Unbelievable, Jeff! Leicester City Champions (merged)

Frank

Wow, this thread has become a bit of a joy vacuum.

Their fans are just normal football folk like me who never believed in a million years that they'd do something like this. Nobody else believed they ever would either. I can relate to that. Real fans, there for the good and the bad, not much in the way of plastic armchair support (except in Bangkok, noted [emoji6]) and they just went and won one of the biggest leagues in the world. I have no interest in Leicester particularly but I still get a little kick from what they've achieved. It's hard not to put yourself in their shoes and imagine how it must be the most euphoric feeling you might ever get from the beautiful game.

If you don't get the feels, you don't get them, and that's your call, but I'm really enjoying watching this from afar.

Plus Ranieri strikes me as a right decent sort.

The joy vacuum [emoji1][emoji1]

Great post Redm

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unknown user

Shhhhh

You're not allowed to say anything negative about the "fairytale"

Bollocks, you can say what you want.

So can I, including "what kind of person is nauseated by people being happy for some fellow football fans celebrating an unexpected win?"

Learn to deal with it better.

rudi must stay

Leicester are champions! Amazing stuff and thoroughly well deserved.

Is this the biggest sporting shock ever?

Probably. It's a bigger shock than Greece in 2004 due to how badly Ranieri did with , ironically, Greece

Well chuffed for them, thoroughly deserve it. Tottenham really let themselves down tonight, with some shocking tackles and behaviour. One thing I have noticed though, is the fact that every time the cameras show the Leicester fans celebrating at full time, nobody seems to be that emotional. When we won in 98, I'd never seen so many grown adults bubbling their eyes out, once the whistle blew, to confirm that we'd finally done it.

I think the reason for that was that Hearts had had the potential to win things, had knocked on the door a few times and not got there.

Leceister have never really had the prospect of winning **** all.

So emotions but different ones

Well done Leicester City.

Well done Ranieri, set them up to suit players at his disposal instead of trying to fit them into his preferred system. Spoke to players and asked them what they thought worked and took it on board. Great management and reaped the rewards for believing in and trusting his players.

Well done all.

Yep indeed

Taken him over 2 decades of management to get to that stage though....

luckyBatistuta

I think the reason for that was that Hearts had had the potential to win things, had knocked on the door a few times and not got there.

Never thought about it like that. I did after posting see a few fans having a bubble, but I'm going for Hearts fans being more passionate about their club. :smugger:

I think they lose a place if Liverpool win the Europa.  I'm not 100% but did Liverpool not take Everton's place in 2005 when they won the CL?  Only 4 max per country perhaps.

They won't lose a place if Liverpool win the Europa, they will have 5 teams in the ECL.

Liverpool didn't take Everton's place in 2005, I think it was the first time that a ECL winner hadn't qualified for the next season's tournament so there was no precedent, but UEFA allowed Liverpool to defend their title.  They subsequently firmed up the ruling so that if the situation arose again, the ECL winner would qualify at the expense of one of the other league places, hence Spurs lost out after finishing 4th in the league the season that Chelsea finished outside the top 4 but won the ECL.

The Europa League winners spot is an additional place, and doesn't impact the teams who qualify via their league positions, hence Spain had 5 teams in the ECL this season - Barca, Real, Atletico and Valencia, plus Seville as Europa League winners.

gashauskis9

They won't lose a place if Liverpool win the Europa, they will have 5 teams in the ECL.

Liverpool didn't take Everton's place in 2005, I think it was the first time that a ECL winner hadn't qualified for the next season's tournament so there was no precedent, but UEFA allowed Liverpool to defend their title. They subsequently firmed up the ruling so that if the situation arose again, the ECL winner would qualify at the expense of one of the other league places, hence Spurs lost out after finishing 4th in the league the season that Chelsea finished outside the top 4 but won the ECL.

The Europa League winners spot is an additional place, and doesn't impact the teams who qualify via their league positions, hence Spain had 5 teams in the ECL this season - Barca, Real, Atletico and Valencia, plus Seville as Europa League winners.

If I recall, Liverpool got a CL place that year but had to start at the earliest qualifying round against some Welsh pub team.

