US Elections 2016

JamboX2

I would be downright shocked to see Clinton replaced at this stage.

She's been maintaining a full campaign schedule despite pneumonia.  That's not evidence of a weak constitution, folks.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• niblick1874

• alwaysthereinspirit

• Maple Leaf

Seymour M Hersh

69 YEAR OLD WOMAN WITH PNEUMONIA STUMBLES AFTER BEING OUT IN HEAT FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS.

Haud the front page. 

(yes, i'm very aware that this isn't the actual story but the out of proportion reactions to alot of what Hillary does in comparison to Trump can be quite staggering really).  I'm not a Hillary fan but if Trump gets in, i'm moving to East Timor.

I bet you don't. 

Seymour M Hersh

She's been maintaining a full campaign schedule despite pneumonia.  That's not evidence of a weak constitution, folks.

Clinton won't quit as she has a fanatical lust for power. 

Why did she take so long to run?

Yep, she should have ran against George W.

:facepalm:

Meanwhile, some on the MSM are saying that she never went far enough and that she should have said they are all like that.

Stronger together? You're having a laugh. 

As I have said, this is being purposely manipulated so as to have Americans at each others throats.

Edited by niblick1874

I guess I'd be shocked too. 

I still think she'll win, but she hasn't opened up a gap on Trump like most people once expected.  The Dems were once salivating at the thought of Trump getting the Rep nomination, thinking that it would lead to a Clinton landslide, but that no longer seems likely.  Who knows what the outcome will be if there is any more negative news about Clinton?

69 YEAR OLD WOMAN WITH PNEUMONIA STUMBLES AFTER BEING OUT IN HEAT FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS.

Haud the front page. 

(yes, i'm very aware that this isn't the actual story but the out of proportion reactions to alot of what Hillary does in comparison to Trump can be quite staggering really).  I'm not a Hillary fan but if Trump gets in, i'm moving to East Timor.

Problem is Trump makes no pretence really to anyone of being a boy scout, even if he says so. His assholery has already helped him destroy an American political party and he seems immune to slights on his character.

Hillary however is running largely on the,we are better than him card which only can draw attention to her habitual lying. Whether she is Pres or not this tendancy will eventually make her come unstuck.  The email thing is simply awful. Hammers and bleachbit, and then the perjuring and the trampling over the interview processes. Bengazi and the  obscuring about the de-staffing of the compound is awful. And that is before you consider that both her and appeaser -in- chief apologised to the Islamist nutters for a youtube video as if their bloodlust was somehow justified by it. And I can actually understand her desire to conceal the health stuff if you are so driven to think you can stage-manage it but when it is unveiled so dramatically like yesterday it just hammers home the distrust built up with instances like those mentioned.

Problem is Trump makes no pretence really to anyone of being a boy scout, even if he says so. His assholery has already helped him destroy an American political party and he seems immune to slights on his character.

Hillary however is running largely on the,we are better than him card which only can draw attention to her habitual lying. Whether she is Pres or not this tendancy will eventually make her come unstuck.  The email thing is simply awful. Hammers and bleachbit, and then the perjuring and the trampling over the interview processes. Bengazi and the  obscuring about the de-staffing of the compound is awful. And that is before you consider that both her and appeaser -in- chief apologised to the Islamist nutters for a youtube video as if their bloodlust was somehow justified by it. And I can actually understand her desire to conceal the health stuff if you are so driven to think you can stage-manage it but when it is unveiled so dramatically like yesterday it just hammers home the distrust built up with instances like those mentioned.

Yesterday was the anniversary of Benghazi. Karma?  

Trump to release results of a recent medical exam. His doctor has apparently said he'd be the "healthiest individual ever to be elected president". Quite a remarkable claim for a doctor to make, but anyway...

One can only wonder if the results will be released before or after his tax returns. And where his accountant would rank him.

Trump to release results of a recent medical exam. His doctor has apparently said he'd be the "healthiest individual ever to be elected president". Quite a remarkable claim for a doctor to make, but anyway...

