Joey Barton

GarryJ-o-s

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until Barton turns out for the new team we have no idea if he's going to be good, bad or indifferent. He may have had a good, even great, season for Burnley last season but there's no guarantee that he will be able to replicate that form in the coming season. He's half the player Roy Keane was and we all know how well RK did up here when he moved to Celtic at a similar age. He's only one player anyway and he's not going to improve their dogsh!t defence is he?

Unknown user

Until Barton turns out for the new team we have no idea if he's going to be good, bad or indifferent. He may have had a good, even great, season for Burnley last season but there's no guarantee that he will be able to replicate that form in the coming season. He's half the player Roy Keane was and we all know how well RK did up here when he moved to Celtic at a similar age. He's only one player anyway and he's not going to improve their dogsh!t defence is he?

No one's arguing with that, you never know how a signing will turn out, but saying Pearson is better than Barton is valid grounds for being laughed at.

I'll take it all back, Barton is such a massive talent that queue of top level teams wanting to sign him included Burnley (who offered a last ditch contract) and, err, Rangers? Yeah, I forgot how good he is.

I don't think so.

If they're equal to a 33 year old Barton, then why are they all still playing in the spfl? Barton turned down a chance at playing premier league football next season.

Not one player you've mentioned could play in a top half side in the Championship, let alone the premier league.

If they're equal to a 33 year old Barton, then why are they all still playing in the spfl? Barton turned down a chance at playing premier league football next season.

Not one player you've mentioned could play in a top half side in the Championship, let alone the premier league.

If Barton is so much better than them, why is Barton playing in the SPFL by that logic?

The SPFL is much maligned and a better standard than it's often given credit for, it's my view that Armstrong, Christie, Kitchen, Djoum, Rogic, Shinnie, Walker and Allen could all play at a higher level and are all, on their day, better than Barton.

Unknown user

If Barton is so much better than them, why is Barton playing in the SPFL by that logic?

The SPFL is much maligned and a better standard than it's often given credit for, it's my view that Armstrong, Christie, Kitchen, Djoum, Rogic, Shinnie, Walker and Allen could all play at a higher level and are all, on their day, better than Barton.

all the facepalms

So Henrik Larsson wasn't much better than Steven Boyack going by your interpretation of logic.

You're having a shitemare

all the facepalms

So Henrik Larsson wasn't much better than Steven Boyack going by your interpretation of logic.

You're having a shitemare

eh?

Perry Kitchen, Jamie Walker, Arnaud Djoum, Ryan Jack, Graeme Shinnie, Scott Allen, Stuart Armstrong, Jackson Irvine, Steven Pearson, Murray Davidson, Kris Commons, Tom Rogic, Bauben, Ryan Christie. Equal to, if not better than a 33 year old Barton, just my opinion.

Now that Barton has opted not to stay at Burnley, will be a nervous time for Aberdeen as you'd assume Burnley will be weighing up a 7 figure offer for Ryan Jack

Unknown user

Now that Barton has opted not to stay at Burnley, will be a nervous time for Aberdeen as you'd assume Burnley will be weighing up a 7 figure offer for Ryan Jack

:lol: exactly

As I say, have it your way guys, I should have just said Barton's such a talent we're lucky to having him gracing the game in Scotland and it says something he turned down the myriad of offers from top clubs across the globe to sign for Rangers, he'll walk rings around everyone and show what a class footballing act he is. Is that better?

Unknown user

As I say, have it your way guys, I should have just said Barton's such a talent we're lucky to having him gracing the game in Scotland and it says something he turned down the myriad of offers from top clubs across the globe to sign for Rangers, he'll walk rings around everyone and show what a class footballing act he is. Is that better?

That would have been equally laughable

Unknown user

Glad you agree.

At least you finally agree that your initial stance was laughable.

Hats off to you, quite a turnaround

I predict Barton will boss pretty much every game he plays in. I also predict he will receive a lot less red and yellow cards up here.

At least you finally agree that your initial stance was laughable.

Hats off to you, quite a turnaround

No turnaround, just can't be bothered. There was a time when opinions were judgements that could be debated, but when smart-arsery is passed off as debate, then hey, you're welcome to the floor all by yourself.

I predict Barton will boss pretty much every game he plays in. I also predict he will receive a lot less red and yellow cards up here.

This guy knows. A new experience for me, agreeing with an i8hibsh post.

Jambojay84

He will have the same impact big bad Roy did.....feck all !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PapaShango

I reckon he will be a stand out for them. He's always been a decent player, it's his motivation and application that has been questionable at some of his previous clubs. I think the older he's got the more he's screwed the nut. I quite like the bloke although that will no doubt change when I see him playing for that lot!!