Rudolf's Mate

Just watching the news and Muzzy Izzet turns up at a Leicester fans house with the Premier League Trophy (ok probably replica). The guys nan is 97 and and has been a lifelong season ticket holder. She said she never ever dreamed she'd live to see Leicester win the EPL. Lump in the throat stuff. 

Unknown user

Just watching the news and Muzzy Izzet turns up at a Leicester fans house with the Premier League Trophy (ok probably replica). The guys nan is 97 and and has been a lifelong season ticket holder. She said she never ever dreamed she'd live to see Leicester win the EPL. Lump in the throat stuff.

That'll be the nausea

Bindy Badgy

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/10269836/leicester-fan-gets-to-present-premier-league-trophy

John Findlay

Apart from the English league cup under O Neill and twice in FA Cup finals in the 60s. They lost both but being in the final they had the chance to win. As I keep saying. Football didn't start in 1992.

Section Q

I think there'should 5 or 6 trophies made. All exactly the same.

Rudolf's Mate

Brilliant atmosphere at the Leicester v Everton game. Crowd were treated to Andrea Bocelli singing from the centre circle alongside Ranieri. 8 mins to kick off and they were trying to hurry Ranieri up but he just calmly gestures as if to say it's fine :lol:

Guess The Crowd

Brilliant atmosphere at the Leicester v Everton game. Crowd were treated to Andrea Bocelli singing from the centre circle alongside Ranieri. 8 mins to kick off and they were trying to hurry Ranieri up but he just calmly gestures as if to say it's fine :lol:

Watched that too, brilliant pre-match celebrations.

Edit; 2-0.....

Such a class outfit. Calm, composed, skillful, clinical.

Perfect footballing side built on the foundations of hard graft.

The Internet

Love how even above the noise Leicester fans are making you can still hear the boos from Everton fans. They hate Martinez.

Read somewhere that the manager of Leicester used to " tinker" the players about whilst in the relegation zone, then decided it wasn't the proper tactic , so, kept the players in their proper positions and let them rip and go .

Light bulb !

I see Everton gave the Leicester players a Guard of Honour before the match .... surely a congratulation phonecall would have been plenty :look:

Good article highlighting the questionable business practices of the Leicester owners and their monopoly concessions. 

http://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/960953/a-thai-monopoly-and-leicesters-triumph

The Guardian had a piece on that recently too:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation

Unknown user

Read somewhere that the manager of Leicester used to " tinker" the players about whilst in the relegation zone, then decided it wasn't the proper tactic , so, kept the players in their proper positions and let them rip and go .

Light bulb !

:lol: wtf?

Leicester have literally never been out of the top 6 under Ranieri!

Bindy Badgy

Fantastic performance from City.

Watching that has made me incredibly jealous.

Jambof3tornado

Light bulb !

Right players in the right position.

The massive difference between our team and Leicester is they all play forceach other. We don't.

Magical.

Sat back with a beer and just enjoyed the whole thing. Rarely do I bother my tits with another teams trophy award ceremony but it's such a wonderful achievement I was genuinely moved by the occasion.

Leicester fans: "We are staying up, we are staying up!"

:biggrin:

The Internet

Light bulb !

:lol:

Aye that's what happened mate.

Unknown user

:lol:

Aye that's what happened mate.

I honestly can't tell if we're having the pish ripped out of us or not :lol:

Thurlaston

I am an exiled Jambo and have lived in Leicestershire for the last 20 odd years. Although I am not enjoying the Leicester championship in the same way as their true supporters, it has been a brilliant place to be the last few months and I am thrilled for the foxes and my mates who have been loyal supporters all their lives.

It has been great to see a 'small club' stand up against their 'better' opponents and I hope we can show the same mentality next season and not accept that we will be also rans to the ugly sisters.

The Internet

I honestly can't tell if we're having the pish ripped out of us or not :lol:

Definitely not. This Leicester title win has done weird things to people.

The Bocelli thing was terrific.

Rudolf's Mate

The Bocelli thing was terrific.

I thought it was amazing tbh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watt-Zeefuik

Light bulb !

You're getting ripped for this, partially deserved because it's not true at all, but I think what you're alluding to is that Ranieri had a reputation as a tinkerer in his previous jobs, but hasn't done much of that at Leicester.

