Mackay show's his cards!

innerjambo

Guest S.U.S.S.
Yes you're wrong. I dont think Mackay should appear so eager to be involved in selling hearts captain to the first bidder, or even encouraging it. I do not believe that Berra has told him to do so either. So Mackay is acting like any other sc**b**g agent, which is disappointing, considering he is a Hearts legend, and works closely with Hearts world.

So what should he do, leave this promising young player playing in a team with no manager no direction under the stewardship of a mad man? Yes GM was a legend, now he is an agent and would be neglecting his clients interest to not advise him to move from this freak show. Mackay works for Berra.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I think you'll find that Mackay works for Mackay, and no-one else!

Great one liners, dont let facts get in the way of posting them.:rolleyes:

Dr. Bapswent

He pays his own wages? WOW

In your world do cats chase dogs and rain falls upwards?

Ray Winstone
Looks like Gary's loyalties are lining his own pockets. It would appear he is openly encouraging Berra to leave Hearts, that's the way it reads anyway. I wonder if a man who has so much involvement in a club, should also be an agent for players at that club???

He is doing his job - making money for himself - Shock Horror!

Advising Berra not to stay at a volitile club and maybe get away from the pressures of being captain and the pressures of the Hearts fans.

innerjambo
Great one liners, dont let facts get in the way of posting them.:rolleyes:

Yeah, like sending gary o'conner to russia was a real caring way to further the boy's career. :rolleyes:

innerjambo
He pays his own wages? WOW

In your world do cats chase dogs and rain falls upwards?

I was making the point that I do not think he has his clients best interests at heart. Do you have trouble reading posts? :)

Dr. Bapswent
I was making the point that I do not think he has his clients best interests at heart. Do you have trouble reading posts? :)

Yes, if its drivel like this.

I know what your point was.

Its just wrong.

Mackay is doing what good agents do, getting a good deal for their clients.

Simple really.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Yes you're wrong. I dont think Mackay should appear so eager to be involved in selling hearts captain to the first bidder, or even encouraging it. I do not believe that Berra has told him to do so either. So Mackay is acting like any other sc**b**g agent, which is disappointing, considering he is a Hearts legend, and works closely with Hearts world.

On what basis are you claiming that?

Guest S.U.S.S.
Yeah, like sending gary o'conner to russia was a real caring way to further the boy's career. :rolleyes:

Thousands per week, aye think he done well for him, he never has to worry about cash again. And an agent cannot make someone sign nor go somewhere they dont want to go so i dont see your point, Gary O obviously saw pound signs and jumped at the chance.

jack D and coke
Fact of the matter is nobody at Tynecastle believes in the Romanov's or their unhinged 'vision' of what Hearts should be.

When the likes of Berra and Mackay openly show theirs cards in this manner should tell you everything you need to know as to how cronic things are at Tynecastle.

Anybody still hankering after a miraculous turn around circa. Burley days, are in need of urgent medication.

If i was Berra i reckon i'd want the hell out of there also. Put it this way who has burst through into the first team in the last two years and really looked like they're progressing as players? No ^^^^ thats who! It's no place to further your career with the way team matters handled.

innerjambo
If i was Berra i reckon i'd want the hell out of there also. Put it this way who has burst through into the first team in the last two years and really looked like they're progressing as players? No ^^^^ thats who! It's no place to further your career with the way team matters handled.

Unfortunately I think you're right. The majority of our players dont want to be at the club anymore, and that is quite alarming.

BervieJambo
It shows how far we have fallen in 2 years.Mackay says Berra would be making a step up going to a middle of the table championship side.

Any club that can afford to pay a seven figure transfer fee is a bigger one than we are, so even the mid-table championship sides offer a step up to players in terms of their careers and pay packets. There is also the possibility of promotion to the premiership (FFS Jamie MacAllister was only 90 mins from making it) or big games in the cup and a higher chance of being noticed by even bigger teams. All we can offer in the SPL (realistically) is a couple of games in the UEFA cup - and that ain't happening this year. These facts haven't changed in the last 20, let alone 2 years.