Unknown user

No turnaround, just can't be bothered. There was a time when opinions were judgements that could be debated, but when smart-arsery is passed off as debate, then hey, you're welcome to the floor all by yourself.

Yeah I can be a smart arse, many of us here can, but I'd prefer that to being a dumbass.

I put it to the forum that Barton's a good player, and that while you never know how any signing will work out, the consensus would be that he's a better player than Stephen bloody Pearson

Arsehole signs for vile club... meh.

Not seen him play in years although I'm assuming he's still pretty good if he got into the Championship team of the year.

Good signing on paper but better players have come and failed up here so hopefully he becomes the next Ljunberg, Roy Keane, Juniniho etc etc.

Perry Kitchen snapping him and Barton's bitch fights with Scott Brown should be entertaining at least!

Dont take it personally buddy...there are quite a few absolute clowns on here who positively are dying to jump down any other posters throat regardless of what is said...they stand out like a sore thumb and easily get kicks out of attempting to take the pee out of someone else...

It smacks of immature wee boys and with that in mind you're best to avoid getting into any dialogue as you canny reason with folk with no experience or perspective on anything other than being annoying and with bags of time on their hands to boot to demonstrate same...

Adding in of any old tinternet photo next to your post (watch the pics I get for this!) or the usual facepalms again underlines their lack of meaninful dialogue and lack of expression...

But I have to say myself....Stephen Pearson!!! Cmon man!!!

Barton is a very decent player in my opinion, he has a lot still to offer & you can always be sure he's going to give 100%.

A bit off topic but at the same time the most relevant thread to post this, which fanbase/fanbases have the most pik*y/tink/ned fans, me & my housemate were just discussing this to lighten the mood for his job interview later & have a laugh at a few teams expense, we found that Luton, Bradford, West Ham, Wrexham, Colchester, Middlesbrough, Rangers & Dundee kept cropping up time and again, any more to add for a good laugh

I'm confused.

The Hibernian sympathising Hearts supporters assured me that Hibs winning the cup would prevent The Rangers signing big names such as Barton?

How are they affording the massive wage demands now they aren't in Europe and their warchest has been slammed shut?

I think there must be some mistake...... no?!?

I'm confused.

The Hibernian sympathising Hearts supporters assured me that Hibs winning the cup would prevent The Rangers signing big names such as Barton?

How are they affording the massive wage demands now they aren't in Europe and their warchest has been slammed shut?

the rangers not being in Europe next season will hit their income - pretty obvious to me and anyone not being a smart arse. Who knows where they are getting the money to sign Barton and the rest; hopefully from the same place the old club used to get their money, i.e. nowhere, and this version of rangers quickly follows the last one. The longer they are out of Europe, the more chance of them hitting severe financial problems  

Nookie Bear

I'm confused.

The SPFL is much maligned and a better standard than it's often given credit for, it's my view that Armstrong, Christie, Kitchen, Djoum, Rogic, Shinnie, Walker and Allen could all play at a higher level and are all, on their day, better than Barton.

I've highlighted the players from your list that I agree with.

the rangers not being in Europe next season will hit their income - pretty obvious to me and anyone not being a smart arse. Who knows where they are getting the money to sign Barton and the rest; hopefully from the same place the old club used to get their money, i.e. nowhere, and this version of rangers quickly follows the last one. The longer they are out of Europe, the more chance of them hitting severe financial problems  

Noooope. I was assured by some on here that Rangers losing the cup final would directly increase OUR chances of winning the league this season coming. Rangers would not be able to strengthen and we would be in a much better position to challenge for the title. Without the lure of European football, the big names just would not come.

In signing someone like Barton, on the wages reported, i'd suggest that that has been proven to be myth, as predicted.

Who knows how he'll do? His style of p lay might not fit them. His legs might have gone by the time he plays. He might stroll it. he might think he'll stroll it and get hounded.

We'll find out next season. I wouldn't place too much importance on the championship team of the year though, Darryl Murphy was in that last season and he's a cart-horse.

Guest Paul Allen

Perry Kitchen, Jamie Walker, Arnaud Djoum, Ryan Jack, Graeme Shinnie, Scott Allen, Stuart Armstrong, Jackson Irvine, Steven Pearson, Murray Davidson, Kris Commons, Tom Rogic, Bauben, Ryan Christie. Equal to, if not better than a 33 year old Barton, just my opinion.

:cornette:

I think Bartons going to have a tougher time up here than he or anyone else expects.

