Mackay show's his cards!

innerjambo

innerjambo

Looks like Gary's loyalties are lining his own pockets. It would appear he is openly encouraging Berra to leave Hearts, that's the way it reads anyway. I wonder if a man who has so much involvement in a club, should also be an agent for players at that club???

brellierlegend
Looks like Gary's loyalties are lining his own pockets. It would appear he is openly encouraging Berra to leave Hearts, that's the way it reads anyway. I wonder if a man who has so much involvement in a club, should also be an agent for players at that club???

Berra clearly wants to leave. Mackay is just doing his job.

Guest S.U.S.S.

To be fair if i was his agent id advise him to leave as well, why would you want your player under a maniac like Vlad? That and 6 months looking for a manager? na no thanks id get my players out as well.

vegas-voss

It shows how far we have fallen in 2 years.Mackay says Berra would be making a step up going to a middle of the table championship side.

Pants Shaton

Craig Levein's number one priority... Craig Levein

Steven Pressley's number one prority... Steven Pressley

Gary Mackay's number one priority... Gary Mackay

Spot the pattern? Human in looking out for number 1 scandal!

Answer to your first question... Its his job, Berra sounds like he wants to go to Wolves... why wouldn?t he, he isn?t a jambo by birth, he's prob wanting out of the mad house and I'd expect he could make a little more money with such a move.

Answer to your second question would have to be .... no agents shouldn?t be closely involved with any club.

Whilst I cannot condemn him for doing his job, I am disappointed with his comments in the press, Gary is obviously not under the impression things are going to get better anytime soon.

Aye, interesting point

However we all had a good chuckle when he fired O'Connor off to Moscow double quick and at the end of the day I suppose he has to 'do what's best' for his client ;)

Drylaw Hearts

I can understand your point.

He will be encouraging Berra and Wallace to leave Hearts just like he'll be encouraging all his players to seek moves.

It's how he makes his money.

He missed out on a big payday when Garry O'Conner got his move to Birmingham.

The likes of Ian Black and other players of that stature are hardly going to make Mackay rich and any transfers for Berra or Wallace are more than likely to be the biggest he's been involved in.

Money talks.

vegas-voss
I can understand your point.

He will be encouraging Berra and Wallace to leave Hearts just like he'll be encouraging all his players to seek moves.

It's how he makes his money.

He missed out on a big payday when Garry O'Conner got his move to Birmingham.

The likes of Ian Black and other players of that stature are hardly going to make Mackay rich and any transfers for Berra or Wallace are more than likely to be the biggest he's been involved in.

Money talks.

Yeah and then he'll be spouting this and that on Hearts World about how much he loves Hearts and moaning how **** the football is when he will have had a hand in it.

Look's like Gary is doing what he's paid for.

I can just see it now"I son let me be your agent and I'll do feck all for you".

innerjambo
Craig Levein's number one priority... Craig Levein

Steven Pressley's number one prority... Steven Pressley

Gary Mackay's number one priority... Gary Mackay

Spot the pattern? Human in looking out for number 1 scandal!

It is true what you say, they will look after themselves. It is also a bit of a reality check on what Gary Mackay thinks of Hearts these day's, having openly told us to trust romanov and his vision for the future.

Drylaw Hearts
Yeah and then he'll be spouting this and that on Hearts World about how much he loves Hearts and moaning how **** the football is when he will have had a hand in it.

Whilst getting paid around ?100 for doing so.

Drylaw Hearts
It is true what you say, they will look after themselves. It is also a bit of a reality check on what Gary Mackay thinks of Hearts these day's, having openly told us to trust romanov and his vision for the future.

That was nearly a year ago.

He's said very little about VR publically since.

Gary Mackay has his own agenda, always has.

And his own job,something he has to do to earn cash, like most of us.

innerjambo
Look's like Gary is doing what he's paid for.

I can just see it now"I son let me be your agent and I'll do feck all for you".

You missed the point. I asked should he be so heavily involved with a club and also be their players agent. I am merely saying that I dont think it's right, considering some of his comments on Hearts World about the way the club is run!

