US Elections 2016

JamboX2

See this fake news is it the kind you learn that obama is the first president to bomb every single day of his presidency.

Or is it the kind which reports meryl streep giving a speech to a room full of luvvie rich actor types .

And if its an act of war to hack into a secratary of states emails (absolutely no evidence)

What is it if you bug an allied states leaders phone.

Fake news .

Whose really at it ?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• niblick1874

• alwaysthereinspirit

• Maple Leaf

I don't class obamacare as anything but an absolute failure which will rightly been replaced - his flagship policy and its destined for the garbage - that speaks volumes to me.

Trump has already said that he'd like to keep some parts of Obamacare, so it can't be that much of an absolute failure.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-willing-to-keep-parts-of-health-law-1478895339

I don't know enough about Obamacare to judge whether it's a failure or not, however if providing affordable healthcare to people whom didn't have or couldn't afford any, well that doesn't sound that bad a thing to me, better that than turning sick people away from hospital all because they don't have medical insurance to pay for treatment.

Obama before the election. I will leave no stone unturned to get the TPP passed.

As soon as Trump won he dropped it like a hot potato.

Some will say he dropped it because there was no chance of it going anywhere because Trump was having non of it.

Wrong. If that was the case, why not just let it run it's coarse. Where's the harm in that if he was that behind it and thought it good for Americans.

He put his neck on the block for the TPP under the assumption that the MSM and his people would be in place so as to keep the deception going. Guess what. Now? Knowing that the likelihood of it all being laid bare is real, he wants it all to go away, tough.

Meanwhile, here in Canada, they are running around like headless chickens changing the cabinet the best they can to counteract what is coming their way.

What will the Canadian MSM give Canada. Will it be the big bad Trump or the big bad NAFTA and the TPP with the question, who the **** got us into those and why. This is a rhetorical question.

As for the Russians. Is it all 17 of the  intelligence agencies or just three, the CIA the FBI and the NSA? I am seeing both. Which is the fake news?

Craig Gordons Gloves

Trump has already said that he'd like to keep some parts of Obamacare, so it can't be that much of an absolute failure.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-willing-to-keep-parts-of-health-law-1478895339

I don't know enough about Obamacare to judge whether it's a failure or not, however if providing affordable healthcare to people whom didn't have or couldn't afford any, well that doesn't sound that bad a thing to me, better that than turning sick people away from hospital all because they don't have medical insurance to pay for treatment.

Part of the issue with Obamacare - or to give it it's real name - the Affordable Care Act is that it didn't tackle the root cause of the problem here - the health insurance and healthcare industry.  He tried, but the end product was so watered down by a hostile congress that we end up with the program that works in some ways and doesn't work in others.  I'll give you a personal example.  

I get healthcare through my employer and it's a very good plan - i contribute to it each year as do they, because it's a massive organization, the plans provide great coverage however, like all insurance, it doesn't cover absolutely everything.  My son has various issues, autism being one, from age 2 to now, he's required alot of therapies to help him with these.  Our insurance policy covered autism therapy (thanks to the law in MN) but only provided for a certain number of speech and OT therapy sessions and it wasn't enough (2 sessions a week of one).  Fortunately, Minnesota had a plan that was administered by the state which we paid $3k for a year with a $3k deductible.  So when our primary insurance coverage reached it's coverage limit, we could use the secondary insurance to cover the care needed.  This, along with his autism therapy overages would have cost us around $35k a year, but because of the insurance, we paid probably around $10k a year. All of it worth it btw.

Then the ACA came in and with it, the state administered program had to go away, so we shopped on the marketplace created by the ACA and found a policy with Blue Cross/Blue Shield that was equivalent costs and coverage.  Also, the ACA stopped insurance companies from discriminating against existing conditions.  A year later, the Blue Cross policy more than doubled in price because we'd had the audacity to use it.  That's where the ACA fell short - it allowed insurance companies to raise rates massively and arbitrarily after the first year.  That's why people are a bit pissed with it - not the fact that they have to pay for healthcare but that the insurance industry wasn't reformed in line with the ACA.  They simply found other ways of getting around it.  Couple that with the high costs that medical providers charge to insurance companies and it's all a complete mess. 