One can only wonder if the results will be released before or after his tax returns. And where his accountant would rank him.

Do you think that any of that is important to the big picture? I see it as nothing more than deflection and distraction.

Do you think that any of that is important to the big picture? I see it as nothing more than deflection and distraction.

I think they are both important...as there is apparently significant interest from the electorate in both.

Clinton has become damaged goods,and I'm sure the Dems are deeply worried.  If she is replaced, Elizabeth Warren would be a viable candidate, imo.

Yep. We will just have to wait and see. She is hanging on by a thread and you are right that the Dems are deeply worried. They are throwing the kitchen sink at everything but if what I suspect is coming transpires, the kitchen sink will not suffice and a whole host of others will get caught up in it. They need distractions, and quick.

Bridge of Djoum

Yep. We will just have to wait and see. She is hanging on by a thread and you are right that the Dems are deeply worried. They are throwing the kitchen sink at everything but if what I suspect is coming transpires, the kitchen sink will not suffice and a whole host of others will get caught up in it. They need distractions, and quick.

Oh, this gonna be good!

I guess I'd be shocked too. 

I still think she'll win, but she hasn't opened up a gap on Trump like most people once expected.  The Dems were once salivating at the thought of Trump getting the Rep nomination, thinking that it would lead to a Clinton landslide, but that no longer seems likely.  Who knows what the outcome will be if there is any more negative news about Clinton?

This may be the Democratic equivalent of maroon-tinted specs, but I think the final margin will be an 8-12 point Clinton victory, along with significant gains in the house and a likely Democratic takeover of the Senate.

The only time Trump's polls have ever seen the north side of 44% was during his rather small convention bounce, and have hovered closer to 40-42%.  I think he's got a hard floor right now of around 38% but a pretty hard ceiling of about 43%.  Where Clinton has lost ground is to people defecting to Stein or Johnson, and historically third party candidates considerably underperform their polls.  I think Clinton picks up the lion's share of those when it comes to it, and it still points to a nationally depressed Republican vote, which isn't good for down-ballot candidates (which, if the opponent were anyone but Trump, I would care about far more than I care about the White House race).  Combine that with what will likely be a complete abandonment at last of any kind of minority Republican vote, and it's still a good look for Democrats.

At the very least, Governor Gomer (Pat McCrory) of North Carolina is almost certainly getting sent home on his sorry ass.  I can't wait.

And now I've just seen that Mike Pence can't seem to find it in his heart to call America's leading openly KKK politician "deplorable" because he's "not into name calling."

Good grief.

Yep, she should have ran against George W.

:facepalm:

Meanwhile, some on the MSM are saying that she never went far enough and that she should have said they are all like that.

Stronger together? You're having a laugh. 

As I have said, this is being purposely manipulated so as to have Americans at each others throats.

People need  to see this for what it is.

This is not an off the cuff remark. It is a scripted statement which means that it was calculated and thought out by more than just Clinton.

How on earth did they think this would be a good thing to come out with? This is not disconnect although some will see it as that. This is way more than foot in mouth, in fact, it is something completely different.   

It has handed Trump something that he could used to point out that she has no right, and can't now, run for president of the USA.

He has rightly jumped all over it pointing out that no one can be President after branding millions upon millions of the American people racist sexist homophobic  xenophobic islamophobic you name it.

What were they thinking?

I smell a rat and the more this all unfolds, the more it stinks. 

People need  to see this for what it is.

This is not an off the cuff remark. It is a scripted statement which means that it was calculated and thought out by more than just Clinton.

How on earth did they think this would be a good thing to come out with? This is not disconnect although some will see it as that. This is way more than foot in mouth, in fact, it is something completely different.   

It has handed Trump something that he could used to point out that she has no right, and can't now, run for president of the USA.

He has rightly jumped all over it pointing out that no one can be President after branding millions upon millions of the American people racist sexist homophobic  xenophobic islamophobic you name it.

What were they thinking?

I smell a rat and the more this all unfolds, the more it stinks. 

