Court of Session

rabprentice

SpellCzech: Heart of Midlothian 2005, I'm sure.

That's the vehicle he used to buy the share in the PLC, just as Robinson used New Hearts Ltd. Doesn't mean he can just transfer all the assets to a new company

I don't find it embarrassing at all. Maybe I'm just desensitised to these things but I just don't think it's worth worrying about. I get the feeling that there are just miserable Jambos in our midst who like this stuff a bit too much - any excuse to get all angsty. I don't mean you btw. Just a general observation. :)

It hardly instills trust in Vlad and his various companies does it?

It hardly instills trust in Vlad and his various companies does it?

This particular issue doesn't affect my trust in Vlad and his companies one way or another to be honest.

:)

Guest GhostHunter
Don't be catty...Some of us are just channelling our energies efficiently. I don't want high blood pressure before the age of 30. :P

You're no half bad looking for almost 45 let me tell you.

Keep taking the HBP tablets and you'll be fine

:D

You're no half bad looking for almost 45 let me tell you.

Keep taking the HBP tablets and you'll be fine

:D

Haha. PingerJoobs. :cheese:

:eek:

You said you wouldn't tell.

Pah.

I lied. Plus I couldn't pass up the opportunity to jump on the let's-take-the-mick-cos-Dex-is-ginger bandwagon. I think Mr Copperpot started it though, so don't blame me. :)

Guest GhostHunter
I lied. Plus I couldn't pass up the opportunity to jump on the let's-take-the-mick-cos-Dex-is-ginger bandwagon. I think Mr Copperpot started it though, so don't blame me. :)

That's libellous.

See you in Court.

Pffft

Guest GhostHunter
Strawberry blond.

Shouldn't you be watching out for hurricanes or something ?

:)

I love how the usual suspects try to make out this is normal for business

In the 6 months I have been with my employer we have not once been threatened with court action

Accounting systems and the fact companies send reminders, make calls etc, make it very hard to simply overlook bills, furthermore it takes many months before a company would take us to court

Tbh its utterly shocking that we let this happen time and time again, it just makes it harder for people to do their jobs within the club as well as making us look bad

I have found that a lot of companies i do work for like to keep the money they owe me in their bank untill the last minute or in some cases untill court precedings are threatened or issued.Mad-vlad likes the money in his account and is only scatter cash when its not his own cash he is spending.

It may be the gnome producers whom are fgiving us no more gnomes as owe them 3 grand-honest.

They must have paid the "3 grand" as the gnomes are back on sale in the store's-honest.

Peter Olivers Army
I have found that a lot of companies i do work for like to keep the money they owe me in their bank untill the last minute or in some cases untill court precedings are threatened or issued.Mad-vlad likes the money in his account and is only scatter cash when its not his own cash he is spending.

Exactly.

The late great Wallace Mercer conducted our business in this way all the time.

Mind, we didn't have as many factions in our support then.

In the 6 months I have been with my employer we have not once been threatened with court action

You work for a bank, don't you?

If so, then you're almost certainly wrong.

Dinae worry about it. I know where the Judge lives. I'll go round to his house and leave a horses head in his bed

magalufhearts

I have a few good friends at NHS and hearts are due 9 months ambulance and first aid bill, as of yet still unpaid!

Rawrrrrrrr
I have a few good friends at NHS and hearts are due 9 months ambulance and first aid bill, as of yet still unpaid!

Its all normal

Shusssshhhhhhhh....

A winding up petition is what a company will lodge with the court to enforce the payments of debt that is owed, it can be used as a scare tactic and is the official channel to getting money back, these things can often settle out of court, so there isnt a problem as long as the money is there to pay.

The same kind of winding up petition was lodged against Gretna, obviously they didnt have the funds to pay their debts, that's when a provisional liquidator would have been appointed.

not very clever when romanov is a major shareholder in a bank.

no honour, no pride, no honesty and how the hell we have these people running our club into the ground beats me.

Sheriff Fatman

Poetic justice for the pen pushers at the NHS, them having to wait for months to get something that should have been seen to a lot sooner.

What took my eye was the "Paul Callaghan v Greggs plc" petition.

I wonder what happened? Did Mr Callaghan find an unfounded rumour in his sausage roll????.....

What took my eye recently was finding a branch of Greggs in Leuven, Belgium.

Off topic, but still worth mentioning (IMHO).

An unstarred motion is a motion that has been lodged in the Court of Session and has not been opposed by the other party to the action.

A Petition for the liquidation of a company has two parties. The Petitioner and a Respondent.

Normal practice, I think, would be for the Petitioner to be the party to be named in the Rolls of Court - thats the list from whichthis case has been drawn

Also, Hearts are no longer a PLC - it only has one meaning, public limited company

So, drawing all this together - and its been a few years since I've been involved in a Court of Session Petition, but I think this action is at the instance of Hearts plc against someone it is seeking to wind up. Not the other way around

But I might very well be wrong.