I have a good friend whose daughter has had serious heart issues since being born and had 4 major surgeries.  She's good now but will need constant check ups etc and anything could happen as she gets older (shes 8).  They were delighted with the part of the ACA that prevented insurance companies from not covering existing conditions, if it gets repealed, one surgery could bankrupt them (one of her surgeries while a baby cost in excess of $750k including post care etc).  

Sorry - went on a rant, not aimed at your Jambo-Jimbo we're in agreement!

but my point is that Obama had the right idea, the execution of it didn't work as well as it should - partly due to the complete opposition that house republicans had with anything he wanted to do - even if it was good for people. 

Edited by Craig Gordons Gloves

alwaysthereinspirit

"One of the worst" is very vague.  He hasn't led the US into any disastrous wars.  He led the US out of one of the worst recessions in modern history.  His actions, much criticised at the time, saved the US auto industry.  Six million American jobs have been created in the last eight years.  Millions of Americans now have health care, thanks to him.

There are negatives to offset those stats, of course, and we can't overlook the fact that he had to deal with a hostile Congress.  Overall, my assessment is that he has been an average President.  But "one of the worst"?  Not a chance.

Millions of Americans have health care (they cant afford) thanks to him. premiums have went up, deductibles have went up, prescriptions have went up, appointment scheduling takes longer, doctors retiring early has went up. Obama care was a lie from minute one.

More people than ever have left the job market, more people on welfare, more people on food stamps, more households with no adult working.  

He'll have a legacy but it wont be remembered for the good by most.

Eight years ago he called it a time for change. I think he was 8 years early with that statement. Time for the toy throwers to pull up their big boy pants and get on with their lives. If Clinton had won I still would have had work the next morning.

Part of the issue with Obamacare - or to give it it's real name - the Affordable Care Act is that it didn't tackle the root cause of the problem here - the health insurance and healthcare industry.  He tried, but the end product was so watered down by a hostile congress that we end up with the program that works in some ways and doesn't work in others.  I'll give you a personal example.  

I get healthcare through my employer and it's a very good plan - i contribute to it each year as do they, because it's a massive organization, the plans provide great coverage however, like all insurance, it doesn't cover absolutely everything.  My son has various issues, autism being one, from age 2 to now, he's required alot of therapies to help him with these.  Our insurance policy covered autism therapy (thanks to the law in MN) but only provided for a certain number of speech and OT therapy sessions and it wasn't enough (2 sessions a week of one).  Fortunately, Minnesota had a plan that was administered by the state which we paid $3k for a year with a $3k deductible.  So when our primary insurance coverage reached it's coverage limit, we could use the secondary insurance to cover the care needed.  This, along with his autism therapy overages would have cost us around $35k a year, but because of the insurance, we paid probably around $10k a year. All of it worth it btw.

Then the ACA came in and with it, the state administered program had to go away, so we shopped on the marketplace created by the ACA and found a policy with Blue Cross/Blue Shield that was equivalent costs and coverage.  Also, the ACA stopped insurance companies from discriminating against existing conditions.  A year later, the Blue Cross policy more than doubled in price because we'd had the audacity to use it.  That's where the ACA fell short - it allowed insurance companies to raise rates massively and arbitrarily after the first year.  That's why people are a bit pissed with it - not the fact that they have to pay for healthcare but that the insurance industry wasn't reformed in line with the ACA.  They simply found other ways of getting around it.  Couple that with the high costs that medical providers charge to insurance companies and it's all a complete mess. 

I have a good friend whose daughter has had serious heart issues since being born and had 4 major surgeries.  She's good now but will need constant check ups etc and anything could happen as she gets older (shes 8).  They were delighted with the part of the ACA that prevented insurance companies from not covering existing conditions, if it gets repealed, one surgery could bankrupt them (one of her surgeries while a baby cost in excess of $750k including post care etc).  

Sorry - went on a rant, not aimed at your Jambo-Jimbo we're in agreement!

but my point is that Obama had the right idea, the execution of it didn't work as well as it should - partly due to the complete opposition that house republicans had with anything he wanted to do - even if it was good for people. 