Earlier in this thread, when you were asked, you said that you would not vote for either candidate if you were an American.  Despite that, you have been relentlessly bashing Clinton in almost every post.

For someone who claims to be not a Trump fan, you're posting very much like, well, a Trump fan.  Can't you take a break and bash Trump for a change?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Earlier in this thread, when you were asked, you said that you would not vote for either candidate if you were an American. Despite that, you have been relentlessly bashing Clinton in almost every post.

For someone who claims to be not a Trump fan, you're posting very much like, well, a Trump fan. Can't you take a break and bash Trump for a change?

Can't you leave him to howl at the moon? I quite enjoy a sea of posts being hidden, knowing it hides mentalist nonsense.

Earlier in this thread, when you were asked, you said that you would not vote for either candidate if you were an American.  Despite that, you have been relentlessly bashing Clinton in almost every post.

For someone who claims to be not a Trump fan, you're posting very much like, well, a Trump fan.  Can't you take a break and bash Trump for a change?

To begin with I'd like to say that I do not take him at face value and if I did I would not vote for him because of his conservative values. He is a part of this dangerous charade therefor I do not trust him.

There is someone on here that is way more adept at pointing out all things that are Trump related and I do not engage him about what he posts concerning Trump, (in fact I take it in) unless I think he is doing so to deflect.

I am pointing out the other side of the coin as there are some on here that would have you believe there isn't that much to see there. I see most as a distraction to the fact that the American people are purposely being put at each others throats and a very big part of that is everything Clinton related. I am not saying that Trump is not playing a part in that, however others have that covered on here while I am posting stuff that has not been covered.

To begin with I'd like to say that I do not take him at face value and if I did I would not vote for him because of his conservative values. He is a part of this dangerous charade therefor I do not trust him.

There is someone on here that is way more adept at pointing out all things that are Trump related and I do not engage him about what he posts concerning Trump, (in fact I take it in) unless I think he is doing so to deflect.

I am pointing out the other side of the coin as there are some on here that would have you believe there isn't that much to see there. I see most as a distraction to the fact that the American people are purposely being put at each others throats and a very big part of that is everything Clinton related. I am not saying that Trump is not playing a part in that, however others have that covered on here while I am posting stuff that has not been covered.

Clinton will surely drop out due to her major health concerns and the coming news about Gaddafi?s removal.

Prepare for the globalist hope for a third term of Obama reign.

Michele Obama to replace Hillary.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Clinton will surely drop out due to her major health concerns and the coming news about Gaddafi?s removal.

Prepare for the globalist hope for a third term of Obama reign.

Michele Obama to replace Hillary.

:cornette:

When Presidents have died in office due to health concerns, the illness of a 70+ woman isn't something to be concerned about.

Yay for the globalists shout though. :rolleyes:

What is amazing in all this is we are more obsessed with the things she hides than the things he unabashedly comes out with.

How did the American system get to the point where a position as utterly dangerous and ludicrous as, 'I always said, we should have taken their oil' is not a talking point, especially when security and foreign policy is so important this time? The problem is you have to actually sit down and digest these things cos the default level of expectation and standard for this guy means that most things he says don't register.

He is operating on on big feelings, gusto and an anti PC/establishment climate but it is scary to think this is what participatory democracy looks like in the supposed information age.

Apparently the women who came out of the hospital wasn't Hillary Clinton but was her body double........???

Margaret Thatcher could turn up as Clinton in the next debate and the mainstream media would buy it.

?Run along nothing to see hear? would be the headline.

:cornette:

When Presidents have died in office due to health concerns, the illness of a 70+ woman isn't something to be concerned about.

Yay for the globalists shout though. :rolleyes:

The globalist puppet masters who run the show would probably agree with you.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The globalist puppet masters who run the show would probably agree with you.

:laugh:

I thought you believed God ran the show?

:laugh:

I thought you believed God ran the show?

Absolutely I do.

Now you?ll get me in trouble here Geoff, but Satan and his demons pull the strings of the ?puppet masters?.