Fact of the matter is nobody at Tynecastle believes in the Romanov's or their unhinged 'vision' of what Hearts should be.

When the likes of Berra and Mackay openly show theirs cards in this manner should tell you everything you need to know as to how cronic things are at Tynecastle.

Anybody still hankering after a miraculous turn around circa. Burley days, are in need of urgent medication.

Drylaw Hearts
How did Gary miss out when O'Connor moved to Birmingham?

Because Rudi Vata was his agent.

vegas-voss
How did Gary miss out when O'Connor moved to Birmingham?

He was binned by O'Connor

Stuart Lyon

Ah well at least he made a packet when he went to Russia. Wonder why O'Connor changed agent?

The Mighty Thor
Whilst I cannot condemn him for doing his job, I am disappointed with his comments in the press, Gary is obviously not under the impression things are going to get better anytime soon.

And that's after being invited to the lithumaniac's gaff to get the full vision over beetroot soup.

You missed the point. I asked should he be so heavily involved with a club and also be their players agent. I am merely saying that I dont think it's right, considering some of his comments on Hearts World about the way the club is run!

How is he "heavily involved with the club" does he work for Hearts.

Gary is a football players agent now,so regardless of who he is representing and at which club, should not influence him or his client in any way.All he should be doing is keeping his client happy and getting them the best deal possible,that is what he is payed for.

ps I can see why people would get their nickers in a twist about it,for so long GM was trying to tell us everything will be okay and it clearly isn't,that is why IMO he hasn't said anything in public about the regime for some time.

Father Tiresias
And his own job,something he has to do to earn cash, like most of us.

Mackay shouldn't be spouting his mouth of about what's going on at Tynecastle and then actually encourage players to leave just because it lines his pockets.

Stinks of double standards.

No wonder he's detested my so many of his former colleagues.

Ah well at least he made a packet when he went to Russia. Wonder why O'Connor changed agent?

Had a massive fallout when McKay had to go and bail him out after he smashed his Ferrari when away with it and was lifted.

Mackay shouldn't be spouting his mouth of about what's going on at Tynecastle and then actually encourage players to leave just because it lines his pockets.

And you would be able to back up those claims i presume?

Football players are big enough and old enough to tell their agent to **** off if they don't fancy the move they've been offered.

That includes Gary O'Connor and Berra.

I don't admire many agents but if a player doesn't want to leave, they rarely will, unless being pressured by the selling club.

Read post 24,IMO Gary Mackay was more than likely lied to as was Foulkes,Anderton,media,the fans but in a grander scale,remember he did spend quite a bit of time in his company,loads of time to spout a load of pish to someone who was ,by most,a respected Hearts man.

The Mighty Thor
Read post 24,IMO Gary Mackay was more than likely lied to as was Foulkes,Anderton,media,the fans but in a grander scale,remember he did spend quite a bit of time in his company,loads of time to spout a load of pish to someone who was ,by most,a respected Hearts man.

I think there's an element of what you say makes good sense. I expect that GM was given the grand vision and being a Hearts man he probably bought the bull**** hook line and sinker as he really wants Hearts to succeed the same as all the other Jambos.

Sadly the current owner is a pathalogical liar and Mitty-esque character that stumbles from spouting one load of gash to the other, probably convincing himself of what he says along the way.

Mind you he's been fooling a very large number of people for the last 20 months or so too.

troonjambo

my god this thread sucks if berra want a move and hearts want to sell him and it appears we are right in the selling mood in case you have not noticed

then why get worked up slagging Gary off guys cmon

do you honestly think that Gary McKay should not do what he is legally, morally and contracted to do i.e. represent the best interests of his client because he supports hearts should he be binning any approach for a player who is on hearts books get a grip ffs

ps id be far more worried about what the club itself is up to than the individal players/agents and what this transfer would say about where we are going as a club that is not garys fault nor berras

Billy the Jambo
I think there's an element of what you say makes good sense. I expect that GM was given the grand vision and being a Hearts man he probably bought the bull**** hook line and sinker as he really wants Hearts to succeed the same as all the other Jambos.