So Mackay is 100% correct to encourage Berra to make this move, for the sake of his career and financial stability it is a step up. The only risk with these sorts of moves are that the can affect your international chances. Since Berra is already on the radar of George Burley and with other Scotland players performing at a similar level, he has no chance of being forgotten.

?1.5M+ to Hearts, Berra to Wolves, ??? for Mackay - good news for everyone.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Unfortunately I think you're right. The majority of our players dont want to be at the club anymore, and that is quite alarming.

Er, yeah, which is probably what Gary Mackay is thinking. What a great thread this is!

Looks like Gary's loyalties are lining his own pockets. It would appear he is openly encouraging Berra to leave Hearts, that's the way it reads anyway. I wonder if a man who has so much involvement in a club, should also be an agent for players at that club???

Let's examine your post.

Gary Mackay works as an agent, and Christophe Berra is his client. If a club has expressed interest in Berra, and player and agent will profit by the move, then it seems sensible that the agent might advise the player to consider the move, especially since his current club (ours) is in diabolical disarray.

Gary Mackay's involvement in Hearts, as a former player and Hearts legend (most appearances, etc) is providing "colour" commentary on the internet radio broadcast, which he seems to be able to do with little interference from the ownership (ie. provides a critical opinion at times) and provides hospitality for punters in the Gorgie Suite, etc., which again no one seems to complain about given his status, and ownership seems fine with it.

So, to sum up: what is your problem? Are you suggesting that Mackay has improper access to Hearts players that some OF ex-player, now agent, should have instead?

If the club's situation was not shambolic, and we were not seen to be having a fire sale of all available talent due to the fact that our owner is an incompetent ersehole, perhaps we wouldn't be seen to be vulnerable to approaches by other clubs, and perhaps players (and agents) might see some hope for progress in the near future for the club, and might be encouraged to stay.

If your point was that Gary Mackay seems to be pessimistic about success for the club in the foreseeable future, open your eyes. That opinion is shared by a metric shiiiteload of us.

How many times do people have to post "it's his job" on this thread before the loyalty-merchants get it?

If McKay's line to all his players was "I'll be your agent as long as you stay at Hearts" he wouldn't make much of a living.

superhearts51

Quite right.Gary mackay is a hearts legend who gave his all to hearts as a player and along with soh, The abuse he is getting by some so called hearts fans is a disgrace. Im listening to gary now on talk 107 and he is hurting at the abuse, True hearts fans support u 100%

Ron Burgundy
Quite right.Gary mackay is a hearts legend who gave his all to hearts as a player and along with soh, The abuse he is getting by some so called hearts fans is a disgrace. Im listening to gary now on talk 107 and he is hurting at the abuse, True hearts fans support u 100%

Exactly.

Anyone who doubts Gary's devotion to HMFC is either deluded or has an agenda(:hobofish:).

Some real t0ssers posting on this thread.

superhearts51

Totally mate, I cant believe the abuse he is getting on here, I hope he realises the majority are behind him

SHUT UP YOU FOOL.

chester copperpot
SHUT UP YOU FOOL.

Anyone who questions Gary McKay's loyalties, drop me a PM, I'd be happy to meet you and discuss this.

Even Gary know's his clients are better off outwith HMFC. Instead of abusing him, can we not question why he's advising his clients otherwise.

Not good, and this is coming from a Hearts legend.

Exactly, and that is why Mackay only has his own pockets in interest. Not that of his client, which so many people claim on here. Mackay has shown that he too has no faith whatsoever in Romanov, but should he be doing it in public?

i think you should hide your face from the public.

Anyone who questions Gary McKay's loyalties, drop me a PM, I'd be happy to meet you and discuss this.

