Unbelievable, Jeff! Leicester City Champions (merged)

Frank

iantjambo

Delighted for them. Hard work prevails over high spending.

Well done Leicester :)

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
davieholt

A Leicester guy on the radio was saying that the great thing was that they knew what the team would be week in week out (give or take).

We could learn from that. In the 'team for .....' threads we have different formations and totally different personnel put forward - and they're almost always wrong! No wonder the guys on the park often look unsure of what is expected of them. 

The Voice of Reason

Well done Leicester.

I was at a midweek game at the King Power a couple of years ago when they beat Wolves 2-1. Great atmosphere and great support.

Some clubs are easy to like.

Well done Leicester City.

Well done Ranieri, set them up to suit players at his disposal instead of trying to fit them into his preferred system. Spoke to players and asked them what they thought worked and took it on board. Great management and reaped the rewards for believing in and trusting his players.

Well done all.

BangkokHearts

What a strange comment to make right now. I think most of the footballing world has been 'supporting' Leicester during the title run in, it's hardly comparable to glory hunting plastic fans of other EPL clubs is it?!

I for one have been 'supporting' Leicester's push for the title and would welcome anyone to do the same for Hearts if we were in a similar position, not telling them to go and lie in their own pish! :lol:

Tell that to the Thais. Leicester shirts are everywhere now.

The media coverage has been nauseating here. Not a word about the effort of the players, only that it was down to monks blessing the team.

Plus I don't like the owners.

Carry on and get excited by all means, if that's what floats yer boat.

I'll sit this one out.

The Treasurer

The media coverage has been nauseating here. Not a word about the effort of the players, only that it was down to monks blessing the team.

I'll sit this one out.

Glad it's not just me.

I congratulate them on winning the league but I do find all this "all the world loves Leicester" pish quite nauseating 

CollyWolly

Glad it's not just me.

I congratulate them on winning the league but I do find all this "all the world loves Leicester" pish quite nauseating 

There's always one on every board, and today, you're the one.

The Real Maroonblood

Glad it's not just me.

If it was Hearts I wouldn't find it nauseating.

TyphoonJambo

Does anyone remember Mark Lawrenson categorically stating, think it was just before Christmas, that there was no way, that it was nonsense to even talk about or discuss Leicester winning the league? he shot down the other pundits repeatedly, making them look like fools for even suggesting that this would happen. I would love to see that tv clip dragged out and shown again, would he apologies? 

Armageddon

Read on the BBC website that Europe's other majors leagues have all had more recent first time winners and it lists Dundee United for their 1983 title win ... ironically they get relegated the night Leicester win it!

The Treasurer

If it was Hearts I wouldn't find it nauseating.

Neither would I, but then I support Hearts

The Treasurer

There's always one on every board, and today, you're the one.

You mean the one that tells it like it is 

Riddley Walker

I'll sit this one out.

Didn't realise that you were in Thailand and that you hate the owners and there's loads of plastic Leicester fans and you're in Thailand and you hate the owners.

Maroonblood22

Didn't realise that you were in Thailand and that you hate the owners and there's loads of plastic Leicester fans and you're in Thailand and you hate the owners.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Blackpool-2-Leicester-2-match-report-Late-penalty/story-19828777-detail/story.html

I attended this match, nearly 3 years ago now. I will draw your attention to the comments at the bottom, some posters in particular should take heed!!!!

Please scroll to the bottom, if fans had their way...........

Absolutely chuffed to bits for them, it is every underdog fans fantasy, not even a  wildest (or wet) dream. Watching the pictures come in last night they seemed stunned, finding it impossible to take in. I hope they have the party of their lives on Saturday. Anyone who cant find in their heart (outside of Nottingham) to enjoy this, should question why they continue to steal oxygen from the rest of us :)

They were great fans the day I watched them, even when behind they made a racket and stayed firmly behind the team. I wish them well for next season.

The Treasurer

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Blackpool-2-Leicester-2-match-report-Late-penalty/story-19828777-detail/story.html

I attended this match, nearly 3 years ago now. I will draw your attention to the comments at the bottom, some posters in particular should take heed!!!!

Please scroll to the bottom, if fans had their way...........

Absolutely chuffed to bits for them, it is every underdog fans fantasy, not even a  wildest (or wet) dream. Watching the pictures come in last night they seemed stunned, finding it impossible to take in. I hope they have the party of their lives on Saturday. Anyone who cant find in their heart (outside of Nottingham) to enjoy this, should question why they continue to steal oxygen from the rest of us :)

They were great fans the day I watched them, even when behind they made a racket and stayed firmly behind the team. I wish them well for next season.

