Vigil camp thing in holyrood park

1874robbo

I might join them with a Hearts flag just to send I8 ober the edge.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone defending these freeloading doss tramps should hang your head in shame. I pay my taxes (like I am sure most on here also) to live and use the resources our country has to offer and they pay nothing. They are providing nothing to society and are utterly pathetic in their crusade. They are not changing the world they are lazy no good scum who are wanting attention. I hope their caravan burns down.

Hate, definitely hate.

I think I might head to my local branch of HBOS tomorrow and refuse to leave until they agree to give me the corporation's entire budget.

After todays election results they will either punted or slink off like the sheep that once roamed free there.

Get their names and "cut aff their dole". If you need to make this a nicer solution, hold the cash back until they have shifted for a month.

• 1 month later...
coconut doug

Come down Holyrood and see a nice castle, lovely volcano a monstrosity of a parliament building a bunch of dirty smelling freeloading scumbags with a completely futile demonstration. what is not to love?

The large, old building you see "down Holyrood" is in fact Holyrood Palace. The "nice castle" is at the other end of The Royal Mile, at the top of the hill and can't be seen from Holyrood.

Are you able to tell us what kind of people they are and what typifies them?

You have already made pronouncements on my kind so I am assuming you are an expert in this field.

Religious whack-jobs, fantasists, dole-bludgers and tinks.

coconut doug

CD - fantasists! That OK? Feel free to exclude yourself if you want.

Hundreds, if not thousands of millions, of people claim to sense the presence of God and many commune with him in specially constructed buildings on a regular basis. Why are they to be respected whilst simultaneously condemning these protesters as fantasists.They are very probably seeking publicity by taking the mickey out of a system they seek to dismantle. A system that draws it's ultimate authority from the same sources (god and monarchy) that the protesters claim their legitimacy from.

Perhaps anybody, who believes in anything, is a fantasist.

• 1 month later...
John Findlay

I hope they show dignity and accept the decision of the court. However, and haven't not read the article in the link. I am sure the European Court of Human Rights will get a mention.

presumptuous of me but they surely have just wasted money in legal aid fighting this.  The Queen should send her staff over from the Palace to evict them by giant medieval catapult 

The camper says that it is a "sad day for Scotland". Nice of him to speak on our countries behalf (a common trend with these types).  Scroungers and scumbags at their finest, the lowest of the low.  These are the sort of people who "welcome all refugees" which is very nice of them but would contribute the square root of **** all for their upkeep or in the defence of our country.  

Round them up and drop them at the Jobcentre.

They don't want to work until we become independent as have no wish to contribute to her majesty's treasury.

I hope they show dignity and accept the decision of the court. However, and haven't not read the article in the link. I am sure the European Court of Human Rights will get a mention.

they havn't accepted the will of the "people of Scotland", the majority of whom voted for the union,them ignoring the fact they lost, how does that contravene their human rights ? it is the human right of "the people" that their democratic vote is upheld.

Stuart Lyon

The BBC site says they are going to appeal. Just can't accept the law when it goes against them. The site itself has been reduced to just a couple of caravans and maybe a tent or 2 - it is certainly smaller than it was for a goo while. 

The BBC site says they are going to appeal. Just can't accept the law when it goes against them. The site itself has been reduced to just a couple of caravans and maybe a tent or 2 - it is certainly smaller than it was for a goo while. 

Shock!!!!

A Scottish Nationalist does not accept a legal decision and wants to appeal.

Has it been said who will be paying the court costs yet?

Lord Turnball has reserved the issue of expenses till a later hearing. The parties have requested that be dealt separately.

It's common for this to be the case in a matter of this size and cost.

Lord Turnball has reserved the issue of expenses till a later hearing. The parties have requested that be dealt separately.

It's common for this to be the case in a matter of this size and cost.

"Thanks for that"

Round them up and drop them at the Jobcentre.

Round them up and drop them in the Forth.

But seriously, I saw one of their representatives, Garry, being interviewed on the STV news.

It reminded me very much of the excellent John Boorman film, Deliverance, for some reason.

Malinga the Swinga

Drove past their camp on Monday on way home from work and a scruffier midden you couldn't wish to see. Why I have to pay taxes so Aussieh and his mates can laze about all day is beyond me. Cut their benefits, make them clean up their mess and get them working.

Talking of no good dossers has anyone noticed the campsite on the Cowgate by Espionage. **** me, what is that about. They have a big banner saying "Not another hideous Heartbreak Hotel". I am sure they think they are changing the world and being all 'anti-capitalist' but I am pretty sure they are more 'anti-work'.