Even Gary know's his clients are better off outwith HMFC. Instead of abusing him, can we not question why he's advising his clients otherwise.

Not good, and this is coming from a Hearts legend.

anyone who has a go at gary mackay is going to get dogs abuse and they deserve it.

romanov = no loyalty, no honour, no pride and no ambition.

superhearts51

Yeah i think everyone needs to show that we are behind him,He is on talk 107 now and he was saying how upset he was at the abuse he was getting. Its a joke that hearts fans are giving a legend like this abuse.

He also explained that he hasn't spoken to wolves and that if hearts want him to stay then he will be there next year.

Do you know anyone who doesnt work in their own best interest? If you do they can work in my interest and turn it over to me I will be very appreciative.

Is it not really a simple case of Wolves putting in a bid, Hearts accepting THEN Mr MacKay helping his client with whatever course of action his CLIENT wants. But as yet Hearts have not accpeted an offer (as far as I'm aware) so it's a non issue.

I too heard GM tonight on the radio and everything he said was spot on,cant believe what people are sayin on here about a legend like that

:107years: Remember and never forget

I too heard GM tonight on the radio and everything he said was spot on,cant believe what people are sayin on here about a legend like that

GM is Hearts through and through; one of the all-time greats. This thread shows that most fans know it.

Drylaw Hearts

What was GM saying ?

How many times do people have to post "it's his job" on this thread before the loyalty-merchants get it?

If McKay's line to all his players was "I'll be your agent as long as you stay at Hearts" he wouldn't make much of a living.

Fair point but his work as an agent can comprise any statements he may make on events at the club.

portobellojambo1

Gary Mackay will be doing no more than a client would expect of him, weighing up all the options, and suggesting which he thinks is best.

Nothing to do with lining his own pockets, it is more a case of doing his job properly. If he thinks another club has more to offer Christophe Berra than Hearts have he would be daft to try and encourage him to stay.

troonjambo

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/sub/News/0,,10289~1317062,00.html?

as i sincerely doubt you have a hearts world subscription and really doubt you were there this clip of gary the two johns craig alex george henry and dave doing there stuff against the tims will be pointless

gary is a hearts legend end of

innerjambo

as i sincerely doubt you have a hearts world subscription and really doubt you were there this clip of gary the two johns craig alex george henry and dave doing there stuff against the tims will be pointless

Gary is a Hearts legend, if you bother to read the post you will see that I did not say anything to the contrary. Howerver, Gary Mackay is not devoid of criticism, which some on here would have you believe. I questioned if someone involved with the club as much as Gary, should also be an agent for players at that club. It was a perfectly reasonable question to ask, but it got the same usual over reaction. If you disagree then fair enough, but I would suggest that the 2 roles pose potential problems, and a conflict of interest. could arise

innerjambo

Gary is a Hearts legend, if you bother to read the post you will see that I did not say anything to the contrary. Howerver, Gary Mackay is not devoid of criticism, which some on here would have you believe. I questioned if someone involved with the club as much as Gary, should also be an agent for players at that club. It was a perfectly reasonable question to ask, but it got the same usual over reaction. If you disagree then fair enough, but I would suggest that the 2 roles pose potential problems, and a conflict of interest could arise.

Seymour M Hersh

Something or someone is missing from this thread that would be able to add a lot to the debate. I wonder where they are?:rolleyes:

The Real Maroonblood
All our decent players should leave then, leaving the way clear for us to be relegated next season. We should all encourage it? :)

RR said it was the refrees to blame for our demise.

innerjambo
RR said it was the refrees to blame for our demise.

RR is sniffing glue!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Gary is a Hearts legend, if you bother to read the post you will see that I did not say anything to the contrary. Howerver, Gary Mackay is not devoid of criticism, which some on here would have you believe. I questioned if someone involved with the club as much as Gary, should also be an agent for players at that club. It was a perfectly reasonable question to ask, but it got the same usual over reaction. If you disagree then fair enough, but I would suggest that the 2 roles pose potential problems, and a conflict of interest. could arise

Good try.