Leicester are champions! Amazing stuff and thoroughly well deserved.

Is this the biggest sporting shock ever?

They say it is "arguably" the greatest shock in the history of team sport. I don't understand "arguably" because NOTHING has ever revealed 5016/1 ( as was secured by people). In fact not even close. Somebody said you wouldn't get these odds for Elvis being discovered alive. "Amazing" is absolutely apt here, meaning never likely ever again. Notwithstanding I have AUD10 on Burnley!!

I am an exiled Jambo and have lived in Leicestershire for the last 20 odd years. Although I am not enjoying the Leicester championship in the same way as their true supporters, it has been a brilliant place to be the last few months and I am thrilled for the foxes and my mates who have been loyal supporters all their lives.

It has been great to see a 'small club' stand up against their 'better' opponents and I hope we can show the same mentality next season and not accept that we will be also rans to the ugly sisters.

Somebody said it has created a whole bus load of "Cinderellas". That it just great and it can't be bad for us.

Also that Thai bloke can pull the ?57,000,000 he paid from prize money and ECL Group Stage money and still own the entity!

I think Hearts have a league in them seriously and Leicester has helped my doubts.

Ferguson said at one time ( at Aberdeen) when we go to Glasgow and expect to win we can do something!

Unknown user

Definitely not. This Leicester title win has done weird things to people.

I read that Leicester were started by a fox called Kasabian Filbert

Maroonblood22

I read that Leicester were started by a fox called Kasabian Filbert

Nah, it was definitely this guy...

fox1.jpg

Maroonblood22

Anyway, imagine being Nigel Pearson watching that yesterday :lol:

I'm genuinely surprised how little we've heard about him since so many of that team were part of his relegation strugglers last season. I would have though his reluctance to play Mahrez for example would have brought him in for some criticism.

Maybe it's just coz I can't ****ing stand the boy!

Well done Leicester City, thoroughly deserved and will be a story to tell for many years!

Tommy Brown

Anyway, imagine being Nigel Pearson watching that yesterday :lol:

I'm genuinely surprised how little we've heard about him since so many of that team were part of his relegation strugglers last season. I would have though his reluctance to play Mahrez for example would have brought him in for some criticism.

Maybe it's just coz I can't ******* stand the boy!

Well done Leicester City, thoroughly deserved and will be a story to tell for many years!

Could not help but think that Pearson would still be manager, but for his son and youth team mates sharing their manky video with their Thai prostitute.

Bourne Jambo

Horrible club , Horrible place , Horribe supporters .

Well done Fester .

Was in Leicester yesterday, the whole City was on a mad one it was great to see.

Loads of Italians came over to support Ranieri without tickets, and just celebrated in the pubs and streets with everyone else.

A&E admissions doubled, apparently.

I except then to at least treble when Hearts win the league.

BangkokHearts

Somebody said it has created a whole bus load of "Cinderellas". That it just great and it can't be bad for us.

Also that Thai bloke can pull the ?57,000,000 he paid from prize money and ECL Group Stage money and still own the entity!

I think Hearts have a league in them seriously and Leicester has helped my doubts.

Ferguson said at one time ( at Aberdeen) when we go to Glasgow and expect to win we can do something!

He definitely doesn't need the money. His questionable business practices and monopoly on his businesses in Thailand keep him one of the richest people in Asia.

Interestingly, you cannot own your own business in Thailand, only a minority percentage as it has to be Thai owned. Lucky we Brits are so open and liberal towards foreigners eh?

Nauseating scenes in Thailand with the media claiming it was down to Buddhist rituals and amulets. Nary a word about actual football, effort, teamwork, management etc... well, what do you expect from people that supported Chelsea six months ago and Citeh the year before?

BangkokHearts

Could not help but think that Pearson would still be manager, but for his son and youth team mates sharing their manky video with their Thai prostitute.

It was several ladies and they do not like being refered to as prostitutes here.

You won't meet many Thai men in Thailand that don't use services of other women on a regular basis. It is not uncommon for Thai men to have a wife, another minor wife, and have regular giks (women they just sleep with for gifts and money).

Archived