AlphonseCapone

Absolutely I do.

Now you?ll get me in trouble here Geoff, but Satan and his demons pull the strings of the ?puppet masters?.

:o

Geoff Kilpatrick

Absolutely I do.

Sound.

CsLC9ZrVUAALhBK.jpg

Yes, and yet Clinton's pneumonia is at the top of all of the newspaper mastheads this week and is all over internet and cable news.

Someone tell me how "the media" are in the tank for Clinton again?

CsLC9ZrVUAALhBK.jpg

Yes, and yet Clinton's pneumonia is at the top of all of the newspaper mastheads this week and is all over internet and cable news.

Someone tell me how "the media" are in the tank for Clinton again?

What is that and what does it prove? 

Anyway, back to reality. Huffington post at it as well.

It proves that the media are out to get Trump, 22 derogatory stories to 2, and the (justifiably) biggest story of the week is Clintons health.

That's what I'm not getting. Did he read it before he posted?

On another note, I'm wondering what his take is on the clip I left with Clinton calling Trump supporters all those things. It's no surprise to me that there is not a peep out of him on that. Par for the coarse.

No Pirlo - No Party

Thank God we don't live in America!

Which useless candidate would you vote for the office of  President? This situation is seriously bad and should be worrying for the rest of us?

As both parties in America are right of centre political parties, the equivalent situation in Britain would be to either elect Farage or Boris Johnson for Prime Minister - no other choice.

Quote found somewhere, " If Blair dies whilst in office, someone shoot John Prescott".

On another note, I'm wondering what his take is on the clip I left with Clinton calling Trump supporters all those things. It's no surprise to me that there is not a peep out of him on that. Par for the coarse.

It proves that the media are out to get Trump, 22 derogatory stories to 2, and the (justifiably) biggest story of the week is Clintons health.

A bout of pneumonia is a bigger story than substantial tax fraud conducted by bilking charities?  Seriously?  (http://www.vox.com/2016/9/13/12888492/trump-foundation)

You mean that she said half of Trump's supporters were deplorable?  No, actually that's what I was referencing above with the comment about the Mike Pence interview.  Again, try and keep up.

It's a Kinsley gaffe -- when a politician accidentally tells the truth instead of giving the stock answer.  While I know a fair bit more Democrats than I do Republicans, I still know quite a few Republicans from all ranges on the ideological spectrum.  I can divide them into three general camps -- 1. Already have jumped ship to either Clinton or (far more often) Johnson.  2. Watching in depressed horror and considering sitting out the election. 3. People who, whatever other positive qualities they have, are actually self-evidently racist and xenophobic.

The only part of Clinton's comments that I can even see as somewhat questionable is the "half" comment.  But a distressingly large segment of Trump's support is deplorable by any standard of anyone who has an ounce of compassion or moral decency.

And now I've just seen that Mike Pence can't seem to find it in his heart to call America's leading openly KKK politician "deplorable" because he's "not into name calling."

Good grief.

Is the above what you are talking about when you tell me to keep up? Is this what you call referring to what Clinton said about Trump supporters? As for the rest of your post, anyone with an ounce of common cense will now see you for what you really are. 

A bout of pneumonia is a bigger story than substantial tax fraud conducted by bilking charities?  Seriously?  (http://www.vox.com/2016/9/13/12888492/trump-foundation)

You mean that she said half of Trump's supporters were deplorable?  No, actually that's what I was referencing above with the comment about the Mike Pence interview.  Again, try and keep up.

It's a Kinsley gaffe -- when a politician accidentally tells the truth instead of giving the stock answer.  While I know a fair bit more Democrats than I do Republicans, I still know quite a few Republicans from all ranges on the ideological spectrum.  I can divide them into three general camps -- 1. Already have jumped ship to either Clinton or (far more often) Johnson.  2. Watching in depressed horror and considering sitting out the election. 3. People who, whatever other positive qualities they have, are actually self-evidently racist and xenophobic.

