Unbelievable, Jeff! Leicester City Champions (merged)

Frank

Leicester are champions! Amazing stuff and thoroughly well deserved.just goes to show that money is not everything with the right people in charge great things can be achieved Well done Leicester City.

Is this the biggest sporting shock ever?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buffalo Bill

Amazing. Delighted for them.

It can be done.

Fitzroy Pointon

Superb stuff. Very well done to Leicester and Ranieri. Will we ever see anything like this again? Doubt it.

Tottenham however have the makings of a fantastic team there but their lack of class shone tonight.

CollyWolly

The best thing about this is, it's something that just about anyone can applaud and take joy from. Arsenal and Chelsea fans will be delighted Spurs didn't win it. Spurs will be hurting right now but at least it wasn't Arsenal. Man City will glad it wasn't Utd. Utd glad it wasn't city. I imagine the fans of every other club in Britain are mentally applauding this achievement. Probably the best thing to happen to English football since 1966. I think it's fantastic. This is why we love football. Brilliant !!! Absolutely bloody brilliant !!!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Amazing. Can you imagine if Hamilton won the league and Celtic finished fourth here? You'd have pundits saying our game was a laughing stock and that every other club would suffer from a lack of money and the prospect of Accies in the CL. :lol:

Section Q

I think most of us are relieved and happy for them.

Feelgood all round.

Fitzroy Pointon

Just think, he could have been in charge of us :sob:

Doctor FinnBarr

Pissed off for them, bet they'd rather have won it at a game, much like us last season.

:2thumbsup:

CollyWolly

Bookies will be laughing, 50 be bets and on Leicester, imagine the thousands of bets on the big 5/6.

?25 million in losses. The biggest bookies loss for any single sporting market EVER.

It might take them the rest of the week to get that back.

Up there with Montpellier in 2012 and Hellas Verona in the mid 80s for shock winners of major European leagues.

Jambof3tornado

Leicester city.....proof that you should always be looking to win the league no matter what team you support.

Magic things happen in football, thats why we love it.

Darkwhisky7

Incredible, imagine if we could do that in the next 2-3 years, how good would that feel?

Craig Gordons Gloves

Congratulations Leicester well deserved. I would love to be in Leicester town centre tonight it will be buzzin

Nah, you don't really. It's a tip.

:)

Amazing. Can you imagine if Hamilton won the league and Celtic finished fourth here? You'd have pundits saying our game was a laughing stock and that every other club would suffer from a lack of money and the prospect of Accies in the CL. :lol:

Not half. Doncaster would have kittens. Imagine the 'social unrest' and Armageddon chat. :laugh:

Section Q

Just watched the highlights. Spurs won very few fans tonight with their behaviour.

In contrast it's quite amazing that Ranieri managed to keep his players grounded and handle the pressure which must have been immense.

alwaysthereinspirit

Leicester are champions! Amazing stuff and thoroughly well deserved.

Is this the biggest sporting shock ever?

Buster Douglas was 38/1 to beat Tyson. 5000/1 says it all.

luckyBatistuta

Well chuffed for them, thoroughly deserve it. Tottenham really let themselves down tonight, with some shocking tackles and behaviour. One thing I have noticed though, is the fact that every time the cameras show the Leicester fans celebrating at full time, nobody seems to be that emotional. When we won in 98, I'd never seen so many grown adults bubbling their eyes out, once the whistle blew, to confirm that we'd finally done it.

?25 million in losses. The biggest bookies loss for any single sporting market EVER.

fantastic to see them talking a scudding for once as enough punters take it often enough well done to all who've won hope they enjoy spending all that free money

Section Q

Well chuffed for them, thoroughly deserve it. Tottenham really let themselves down tonight, with some shocking tackles and behaviour. One thing I have noticed though, is the fact that every time the cameras show the Leicester fans celebrating at full time, nobody seems to be that emotional. When we won in 98, I'd never seen so many grown adults bubbling their eyes out, once the whistle blew, to confirm that we'd finally done it.

For us older fans I think 98 was more emotional than the 5-1. Was for me anyway.

The Real Maroonblood

For us older fans I think 98 was more emotional than the 5-1. Was for me anyway.

Same here.

luckyBatistuta

Yup, was watching the Tottenham game with mates and we all noticed it. The second that whistle went at Parkhead, I burst into tears and when i turned around, every one of my mates was sobbing like a baby and pretty much everyone else I could see. 98 for me, is still the best moment I've had following our beautiful club and it just seemed a bit weird seeing them, considering the magnitude of what they had just achieved.

Stephen Muddie

Superb stuff. Very well done to Leicester and Ranieri. Will we ever see anything like this again? Doubt it.

Tottenham however have the makings of a fantastic team there but their lack of class shone tonight.

Spurs lost the league through losing or drawing against diddies - same as every loser. Tonight was not a symptom more the straw.

Hats off to Leicester.

Condemnation for Spurs and their disgraceful behaviour.

Mikey1874

Spurs lost the league through losing or drawing against diddies - same as every loser. Tonight was not a symptom more the straw.

And Wenger and some Arsenal fans crowing about beating Leicester twice

CollyWolly

Add me to the list of basket cases in 98. Bubbling my eyes out.

5-1 I just laughed for about 2 hours solid.

Has been pretty strange how, almost casual, the Leicester fans have been about this.

Jesus Christ can you imagine tonight in Gorgie if that had been us ? I reckon there would be 50,000 on the streets celebrating till the early hours. Carnage. Utter carnage.