Equally its unusual to see unopposed motions in liquidation petitions.

An unstarred motion is a motion that has been lodged in the Court of Session and has not been opposed by the other party to the action.

A Petition for the liquidation of a company has two parties. The Petitioner and a Respondent.

Normal practice, I think, would be for the Petitioner to be the party to be named in the Rolls of Court - thats the list from whichthis case has been drawn

Also, Hearts are no longer a PLC - it only has one meaning, public limited company

So, drawing all this together - and its been a few years since I've been involved in a Court of Session Petition, but I think this action is at the instance of Hearts plc against someone it is seeking to wind up. Not the other way around

Being a Jambo and frequenting Kickback can be so educational sometimes.. :)

Things might be rotten but I'm learning a whole lot from it. In more ways than one...

I am a Hearts supporter therefore this alleged non-paying of bills story is a load of old cobblers.

There, most of kickback can not bother posting and just slip me a "Spot on. End off" anytime they like.

In recent literature, the club refer to themselves as Heart of Midlothian plc.

A public limited company does not have to be listed on the London Stock Exchange.

Seymour M Hersh
]6 months isn't really a long time and to be honest' date='[/b'] if your employer had been threatened with legal action it's quite likely that they're not going to share that information with you or the rest of their employees Prancer.

Not that it really matters in terms of this thread but if you're determined to insist that it isn't a common occurrence then I have to disagree. The last four companies I have worked for have all been threatened with legal action and most of it was a load of nonsense. The company I currently work for is threatening 7 different companies with legal action of its own. It all depends what the story is behind the scenes.

That's not to say that this isn't a big deal - we don't even really know what it's all about. But legal action isn't necessarily an indication of anything we need to get our knickers in a twist about.

I wonder if there are odds on him lasting a year if he carries on the same at work as on here?:)

Hearts are still a plc - it says so on the accounts. From what you say, I wonder if it's a petition to wind up one of the other inactive companies that seem to be floating around.

Hearts are still a plc - it says so on the accounts. From what you say, I wonder if it's a petition to wind up one of the other inactive companies that seem to be floating around.

How interesting.

Thought we delisted years ago? Oh well, I've never really touched corporate law so I dont have a clue whats happening on that front.

But I still think its a Hearts raised Petition.

Rawrrrrrrr
How interesting.

Thought we delisted years ago? Oh well, I've never really touched corporate law so I dont have a clue whats happening on that front.

You dont need to be listed to be a PLC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_limited_company

The difference is that the shares and information are basically open to the market and have to be submitted. The requirements for this are far more strict if listed on the stock exchange though probably vlads reason for delisting as to the cost one he quoted.

How interesting.

Apparently you can be a plc without being listed - I'm not sure about the fine detail.

I agree it looks like a Hearts raised petition - do you think it might be to wind one of the dormant subsidiaries mentioned in the accounts? Hence the lack of opposition.

Rawrrrrrrr
Apparently you can be a plc without being listed - I'm not sure about the fine detail.

I agree it looks like a Hearts raised petition - do you think it might be to wind one of the dormant subsidiaries mentioned in the accounts? Hence the lack of opposition.

Why does it look like a hearts raised petition?

The fact it was raised by someone other than our own solicitors ( brodies??) suggests the opposite to me.

Have a look at our accounts for the name, thats who you would expect to raise such a petition

I suspect its more likely we paid up again at last minute

Why does it look like a hearts raised petition?

From memory the Petition name on the Rolls is the Petitioner - ie the guys chasing the liquidation. This action is listed on the Rolls under the name of Hearts

In answer to SeeVee - the fact that the motion - whatever it is - is unopposed suggests either it is a fairly low key liquidation of a company affiliated to Hearts (dont know why we'd do that though unless for tax reasons??) and the liquidation has gone through on the nod or it is a defended Petition and some sort of procedural motion has been allowed to go through on the nod.

If I was still in my previous life I'd have been able to find out for sure. BUt I'm not so I cant....

CornhillHearts

Cheers Peter need one for a present for the 12th as staying over, can you set two aside?

knoxyjambo

In these types of petitions the company being named is the one being 'wound up'. Hearts are the respondents in this case which means they are defending the action, obviously, the petitioners (pursuers) being the party who are seeking repayment.

In these types of petitions the company being named is the one being 'wound up'. Hearts are the respondents in this case which means they are defending the action, obviously, the pursuers being the party who are seeking repayment.

Cool - happy to be corrected on that.

Whether or not people think it is good business practice for Vlad to delay payments to suppliers etc it isnt good practice allowing disputes to get to the liquidation court

Once it has reached that stage they are not defending that a debt is due they are defending being wound up.

The fact that the petition is a winding up request indicates either that the sum claimed has been proven as due through a previous action, and not paid, or has simply been a debt intimated to Hearts which has been ignored and not denied as being due

Very bad practice either way.

There is delaying payment of debts, and then there is negligence and crass stupidity in letting something get to the Bankruptcy courts

Archived