The only part of Clinton's comments that I can even see as somewhat questionable is the "half" comment.  But a distressingly large segment of Trump's support is deplorable by any standard of anyone who has an ounce of compassion or moral decency.

Maybe people will, after reading the above post, realize what I mean by the American people being purposely put at each others throats.

Yes, seriously. 

Looking at it from your perspective, Clinton is the only thing stopping this madman becoming POTUS, you've pinned all your hopes on her winning. If her health fails the Democrats campaign is back to square one. Who replaces her and can the electorate unite behind them in time to stop Trump?

Looking at it from the other side, Trump told us she was ill, she denied it and kept on denying it until she collapsed in public. Why would she try to cover this up, unless of course there is a more serious underlying issue?

As for the Trump stories, numbers 1, 8 (&9, seeing as they're the same story)  give a little bit of hope to the rest of the world (who doesn't want a President of the US that is willing to talk to the Russians) and the other stories are only confirming that Trump is a **** but we already knew that, so it's hardly news.

OK, the Trump bit was a bit of fun (kind of) but the implications of the Clinton health story could be far more reaching than any of the Trump stories, for both sides, which makes it the story of the week.

Yes, seriously. 

Looking at it from your perspective, Clinton is the only thing stopping this madman becoming POTUS, you've pinned all your hopes on her winning. If her health fails the Democrats campaign is back to square one. Who replaces her and can the electorate unite behind them in time to stop Trump?

Looking at it from the other side, Trump told us she was ill, she denied it and kept on denying it until she collapsed in public. Why would she try to cover this up, unless of course there is a more serious underlying issue?

As for the Trump stories, numbers 1, 8 (&9, seeing as they're the same story)  give a little bit of hope to the rest of the world (who doesn't want a President of the US that is willing to talk to the Russians) and the other stories are only confirming that Trump is a **** but we already knew that, so it's hardly news.

OK, the Trump bit was a bit of fun (kind of) but the implications of the Clinton health story could be far more reaching than any of the Trump stories, for both sides, which makes it the story of the week.

Given Clinton's unfavorable ratings at this point, an "October surprise" of Clinton being swapped out would likely result in a Democratic landslide, which is probably why rumors keep swirling about it.  Really, at this point, Tim Kaine, Elizabeth Warren, or Sheldon Brown could run it in just fine.

As to why she covered it up the pneumonia, a) because she's notoriously become extremely closed after 25 years of nonsense from the right wing, which is understandable but is also unfortunate, and b ) because if she'd come out with it we'd have just gone through the same bullshit, just a week earlier.

I am pretty pissed off that her media people were not out in front of this as soon as it happened on Monday.  That's political malpractice.

Does anybody know if John Hielemann and Mark Halperin are writing a book on this campaign?

Heard on good authority that the book on Obama 2012 is brilliant.

Given Clinton's unfavorable ratings at this point, an "October surprise" of Clinton being swapped out would likely result in a Democratic landslide, which is probably why rumors keep swirling about it.  Really, at this point, Tim Kaine, Elizabeth Warren, or Sheldon Brown could run it in just fine.

As to why she covered it up the pneumonia, a) because she's notoriously become extremely closed after 25 years of nonsense from the right wing, which is understandable but is also unfortunate, and b ) because if she'd come out with it we'd have just gone through the same bullshit, just a week earlier.

I am pretty pissed off that her media people were not out in front of this as soon as it happened on Monday.  That's political malpractice.

So, a) You've been championing someone who is extremely closed due to nonsense from the whole US political system (as highlighted above the whole US political system is right wing, which is backed up by points 1, 8 & 9 of your meme). To paraphrase Bob Geldof, Is this any way for a POTUS to be? and b ) According to you, hiding the truth (or as some prefer to call it, lying) is bullshit. Again, is this any way for a POTUS to be?

As I said, BIGGEST story of the week.

The way I look at, someone's health is a private affair and she should be under no obligation to discuss her health unless she's suffering from mental health issues. I realise many may disagree with regards to the job she's going for but that's my look on it.

Edited by Normthebarman