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=35451aa7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

This may be of some interest to many on this thread. The report from Lord Turnbull which includes a summary of the points raised by the respondents (indycamp) and petitioners (Scottish Parliament Corporate Body).

Have to say I did get a good laugh out of it. Clearly, a waste of time considering many of respondents own subsmissions made no reference or bore any relationship to the matter in contention. An absolute waste of public money to me, I would expect the court to grant expenses in favour of the petitioners.

Seymour M Hersh

they havn't accepted the will of the "people of Scotland", the majority of whom voted for the union,them ignoring the fact they lost, how does that contravene their human rights ? it is the human right of "the people" that their democratic vote is upheld.

The natz only accepts what suits their separation agenda.  Look how wee nippy bangs on about Scotland "voting" to stay in the EU even although it was a referendum for the entire UK and Scotland were not mentioned on the ballot paper.  Meanwhile in Scotland education, the NHS, economy in fact you name in and the nato are ignoring it in pursuit of separation. 

Jambos_1874

Any person or organisation which is utterly focused on one goal, to the detriment of everything else, is dangerous IMO. The SNP and their supporters are in the category. They have absolute tunnel vision and their supporters cannot be reasoned with. This absolutely ludicrous, embarassing indy camp is an example of this.

Any person or organisation which is utterly focused on one goal, to the detriment of everything else, is dangerous IMO. The SNP and their supporters are in the category. They have absolute tunnel vision and their supporters cannot be reasoned with. This absolutely ludicrous, embarassing indy camp is an example of this.

Ever since the majority of local councils came under their control you can see the decline in services.  Dirty streets, overflowing bins to name just a few.  The SNP are the biggest threat to this nation right now.  In an age where there are terror attacks every day almost, they want to welcome all and strip our defence and deterrents.  An utterly despicable organisation.

Hundreds, if not thousands of millions, of people claim to sense the presence of God and many commune with him in specially constructed buildings on a regular basis. Why are they to be respected whilst simultaneously condemning these protesters as fantasists.They are very probably seeking publicity by taking the mickey out of a system they seek to dismantle. A system that draws it's ultimate authority from the same sources (god and monarchy) that the protesters claim their legitimacy from.

Perhaps anybody, who believes in anything, is a fantasist.

What a load of nonsense (albeit I'm not very religious).

The fact is their arguments had no basis in law and were political and spiritual in their grounding. The advocate representing some of the respondents distanced himself from the submissions of the other three.

It's unlikely, given the means of the respondents they wont bear the costs of the action in expenses. However, given the courts allowed a further hearing on their ECHR rights and for them not to lead on the law here is frankly a waste of court time and money.

Credit to Lord Turnbull for his handling of the case though.

• 2 months later...

Just passed what's left of the eyesore camp in Holyrood Park and one of the inhabitants is currently painting a

sign inviting passing motorists to honk for Indy 2! Get them emptied!

Just passed what's left of the eyesore camp in Holyrood Park and one of the inhabitants is currently painting a

They really are a cringe.  I see the utterly pathetic protest site on the cowgate have dispersed.  Aw diddums - must've been the cold nights kicking in.  Back to the warmth of mummy and daddys as they try to find another cause to stop them working another season.

Are those tramps still there!!!

I thought they lost their case?

Are those tramps still there!!!

I thought they lost their case?

They don't care about laws or any form of legal process.  

Space Mackerel

They don't care about laws or any form of legal process.

What's wrong with protesting? It's everyone's democratic right.

Are they directly affecting you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What's wrong with protesting? It's everyone's democratic right.

Are they directly affecting you?

Everyone has the right to protest.  You can look at all my 17,000 posts and see I have never said anything to the contrary.  However, no-one and I mean no-one has the right to be a public nuisance.

Space Mackerel

Everyone has the right to protest. You can look at all my 17,000 posts and see I have never said anything to the contrary. However, no-one and I mean no-one has the right to be a public nuisance.

Explain why they are a "public nuisance?"

Explain why they are a "public nuisance?"

• An eyesore to what is a pretty nice area
  • Taking services for free that the majority of the public pay for
  • They are making a mess
  • Not respecting the law 

Space Mackerel

• An eyesore to what is a pretty nice area
  • Taking services for free that the majority of the public pay for
  • They are making a mess
  • Not respecting the law

You really are a sensitive wee soul. [emoji23]

I suppose you have the same views about the Faslane camp? Anybody else?

Archived