I don't "find it in my heart to enjoy this" for one reason.

If my team don't win a competition I don't give a shiney shite who does.

Having said that, I hope Leicester and their real fans (not the plastic bandwagon jumpers) enjoy their day, they deserve it, just don't ask me to get all excited about a team I've never supported in my life (and never will)

iantjambo

I don't "find it in my heart to enjoy this" for one reason.

If my team don't win a competition I don't give a shiney shite who does.

Having said that, I hope Leicester and their real fans (not the plastic bandwagon jumpers) enjoy their day, they deserve it, just don't ask me to get all excited about a team I've never supported in my life (and never will)

Ok you've already made it perfectly clear so no need to keep reminding everyone that you don't "give a shiny shite".

Unless of course you're just attention seeking.

BangkokHearts

Did I mention there's loads of plastic Leicester fans here?

The Treasurer

Ok you've already made it perfectly clear so no need to keep reminding everyone that you don't "give a shiny shite".

Unless of course you're just attention seeking.

I was replying to questions/comments (none of which were from you), hardly "attention seeking"

You just go back to your love-in with a club you've no affiliation with

John Findlay

Greatest story in the history of British football! Really pleased for their fans.

Stop being so melodramatic. Derby, Burnley and others have won the top league in Britain. Dundee Utd being Scottish champions in 1983 is just as good an achievement. Plus United's record in Europe against Barcelona is as good as anything Leicester have achieved. No not the greatest in British football imo. But, very noteworthy indeed and many congratulations to them on a fine victory indeed.

The Real Maroonblood

Stop being so melodramatic. Derby, Burnley and others have won the top league in Britain. Dundee Utd being Scottish champions in 1983 is just as good an achievement. Plus United's record in Europe against Barcelona is as good as anything Leicester have achieved. No not the greatest in British football imo. But, very noteworthy indeed and many congratulations to them on a fine victory indeed.

It's probably remarkable because the money they have spent compared to the so called big clubs.

It was a more level playing field when the clubs you have mentioned won the league.

Weonly151

Well done Leister, what an achievement. Who needs to spend millions on a team, its down to the manager, team playing for each other and the belief and teams spirit.

John Findlay

It's probably remarkable because the money they have spent compared to the so called big clubs.

It was a more level playing field when the clubs you have mentioned won the league.

Sorry I disagree. The Man Utd and Liverpool's of this world have always had greater spending power than the Derby's and Notts Forest's of this world. There are to many people nowadays who think football started in 1992 in England with Sky television.

John Findlay

People knocking an achievement on this scale. What utter cretins.

Not knocking it. Just disagreeing it's the finest achievement in British football.

alwaysthereinspirit

Have cousins with seasons tickets. My older cousin took me to Filbert St in September 1974 for a league cup replay against Arsenal.

Always had a bit of a soft spot for them. He was at Hampden with me for both the Dundee Utd semi and Aberdeen final in 86.

He's since passed. He travelled everywhere with them for many years. A dyed in the wool Fox. Wish he could have been around for this.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not knocking it. Just disagreeing it's the finest achievement in British football.

Well it is in the last 24 hours

iantjambo

I was replying to questions/comments (none of which were from you), hardly "attention seeking"

You just go back to your love-in with a club you've no affiliation with

Love in :rofl: I'm happy to see an unfancied team beating off the big spenders and winning one of the worlds top leagues, I'm not heading out to get pissed in celebration so hardly a love in.

You've already made it clear what your feelings are on the subject so I don't really see the need in you reiterating the fact every few posts, doing so would indeed make you something of an attention seeker. Just my opinion of course.

The Treasurer finds it so tired and nauseating, and cares so little about it, he takes part in a thread about it.

TexasAndy

Amazing.    Every single team will be aiming a bit higher next season because of this.  

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Great to see them do it even with all that unnecessary squad rotation.

colinmaroon

The Treasurer finds it so tired and nauseating, and cares so little about it, he takes part in a thread about it.

There are always these misery gut naysayers who think that they're "superior", they're above the popular acclaim of an outstanding sporting achievement.

Let them wallow in the self-aggrandisement!  Just a bunch of party poopers!

norrie1952

Well done Leicester .At least this clubs supporters cannot be labelled Glory Hunters ! Great for football !

Seymour M Hersh

Remark-a-bubble!  Well done the tinker man (although he's done precious little tinkering this season) I've always liked him. Nearly (cough cough) came to Hearts iirc. 

