Vigil camp thing in holyrood park

1874robbo

AlimOzturk

I have actually spoken to the people occupying these caravns and they donate a considerable load of money to Scottish charities and work full time jobs.

They are there as a form of protest and i for one applaud them for standing up for what they believe in.

Rather than getting so angry at what is a harmless protest and doing zero harm how about throwing your ange at corruption. I see the conservative party have not been declaring there full campaign funds. Arseholes.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have actually spoken to the people occupying these caravns and they donate a considerable load of money to Scottish charities and work full time jobs.

They are there as a form of protest and i for one applaud them for standing up for what they believe in.

Rather than getting so angry at what is a harmless protest and doing zero harm how about throwing your ange at corruption. I see the conservative party have not been declaring there full campaign funds. Arseholes.

Tories expenses are not pertinent to this thread fella.  Where does their money come from to donate this money?  I am assuming us (the tax paying public).  They have created an eyesore in what is  a beautiful area, for what? How is sitting like doss idle scumbags a thing to be applauded? They are not activists or visionaries, they are just lazy.  I would like a list of the ?charities? that they donate to and the salary of it?s respective CEO please.  Are we supposed to be impressed that they donate?  It is probably like a Christian that is doing ?missionary? work that is really standing preaching wanting money and making the church eligible for tax exemption.

Stuart Lyon

Does their presence mean I can park on the grass in the Queen's Park? I feel sure if I tried it I would be arrested so why do these people have to be taken to court to remove them and their eyesore of a camp?

Does their presence mean I can park on the grass in the Queen's Park? I feel sure if I tried it I would be arrested so why do these people have to be taken to court to remove them and their eyesore of a camp?

They have 2 cars parked there. If I did that i'd be slapped with parking tickets.

Fair?

Regal Kingston

Do people stay there full time?

Or do they just take turns?

Surely there are better ways of protesting in this day and age?

Its a bit of an eyesore but I suppose you if that bothers you should turn round 180 degrees and look at Arthur Seat.

If the tourists like it I suppose its like a tourist attraction in itself?

A really shit one mind!

They shouldn't be lighting fires in the Queens park though.

They should maybe clean the caravan as well

Do you think if a group of gypsies turn up there last year they would still be there today?

Not a chance

Do you think if a group of gypsies turn up there last year they would still be there today?

Not a chance

Or a camp site of unionists (which i'd equally object to).

Jamboelite

Do people stay there full time? Or do they just take turns? Surely there are better ways of protesting in this day and age? Its a bit of an eyesore but I suppose you if that bothers you should turn round 180 degrees and look at Arthur Seat. If the tourists like it I suppose its like a tourist attraction in itself? A really shit one mind! They shouldn't be lighting fires in the Queens park though. They should maybe clean the caravan as well

Yup this saves me typing out the same.

luckyBatistuta

How do you know the tourists love it?

Do you work with them etc?

Really? I mean really?

I MEAN REALLY, i have driven plenty of tourists past that who have asked why they are there. When you tell them, they think it's brilliant, as they love the whole 'FREEDOM' thing.

The jj era

These freeloading scumbags will spend all day screaming about social justice etc but what is fair about them doing eff all all day and living for free whilst people have to work hard to pay for it?

Spot on. Get the bawbags to feck

GforGallo

Tories expenses are not pertinent to this thread fella. Where does their money come from to donate this money? I am assuming us (the tax paying public). They have created an eyesore in what is a beautiful area, for what? How is sitting like doss idle scumbags a thing to be applauded? They are not activists or visionaries, they are just lazy. I would like a list of the ?charities? that they donate to and the salary of it?s respective CEO please. Are we supposed to be impressed that they donate? It is probably like a Christian that is doing ?missionary? work that is really standing preaching wanting money and making the church eligible for tax exemption.

See after the giving money to charities bit? He says and they work full time jobs.

So it's probably from that money.

But then that makes your whole rant about them being free loading tramp scum who deserve to die look a bit silly.

Maybe that's why you ignored it?

See after the giving money to charities bit? He says and they work full time jobs.

So it's probably from that money.

But then that makes your whole rant about them being free loading tramp scum who deserve to die look a bit silly.

Maybe that's why you ignored it?

I read it but I am pretty certain it is bullshit.  How can you have a full time job with no fixed abode?  They can't pay tax if they have no fixed abode, unless it is cash in hand and they are avoiding tax?

Sorry, I should have said that the view I have all day is of them and I have never seen the cars leave the site or them infact so I am certain they do not work.

They call themselves the 'Sovereign Indigenous People of Scotland group'

:facepalm:

:lol:

:seethe:

Too right.  They are breaking the law.  Decent people would seethe at this.

:glorious:

Would you feel the same if it was a Unionist camp? Nah I doubt it.

Trampy attention seeking.

Feel a bit sorry for them tbh, imagine that was your pathetic existence? **** that.

TheTeamForMe

Would you feel the same if it was a Unionist camp? Nah I doubt it.

I wouldn't moan and moan and moan about it, I wouldn't let it bother me the way it bothers you  and I certainly wouldn't wish for it to be burned to the ground,again, like you .So, as per, you are wrong in your assumptions of Yes voters.

Anyway, can't wait for the results to come in tonight and start the referendum campaign again. People are wiser this time 

Feel free to **** off to Latvia with your daft pal

Tick

Tock

1874robbo

I MEAN REALLY, i have driven plenty of tourists past that who have asked why they are there. When you tell them, they think it's brilliant, as they love the whole 'FREEDOM' thing.