You said: "Looks like Gary's loyalties are lining his own pockets", which is potentiously libellous and completely unfair

Also: "It would appear he is openly encouraging Berra to leave Hearts". Not true, he was wanting to find out the full facts about an offer from a major Championship club.

As I understand it, Gary does some work for Hearts World. To call that a conflict of interest is laughable. If he was on the board then that would be different.

Your op was ridiculous, hence the reaction. :mad:

innerjambo
Good try.

You said: "Looks like Gary's loyalties are lining his own pockets", which is potentiously libellous and completely unfair

Also: "It would appear he is openly encouraging Berra to leave Hearts". Not true, he was wanting to find out the full facts about an offer from a major Championship club.

As I understand it, Gary does some work for Hearts World. To call that a conflict of interest is laughable. If he was on the board then that would be different.

Your op was ridiculous, hence the reaction. :mad:

Gary is, by all accounts, on the commentary team at Hearts world. He is in the players lounge, he is at events and dinners. He is quoted in the newspapers, he jets of for private meetings with the owner. Infact some would say he represents the club as an ambassador type figure. You are distancing him from the club to suit your side of the argument, nice try, but you are completely wrong.

innerjambo
I sniff :hobofish:

Yeah mate, that was quoted earlier too. It's an easy reaction to make, but sadly, not an intelligent one.

Walter Kidd
Yeah mate, that was quoted earlier too. It's an easy reaction to make, but sadly, not an intelligent one.

If you are so "intelligent", then why can you not divorce Gary's real job from his affilliation to Hearts.

Are agents not supposed to give their clients advice? Or make their clients more money.

Get a grip.

Tom Heaney
Gary is, by all accounts, on the commentary team at Hearts world. He is in the players lounge, he is at events and dinners. He is quoted in the newspapers, he jets of for private meetings with the owner. Infact some would say he represents the club as an ambassador type figure. You are distancing him from the club to suit your side of the argument, nice try, but you are completely wrong.

He is on Hearts World but so what, thats not an issue, if you can say why it is then perhaps your argument will carry "some" weight. Lots of agents and others have access to a players lounge at any club, so no big deal there then. He went to one meeting with the owner, not meetings as you suggested. The only thing Gary can be accused of on that issue is perhaps being used by Romanov. We were all happy to hear what he had to say when he came back, Gary was hoodwinked, we were hoodwinked but it sounded good at the time. Go ask Gary now what he thinks of that meeting and subsequent events

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I'm not distancing him from the club, I'm distancing him from the workings of the club. Gary has nowt to do with the way HMFC is run, how they operate as a business, or who they buy and sell. Therefore your argument is bollocks.

Seems that Gary "Already knowing Berra's thoughts on the matter" was meaning that he knew Berra wanted to stay with Hearts, but would be in a bit of a position if Hearts accepted a ? 2 million bid, thus confirming that they didnt want the player and would prefer the money.

It takes a very different slant in this context.

Just who would want to play for Hearts in this present mess? Berra is a fine player who could well improve leaps and bounds when not having to put up with the off field rubbish.

One an imagine Berra pondering the possible alternatives - Another season like last one? A managerless and directionless club - or somewhere else?

Mackay shouldn't be spouting his mouth of about what's going on at Tynecastle and then actually encourage players to leave just because it lines his pockets.

Stinks of double standards.

No wonder he's detested my so many of his former colleagues.

You know that for a fact do you? Most of his former team mates I have spoken to have always held him in high regards.

Perhaps only the losers have an axe to grind.

bigbryanthejambo

As far as I am concerned Gary Mackay defines the word LEGEND. It's bandied around so much these days but in my opinion Gary Mackay has the same maroon blood pumping through his veins as we do. He's just a shrewd enough businessman to know when to make a business call, and when to make a heartfelt call.

Archived