Cheers for that, now I understand better why folks were moaning about the insurance premiums going through the roof.

The basic idea of the ACA sounds like a good one as far as I can see, however external pressures from the likes of insurance companies are what is making a mockery of it, added to the fact that they will have shareholders to please and you have a recipe for disaster, hence the increase of premiums, plus everybody from doctors, hospitals and corporate companies want a share of the cake, so to speak, not a good situation at all. 

Simply blaming Obama is surely being just a bit to simplistic and is using him as an easy target, as I get the impression this runs much deeper and is much more complex an issue than simply that the ACA is a bad act.

It is easy for Trump and his supporters to simply say that they'll scrap it, that's the easy part, so what do they replace it with? I haven't heard any concrete idea's thus far.

Thank goodness we have the NHS here in the UK, however the day is coming when serious decisions will need to be made about it, simply because it's totally unsustainable in it's current form, and I fear it's only a matter of time before people will need some form of health insurance and that's when the real problems will begin and the UK would end up in the mess that the USA finds itself in.     

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Bbc the guardian cnn among those accused of peddling fake news over Syria.

I call it lies.

Does this mean the only president to spend two full terms at war was lying too?

Maple leaf saying he hasnt led us to any disastrous wars.

Doesn't look that way with military build up by the US .

US historically can be read like a book.

The demonisation of the spaniards to control the sugar trade in cuba is text book stuff.

Up is down and down is up

Edited by jake

So we have some screeming fake news at everything others say on here, however, when asked where they get their news from and why they believe they are not being taken in with fake news. Nothing.

Take two things we know of where the contents were factual and pivotal to the election and lets see how they were reported on during the election and now.

What is in the WikiLeaks and the TPP are factual and have been analyzed upside down and inside out because what is in them are massive game changers, We are not talking about what celebrity is not going to be at Trumps inauguration here.

A whole slew of the information outlets ether did not mention them at all, or if they did, the discussion was not about the contents. That whole slew of information outlets were, and are, the MSM.

So I can't answer your question as to who to believe Jake, but I can tell you who not to believe. The MSM.

This below is the scummy shite these people get up to that are telling us that it was the Russians that did it. Compelling and believable? Wrong. She is the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador who was given instructions by a well known PR company so as to be convincing in every way. It's fake news. It is all a pack of lies. Who ran with it? The MSM.

While others saw right threw it, their voices were drowned out by people calling them scum for not caring about the babies. I remember being told that I was as bad as those taking the babies out of the incubators and throwing them on the floor.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=lying+about+babies+being+thrown+out+of+incubaters&view=detail&mid=9E2213F764859617E3779E2213F764859617E377&FORM=VIRE

For anyone that doesn't quite get what this enabled, below is a two minute explanation and below that, 23 seconds that should make your blood run cold.

What is it they say about deflection and distraction when you are up to something and have been found out? Claim those that are pointing out to others what you are doing are doing what they are saying you are doing.

Tell me again how many babies died from being taken out of their incubators and thrown on the floor as apposed to how many died because of the sanctions.

I could fill page after page on here with the likes of what is above.

Go back to 1898 niblick.

The exact same propaganda used to promote war with Spain over Cuba.

Sugar was known as white gold.

Tales of spaniards burning cubans in the big new york newspaper of the time.

Tales of infants being thrown from hospitals(later verified as fake no such hospital existed).

Guess which oligarchs funded and profited from that war.

Their family names still resonate.

They are part of the to big to fail banking giants.

Justin Miller also tweeted this:-

OLD: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

NEW: "Russian prostitutes did not piss in my bed."

Anybody stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Moscow.....i hear room service is a little niche.........

It's OK if you like Farrah "Faucet" Majors.    :sorcerer:

It's OK if you like Farrah "Faucet" Majors. :sorcerer:

Just as Id thought the jokes had dried up.......much like Donald had to do after a stay there.

No need to be a wet blanket. B)

Never read this on his Trip Advisor review and fair play to housekeeping. They really earned their tip that morning.