SwindonJambo

I was one of these grown adults. Sorry... :)

Stephen Muddie

Add me to the list of basket cases in 98. Bubbling my eyes out.

5-1 I just laughed for about 2 hours solid.

Has been pretty strange how, almost casual, the Leicester fans have been about this.

Jesus Christ can you imagine tonight in Gorgie if that had been us ? I reckon there would be 50,000 on the streets celebrating till the early hours. Carnage. Utter carnage.

Not now I don't think. Dumbed down since the days of celebrating every sporadic success. Now it's hire planes when the uncharted isn't gained.

SwindonJambo

I don't think our situation was quite the same. The reason so many got a bit teary in 98 was that we'd been knocking on the door of winning a trophy since '86 with several Cup Final defeats and 2nd place finishes, including a decent league challenge that same season. It started to feel like we were jinxed and we'd never win anything and the tears were of relief more than anything else. Absolutely ridiculous that Scotland's 3rd best supported club went 36 years without a trophy.

Leicester? They're merely a well supported club with modest expectations from a small city who've suddenly come good completely out of the blue and the fans are just delighted to be enjoying the ride. They know that they're punching far above their weight so just making the most of it. They only just avoided relegation last season and I bet if asked at the start of the season most of their fans would have accepted top league survival if offered.

All the cast in the show that is currently at The Curve theatre in Leicester came on for the curtain call with Leicester scarves which was the first the people in the audience knew about it.

It's great that a group of fans that don't expect success get to experience it. I always amazes me when OF fans win something and just wander into work the Monday after and don't make a big deal unless the victory has been against the other side of the arsecheek.

Stephen Muddie

All the cast in the show that is currently at The Curve theatre in Leicester came on for the curtain call with Leicester scarves which was the first the people in the audience knew about it.

It's great that a group of fans that don't expect success get to experience it. I always amazes me when OF fans win something and just wander into work the Monday after and don't make a big deal unless the victory has been against the other side of the arsecheek.

I don't think it amazes you. It must piss you off though.

To others reading: HMFC don't exist to these people. It's only the Hearts fan ego which brings them into our conversations. We have rarely been their rivals. We are sideshows to the main event, which is good old-fashioned BritNat/Republican carnage.

This is what Scotland and Scottish football is about. Don't blame me for saying it. If I had all the solutions, they are simply not profitable or politically amiable. Same cause is why many Hearts fans disgust me.

Stephen Muddie

And Wenger and some Arsenal fans crowing about beating Leicester twice

Saddos - What have they won this season? Or any season? Semi final CL is not a trophy - nobody remembers that. Bitter, bitter creeps IMO

Wenger should have been sacked 4 seasons ago. Let a better manager manage one of the best clubs in England. He's a coward.

No.

Biggest ever odds for a team sport effected. That defines it I think.

Well done Leicester. HMFC next season.....you never know

I do....

Bookies will be laughing, 50 be bets and on Leicester, imagine the thousands of bets on the big 5/6.

They say the bookies have done ?40M. Would they have taken that from big 5/6 punters??

BangkokHearts

Engineered by Asian betting syndicates if you believe the conspiracy theorists.

Never happen with a Thai owned team owned by a Thai multi-billionaire, never I say.

I believe it was the Buddhist monks.

Congratulations to all real Leicester fans. The people that have started 'supporting' them in the last 8 months can away and lie in their own pish.

5000/1 to win it at the start of the season. Staggering achievement, they're the people's champions.

fantastic to see them talking a scudding for once as enough punters take it often enough well done to all who've won hope they enjoy spending all that free money

Bookies trot out lines like that every time they make a huge 'loss'.

In reality, they have lost nothing, as they would have made more on all the bets on teams that did not win.

Still a great story, though.

I think the tide is turning in modern football

:pleasing:

i was delighted to hear this last night, and the video was fab to watch.

leicester aren't a team i've ever followed or had any feelings, good or bad, towards, but i love love love seeing a fairy story like this.  over the moon for them and their fans

Son Of Anarchy

i was delighted to hear this last night, and the video was fab to watch.

leicester aren't a team i've ever followed or had any feelings, good or bad, towards, but i love love love seeing a fairy story like this. over the moon for them and their fans

Agree totally. Great to see an underdog coming through and deservedly winning.

Maroonblood22

Engineered by Asian betting syndicates if you believe the conspiracy theorists.

Never happen with a Thai owned team owned by a Thai multi-billionaire, never I say.

I believe it was the Buddhist monks.

Congratulations to all real Leicester fans. The people that have started 'supporting' them in the last 8 months can away and lie in their own pish.

What a strange comment to make right now. I think most of the footballing world has been 'supporting' Leicester during the title run in, it's hardly comparable to glory hunting plastic fans of other EPL clubs is it?!

I for one have been 'supporting' Leicester's push for the title and would welcome anyone to do the same for Hearts if we were in a similar position, not telling them to go and lie in their own pish! :lol:

chester copperpot

Imagine being a Leicester fan just now?

Yup.

Id be currently calling my boss to tell him I wasnt coming in today as I would still be drunk.

Currahee!

Yup.

Id be currently calling my boss to tell him I wasnt coming in today as I would still be drunk.

My boss would have been told to not expect me in for a week once the league was won.

My boss would have been told to not expect me in for a week once the league was won.

Likewise.

I so wish it will be me one day going mental and celebrating, and Leceiseter have shown with the right attitude and belief from everyone, it can be.

It is much better than simply saying to myself, "we can't be expected to challenge Celtic, and "we almost died, you know", or accepting that disappointing results are fine, because other teams get them.

Archived