I suppose if they're getting the old freedom fighters and braveheart chat from you they would love it, but i'll guarantee other taxi drivers will tell tourists it's a feckin dump and won't be suitably impressed by it.

Each to their own I suppose.

I wouldn't moan and moan and moan about it, I wouldn't let it bother me the way it bothers you  and I certainly wouldn't wish for it to be burned to the ground,again, like you .So, as per, you are wrong in your assumptions of Yes voters.

Anyway, can't wait for the results to come in tonight and start the referendum campaign again. People are wiser this time 

Feel free to **** off to Latvia with your daft pal

Tick

Tock

Do you own this country now?

TheTeamForMe

:verysmug:

Fighting the good fight within perfectly legal boundaries.

The European Convention of Human Rights, no less

What they are doing is illegal. FACT

No it's not. It would be illegal to remove them just now. FACT

:verysmug:

Nookie Bear

I'm not saying they are. I said all the tourists love it, (especially the Americans) who see them as fighting for their cause (freedom). As I said it wouldn't be me and I don't think it looks good, but they're not doing any harm.

But Americans are, largely, dicks.

freedom
?fri?d?m/

the state of not being imprisoned or enslaved.
"the shark thrashed its way to freedom"
synonyms:

libertyliberationreleaseemancipationdeliverancedelivery,discharge, non-confinement, extrication; More

Anyone who thinks a fight for freedom applies to Scotland is a complete and utter imbecile.

luckyBatistuta

I suppose if they're getting the old freedom fighters and braveheart chat from you they would love it, but i'll guarantee other taxi drivers will tell tourists it's a feckin dump and won't be suitably impressed by it.

Each to their own I suppose.

Putting words in my mouth now :thumbsup:

But Americans are, largely, dicks.

They're definitely not the brightest bunch.

I'm going to visit them and get stoned wearing my CND jumper .

They will be too busy working and contributing seemingly.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

PUT IT IN BIG LETTERS! THAT WILL MAKE IT ALL THE MORE 

FACTIER!!

GforGallo

I read it but I am pretty certain it is bullshit. How can you have a full time job with no fixed abode? They can't pay tax if they have no fixed abode, unless it is cash in hand and they are avoiding tax?

How can you not pay tax without a fixed abode?

If they work full time, it'll be PAYE.

How can you not pay tax without a fixed abode?

If they work full time, it'll be PAYE.

What will their address be with the Inland Revenue?  The wee heap of grass outside the parliament?

heartstastic

If this is the case, and you seem driven enough to do something about it. Why don't you go down and make a citizen's arrest?.

indianajones

freedom
?fri?d?m/

the state of not being imprisoned or enslaved.
"the shark thrashed its way to freedom"
synonyms:

libertyliberationreleaseemancipationdeliverancedelivery,discharge, non-confinement, extrication; More

Anyone who thinks a fight for freedom applies to Scotland is a complete and utter imbecile.

If currently think we are free, you are also a complete and utter imbecile.

Wake up. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

So it's basically a free for all campshite where you can park your car for free while damaging the grass and light fires at night, it's the Edinburgh Way, the lunatics have taken over

1874robbo

Putting words in my mouth now :thumbsup:

They're definitely not the brightest bunch.

I'm only basing it on what you are saying on here.

Sorry if I'm miles away.

Jambo-Jimbo

Too right.  They are breaking the law.  Decent people would seethe at this.

Don't want to upset you, but maybe it'll turn out like the camp at Faslane, now that is a midden and it's been there since 1982.

What was that noise?

Was that your blood pressure just hitting the roof?   :ahhhhhhh:

Seymour M Hersh

I love the irony that it's the EU legislation that has given them a temporary reprieve.  Wee nippy is desperate for an independent scoatlund to be n that club but because of it they can't shift a bunch of unwashed layabouts.

luckyBatistuta

I'm only basing it on what you are saying on here.

Sorry if I'm miles away.

That's not the case, but reading through my posts, I can see how someone can think that. :thumbsup:

I'm just not that bothered about it really, happy to let the authorities deal with it. I do wonder how, if they can't move them, then what happens if the caravans start multiplying...how many before they do get heavy handed???

Stuart Lyon

How is this any different to the anti capitalism protesters who camped beside St Pauls Cathedral a couple of years ago? The shifted them eventually.

luckyBatistuta

I love the irony that it's the EU legislation that has given them a temporary reprieve.  Wee nippy is desperate for an independent scoatlund to be n that club but because of it they can't shift a bunch of unwashed layabouts.

So hopefully more people will vote to leave, because of crazy EU legislations like this. Now I'm starting to like the campsite :lol:

How long has it been there? 

Only noticed it a couple of months ago.

AlimOzturk

I read it but I am pretty certain it is bullshit. How can you have a full time job with no fixed abode? They can't pay tax if they have no fixed abode, unless it is cash in hand and they are avoiding tax?

Why would they not be able to pay Tax without having a fixed abode or have a job?

AlimOzturk

How long has it been there?

Only noticed it a couple of months ago.

Since the Indy referendum

1874robbo

That's not the case, but reading through my posts, I can see how someone can think that. :thumbsup:

I'm just not that bothered about it really, happy to let the authorities deal with it. I do wonder how, if they can't move them, then what happens if the caravans start multiplying...how many before they do get heavy handed???

No worries mate.

That's why I posted about it in the first place.

I just can't believe they are still there after all this time.

What's to stop people just parking everywhere over the park with an independence type slogan over their car and saying "right I'm having a peaceful demonstration"?

Why would they not be able to pay Tax without having a fixed abode or have a job?

Most companies will not employ someone who does not have a home. And if you don't have a job you are unlikely going to qualify to pay rax.

Archived