Urethra Franklin confirmed to play at his inauguration ceremony.

Trump has marked his wife out of ten. Urinate.

Tinkle, tinkle little tsar...

Etc,etc, etc

Edited by DETTY29

If the reports flying around this evening of Russia having serious compromising material on Trump and that McCain has a hand in that leak, it may mean the long knives are already starting to come out and Trump might beat Harrison's record for the shortest tenure as President ever.

President Pence would be terrifying, but a more garden variety version of terrifying than the Russian Roulette version we're playing now.

The Real Maroonblood

If the reports flying around this evening of Russia having serious compromising material on Trump and that McCain has a hand in that leak, it may mean the long knives are already starting to come out and Trump might beat Harrison's record for the shortest tenure as President ever.

President Pence would be terrifying, but a more garden variety version of terrifying than the Russian Roulette version we're playing now.

I hope you are right.

Doesn't matter if it's true or not, doesn't matter if irrefutable evidence came to light to support it, there will always be some who will dismiss it and call it just another fake news story or others who will believe every word of it, that's what happens in a propaganda war where the first casualty is the truth. 

All sides are guilty of spreading fake news, is this yet another one?  I don't know, however from what is openly known about Trump it would not shock nor surprise me to learn that this story turned out to be true.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It doesn't bother me if Trump is a deviant or not. It's not like he's bringing any kind of dignity or gravitas into the Oval Office.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It doesn't bother me if Trump is a deviant or not. It's not like he's bringing any kind of dignity or gravitas into the Oval Office.

Even so, how the hell Buzzfeed can print this and say "we've no idea if it's true but we're now going to try and check" is beyond me.

Done to a UK politician, they'd get sued to death.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Even so, how the hell Buzzfeed can print this and say "we've no idea if it's true but we're now going to try and check" is beyond me.

Done to a UK politician, they'd get sued to death.

Fair point when you have people like Niblick out there!

Seymour M Hersh

Dignity and gravitas have not been words associated with the Oval Office for decades.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Watched Barry last night, that's how you act presidential. Also, listened to NPR this morning, very interesting discussion around the various conflicts of interest with 2 former WH ethics lawyers, 1 who served under the first Bush. This is why the tax returns are important, to see if there are partnerships within Russia and also gifts etc that could indicate links. Every single president in the last 30 odd years divested their businesses yet the clown still hasn't. Oh, and I put NPR down as a credible news source.

Watched Barry last night, that's how you act presidential. Also, listened to NPR this morning, very interesting discussion around the various conflicts of interest with 2 former WH ethics lawyers, 1 who served under the first Bush. This is why the tax returns are important, to see if there are partnerships within Russia and also gifts etc that could indicate links. Every single president in the last 30 odd years divested their businesses yet the clown still hasn't. Oh, and I put NPR down as a credible news source.

We're living in an age beyond reason.

Tax return release should be law if you're running for President.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:hae36:

:rofl: Walked right into that one...

I haven't even read the details of the pish story an honestly would be happier if I never do -- Trump has done things in public and on camera that worry me far more than whatever he did with some Russian prostitute or whatever the story is.

On a different note, there's an interesting theory on Reddit (so take with huge grain of salt) that Assange has lost control of the WikiLeaks private key, which would go a long ways to explaining why WL has taken such an authoritarian turn recently.  But it's a Reddit theory so who knows.

Craig Gordons Gloves

For the past 12-18 months, Trump's supporters (not all, but a lot) have been quite happy to believe anything that was written/said about his opponents in the republican race and then Hillary in the presidential race without verification etc, now that there is a 'story' that he likes to get pished on by hookers, they're all screaming about wanting the facts.  It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

Remember The Trump said that Obama was foreign for years without any proof, that Ted Cruz's dad was a serial killer without any proof and yet now he's been called out for being a deviant, he's complaining about fake news....

btw - i appreciate that the golden shower stuff is more than likely fake.  The rich irony of all this is not.

Rudolf's Mate

Well that was an entertaining press conference with Trump the now. The mans clearly not right in the head.

