't be able to attract big names without European football.

Now you've changed your tune to suggest that its still good cos, even though the big names are still coming (as I predicted), they are digging a hole for themselves again.

The claim that they were concerned about Rangers signings if they won the cup was purely to camouflage wanting Hibs to win. I think we all realised that.

Unknown user

The claim that they were concerned about Rangers signings if they won the cup was purely to camouflage wanting Hibs to win. I think we all realised that.

Weren't we assured hibs would be over it in a week if they won too?

Bazzas right boot

It is good for Hearts that ranger's are not in Europe.

Thier play budget will either be reduced or more stretched.

Players do cite European football for joining, ranger's do not have this carrot.

Simple, really. My opinion and precious points still stand.

It is good for Hearts that ranger's are not in Europe.

Thier play budget will either be reduced or more stretched.

Players do cite European football for joining, ranger's do not have this carrot.

Simple, really. My opinion and precious points still stand.

Exactly.

Let alone the fact that Rangers confirmed to the press before the game that a win and getting into Europe would increase their budget as the BBC confirmed.

Unfortunately you have to deal with the fact that a lot of people on here are thick and lack basic reasoning skills.

Until Barton turns out for the new team we have no idea if he's going to be good, bad or indifferent. He may have had a good, even great, season for Burnley last season but there's no guarantee that he will be able to replicate that form in the coming season. He's half the player Roy Keane was and we all know how well RK did up here when he moved to Celtic at a similar age. He's only one player anyway and he's not going to improve their dogsh!t defence is he?

agree with the first couple of lines regarding Barton, he will be judge on what he does over the course of the season by myself, I think the fact that Huns can attract and pay him what must be a huge salary is what actually riles some fans on here his wage could probably pay our whole squads wages, somehow I don't think this will be the last big money player to come to them this season, plus moravcik came to the other half of the OF as a 33 year old and look how he panned out despite most never having heard of him

Archived