Seymour M Hersh

Was listening to the radio this morning and they were talking about Burnley getting promoted to the EPL. Apparently it's worth ?200m to each club next season. Just think about that.  Two hundred million pounds to each club (min I guess)

The Treasurer

It's a very current news topic, therefore I gave my opinion on it.

The Treasurer

There are always these misery gut naysayers who think that they're "superior", they're above the popular acclaim of an outstanding sporting achievement.

Let them wallow in the self-aggrandisement!  Just a bunch of party poopers!

Sigh.

If you'd read my post correctly I have congratulated them on a great achievement.

As I have no affiliation to this club it means very little to me personally

doctor jambo

A bit of perspective

Whilst the foxes are to be congratulated, the disparity between their wages and expenditure is very similar ( or in fact closer) than the other 11 top flight teams in Scotland face every year in trying to keep pace with Smeltic.

Celtic average wage is 12 times that of Aberdeen/ Hearts etc and 25 times that of Ross County.

The difference between Man Utd/City and so on to Leicester is nowhere near that.

Should any side in Scotland outside the OF ever win it again it would knock the Leicester achievement for dead

The Treasurer

Love in :rofl: I'm happy to see an unfancied team beating off the big spenders and winning one of the worlds top leagues, I'm not heading out to get pissed in celebration so hardly a love in.

You've already made it clear what your feelings are on the subject so I don't really see the need in you reiterating the fact every few posts, doing so would indeed make you something of an attention seeker. Just my opinion of course.

You've made it very clear what you think of my opinion (which I'm entitled to) without the need to reiterate it after every few posts.

Make you something of a drama.

Just my opinion of course

Section Q

Engineered by Asian betting syndicates if you believe the conspiracy theorists.

Never happen with a Thai owned team owned by a Thai multi-billionaire, never I say.

I believe it was the Buddhist monks.

Congratulations to all real Leicester fans. The people that have started 'supporting' them in the last 8 months can away and lie in their own pish.

Imagine the rumours if they'd chucked it..!!!

The Treasurer

A bit of perspective

Whilst the foxes are to be congratulated, the disparity between their wages and expenditure is very similar ( or in fact closer) than the other 11 top flight teams in Scotland face every year in trying to keep pace with Smeltic.

Celtic average wage is 12 times that of Aberdeen/ Hearts etc and 25 times that of Ross County.

The difference between Man Utd/City and so on to Leicester is nowhere near that.

Should any side in Scotland outside the OF ever win it again it would knock the Leicester achievement for dead

Correct.

Having billionaire owners hardly makes them the paupers that some are making them out to be.

Ibrahim Tall

How exactly do you go about not being "plastic" fan if you're Thai and living in Thailand? They live in Thailand ffs, if you're lucky in 0.1% of cases there's a 'real' reason to support a particular English side but in the other 99.9% of course you're going to pick a team that's winning.

Christ, with the Thai connection at Leicester it's probably the the most valid reason most have ever had for supporting a team in England.

CollyWolly

Sigh.

If you'd read my post correctly I have congratulated them on a great achievement.

As I have no affiliation to this club it means very little to me personally

It left you 'nauseated' you said. and then you called someone else a drama queen, or words to that effect. You've has a mare on this mate. Best leave it.

iantjambo

You've made it very clear what you think of my opinion (which I'm entitled to) without the need to reiterate it after every few posts.

Make you something of a drama.

Just my opinion of course

Aye very good mate :rofl: maybe best we leave it at that eh? :thumbsup:

Sawdust Caesar

I heard on tv last night that their 1st team squad cost ?23 million, some clubs subs bench will have cost more. I also heard someone say that Man Utd have spent more on their squad in the last 2 years than Leicester have in their lifetime, I'm not convinced of that though.

The Treasurer

It left you 'nauseated' you said. and then you called someone else a drama queen, or words to that effect. You've has a mare on this mate. Best leave it.

The media coverage and the false cheerleading is leaving me nauseated, not their excellent achievement.

If you read my "drama queen" post in context of the one I was replying to, you'd realise it was tongue in cheek.

Maybe I'm not the one having a "mare" 

The Treasurer

Aye very good mate :rofl: maybe best we leave it at that eh? :thumbsup:

Glad you took my post in the light hearted way it was meant

Unlike some !!!  :2thumbsup:

CollyWolly

The media coverage and the false cheerleading is leaving me nauseated, not their excellent achievement.

If you read my "drama queen" post in context of the one I was replying to, you'd realise it was tongue in cheek.

Maybe I'm not the one having a "mare

Back-pedalling furiously but ultimately still had a mare and still feeling nauseated.. Really ? Nauseated ??. Never mind. Tomorrows another day and you seem a decent sort

Archived