LESS TALK, MORE ACTION

Elroyofderovers

Elroyofderovers

Reading a lot about fans wanting to do something in protest at Vlad.

So here goes:

The first home game of the season we all buy tickets (ST's etc) and turn up at gorgie.

OPTION A)

We don't enter the stadium for 3:00. We all stay outside our relevant turnstiles and sing for 15 minutes. We then all enter the stadium and get behind the team.

We do that at every home game until we start to see some action. After a few weeks if nothing then we extend it to 30 minutes. Then 45 etc.

OPTION B)

We enter in time for 3:00 but stand and turn our backs for the first 15 minutes and stay completely silent. We then all get behind the team.

We do that at every home game until we start to see some action. After a few weeks if nothing then we extend it to 30 minutes. Then 45 etc.

Thoughts?

scott herbertson

Can you remind me what we shout?

"The Board must go" (1960's, 70's)

"Mercer must go" (1980's)

"Pieman out!" (1990 -20003)

"Vlad must go"

I'm starting to lose track after half a century of supporting Hearts

Elroyofderovers
Can you remind me what we shout?

We sing Hearts songs. What we need to do is make sure that we protest in a different way so as to make as many headlines as possible (hopefully in the Eastern Block).

Hearts Heritage
... (hopefully in the Eastern Block).

Maybe you should take the protest straight to

highstreet-450.jpg

Does the 106 bus still go direct there?

scott herbertson
We sing Hearts songs. What we need to do is make sure that we protest in a different way so as to make as many headlines as possible (hopefully in the Eastern Block).

Well i see nothing different about your suggestions

I realise you are being well-intentioned, but I think we wil have to do more than sing Hearts songs outside the ground to get the attention of Romanov

The season ticket non-renewal was a good idea in my opinion

I think to be constructivewe should focus on the manager issue in terms of demands (ie, to paraphrase jamboRoobbo "we want one") and do something imaginative if there is not one in place at the start of the season

If it gets to that point then we should do something as witty and media eye catching as the "reading he papers at ibrox" champions league qualifiers demonstration (with Nelly T's Champions league section banner)

I would suggest all turning up with Alex Ferguson masks or George Burley placards

Hope you get my drift

Elroyofderovers
Well i see nothing different about your suggestions

I realise you are being well-intentioned, but I think we wil have to do more than sing Hearts songs outside the ground to get the attention of Romanov

It wasn't the singing of songs that was diff (that was just to show we still support the team) it was more the empty ground for 15 mins or the turning of backs and silence.

The season ticket non-renewal was a good idea in my opinion

Wasn't in favour of this as all that happens is the club get in more debt (same expenditure, less income). I know people will think Vlad will listen if we hit him in the pocket but I am not in favour of things that hurt the club. After all that is why we are protesting.

Hope you get my drift

Totally.

The police would move us on sharpish for the outside the stadium protests and the kick off would probably be delayed.

The inside the stadium backturning and silence would send a clear message to Vlad but will he actually bother to turn up?

Maybe we could all just not bother renewing or going and see what the mad Russian does. The only way he'd take notice would be if we'd have all the the baws to hold off with the ST purchases. 8,000 to 10,000 sales is probably decent figures for him considering the wage cuts and player sales.

We're pretty much in for yet another season of nowt but bottom six to look forward to unless something major takes place sharpish.

On a positive note we're getting Hleb, Mendy and 2 world cup stars this summer...:P

Ivan Drago

Wasn't in favour of this as all that happens is the club get in more debt (same expenditure, less income). I know people will think Vlad will listen if we hit him in the pocket but I am not in favour of things that hurt the club. After all that is why we are protesting.

But hopefully it would force VR to appoint a manager which should help improve matters financially...

Elroyofderovers
The police would move us on sharpish for the outside the stadium protests and the kick off would probably be delayed.

The Police would soon get peeved at that every week plus would need to increase the police presense at games.

The SPL would get hacked of with delaying kick-offs as would Setanta (the 2 games a season we are on).

The inside the stadium backturning and silence would send a clear message to Vlad but will he actually bother to turn up?

Does he ever? Hopefully it would make the news on a regular basis to get the message to him, if not in person.

Maybe we could all just not bother renewing or going and see what the mad Russian does. The only way he'd take notice would be if we'd have all the the baws to hold off with the ST purchases. 8,000 to 10,000 sales is probably decent figures for him considering the wage cuts and player sales.

Too late for that now. I agree 8 - 10k would prob keep Vlad happy.

How about a boycott of all of Hearts sponsors and business partners (Ladbrokes etc?)? That way not directly hitting the club financially but peeving off these companies and get them to complain to Vlad?;)

Its good that you are coming up with ideas

The real protest that would have worked a treat would have been delayed or non season ticket renewals.

Unfortunately this suggestion became poster and agenda based.

Now a large proporti0n of renewals have been made, a large proportion of those are hacked off already

Sadly the horse has bolted for this season mate. If you think Romanov is going to listen to, let alone really know about genuine "civil disobedience" you've underestimated how much of a pigheaded tool he is

So here goes:

The first home game of the season we all buy tickets (ST's etc) and turn up at gorgie.

OPTION A)

We don't enter the stadium for 3:00. We all stay outside our relevant turnstiles and sing for 15 minutes. We then all enter the stadium and get behind the team.

OPTION B)

We enter in time for 3:00 but stand and turn our backs for the first 15 minutes and stay completely silent. We then all get behind the team.

Thoughts?

Howsabout not getting emotional (any more) about the whole thing and simply not going to Tynie ? Let's do it the American way and have a consumer boycott.

ST holders renewing ? Fine if Vlad is your bag , then carry right on.

For me , Vlad has no interest in a successful football team at HMFC BUT the moment that he changes his mind and puts football top of the/our agenda I will be right back. In the meantime Vlad, thanks , but no thanks.

Boycotts will not work with Vlad. Vlad is a Russian and has no comprehension of what western values are. Any protest will be treated in the Russian way : with comtempt.

Say What Again
Howsabout not getting emotional (any more) about the whole thing and simply not going to Tynie ?

I'm in!

I started in February though. :sad:

I'm in!

I started in February though. :sad:

I started LAST February after the debacle at Dunfermline in the cup.:rolleyes:

I'm sure you're still as good a fan as me though...................;):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest juvehearts
I started LAST February after the debacle at Dunfermline in the cup.:rolleyes:

I'm sure you're still as good a fan as me though...................;):rolleyes::rolleyes:

oops im a terriable fan i stoped going in december 2006! after the tannadice game 1- 1.

havent looked back since, still hurts like a mofo tho :(

The thing is that if we buy tickets in the first place, Vlad is happy and he is getting money. He won't be there to see any protests. We can't keep funding his Hearts, because it's not the same as our Hearts.

So here goes:

OPTION A)

OPTION B)

Thoughts?

And there was me thinking that if we all stood firm and did not renew our season tickets it would have sent out a clear message to our owner to sort it out. Silly old me.

What we really should do is give him all our cash then protest against him. Makes sense to me now.

In fact to really get our point across we perhaps should all buy a second season ticket to ensure that he gets the full whack and then start protesting.

Ah well perhaps some more of the "real fans" will wake up come next years season ticket renewal time. I will not however be holding my breath on this one.

Archived