I was willing to give the guy the benefit of doubt (huge doubt) however virtually every time he opens his mouth you think how the **** did he get into the White House!

Space Mackerel

I was willing to give the guy the benefit of doubt (huge doubt) however virtually every time he opens his mouth you think how the **** did he get into the White House!

He's going to alienate himself from the press and the security services if he keeps that kind of rhetoric up.

It's actually quite scary, but hilarious at the same time.

Francis Albert

He's going to alienate himself from the press and the security services if he keeps that kind of rhetoric up.

Maybe not such a bad thing. It is strange how the US press and other media, and above all the security services, rightly reviled by most on the left in my lifetime, are suddenly the good guys. The US security services haven't just "hacked" and interfered in almost every free election in the world since WW2, they have conspired against and maintained extensive dossiers on every mildly left wing US politician and party

Space Mackerel

Maybe not such a bad thing. It is strange how the US press and other media, and above all the security services, rightly reviled by most on the left in my lifetime, are suddenly the good guys. The US security services haven't just "hacked" and interfered in almost every free election in the world since WW2, they have conspired against and maintained extensive dossiers on every mildly left wing US politician and party

You can't go on about the CIA, NSA infiltrating other countries and meddling and news papers writing Government orchestrated spin stories, us "conspiracy theorists" will be proved right! :)

Edited by Space Mackerel

The press and security services alienated themselves from Trump right at the start of the republican nominations. This latest round of stories makes them all look very stupid.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Great PC by Trump, we will now have a true leader in the White House!

You're absolutely right, it was a great press conference by Trump.  Great if you like your presidents to provide meandering, nonsensical and downright stupid responses.  Hey, did you know that there are cameras, they're so small, so small that you can't even see them. And yes, hacking is bad but hey, did you see what they came up with? 

1/10 must try harder. Back to troll school.

You have just given a perfect example of the bit in bold in my post below.

So we have some screeming fake news at everything others say on here, however, when asked where they get their news from and why they believe they are not being taken in with fake news. Nothing.

Take two things we know of where the contents were factual and pivotal to the election and  lets see how they were reported on during the election and now. 

What is in the WikiLeaks and the TPP are factual and have been analyzed upside down and inside out because what is in them are massive game changers, We are not talking about what celebrity is not going to be at Trumps inauguration here.

A whole slew of the information outlets ether did not mention them at all, or if they did, the discussion was not about the contents. That whole slew of information outlets were, and are, the MSM.

So I can't answer your question as to who to believe Jake, but I can tell you who not to believe. The MSM.

This below is the scummy shite these people get up to that are telling us that it was the Russians that did it. Compelling and believable? Wrong. She is the daughter of the Kuwaiti  ambassador who was given instructions by a well known PR company so as to be convincing in every way. It's fake news. It is all a pack of lies. Who ran with it? The MSM.

While others saw right threw it, their voices were drowned out by people calling them scum for not caring about the babies. I remember being told that I was as bad as those taking the babies out of the incubators and throwing them on the floor.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=lying+about+babies+being+thrown+out+of+incubaters&view=detail&mid=9E2213F764859617E3779E2213F764859617E377&FORM=VIRE

For anyone that doesn't quite get what this enabled, below is a two minute explanation and below that, 23 seconds that should make your blood run cold.

What is it they say about deflection and distraction when you are up to something and have been found out? Claim those that are pointing out to others what you are doing are doing what they are saying you are doing.

Tell me again how many babies died from being taken out of their incubators and thrown on the floor as apposed to how many died because of the sanctions.

I could fill page after page on here with the likes of what is above. 

How about not doing what you claim others are doing and discuss the content of the post above instead of going straight for the poster and completely avoiding the subject? Is it that you don't discuss stuff you know nothing about and instead troll thread after thread by doing nothing but attacking certain posters? How many have to pull you up for this?

Rudolf's Mate

I thought he might actually tone it down a bit but **** me!

Then you'd be wrong.

Yes. He never behaved in front of the press like Mr Trump did today. Nor did such sordid allegations get put against him.

Every speech, public engagement and his manner just was Presidential.

Whether you agree with the content or his attitude and policies as president is a seperate issue.