Sadly the current owner is a pathalogical liar and Mitty-esque character that stumbles from spouting one load of gash to the other, probably convincing himself of what he says along the way.

Mind you he's been fooling a very large number of people for the last 20 months or so too.

You are right there the vast majority of fans fell for the mad ones BS so it wasnt just Mackay

The Mighty Thor
You are right there the vast majority of fans fell for the mad ones BS so it wasnt just Mackay

Totally agree mate. 11th September 2005 when we tore Livvy a new one at Almondvale with Romanov in amongst the support was seminal for me.

Fast forward to 22nd October and it's all gone pete tong.

Like i say a mentalist.

Ivan Drago

If i was Berra's agent, i'd be telling him to leave asap as well. No professional deserves to be put through the nonsense that goes on at Hearts.

innerjambo

All our decent players should leave then, leaving the way clear for us to be relegated next season. We should all encourage it? :)

Wasn't it Gary Mckay that came back from a summer meeting with Vlad last year and said everything was looking good.

The guy only looking after No1.

His fall out with the Pieman was no doubt more about his own cash position, than to do with Hearts.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If Berra says to Mackay that he's interested (never mind that he wants to go) than it's mackay's job to find out what's going on. As for GM commenting in the press, at least we know how the land lies which is rarely the case at hearts.

Drylaw Hearts
Sure I heard Mackay would be on Talk107 football show tonight.

I think he is on every Tuesday.

Guest casper
All our decent players should leave then, leaving the way clear for us to be relegated next season. We should all encourage it? :)

Most of our decent players have already left and GM was responsible for none of them going. Now, I wonder who was?

You really can't blame players (or their agents) for wanting to leave.

Jambof3tornado
If i was Berra's agent, i'd be telling him to leave asap as well. No professional deserves to be put through the nonsense that goes on at Hearts.

If its such a nonsense why havent the entire squad put in transfer requests??

CornhillHearts

Dear oh dear; Brashy -wrong again as its not in a newspaper you cannot copy and paste and therefore appear a bit lost.

Guest casper
If its such a nonsense why havent the entire squad put in transfer requests??

Because most of them are lucky to have a job as a football player at all.

Because most of them are lucky to have a job as a football player at all.

What he say,the likes off Makela,Beslija,Chesney,Jose,Nade and almost all the liths know full well they wouldn't have a virgins chance in hell of picking up those wages at any other club.

Jam Tarts 1874

MacKay is entitled to get Berra the best future he can for his client. MacKay talks about Berra wanting to "further his career" but that is really just a euphamism for more dosh. Did Colin Cameron really further his career at Wolves? I Don't think so, but certainly secured his future financially.

innerjambo
MacKay is entitled to get Berra the best future he can for his client. MacKay talks about Berra wanting to "further his career" but that is really just a euphamism for more dosh. Did Colin Cameron really further his career at Wolves? I Don't think so, but certainly secured his future financially.

Exactly, and that is why Mackay only has his own pockets in interest. Not that of his client, which so many people claim on here. Mackay has shown that he too has no faith whatsoever in Romanov, but should he be doing it in public?

Exactly, and that is why Mackay only has his own pockets in interest. Not that of his client, which so many people claim on here. Mackay has shown that he too has no faith whatsoever in Romanov, but should he be doing it in public?

Sorry if I am wrong Innerjambo but your last two thread both having a go at individuals who many percieve to be Hearts legends have made me very very suspicous of your motives, who's next???

My take would be= Wolves offer ????? =agent ask`s what is he worth now that he is an International. An open invitation for Hearts to offer the boy some more ????? ala MM.

innerjambo
Sorry if I am wrong Innerjambo but your last two thread both having a go at individuals who many percieve to be Hearts legends have made me very very suspicous of your motives, who's next???

Yes you're wrong. I dont think Mackay should appear so eager to be involved in selling hearts captain to the first bidder, or even encouraging it. I do not believe that Berra has told him to do so either. So Mackay is acting like any other sc**b**g agent, which is disappointing, considering he is a Hearts legend, and works closely with Hearts world.

Archived