Him talking himself up like billy big time will probably motivate opposing teams.

Good signing? Oui oui, said Nietzche and Descartes. Zer is un light zat neveur goes out.

I watched The Championship on C5 regularly last season, and although only a highlights show it summed up Barton nicely - played some good football when his team had possession, but when hunting for the ball his tackling was something to behold.

The comparison with Brown is apt, but a better passer.

If he gets the cloak of invisibility that Brown does then he will do well, if hes a marked man by the refs from the start then hell be picking up his cash sitting in the stand

I think Barton will find it tougher than he thinks up here. He is going to get dogs abuse every stadium he visits, most players he plays are going to be extra fired up when they play against him, they will also probably try and wind him up rotten too. Let's see who he handles it.

Buffalo Bill

Barton will stroll games up here and happily play the pantomime villain.

I can just see loads of opposition fans turning purple in the face as he winds them up.

Don't let him get to you.

Barton will stroll games up here and happily play the pantomime villain.

I can just see loads of opposition fans turning purple in the face as he winds them up.

Don't let him get to you.

Agreed.

Bazzas right boot

I'm confused.

Nope, just a bit silly.

Without European football and the possibility of the Europa League, Rangers are digging themselves a nice financial hole with signings such as this. Pretty obvious Ranger not in Europe is better for us, even if you did want them to win the cup.

As a side note, if a 33 year old hatchet, journey man is their biggest signing then I'll be happy.

Too many on here buy the sky hype.

He's no Gazza, I see a Roy Keane type signing on the cards.

Big Slim Stylee

This guy knows. A new experience for me, agreeing with an i8hibsh post.

Wow me too!  I'm off for a lie down.....

BRAVEHEART1874

And when is he 34 ? Really and another free transfer I note ;) they offloaded 3 players wages before they could offer him a deal wow must be skint right enough :) never mind untill they give up trying to get 75% to rape the sevco unsold shares which was their only plan the apologists on here will still have a wee while yet before the rest of Scotland are blamed yet again ;)

WoolfordsHearts

If newco line up against the Hearts with barton and holt in the middle of the park I'll be a happy man.

Watt-Zeefuik

In all the talk about his upcoming matchups with Broonie, the possibilities with him across from fellow assault convict Paul McGowan have been overlooked, IMO.

chester copperpot

I dunno if Im reading too much into this but the director for Rangers tnite on the news sounded to me like Barton was the marquee signing that they would make this season.

If that's the case then I'm cool with that.

Its what we do this summer that matters imo.

P.s I think we will struggle next season under Robbie. I hope to **** Im wrong but I can just see it. 4/5th at best for me.

Unknown user

I dunno if Im reading too much into this but the director for Rangers tnite on the news sounded to me like Barton was the marquee signing that they would make this season.

If that's the case then I'm cool with that.

Its what we do this summer that matters imo.

P.s I think we will struggle next season under Robbie. I hope to **** Im wrong but I can just see it. 4/5th at best for me.

We do have quite a track record for following up a decent season with a crappy one, I've got a little nagging doubt about that myself tbh

chester copperpot

We do have quite a track record for following up a decent season with a crappy one, I've got a little nagging doubt about that myself tbh

I want to be wrong, I really do however Im not confident under Robbie.

I think he plays to the percentages which is good for getting a decent return but doesnt gamble much.

We wont go far with that.

Unknown user

I want to be wrong, I really do however Im not confident under Robbie.

I think he plays to the percentages which is good for getting a decent return but doesnt gamble much.

We wont go far with that.

A high percentage of our signings that didn't really work have been attackers, we might well be looking at things very differently had people like dauda, El hassnaoui and Swanson worked out better.

Big season for Robbie, there's no more riding the feelgood factor, we'll have to perform or the fans will turn

Nope, just a bit silly.

Without European football and the possibility of the Europa League, Rangers are digging themselves a nice financial hole with signings such as this. Pretty obvious Ranger not in Europe is better for us, even if you did want them to win the cup.

As a side note, if a 33 year old hatchet, journey man is their biggest signing then I'll be happy.

Too many on here buy the sky hype.

He's no Gazza, I see a Roy Keane type signing on the cards.

You personally claimed that if Hibs wont the cup it would be good for us as it would prevent any big name signings for The Rangers.

You talked about the fact next season is our best chance to challenge for the title due to the fact The Rangers wouldn't be able to attract big names without European football.

I told you that the signings would come with or without Europe.

Now you've changed your tune to suggest that its still good cos, even though the big names are still coming (as I predicted), they are digging a hole for themselves again.

And you're calling ME a bit silly?!?

Archived